Myrland instances go against core game design

Philthie

Sep 13, 2020
Keeping people in a queue would probably retain more players than actually letting them play.

Last edited:

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
We need a few days until we can deploy these extra continents and let all of you in, and we will update you when we have the final day and time for this.

/Henrik Nyström and the Star Vault team.

Just give us a refund. Your game is not playable and is not what was advertised.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Seem they can't do otherwise for the moment.
Because they didnt tough about it before, all they had to do is release 6 continent host on 6 different server instead of making myrland 6x bigger and adding only 1 town to let people spawn in from haven.

Reactions: MolagAmur

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It's a temporary solution for now while they slowly work on the main Myrland server to increase population cap, so that we can all log in and play for the time being instead of being stuck in the 3,300 place in queue.

In time, these Myrland instances will become the other continents like Sarducaa, Nordveld and so forth. You won't be able to build structures on these Myrland instances other than on the main one that we are all currently playing on.
Like all "temporary" things in MO that quickly changes to intended features working like intended when they realize they have no hope to fix it...business like usual!

Another moment of sell out because they cant seem to understand and fix issues.

Reactions: Sgr

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Star Vault could of avoided the issue with regional servers.
And that is totally not against their 1 global server design....

What they could have done is reduce the graphics and atleast have 2x the players ingame and also have 100 times better gameplay instead of the current dumbed down shit show we have to amuse bad Aussie players.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
66% of the playerbase unable to play goes against the concept as well i believe.

I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?
Because that won't nerf the queue boss.

Rudakov

May 31, 2020
If this is true, this goes against the "core" game design I keep hearing from henrick and the community. The whole appeal of mortal online 2 is the one world one server design. I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?

Few things I'm curious about...

If they do indeed add myrland instances.. How will it be managed? Will it be like havens where we can go to different instances at will? My thing that worries me is if a fight is going on and the losing party decides to instance to another world.
Yea , the game is fucked up . And never going to be like that LIER Henrick saying all the time .

druez

Jan 9, 2022
I would prefer they just create another complete world in North America. Have a North America game complete with 1 myr and a Europe version with 1 myr.

I'm willing to bet the split is about 50/50 right now, that would cut the queues in half and have prime playing hours on each server. So the queues would still exist during prime time, but would alleviate in the off hours. The north americans would have a server that gives us a better ping time.

This is how Gloria Victus does it and I think it works fairly well.

I don't like the idea of "instances" of the same myr... That makes things like controlling an area and locking down towns a thing of the past. I can just goto another instance to get the book I want or try to find area that isn't being farmed, rather then fighting over it.

Reactions: Meltdown

BeLLFALST

Dec 9, 2021
Hello all.

What about another server 1 or 2 / I tolking about full three different servers not like haven (mirrors)
And many ppl can start play with the latest server settings . Not like was on relize - when some ppl have boost and others not ^)

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
And that is totally not against their 1 global server design....

What they could have done is reduce the graphics and atleast have 2x the players ingame and also have 100 times better gameplay instead of the current dumbed down shit show we have to amuse bad Aussie players.
The reason we have this dumbed down gameplay is because of the one server vision. If we had regional servers from the start, they could have way better combat and more fast paced not this slow motion shit with ping normalization.

druez

Jan 9, 2022
Star Vault could of avoided the issue with regional servers.

Yes, I'm ok with the fact that they didn't have regional servers to start. But, now that they realized they might actually have a pretty decent hit on their hand it makes sense to go this direction, I think.

Reactions: Meltdown

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
One world server? I’d throw a party if I never had to see half of you pricks ever again

Reactions: MolagAmur

Balinor

Feb 4, 2022
I hope no refunds are ever issued. Game so far is exactly as advertised as far as I can tell. queue to the game is sad but it's not the game, you deserve nothing.
Says the guy who's avatar looks like a dong... If you consider the Queue the game, then yea, I guess it is what was advertised.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
If this is true, this goes against the "core" game design I keep hearing from henrick and the community. The whole appeal of mortal online 2 is the one world one server design. I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?

Few things I'm curious about...

If they do indeed add myrland instances.. How will it be managed? Will it be like havens where we can go to different instances at will? My thing that worries me is if a fight is going on and the losing party decides to instance to another world.
people wanna play thats all its not gonna be like that forever !

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
The reason we have this dumbed down gameplay is because of the one server vision. If we had regional servers from the start, they could have way better combat and more fast paced not this slow motion shit with ping normalization.
Thats one of the excuses they use yes.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
66% of the playerbase unable to play goes against the concept as well i believe.
Your not wrong.
But we all should have known that from the start, seeing as a 50 man fight was laggy with just a couple hundred on the entire server. Graphics alone is way to good to handle many players on screen with no issues.