Myrland instances go against core game design

Tzone

May 16, 2021
And that is totally not against their 1 global server design....

What they could have done is reduce the graphics and atleast have 2x the players ingame and also have 100 times better gameplay instead of the current dumbed down shit show we have to amuse bad Aussie players.
The issue is not graphics its data on the server. The client handles all the graphics. The server just tells the client the location of things and what is going on and keeps a data base. There issue is purely that the server can not track/process and or send/receive packets fast enough. This is the same reason why we have 5 piece instead of 10 piece armors because the server needs to communicate each piece to the clients of all the players that that armored player is visible to as. Also the reason why pop in is so close up, you can see how the pop in is much worse when the server is lagging and you have to walk up and wait a while before the server has enough time to send you those packets on that player.

If the reason for the poor performance was graphics then you would have client crashes among some players at times but not all players because of the GPU differences amount players. Or the frames would drop but they are staying constant. The only time the game would lag like this if it was client would be due to having too many entities in the world to process but thats a CPU issues and not a graphics one.

You can look at the last large battle of the beta where it was 200 v 200 or something and everything was fine until all the players took weapons out and then there animations stopped working but frames remained relatively fine. The system they had server side just couldn't process and put out the packets fast enough to tell peoples clients the animations of the other players. Probably because there are more packets associated with the animations for combats compared to just running around weapons away.

The issue is not players on screen it is the ability of the server to process the data fast enough or and the ability to disseminate packets to the players fast enough. You would not even have to be near that fight or even see those players to sill feel lag. As we folk in GK can attest that we would get major lag with the rest of the server despite seeing no one nor our node being populated that much.

Regional servers would fix this issues and its why they are making a temporary extra myrland(s). The issue tho is even with a NA and EU server AUS, SA, NA, OCE would play on the NA server for lower ping and even tho this will be contested NA has slightly more players then EU. The NA server would be populated just fine while the EU would have less pop. As most players would want to be on the more populated server so you would see like as examples in many other games, EU players playing on NA instead causing more even less pop on the EU server. This could cause a cascading affect on the EU server.

Naturally NA east is the most centralized location to have a server and could have a better affect on the over all games gameplay as you would no longer have outragously high ping for some region while most of the players would have moderate ping under 120. I think the reason they have the server in EU was because new EU players would shy away from the game more then NA players would shy away if they had over 50 ping. And ping defiantly matters in this game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I would prefer they just create another complete world in North America. Have a North America game complete with 1 myr and a Europe version with 1 myr.

I'm willing to bet the split is about 50/50 right now, that would cut the queues in half and have prime playing hours on each server. So the queues would still exist during prime time, but would alleviate in the off hours. The north americans would have a server that gives us a better ping time.

This is how Gloria Victus does it and I think it works fairly well.

I don't like the idea of "instances" of the same myr... That makes things like controlling an area and locking down towns a thing of the past. I can just goto another instance to get the book I want or try to find area that isn't being farmed, rather then fighting over it.

nah cuz if there were multi servers in a game like this each cluster of servers would have its own character (optimally) :D

Unfortunately, it seems nobody in the community is happy w/ anything. I dunno if I'm happy or not, will have to PLAY THE GAME first and decide. Time passes and I care less.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Its not really an excuse, they cant bend the laws of physics you know... Sounds like you just want to dunk NA players with even more ping advantage xD
You do know Patwins beat Tyguy with faster paced combat ?
Its a bad excuse cause its a bad excuse. I played faster paced combat and US players like Aussies could play competitively. That makes it a bad excuse.

And you look like a blind fanboi atm...just sayin...

Last edited:

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
The issue is not graphics its data on the server. The client handles all the graphics. The server just tells the client the location of things and what is going on and keeps a data base. There issue is purely that the server can not track/process and or send/receive packets fast enough. This is the same reason why we have 5 piece instead of 10 piece armors because the server needs to communicate each piece to the clients of all the players that that armored player is visible to as. Also the reason why pop in is so close up, you can see how the pop in is much worse when the server is lagging and you have to walk up and wait a while before the server has enough time to send you those packets on that player.

If the reason for the poor performance was graphics then you would have client crashes among some players at times but not all players because of the GPU differences amount players. Or the frames would drop but they are staying constant. The only time the game would lag like this if it was client would be due to having too many entities in the world to process but thats a CPU issues and not a graphics one.

You can look at the last large battle of the beta where it was 200 v 200 or something and everything was fine until all the players took weapons out and then there animations stopped working but frames remained relatively fine. The system they had server side just couldn't process and put out the packets fast enough to tell peoples clients the animations of the other players. Probably because there are more packets associated with the animations for combats compared to just running around weapons away.

The issue is not players on screen it is the ability of the server to process the data fast enough or and the ability to disseminate packets to the players fast enough. You would not even have to be near that fight or even see those players to sill feel lag. As we folk in GK can attest that we would get major lag with the rest of the server despite seeing no one nor our node being populated that much.

Regional servers would fix this issues and its why they are making a temporary extra myrland(s). The issue tho is even with a NA and EU server AUS, SA, NA, OCE would play on the NA server for lower ping and even tho this will be contested NA has slightly more players then EU. The NA server would be populated just fine while the EU would have less pop. As most players would want to be on the more populated server so you would see like as examples in many other games, EU players playing on NA instead causing more even less pop on the EU server. This could cause a cascading affect on the EU server.

Naturally NA east is the most centralized location to have a server and could have a better affect on the over all games gameplay as you would no longer have outragously high ping for some region while most of the players would have moderate ping under 120. I think the reason they have the server in EU was because new EU players would shy away from the game more then NA players would shy away if they had over 50 ping. And ping defiantly matters in this game.
Yup cause thats why we have games with photo realistic graphics all around....

SV should hire you to fix their game, sounds like you know exactly everything about this!

Feb 4, 2022
San Diego, CA
This option should be out of question, i am one of the new players, but i am attracted by the hardcore features of the game.
If we don't keep the base design concept then what could change next? This is the easy road and i am fully against it... Use the money from the release and add the next continent in 2 month... Make a video saying "This is a hardcore game and only hardcore players can play it"... throw fuel into the fire, the long-term success of the game is the only thing that matters.

If long-term success is what the developers are concerned about, then this strategy would be the fastest way to make sure that the game dies a swift and permanent death. What the minority of hardcore MMO veterans don't understand is that they alone cannot sustain a healthy game ecosystem. MO2 is a game that sorely needs players because players are the content.

There are no quests. There are no storylines. There is hardly even any lore. As such, the game desperately needs a large and diverse player base to truly make the world feel alive and give even the most hardcore of MMO players a reason to continue playing. Without the newbies and casuals that this decision will help to retain, the game would have died as most people are simply going to move on to a different title releasing at the moment. Most of them wouldn't come back and still may not.

This is a great compromise that honestly feels like an expedited release of a feature that was already planned for the future.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Its a bad excuse cause its a bad excuse. I played faster paced combat and US players like Aussies could play competitively. That makes it a bad excuse.

And you look like a bling fanboi atm...just sayin...
If your referencing very early MO2 beta then just LOL because that was the most ping dependant phase of the game, where you couldnt even parry non-accel counters with more than 120-140 ping and couldnt even use prediction since 360 parrys. Theres even a video of an aussie player who couldnt block normal attacks back then.

Yeah he may have beat him a couple times but I doubt he was beating him consistently...

High ping players were more competitive in MO1 because they could abuse prediction and some of their hits would insta swing thru parries. None of it was really good gameplay just mostly RNG. Even then the top duelers were always EU. Bad excuse my ass, if MO2 was the same we would go back to 100 players in no time because nobody wants to play a buggy game where ppl hit you from 1km.

The only way we could get actual good gameplay with higher paced combat is with regional servers. Like most normal pvp games

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
nobody coming in here to say Mo2 1v1 combat is some of the most dogshit competition they've ever seen in any action-type game? loool.

I don't know if it needs to be truly faster, just more diverse. They need to get the internal testing team on that as soon as they get the servers online!

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
If your referencing very early MO2 beta then just LOL because that was the most ping dependant phase of the game, where you couldnt even parry non-accel counters with more than 120-140 ping and couldnt even use prediction since 360 parrys. Theres even a video of an aussie player who couldnt block normal attacks back then.

Yeah he may have beat him a couple times but I doubt he was beating him consistently...

High ping players were more competitive in MO1 because they could abuse prediction and some of their hits would insta swing thru parries. None of it was really good gameplay just mostly RNG. Even then the top duelers were always EU. Bad excuse my ass, if MO2 was the same we would go back to 100 players in no time because nobody wants to play a buggy game where ppl hit you from 1km.

The only way we could get actual good gameplay with higher paced combat is with regional servers. Like most normal pvp games
Good way of saying "No, I didnt play during the start of MO2 so cant really give my opinion on it".
As said Patwins a US player was among the top 5 fighters all through ping normalizations and combat speed decrease phases.
And yes not even Tyguy could parry all hits back then, why should any player be able to parry every incoming hit from the fastest weapons around ?

some of their hits would insta swing thru parries.
No Just no, I lived next to the server and could perfect block anyone with fast paced MO1 combat. Later when parries came, I could 100% parry every hit from a single target that is.
There was no way to get through a block magically. You hit their back on your screen but through the block on theirs. Thats the beauty of a prediction system messing with reality and resulting in the lower ping players screen dictating the outcome.

Last edited:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

And you look like a bling fanboi atm...just sayin...
Nah he didn’t

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
why should any player be able to parry every incoming hit from the fastest weapons around ?

I could 100% parry every hit from a single target that is.

I don't understand why everyone talks about ping, then they talk about parries... nobody says they should adjust the effectiveness of parries and make the combat more dynamic, they just want lower ping so they can parry more. HELP ME UNDERSTAND. There are a bunch of ways they could change how parry works to make it so that it was less about how has the lowest ping. Right now, we don't have people warping around the screen (as often lol), so now it's time to look at COMBAT MECHANICS since people can see the other player they are fighting. Everyone is still on no no lo ping I want to parry more. AIYEEEE.

It's a never-ending argument with no answer. Imagine if parry guarded one side opposed to where the swing was charged, you could spin and hit them on the other side. It's a very simple issue, pokes take maybe 1 sec to charge (and are effective, generally), parry is basically instant, and a full swing takes, what like 2 seconds+ to charge? That is bad design. Should make it so if you get banged w/ a full charged swing you take dmg whether you parry or not. You should be encouraged NOT to let people full charge their swings by pressuring them. Like I said, with the combat somewhat aligned with what is happening on the screen (now more than ever), why the fuck don't they fix this archaic parry shite?

I won't post here anymore cuz you guys are havin' a leet player discussion and all but haha. CMONSON.

strycio

Apr 1, 2021
I won't post here anymore cuz you guys are havin' a leet player discussion and all but haha. CMONSON.

Praise the lord, or lawd, as spamdash would say.

I wish you all the best getting your copy refunded :)!

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Good way of saying "No, I didnt play during the start of MO2 so cant really give my opinion on it".
As said Patwins a US player was among the top 5 fighters all through ping normalizations and combat speed decrease phases.
Maybe your memory is getting blurry. Nobody was beating TyGuy consistently back then. If he was cheating or not, nobody knows for sure. But thats the truth.

Not saying PatWins was bad or anything, he was certainly top 5 and one of the first to nail all of the animation glitching. And he might be NA but he was East Coast NA with probably about 100-120 ping, thats still a pretty competitive ping. Anything more and the game starts to really break.
And yes not even Tyguy could parry all hits back then, why should any player be able to parry every incoming hit from the fastest weapons around ?
Im not talking about misparrying, nobody is perfect. But having your block up in time and still getting hit through. Like this

You gonna tell me an Aussie player could be competitive back then?
No Just no, I lived next to the server and could perfect block anyone with fast paced MO1 combat. Later when parries came, I could 100% parry every hit from a single target that is.
There was no way to get through a block magically. You hit their back on your screen but through the block on theirs. Thats the beauty of a prediction system messing with reality and resulting in the lower ping players screen dictating the outcome.
You didnt fought anyone with shitty connections or lag switchers then. In fact, the first iteration of ping normalization was made specifically to combat insta swing from lag, where the higher your ping was, the slower you swing your weapon.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
What's parry? All I know is "Queue Position..."

I actually thought I would wait out the queue a bit today cuz I logged in at like 2000 position (thinking that was close to logging in.) LOL is all I can say. A couple hours and it's like hehhhhhhhhh.

Praise the lord, or lawd, as spamdash would say.

I wish you all the best getting your copy refunded :)!

I'm sorry if I offended your main or your guild leader or whatever, but this is starting to poke at my heart. Like whyyyy... how have I upset someone so much, who I don't even know? Crazy. I think if we keep up our discourse, we can some day settle our differences!

Please excuse my off topic post about this dood.

• Love
Reactions: strycio

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
nah you weren’t.
At times I was beating Pat pretty regularly. He couldn’t touch Tyguy. At least not on a consistent basis like Pedro said
Sounds like bad player mentality right here...
Yes he could touch Ty, yes Pat could smash you. No you arent all that, I beat many of your differing names back then aswell. Star Wars themes dont make you an untouchable you know.
Besides Ty beating anyone back then is no surprise due to his cheating, but a UK player who according to MO2 fanbois couldnt parry UK players due to the games ping based systems, yet Patwins an American could beat a parry whoring cheating Tyguy from the UK with light speed ping. Hmm something stinks here and it sure as hell aint me.

Fanbois man, make drama out of everything! Just like females...

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Sounds like bad player mentality right here...
Yes he could touch Ty, yes Pat could smash you. No you arent all that, I beat many of your differing names back then aswell. Star Wars themes dont make you an untouchable you know.
Besides Ty beating anyone back then is no surprise due to his cheating, but a UK player who according to MO2 fanbois couldnt parry UK players due to the games ping based systems, yet Patwins an American could beat a parry whoring cheating Tyguy from the UK with light speed ping. Hmm something stinks here and it sure as hell aint me.

Fanbois man, make drama out of everything! Just like females...
Lmao what, whos making drama other than you.

Why don't you ask Pat yourself where him and I were at.

Jesus Pat fanboys

heres one for you trash can

Funny you accuse me of making drama and fanboying when that's exactly what you did in your post.

I've literally never been able to say anything to you on these forums without you throwing a hissy fit lmao.

I'm literally not even saying i'm better than Pat.

I'm sorry that it hurt your feelings that Pat wasn't able to beat Tyguy regularly and its just a simple fact. I'll forward it to your therapist and let your Dad Finnley know.

@PatWins

Last edited: