Myrland instances go against core game design

Jan 28, 2022
This is so funny to me. When people were crying about not being able to play, these HC OneWorld fanbois were saying "This is what you paid for, you played for a long time - no refunds". And now basically the same people are asking for a refund because there will be another game server. You people are beyond special. Having one server is not a "core game feature". It's a deluded dream that can most likely never happen, because it's technically impossible without a massive server budget. Having several servers or shards, will not change the game. It will only mean more people will play it. Core game will stay the same.

This one wold principle only appeals to a persons subconscious need to feel unique and special. It's not a real game world affecting factor. It's an illusion. It's the people that make or break a server, create the community, create the history and all the stories. Several servers can blossom simultaneously.

Last edited:

Vagabond80

Jan 31, 2022
Dear lord the whining.

this was ALWAYS going to happen. It’s part of MO1 is going to be part of MO2. It’s not breaking the core idea of the game.

there were always going to be other continents. They have names already because they existed in MO1. They are not ready to add to MO2 yet. So instead they are copying our mainland in their place.The only question is how will we get there? Will it be the same travel points as MO1 or will they add some cheesy quick travel statues in towns. Personally I hope they stick with the travel points like the old UO system. Again, this is nothing new and you should have known it was coming. Only difference is the map being used

David

Jan 16, 2022
Do we know if those different myrland instances will share the same marketplace?

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
I don't see how this goes against mortal's core design. pretend that the new continent has a morphology similar to myrland and that in the future it will magically turn into sarducaa. jokes aside, they have no alternative

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Dear lord the whining.

this was ALWAYS going to happen. It’s part of MO1 is going to be part of MO2. It’s not breaking the core idea of the game.

there were always going to be other continents. They have names already because they existed in MO1. They are not ready to add to MO2 yet. So instead they are copying our mainland in their place.The only question is how will we get there? Will it be the same travel points as MO1 or will they add some cheesy quick travel statues in towns. Personally I hope they stick with the travel points like the old UO system. Again, this is nothing new and you should have known it was coming. Only difference is the map being used

The continent point is irrelevant. 2k people playing on Myrland and another 2k people playing on whatever other continent gets eventually added still means two incredibly empty worlds and massive queues for anyone trying to get into whichever continent is at cap.

Pepecovfefe

Jan 5, 2022
I don't see how this goes against mortal's core design. pretend that the new continent has a morphology similar to myrland and that in the future it will magically turn into sarducaa. jokes aside, they have no alternative

The hardcore Mortal Online fanbois will adamantly disagree, they would say stuff like the fast travel and in game maps would be against core game design vision blah blah blah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It´s a solution born out of desperation. This happened quiet a lot and will continue until Henrik cans the incompetent parts of his team.

That's part of being a CEO, as I have repeated, you face a situation that is impossible, you laid out your plans beforehand, and then you reach the point where you start to see your plans are not going to work out. The only problem with this solution is that they are going to 'fake' it until they make new continents, which will almost invariably be less interesting than Myrland, and thus Myrland will still be the main continent with people locked out of it. No matter how many continents they have, if one remains inaccessible, the design is flawed. I posted this on steam, but I believe pairing w/ NORMAL SERVERS Myr1-Sard1-Nord1 whatever, and it has its own character and bank. Myr2-sard2, etc, has a new character. Do this until the hard cap is not reached, or if it is reached, v rarely with minimal... I mean like hours at max (with 100% entry rate at the end), queue time.

Fuck the core design, is how I feel... After seeing what happened when trying desperately to adhere to it, I can only imagine what happens when MORE people come into the games (because shards will allow more people lol) AND they want to fit these people back into various continents. Yea, I live in Nord but I've never been to Myr because IT'S A 20 HOUR QUEUE. GG. That's not good content, either, and in no way realistic, let alone balanced or fun. Three things that you could make arguments for, in the absence of the other two (that is, you can say it's not realistic or fun, but it's balanced... etc.)

The one world thing was a tiny game. Somehow, this ain't a tiny game. People can still play every server if they want AND have multiple characters, which everyone has asked for, trying new builds etc, but without negating the necessity of social interaction. It seems like a win win. As for whether I think this will happen... haha, probably not, NOT AT FIRST. I think they need to fail their other attempt before they even consider it, but if I were Henrik, I would start working on separating Myrland shards so they can be their own thing (as I said, I have a feeling the reason you can't build on them will be tied to the fact that it might interfere with main instance, like it was w/ sard/Myr in places.) Then go from there. If there are 3 servers Myr-1-sard1-(w/e1), 2, 3... what is the problem? Especially if all of these things are filled to near capacity, the queue is small, if at all, and there is much less lag. It seems like it makes the most sense given what is happening...

However, I don't doubt that they are going to try to iron over the Myrland shards with rushed continents and end up back in a similar mess. I'd prefer NOT. Maybe I should do another poll!

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I love sv and mo, with all hard times and problems mistakes and f ups

but i’m afraid it will b not temporary
They never tell how many weeks or months they need, so if we buY it now we will take it as Norma in future

i would just wait another month without mo but keep playing with 1 server

1 month means nothing

and if they really want to, in 1 month they could find a solution

build new lands or do something with Myrland..

Reactions: LuceInGame

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If the game grows it's going to be impossible to return to one server, if one server can have 3k players, one year from now 4/5 continents are going to be needed... It's over, too late to experience the real game, this always happens when a product gets commercial for the mainstream audience.

BTW, i have always had a very negative impression of nazori, if it wasn't for a streamer this would have not happened... Such a disgust
This is just speculation, unless you know information from SV first hand u can't be sure how the servers operate and if its hardware/coding - infrastructure possible thing to do (adding capacity). I honestly doubt they can but only time can tell. Forums filled with people speculating with the small things they know, we can intuit the outcome but can't be sure. Giving SV once again the benefit of the doubt, will they pull a swedish miracle? Or not really.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
They never tell how many weeks or months they need

Because they don't know. They don't know how to make it happen the way the want and thus they can't know how long it will take.

I see that time and time again at my work. People are expecting ETAs for things I've never ever done before or issues I don't yet know the solution to. How is this supposed to work?

Reactions: Senusret

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
Because they don't know. They don't know how to make it happen the way the want and thus they can't know how long it will take.

I see that time and time again at my work. People are expecting ETAs for things I've never ever done before or issues I don't yet know the solution to. How is this supposed to work?
It’s not first case in universe

they contacted pro about that problem, so somehow pro could Know how many days they need people/hours etc

I don’t see why they couldn’t prognoses

nobody asks for 100% day, hour and minute

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
nobody asks for 100% day, hour and minute

I see you've never been in the Discord. People were already angry when one of the patches didn't arrive a day later despite devs saying it will roughly 1-2 days (Heck, some idiots were outright DEMANDING a patch that day. Like, guys, that is not how this works). And I've already seen a few people complaining that the Myrland instance patch isn't there yet.

And from my own work experience I know that ETAs are a bitch when it comes to actual work, not just appointments. Estimate too little and the customer will be angry that it wasn't punctual. Estimate too much and the customer will be annoyed that it takes so long. And on top it puts strain on you because you know you have to be finished by day X, thus you might not do it properly just to save time or you might take time that was meant for other projects which then leads to these projects having not enough time left.

I hate ETAs that don't give you a buffer of at least a week.

Last edited:

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I see you've never been in the Discord. People were already angry when one of the patches didn't arrive a day later despite devs saying it will roughly 1-2 days. And I've already seen a few people complaining that the Myrland instance patch isn't there yet.
Ok, mate

You pick only that part to answer
Ppl angry all the time about everything, you can’t be a good boy for everyone

so what I want to say - it would b good if sv will share more info with us coz now we almost have no info but everyone have thoughts

would b good if they tell us - we will fix it in 2-3-5 month

because word “future” means nothing
We didn’t get many things in mo1 because of the “future”

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
People who argue against this decision blow my mind. There are literally 4000+ people in queue and you guys are worried that they may be able to play the game and get resources without you having the option to kill them. Who cares? We will eventually all be put on the same world. Its a temporary solution.

Or yeah, lets make them sit in queue for 24+ hours. Or open another server completely that will die off in a couple months. Great idea /s

Henrik literally doesn't have a choice. He had to do this. Don't be mad at the decision of another instance, be mad that they told us it could hold way more players than it actually could.

Sgr

Feb 2, 2022
I see you've never been in the Discord. People were already angry when one of the patches didn't arrive a day later despite devs saying it will roughly 1-2 days (Heck, some idiots were outright DEMANDING a patch that day. Like, guys, that is not how this works). And I've already seen a few people complaining that the Myrland instance patch isn't there yet.

And from my own work experience I know that ETAs are a bitch when it comes to actual work, not just appointments. Estimate too little and the customer will be angry that it wasn't punctual. Estimate too much and the customer will be annoyed that it takes so long. And on top it puts strain on you because you know you have to be finished by day X, thus you might not do it properly just to save time or you might take time that was meant for other projects which then leads to these projects having not enough time left.

I hate ETAs that don't give you a buffer of at least a week.
Ok

you edit now

so in you own work you don’t tell to your client any info when your job will b done?

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
if it were to be permanent then yes it goes against core game design
but as a temporary measure it's little different to how Haven works really, for now anyway..

if it is intended to allow permanent player progression and game experience while the issues are resolved then it seems like there's little other alternative

i'm not sure any permanent player created buildings is wise until it's all resolved, anyone outside the main instance that want's to build will have a massive FOMO but i'm guessing it's a bit late for that

being a vagrant I'm not missing out :)

Reactions: Arfy and Ulysses

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dunno, man, when you weigh that they sold way more than they thought they would (a good problem to have tbh), and you take... one hand... I can't play the game... other hand... I can play the game. It's kind of like hmm... but as for refunds, I dunno if people are being sarcastic, but I do think SV should refund people who don't wanna be in on it. Especially if they got 100k people waiting :eek:

I'm still pursuing my refund :D

Edit: and before you say "I thought u sed u was in," I am in if they do what they have to (which will be multiple servers unfort,) because I NEVER WANT TO HAVE TO DEAL WITH THIS GRIEF AGAIN. If they do temp shards and try to remerge, I can almost promise you it's going to be the same or worse.

Kbear

May 28, 2020
The announcement stunned me too as it was not what I expected. It does appear there are software design limitations which constrain the number of people in any one instance to a figure which is well below the customer base. The temporary action suggested will help people to not be stuck in queues for hours but I too expect to be on the same instance in Mryland as everyone else. A common world for all is what we want.

In the short term SV needs to expand on their plans and communicate a new roadmap. Timing and details of what is planned will really help the community. I would prefer banks and marketplaces are common to all Mryland instances. Details needed here on what the plans propose. If buildings are limited to one instance than it will be far the most popular. Communication is essential here as SV are in damage control.

Reactions: Vagrant and Sgr

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
if you don't intend on playing and just want a refund i get it, but such is the world of somewhat speculative mmo pre-sales, i paid so long ago now that if i'm not being charged a monthly subscription fee while this is being sorted out then i'm ok with waiting to see how it goes,
it's not 'Chronicles of Elyria' bad 🤪

If buildings are limited to one instance than it will be far the most popular. Communication is essential here as SV are in damage control.

though even in the short term, one 'main instance' being an advantage for a lucky few to build in to then continue in persistence sounds like a bad idea at this stage, if it has to be that way for newcomers to get a taste of the real game that perhaps the bandaid should be ripped off and all instances the same until it's sorted.

Reactions: Bladeer01