Myrland instances go against core game design

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I dueled a lot of these people early on in the alpha. I also at one point could take duels off TyGuy but then couldn't - like NEVER. There was an obvious switch. But we've since learned what it was, and what it still is.

I've dueled Teknique. He's much better in MO2 then in MO1 but so is everyone. I feel like the biggest thing he had going for him was his internet. He's very inconsistent, I think he even mentioned he played on wifi. Feel free to confirm that if this is true @Teknique But I would say in my time dueling him it was 40% to him 60% to me, if I simply was patient I could always guarantee a win but sometimes I'd just get bored with how wonky it was and just spam out of being bored.

PatWins was the exact same way except to an extreme. My duels with him would last ages. My most recent duels with him however I've definitely caught up and can beat him convincingly most of the time. He still sometimes just whips my ass.

The only other two notable players I've dueled that I've been actually wow'd by is Smasher and Pfftzz. Smasher didn't really play during the alpha all that much but when the beta kicked in he played a lot more. I have to play very sweaty against him to have any chance. As for Pfftzz, he is almost impossible to beat.

Sneeze is surprisingly much much better at MO2 then most players.

I've also dueled Furry. But what can you expect from a teen who sunk an ungodly amount of time into the first game as well as other melee games and has tons of free time. The ping obviously helps there too.

I preferred the pace of the alpha combat. We just wanted the horrible turn cap gone along with some other optimizations to it all.

The ping normalization among other things have turn a game of skill into a game of manipulate your animations so the other player legitimately can't discern what you're doing. It doesn't help that EU get an easy pass card and are given the biggest window of time to react to anything.

Davros

Jan 26, 2022
Yes. They also know it is. This is a temp solution while they fix issues. There is absolutely nothing wrong with adjusting your plan when reality hits you like a truck

They did the right thing and put in a stop gap measure to let people play now while working towards their goal.

Although it took longer than I liked, I applaud them for not being obstinate about adjusting things to get more people into the game.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I dueled a lot of these people early on in the alpha. I also at one point could take duels off TyGuy but then couldn't - like NEVER. There was an obvious switch. But we've since learned what it was, and what it still is.

I've dueled Teknique. He's much better in MO2 then in MO1 but so is everyone. I feel like the biggest thing he had going for him was his internet. He's very inconsistent, I think he even mentioned he played on wifi. Feel free to confirm that if this is true @Teknique But I would say in my time dueling him it was 40% to him 60% to me, if I simply was patient I could always guarantee a win but sometimes I'd just get bored with how wonky it was and just spam out of being bored.

PatWins was the exact same way except to an extreme. My duels with him would last ages. My most recent duels with him however I've definitely caught up and can beat him convincingly most of the time. He still sometimes just whips my ass.

The only other two notable players I've dueled that I've been actually wow'd by is Smasher and Pfftzz. Smasher didn't really play during the alpha all that much but when the beta kicked in he played a lot more. I have to play very sweaty against him to have any chance. As for Pfftzz, he is almost impossible to beat.

I've also dueled Furry. But what can you expect from a teen who sunk an ungodly amount of time into the first game as well as other melee games and has tons of free time. The ping obviously helps there too.

I preferred the pace of the alpha combat. We just wanted the horrible turn cap gone along with some other optimizations to it all.

The ping normalization among other things have turn a game of skill into a game of manipulate your animations so the other player legitimately can't discern what you're doing. It doesn't help that EU get an easy pass card and are given the biggest window of time to react to anything.
At the time that I dueled you my ping went from 80 to 150 that plus the Wi-Fi I think I was effectively an Aussie.

early alpha I had 80 ping.
Using exit lag the routing brings me back to 80 and I was immediately able to take duels off of arslan and dudz and the better players in my guild when previously I would get flawlessed. I’m also direct plug in now.

it’s really the difference between hit and try to get a parreset landing or not. Also you just straight up get hit through blocks on bad connection.

I would say the results of duels to determine skill level is pretty invalid since I’ve played on so many latency configurations that it’s undeniable how much it effects game play.

Id say duels are 50% skill right now.

one thing People say is my connection helped me somehow. It definitely did not. Direct plug in plus exit lag is by far the best configuration. My animations look wonky because I’m fucking dope thwts It

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Last part of your post is spot on. Game was fine didn’t need to change a billion different things all at once.

that’s exactly how NOT to do testing scientific or otherwise. You want to change one variable at a time otherwise your results are completely meaningless in terms of actually explaining what’s going on.

Reactions: [CTX] Contractor

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Last part of your post is spot on. Game was fine didn’t need to change a billion different things all at once.

that’s exactly how NOT to do testing scientific or otherwise. You want to change one variable at a time otherwise your results are completely meaningless in terms of actually explaining what’s going on.
Exactly, you need to just do one change at a time to see what changes. Its just common sense. Doing a whole bunch of random changes just defeats any data you are getting back.

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
This could have all been avoided if they added a server in the US and a server in Asia like so many have requested over the past 2 years...

But no, and here we are...

Meltdown

Jul 20, 2020
Yup cause thats why we have games with photo realistic graphics all around....

SV should hire you to fix their game, sounds like you know exactly everything about this!

And you know absolutely nothing about how multiplayer games work, so keep your opinion on these matters to yourself.

druez

Jan 9, 2022
All this is fine and all, but I'm loving the game. It is only going to get better and better. Future looks bright.

Kryshael

Jan 26, 2022
If this is true, this goes against the "core" game design I keep hearing from henrick and the community. The whole appeal of mortal online 2 is the one world one server design. I mean if that's going to be done... Why not add a third person option for selfies at this point?

Few things I'm curious about...

If they do indeed add myrland instances.. How will it be managed? Will it be like havens where we can go to different instances at will? My thing that worries me is if a fight is going on and the losing party decides to instance to another world.
WTF man??! Peeps like you bitch and whine because they can't get past the queue and play; THEN they implement a temporary fix so you CAN play....and you still bitch...rofl....go back to WoW.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
WTF man??! Peeps like you bitch and whine because they can't get past the queue and play; THEN they implement a temporary fix so you CAN play....and you still bitch...rofl....go back to WoW.

People who say go back to WoW are usually not people who should be trying to contribute to a community. Your mindset isn't good for anyone.

Reactions: Najwalaylah