Why we don´t need a flagging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
LOL they solved the issue.... the issue was there was no guards where the players were being camped. They made a new flag system and haven and solved it with flags and guards.

You may be the first person I've encountered that believes SV solved the issues with flags and guards and haven. Thank you.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Mob justice is injust. No crime is necessary for mob justice. 1day in Bakti the mob just decided that the penalty for being a character from a dwarf race warranted death. People I had dueled around with the day before killed me as I was fighting on their side against an outside group while yelling kill all dwarves etc. It is lunacy to state that the community will police themselves.
honestly this story just sounds like good gameplay to me.

Zeerey

Nov 28, 2020
Na, I think those things are very much in there.

What would be a worthwhil experiment in your opinion? Or have you just given up?

A worthwhile experiment or test whatever you want to call it would be how about you take the initiative and show that your idea is better than a flagging system make one of the lawless towns into a city that is more safe than any city that has guards and flagging if you can do that or get enough people behind the idea then maybe it has merit but saying based off a test that has no persistent element in the game is not a good place to test your ideas, if you can do that and show in 2 months or so that your idea works the developers may give your idea merit. I'm all for seeing you attempt this hell start a forum post and build the idea up for new players to help you implement this in a lawless region.

Good luck, I look forward to checking it out.

• Haha
Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
what would also be cool would be a flagging system, but no guards. And you can give murdercounts, and it goes to the city reputation board. Which could lead to bounty hunting n such.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
I wonder what will happen if full loot is added, material scarcity introduced, but they lag on implementing guards and flags.

Reactions: Vagrant

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
honestly this story just sounds like good gameplay to me.
Until you are the one who is turned upon and can't play a game you pay for. I don't think that you have ever played without a safe zone either, so you are talking about what you do not have experience of.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Until you are the one who is turned upon and can't play a game you pay for. I don't think that you have ever played without a safe zone either, so you are talking about what you do not have experience of.
bitch I sat at the mohki red bank alchemy table for years, getting griefed and my shit stolen all the time. You weren't forced to quit the game either, you dont have to spawn there. Theres tons of priests. Getting griefed right now in this state of the game is a you problem.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Magos may never know the pain of the betrayal you suffered. I hear dwarves are often oppressed. Perhaps we do need guards to keep them safe from others.
what would also be cool would be a flagging system, but no guards. And you can give murdercounts, and it goes to the city reputation board. Which could lead to bounty hunting n such.
Something players could turn on in their region, similar to blacklist but without all the funky murdercount guard kos stuff. As long as it isn't used to exploit player justice but enhance it, yeah.

Reactions: Magos

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
bitch I sat at the mohki red bank alchemy table for years, getting griefed and my shit stolen all the time. You weren't forced to quit the game either, you dont have to spawn there. Theres tons of priests. Getting griefed right now in this state of the game is a you problem.
Yeah, a few steps from guards. Bet you had a guard call macro.

Sure, right now you can just go to another town. Everything is free and easy as many have pointed out. Living out of a town after persistence is another story.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Yeah, a few steps from guards. Bet you had a guard call macro.

Sure, right now you can just go to another town. Everything is free and easy as many have pointed out. Living out of a town after persistence is another story.
nope none in the area that's why it was called a red bank. Besides I played in plenty of guardless, war deck, player town, griefing situations to know what to expect so point your lack of experience jabs elsewhere please, and thank you.

My opinion thus far is it COULD be good with no guards.

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Join, comply, cooperate, fight, or leave. It's that simple.
Players should enforce rules and justice in their region.

#Zexit

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
nope none in the area that's why it was called a red bank. Besides I played in plenty of guardless, war deck, player town, griefing situations to know what to expect so point your lack of experience jabs elsewhere please, and thank you.

My opinion thus far is it COULD be good with no guards.
All of these situations had safe options. You could walk to guards or inside walls to afk for a minute. With a war dec you could easily drop tag if it got too hard. None of these are like living in GK.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
All of these situations had safe options. You could walk to guards or inside walls to afk for a minute. With a war dec you could easily drop tag if it got too hard. None of these are like living in GK.
So you got a lot of experience living in GK? And you liked it? But you don't think that experience would work for others? Cause ur a special snowflake?

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
I wonder what will happen if full loot is added, material scarcity introduced, but they lag on implementing guards and flags.
It sure would be an excellent opportunity to test the theory and try it this way to start with - at the start it's an opportunity to have it a bit like early days before law and order returns to Nave since it's apparently been a few hundred years since whatever happened to 'Ye Olde Nave' at this point.
Maybe add the reputation system before any guards and flagging at least.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
Ah, the endless battle between:

1. the gankers, who want total freedom to harass anyone anywhere they want,

2. the immersion and world that MO seeks to create

3. the reality that all the pressures that keep a man from randomly shooting someone on the street in real life do not translate to casual gameplay.

And people will endlessly struggle between these realities.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I think a flagging system is needed, not only for the lore based cities(Tindrem) and other major cities - But for guilds to have some form of control over their lands too(when TC finally comes in MO2). It's also apart of the games roots, dating back to when MO was a concept based on Henriks experiences with Ultima Online, which had a very similar flagging system, but a far more finer tuned system.

MO1's flagging system was far from perfect, but was needed, just needed better implementation. I personally think flagging should only be within the boundaries of a city or an empires borders(territory), and in the "wilderness" everyone is neutral flagged, unless that land is within a guilds territory and they have something set, like X Guild/person = Bad = grey/red in my territory. With a single character(or two depending on how many accounts you'll have), it'll be harder to maintain a good standing within MO2.

My only gripe with the flagging system in MO1 was the lack of logic behind it, and how people could just willingly give out a murder counts in the middle of nowhere, even though the combat was mutual and both sides agreed to cross weapons. Also, the whole aspect of Guards chasing you miles out of a cities boundaries was a bit of a joke at times, them MO1 Meduli guards would chase to Sardoodoo bridge.

The only reason people aren't being pricks right now for the most part, is because there's nothing in the game to gain right now, it's pretty bare bones in terms of content and playability. I also heard people were getting banned for interrupting/griefing group fights, testing systems etc ? So that probably plays into a part of the whole not wanting to commit to being a dong aspect, right now lol

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Did some forced team fights at Bakti.
Since then I'm frequently getting killed at the priest or while crafting by one dude.
Never killed anyone crafting or respawning myself.
But lesson learned. Honor does not pay of. I need to start griefing that dude.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Ah, the endless battle between:

1. the gankers, who want total freedom to harass anyone anywhere they want,

2. the immersion and world that MO seeks to create

3. the reality that all the pressures that keep a man from randomly shooting someone on the street in real life do not translate to casual gameplay.

And people will endlessly struggle between these realities.

I am sure number 2 is just a smoke screen for number 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.