Why we don´t need a flagging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
i can see the bad influx the new loud inexperienced players have...sad... forum is a mess just saying.
bakti is free4all deatchmatch server not more. what you guys like is the fact that you can fight every time without losing gear and have people around you can speak to. removing NPC cities is not a solution but a step backward to TC only where every small guild is in his own micro cosmos.
We will see if they move to Kran when guards and flagging are put into the game. I doubt it.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Humans operate on incentive.

Currently there is little if any incentive in killing another player. Once persistence hits and materials/weapons/armor and freely available and we start dropping all our loot, players will have every incentive to kill each other.

Recall red towns in MO1 were mostly ghost towns outside of people looking for fights.
This

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Bakti is not a deathmatch, far from it. Changing the facts to suit your narrative is dishonest.
why is it far from deathmatch? you join, have endless loot you can choose and you respawn 10 meters away.
bakti is boring you fight for nothing.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
Have you ever played on a deathmatch server? I mean do you know what that means? Cause I get the feeling you don´t.
for me its like in counterstrike depending on the deathmatch mode: join, you can kill everyone, you respawn with full gear as soon as you die on a closed map. so you get what i mean with deatchmatch.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
for me its like in counterstrike depending on the deathmatch mode: join, you can kill everyone, you respawn with full gear as soon as you die on a closed map. so you get what i mean with deatchmatch.

So, on what counter strike server everybody bands together to kill just you? On which server will you be prevented to spawn if you act a certain way?

I think you are ignoring the facts to suit your comparison. I´ve played plenty of death matches and Bakti is nothing like that.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
So, on what counter strike server everybody bands together to kill just you? On which server will you be prevented to spawn if you act a certain way?

I think you are ignoring the facts to suit your comparison. I´ve played plenty of death matches and Bakti is nothing like that.
ok bakti is no deathmatch... 🙃

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
That is my point and why I made this thread. According to everyones logic it should, it is not.

People have been peddling all kinds of theoriesabout how terrible a player run justice system would be. The reality is different. That´s what this experiment shows.
It doesn't though at all, extrapolating the results to the live game would not be valid, because the variables in the live game are different.

Do you have unlimited material vendors on the live game? No? Therefore not valid.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
That is my point and why I made this thread. According to everyones logic it should, it is not.

People have been peddling all kinds of theoriesabout how terrible a player run justice system would be. The reality is different. That´s what this experiment shows.
ok and this is the point: the experiment is invalid.

Zeerey

Nov 28, 2020
This is the dumbest forum post I have seen in here yet, let's just think about MO1 steam launch for q brief second, guess what there were guards then and guess what all the new players were still priest camped for what reason? It wasn't their gear and it wasn't cause they were acting out of the social norms it was the simple fact that they were new that is why they were camped.

I can't believe any of you think no guards or flagging is even remotely a good idea if this game want to keep new players they need to protect them until they are ready to go off on their own and those of you who think guards are not needed feel free to start in a lawless town other than that the flagging system needs to be well thought out and polished so its not abused like it was in MO1

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
This is the dumbest forum post I have seen in here yet, let's just think about MO1 steam launch for q brief second, guess what there were guards then and guess what all the new players were still priest camped for what reason? It wasn't their gear and it wasn't cause they were acting out of the social norms it was the simple fact that they were new that is why they were camped.

I can't believe any of you think no guards or flagging is even remotely a good idea if this game want to keep new players they need to protect them until they are ready to go off on their own and those of you who think guards are not needed feel free to start in a lawless town other than that the flagging system needs to be well thought out and polished so its not abused like it was in MO1
i can tell you what they want deep in them. they want to control the new people.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020

there is haven island coming soon

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
It doesn't though at all, extrapolating the results to the live game would not be valid, because the variables in the live game are different.

Do you have unlimited material vendors on the live game? No? Therefore not valid.

Of course it is different, any experiment is different from the real world. Just because the bakteria I´m growing usually don´t get a high-dose glucose solution to grow on, does not mean that they wouldn´t be sustainable in the wild.

I don´t think human behaviour will drastically change with or without a flagging system and more material incentives. There is plenty of ganking and murdering going on right now. Material incentives work both ways.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
there are other ways to bring players into NPC cities without guards such as;
-buffs from music and food/drinks in the Inn and other players
-lore quests
-unbreakable banks
-town crier NPC
-unique town vendors

Zeerey

Nov 28, 2020
there is haven island coming soon

Oh so let's just cram all the new players or players who want a safe place to craft stay on haven so they never affect the "PLAYER" economy or let's let them come to the unsafe unguarded cities so they can go to craft anything gather anything and be murdered so their loot can affect the economy that would be amazing for the economy not so amazing for the player base

Have any of you actually played a full loot sandbox mmo before? Mo1 players blueblocked or killed before guards game to simply kill new players, Darkfall red players would kill others while the towers shot them and blue player healed them, Shadowbane people would just fly over walls and kill anyone and everyone.

Every full loot sandbox mmo has toxic players or just player who want your loot and they will stop at nothing to get it.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Oh so let's just cram all the new players or players who want a safe place to craft stay on haven so they never affect the "PLAYER" economy or let's let them come to the unsafe unguarded cities so they can go to craft anything gather anything and be murdered so their loot can affect the economy that would be amazing for the economy not so amazing for the player base

Have any of you actually played a full loot sandbox mmo before? Mo1 players blueblocked or killed before guards game to simply kill new players, Darkfall red players would kill others while the towers shot them and blue player healed them, Shadowbane people would just fly over walls and kill anyone and everyone.

Every full loot sandbox mmo has toxic players or just player who want your loot and they will stop at nothing to get it.
ya I played em all my fav one was Asheron's Call and it had no flagging system.
The community learned to police itself from the beginning. I think its very possible a few of the cities would have enough of a player policed environment and could be really fun gameplay.

Zeerey

Nov 28, 2020
ya I played em all my fav one was Asheron's Call and it had no flagging system.
The community learned to police itself from the beginning. I think its very possible a few of the cities would have enough of a player policed environment and could be really fun gameplay.

Yeah and what if a strong guild takes over the city and bars all other players from the city? There's too many ways to exploit or ruin the game for the miniscule population it has sure police the lawless cities do what you want its not like every city is heavily guarded and there is actually a very good reason those cities are guarded because players aren't in control of it the npc factions are so instead of saying we don't need flagging or guards why don't you just take the initiative and make a city all people can use and police safety there or police a lawless city?

Status
Not open for further replies.