Why we don´t need a flagging system

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I always thought guards should go in pairs; one that would chase out, and one that would stay tethered, to avoid baiting guards out of town leaving it unprotected.

• Haha
Reactions: Svaar and Teknique

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
a beautful fantasy, as likely to happen now as it did(n't) happen in MO1, sorry.

an ugly reality, as likely to happen now as it did in MO1, sorry.

chuckle, did you manage to hold a straight face as you said that? :rolleyes:

I can't tell if you're deluded or bullshitting. Do you really think anti-PK guilds are gonna just magically form 24-hour noob watches and then maintain them for X *years*? Then why don't we have that in MO1 right now? And even if you could sell that fantasy, how the heck would noobs from Haven even know which towns happen to have this fantasy 24-coverage? Help chat?

Everything you say is belied by the ugly reality that actually happened in MO1; your ideas can be summed up in two words: wishful thinking. And that's if I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt.

iirc, Henrik said there'd be guards and some kind of reputation system. Kinda makes this thread moot, unless you wanna talk about what kind of reputation system would be a good 2.0 to the MO1 flagging system. Unless this thread goes that more productive way, I think I'm with with Magos on being done with this thread. Peace.
How about Live updated crime reports in each city. Covers the city and a little surrounding area. Haven gets them all in real time, each city gets them updated in accordance with distance from each other.
Could be tied into a town crier NPC. Or the Most Wanted board.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
How about Live updated crime reports in each city. Covers the city and a little surrounding area. Haven gets them all in real time, each city gets them updated in accordance with distance from each other.
Could be tied into a town crier NPC. Or the Most Wanted board.
That sounds like a bit of RP on a reputation system, and I believe a rep system is what Henrik said is coming in.

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
That sounds like a bit of RP on a reputation system, and I believe a rep system is what Henrik said is coming in.
Ya the flagging is half way in and I already have concerns. You get hit then die in a certain amount of time and can assign a murder count. So we will have people jumping fights, running in naked, to abuse the murder count system, again. People will be turning red defending themselves or just fighting back against rival clans. Random Blues jump them everywhere, once guards are in you get kicked out of town for basically doing nothing. If you tried hard to stay blue you were burning MC's for 8 hours a pop. A lot of ppl gave up trying to stay blue on their pvp chars and instead killed even more due to embracing being red. You could almost say the game worked in the opposite direction of it's intended goal with the flagging system.
In this game, we have 1 char, so these flagging concerns are really compounded because when you get unfair MC's assigned to you in this game, and get kicked out of a city unjustly, you don't have alternate chars to hop on.
The guards break the flagging system and the flagging system breaks the guards.

Reactions: Godkin Veratas

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
How about guards *ignore* fighting, unless someone dies, then they kill the killer, and they get murdercount if victim wants.

I like the idea mainly because guards attacking as soon an attack occurs, isn't going to solve the "noob swings at skelly in GY, asshole jumps in front of swing, noob dies to guard" thing. (blueblocking) Even if they still try blueblocking by lowering their hp to one hit from death, they'd have to risk NPC's nailing them, and they'd have to get pretty low hp to allow a single hit kill from a noob weapon.

I'm hoping the one char thing, with no disposable f2p chars, will also help this work better than before.

Reactions: Magos

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
Ya the flagging is half way in and I already have concerns. You get hit then die in a certain amount of time and can assign a murder count. So we will have people jumping fights, running in naked, to abuse the murder count system, again. People will be turning red defending themselves or just fighting back against rival clans. Random Blues jump them everywhere, once guards are in you get kicked out of town for basically doing nothing. If you tried hard to stay blue you were burning MC's for 8 hours a pop. A lot of ppl gave up trying to stay blue on their pvp chars and instead killed even more due to embracing being red. You could almost say the game worked in the opposite direction of it's intended goal with the flagging system.
In this game, we have 1 char, so these flagging concerns are really compounded because when you get unfair MC's assigned to you in this game, and get kicked out of a city unjustly, you don't have alternate chars to hop on.
The guards break the flagging system and the flagging system breaks the guards.

Yeah. That's unfortunate.

If you want to kill as much as you like and still craft with the protection of the guards, buy multiple accounts.

SV gets more money from fewer and fewer players as people realize what a crap system it is and how it works against safety and justice. I feel like I have seen this before.

Reactions: Magos

Godkin Veratas

Jul 3, 2020
After seeing and hearing about the new system, I have to say, I'm impressed. It's more complex and layered than I expected from SV. A very good sign. It mitigates many of the issues of the former system, and doesn't impede much on player justice. There's more to learn, wardecs, thieving, looting, are some pain points to watch, but it's far from horrible.

Reactions: Vagrant

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
HORDE clan prefers a hardcore PVP game with no safezones.
Hopefully this time around we do get no safezones. Based on how many children theres playing im sure their cries will influence the amount of safe zones we do get though...

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Hopefully this time around we do get no safezones. Based on how many children theres playing im sure their cries will influence the amount of safe zones we do get though...
This mentality completely discounts any accounting for new players whatsoever. Luckily few people agree with this, because without the new players you call "children", MO2 will suffer the same fate as MO1. Towns are going to have guards, Henrik himself said so; why are you still whining about this?

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This mentality completely discounts any accounting for new players whatsoever. Luckily few people agree with this, because without the new players you call "children", MO2 will suffer the same fate as MO1. Towns are going to have guards, Henrik himself said so; why are you still whining about this?
Noobs are noobs and children are children. What I mean with children is players who rather whine to get their way, like so many MO players do. Look at MO, ruined by crying children...

Haven is the new player spot. One giant safe zone. Once you arrive in Myrland, no safe zones should exist, guarded towns sure, but no safe zones or personal guardzones, no p2w guard aquisition and no one way walled in areas with kill boxes n shit.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Noobs are noobs and children are children. What I mean with children is players who rather whine to get their way, like so many MO players do. Look at MO, ruined by crying children...

Haven is the new player spot. One giant safe zone. Once you arrive in Myrland, no safe zones should exist, guarded towns sure, but no safe zones or personal guardzones, no p2w guard aquisition and no one way walled in areas with kill boxes n shit.
OK, perhaps I misunderstood you, whiny children did ruin MO, and I thought you mean no guard towns, when you said no safezones.
Yea, outside of guard towns, it should just be a free-for-all =)

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
OK, perhaps I misunderstood you, whiny children did ruin MO, and I thought you mean no guard towns, when you said no safezones.
Yea, outside of guard towns, it should just be a free-for-all =)
Yes guarded zones are that to me guarded. Safe zones are player made guardzones like in MO with huge walls to protect your zone along with guards.

A red group can still assault a guarded town and slaughter the populace. You cant against a keep without siege equips since TS patch. Pre that you could sneak in and jump out.

Piet

May 28, 2020
The only thing adding a guard zone will do is give RPK's a target zone to camp. It teaches players this is where you are safe, out here is where you get murdered. The ARPK's couldn't protect the innocents in their areas with this system before I don't expect them to this time. It will chip away at the population again.
But if they forced us to band together to defend the cities, then I think the ARPK's would heavily outnumber the RPK's. Players would inflict greater consequences to clans raiding a town in MO2 than they did camping a guard zone in MO1. The whole community in the area would be effected by a town raid, not just the poor guy that got ganked on the guard zone.

I've said my peace several times over, nice discussion guys, thanks for keeping it civil. SV will do what they will do regardless, as always.
That's just plain not true. The population was chipped away in non guard zones. You're making crap up.

Reactions: Ministro

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
That's just plain not true. The population was chipped away in non guard zones. You're making crap up.
If you read some of Magos' other posts, he has some very um, "creative" arguments how the anti-PK'ers are going to magically take care of everything 24x7, and guards don't need to exist anywhere; the noobs will just be fine with no guards. I've said it before, he's either delusional, or just bullshitting. I gave him the benefit of the doubt before, but at this point, I just think he believes himself to be a better bullshitter than he actually is.

Reactions: Piet
Status
Not open for further replies.