No 3rd person confirmed

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
I wouldn’t go as far as saying a different camera angle is a core game element, more like a feature. Mordhau’s is mainly about playing in first person but third is a nice feature added
Then you have not played nearly enough to see why it matters, and why removing it would be a huge detriment. Adding 3rd person would split the playerbase just as much, if not more, than not doing so. If you did a poll on how many would drop the game if they added 3rd person I think you would be surprised.

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
Let me start by saying that I respect Henrik’s decision to keep the game as immersive as possible, to make your character feel like it’s you playing it. Understanding that fighting a bear in first person is a lot different than fighting it in first.

The concerns I have is that this game is already in a niche group of people that want to play a hard core full loot pvp game which puts it in a iffy situation in terms of money along with many others that have done this. To add that it’s only first person puts it even further into the niche. My pvp coalition for Life is Feudal was interested in this game but immediately fell short from no 3rd person view. My group that plays 100v100 battles in full loot pvp melee combat doesn’t want to play this game, not a single one because of no 3rd person. We all enjoy Life is Feudal, Atlas, Last Oasis and a couple other full loot games but my guild all said they can’t play first person. Your splitting what niche group you have in half currently.

As it stands the 110 FOV just isn’t enough for melee combat, I can’t even keep an archer in view as he’s dancing around my FOV since I can’t even see my shoulders or what’s next to my shoulders. Even Henrik on stream couldn’t keep an archer in view cause it was dancing around his FOV and he was swinging randomly sometimes.

A nice compromise could be to make a 3rd person that is extremely close to your character, can either place the camera on either the right or left shoulder and let the player choose which side, maybe place the camera almost on the top of the head of the character, something close so you cant see people behind walls and such which is what most people are concerned about.

All in all I love the game but I wouldn’t pay for it without 3rd person, if it was F2P then I would play it without 3rd but orherwise I wouldn’t. Maybe I can find a way to mod it for triple monitors to see a good 270degrees and ruin Henriks immersion 😂
The immersion that give 1st person view is inconparable
Let me start by saying that I respect Henrik’s decision to keep the game as immersive as possible, to make your character feel like it’s you playing it. Understanding that fighting a bear in first person is a lot different than fighting it in first.

The concerns I have is that this game is already in a niche group of people that want to play a hard core full loot pvp game which puts it in a iffy situation in terms of money along with many others that have done this. To add that it’s only first person puts it even further into the niche. My pvp coalition for Life is Feudal was interested in this game but immediately fell short from no 3rd person view. My group that plays 100v100 battles in full loot pvp melee combat doesn’t want to play this game, not a single one because of no 3rd person. We all enjoy Life is Feudal, Atlas, Last Oasis and a couple other full loot games but my guild all said they can’t play first person. Your splitting what niche group you have in half currently.

As it stands the 110 FOV just isn’t enough for melee combat, I can’t even keep an archer in view as he’s dancing around my FOV since I can’t even see my shoulders or what’s next to my shoulders. Even Henrik on stream couldn’t keep an archer in view cause it was dancing around his FOV and he was swinging randomly sometimes.

A nice compromise could be to make a 3rd person that is extremely close to your character, can either place the camera on either the right or left shoulder and let the player choose which side, maybe place the camera almost on the top of the head of the character, something close so you cant see people behind walls and such which is what most people are concerned about.

All in all I love the game but I wouldn’t pay for it without 3rd person, if it was F2P then I would play it without 3rd but orherwise I wouldn’t. Maybe I can find a way to mod it for triple monitors to see a good 270degrees and ruin Henriks immersion 😂
Try a dungeun or a PVp battle in 1st person view the immersion you feel is incomparable.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Heck, logging in for the first time as the first person back on combat beta island in MO, I had honestly never felt so immersed before.
Also anything but first person view would also completely destroy many other aspects of the game. You don't just add visual changes in a game willy-nilly. Vision is a huge component on tactics, how would thievery or other types of sneaking up to someone even work when they can just look around themselves and see people around them on all sides to a degree. 3rd person would be too big an advantage in combat or general awareness and would basically force everyone who can into third person. Those things just can't be optional in these kind of games, they affect way too many aspects.

The first sentences of the Mortal Online introductions say in "bold" letters:

What is Mortal online 2
splitter_01

Mortal Online 2 is a next generation first-person MMORPG in a fantasy setting.

Why would you join a game that is from the core first-person only and request this to change?

So if that's something that means you won't stick around then all we can say is "Goodbye", this won't change.
This is not to be mean, this is just what it is.

Last edited:

Magos

Nov 26, 2020

arrows are hard to land,
First person is all you get, you will love it in time!

Magos

Nov 26, 2020
Right, If he does stick around then he will probably find himself defending it himself in the future.
I was the same exact way in 2009, wrote the same post pretty much lol. After playing it you just learn to love it.

First person view is not something I remember hearing as a complaint why ppl quit. I mean you will prob quit, but it won't be cause of the first person view :)

KnightNi

Nov 29, 2020
I’ll only stick around if triple monitors are supported or someone is able to mess with the code to remove the fov limit cap to let triple monitors be a thing. The tunnel vision in this game is to much when someone is dancing around you trying to abuse the limited fov and makes me ill spinning around. Only FP games I play are shooters and I don’t have to spin around like this even if someone is trying to melee me.

• Angry
Reactions: Zbuciorn

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I’ll only stick around if triple monitors are supported or someone is able to mess with the code to remove the fov limit cap to let triple monitors be a thing. The tunnel vision in this game is to much when someone is dancing around you trying to abuse the limited fov and makes me ill spinning around. Only FP games I play are shooters and I don’t have to spin around like this even if someone is trying to melee me.
K leave please.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I’m not saying I’m an expert 🤷🏻‍♂️ But seeing how they sent out over 40k keys and over 20k activated their keys but we never hit 5k players playing on the one server there is at one time says a lot.
The main mistake is that they did not announce the stress test but simply put a counter on the main page of the site. If they would announce a massive stress test with a clear position of what they want to test (besides just populating the server with people), for example, we want to arrange the most massive battle on the test in such a city. And if they would send the keys to people in advance (several days in advance) so that they could download the game client and install it in advance (and not 2 hours before the start of the stress test), then I think there would be much more people. But to be honest, I thought it would be much worse. Those server side of the game turned out to be stable. It remains to polish the network code and the game code in general.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow

We all played in LIF and LO and Mordhau. The third-person view does not give such immersion into the game, but gives a number of advantages (look behind the wall, behind the tree, outside the door, etc.). I also heard the argument from my people "I want to run around the world and enjoy the sight of my character, what kind of armor he has, what kind of cloak he has, and so on", not a problem =) press TAB and look at yourself. In the meantime, people play out the dead projects LIF, LO and the Mordhau arena, SV will finish their game and you will enter this project with a probability of 80 percent because at the moment there is no game worth paying attention to. When I was just testing LO, the others were playing LIF, they told me the same thing "how you can play this LO" but at the start I went to the discords of different guilds and told what kind of game it was. As a result, a lot of people from the LIF community went there. I'm more than sure that the same will happen with the Mortal situation. First, they will speak fuuu, then as content arrives, interest will appear, and then people will be drawn into the project.

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Comeing from the people crying that they will leave this game they worship as god if a single thing changes? Please leave

Are you talking about yourself?

Try to get 3rd person view in real life working! This will happen more likely!

It's like an e-car is announced and now - after years of developement - someone wants it to get a hybrid...