No 3rd person confirmed

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
Mortal Online was my safe space away from "Those people", if they manage to infiltrate MO2 then I feel a crusade is in order.
Same here, but i fear despite MO2 being niche game with non-mainstream features, there will always be some stupid game-hopper streamer that will bring in many imitating-monkey kiddos ...

Sharpen your weapons, brothers! we'll gotta hold tight against the imminent plague.
Kiss your wives, pat you childs, defend your land.

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020
Ok, so no 3rd person. Got it!

But what about adding bird's-eye perspective view in addition with a none-loot-system and an overworld map, from where you travel to small instanced battlescenes, like Shroud of the Avatar did?

:poop:

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Citation needed

Citation needed

I've been playing the Combat Alpha actively around 8hrs per day since the start. I know whats sup. 50-80 online daily is very generous of me if you look at some cities.
Look at Mortal Online 1 and why it couldn't deliver at first person. Some people have headaches due to all of it and that's no joke, I've got a few people stating the same stuff, lets say its too hardcore for em and a mix with third person could open up to much more people. Done.
There are ways to do it in a way that you cannot exploit it like in Darkfall Online.

So yea they gotta choose, make it more accessible and fun for new and more people ? Or make it grow into a more niche nature with lesser influx ?

Well its up to SV to decide, I am not bothered either way. I do care about the future of this game as this game I will be playing for some years.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I've been playing the Combat Alpha actively around 8hrs per day since the start. I know whats sup. 50-80 online daily is very generous of me if you look at some cities.
Look at Mortal Online 1 and why it couldn't deliver at first person. Some people have headaches due to all of it and that's no joke, I've got a few people stating the same stuff, lets say its too hardcore for em and a mix with third person could open up to much more people. Done.
There are ways to do it in a way that you cannot exploit it like in Darkfall Online.

So yea they gotta choose, make it more accessible and fun for new and more people ? Or make it grow into a more niche nature with lesser influx ?

Well its up to SV to decide, I am not bothered either way. I do care about the future of this game as this game I will be playing for some years.
And adding raids and tab target would make it more accesible to way more people as well. This game is unlike any other, there are tons of 3rd person games already, if they get sick from FPS they can play those, but leave MO like it is. I personally would stop playing if it ever became 3rd person, and wont mind if the game doesnt have WoW numbers either. This game works perfectly fine and theres plenty pvp with like 1k concurrent users anyways.

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
And adding raids and tab target would make it more accesible to way more people as well. This game is unlike any other, there are tons of 3rd person games already, if they get sick from FPS they can play those, but leave MO like it is. I personally would stop playing if it ever became 3rd person, and wont mind if the game doesnt have WoW numbers either. This game works perfectly fine and theres plenty pvp with like 1k concurrent users anyways.

Tab targeting would destroy the whole purpose of true actual combat Skill. This game doesn't need to become WoW to become good and successful, you're missing my points buddy. READ EXPLICITELY AGAIN WHAT I WROTE.
This ain't MO buddy this is MO2 ! So get that through your skull.
MO1 was a failure and there are good reasons why we are here trying to give feedback or ideas, that might be crap or good, whatever it could help the game.

Bring in here something that is constructive and helps the community besides saying that it is Unique and should stay so. You have added nothing to the table. You said 3rd person would make you stop, means you wouldn't care about MO2 anyway don't you at that point.
How about saying that the Unique points is its downfall if not treated rightfully to suit the purposes of the community yet it could become its Uprise.
Like I said this game could become the best MMORPG if its treating all of those things. Not just one thing. A perfect game is through balance and currently this game is only PvP oriented, means not a lot of food for us hungry Wolves out there.

Means at some point the Wolves will be starving and become too restless to stay and move on and disappear and thus die.

This game works perfectly fine and theres plenty pvp with like 1k concurrent users anyways.

What ? Where you have you been buddy I am sure you ain't even in the game yet LOL

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Tab targeting would destroy the whole purpose of true actual combat Skill. This game doesn't need to become WoW to become good and successful, you're missing my points buddy. READ EXPLICITELY AGAIN WHAT I WROTE.
This ain't MO buddy this is MO2 ! So get that through your skull.
MO1 was a failure and there are good reasons why we are here trying to give feedback or ideas, that might be crap or good, whatever it could help the game.

Bring in here something that is constructive and helps the community besides saying that it is Unique and should stay so. You have added nothing to the table. You said 3rd person would make you stop, means you wouldn't care about MO2 anyway don't you at that point.
How about saying that the Unique points is its downfall if not treated rightfully to suit the purposes of the community yet it could become its Uprise.
Like I said this game could become the best MMORPG if its treating all of those things. Not just one thing. A perfect game is through balance and currently this game is only PvP oriented, means not a lot of food for us hungry Wolves out there.

Means at some point the Wolves will be starving and become too restless to stay and move on and disappear and thus die.

What ? Where you have you been buddy I am sure you ain't even in the game yet LOL
Theres no point giving any constructive suggestions on this subject, Henrik already stated they will not change from Fpov. MO1 was a failure for alot of reasons but Fpov was not one of them. If you start stripping core features like fpov, skill based combat, full loot, etc. you'll just end up with a generic wow clone mmorpg and theres already tons of those and done by bigger studios, this game will never compete it with them so it must stay niche. And yeah if this game doesnt have the features Im looking for I wouldnt play it, its a game not a cult.

Reactions: Vagrant and Ask

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
The fact the pair of you consider MO1 a failure is beyond reason despite the fact you are making good points. How can a game that has lasted 10 years and has accumulated enough revenue to make a second title be considered a failure. It had its problems yes, but the game I played for nearly a solid 7 years was not a failure.

Reactions: Vagrant

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
View attachment 533

I dont think they will change this.

Thread ended(IMO). This argument was beat to death almost a decade and a half ago.
Its non-negotiable, it strives directly against the original vision of mo1 AND the planned vision of Mo2. It goes against decades' worth of design decisions and how the entirety of both the games were made for the only gain of making the games less than what they are.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vagrant

agui

May 31, 2020
Increasing fov maybe. But you cant have third person in mortal it would break the gameplay. You aren’t supposed to have the situational awareness that it would give you. You’re friends who play with you are the ones who can give you a third person perspective by telling you if someone is still behind you chasing you, etc. Also, i can track targets zipping through enemy/friendly lines and still hit them. It just takes time and practice to be used to it.

I think increase fov would be nice , cause ppl try to get wider vieq by defining screen resolution, and some laptops cant have that.

To the person who wrote the first post:

Sugesting third person to mortal online is an heresy ... i cant even read the rest cause ofc came from a player that didnt play enough the game (mo1) and dont know nothing about it... so go play your pop games with third person view and dont came here destroy my baby

a.out

May 28, 2020
Tunnel vision is a handicap in combat
So you argue that 3rd person doesn't change any gameplay elements, and then you say it changes gameplay elements like combat.

You just keep hitting yourself in the face. Why would you do that ?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
So you argue that 3rd person doesn't change any gameplay elements, and then you say it changes gameplay elements like combat.

You just keep hitting yourself in the face. Why would you do that ?
You are expecting people beating a near 15 year old dead argument to have any sort of intelligence or argumentation skills.