Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I listed them, none hold up:
1.) doesn't ruin immersion, b/c yer not forced to use it
2.)Doesn't change anything core or not, it's an addition, not a replacement
3.) don't even remember the third tbh, and getting tired of this thread

I understand, I just don't agree.
Dumb,

If you want an out of body experience there's substances for that.

but yeah seeing out of your eyes and not out of a floating invisible camera above your back is how this game plays.

You have a few options and none of them involve you playing this game from a third person perspective. End of discussion.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Yes, to everyone, because it's not an advantage you are supposed to have.
TBH I want peripheral vision, not behind the back vision.

Let's say I'm not married to the idea of 3rd person, and came to you and asked you, what would *you* do to give something resembling the 180-190 degree peripheral vision most people have, and let's assume directional audio was handling the behind the back stuff, as it does in real life. What solution would you suggest? I don't wanna argue, or just be some reductionist smartass like Teknique tends to be. I'd honestly love a better solution to a more realistic peripheral vision scenario, what would you do?

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Well, nobody is forcing you to argue against the games number one core feature.

Give it up Necro, it's not the number one core feature, first person on MO release simply referred to not being an isometric game dude. And that was a decade ago, bro-him.

• Angry
Reactions: a.out

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Increase your FoV. Even if MO2 is currently capped to 110°. Problem is 180° FoV is pretty bad on a flat screen. I wonder if they'll ever implement proper VR support. I have a 180° 4K VR HMD lying around.

Give it up Necro, it's not the number one core feature, first person on MO release simply referred to not being an isometric game dude. And that was a decade ago, bro-him.
Well, it literally is and it's still such in MO2. It hardly has anything to do with non-isometric.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
forcing first person *deprives* a clear awareness advantage, not gives.

If MO2 wasn't designed to attract new players, they would have just upgraded MO1, it's a new version of the same engine, and some new graphics.

Almost every single person I have talked to, to get them to come play this game declined because of *exactly* this.
Maybe its not the game for you or them. You can go play Last Oasis if you want a 3rd person slasher so much.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Maybe its not the game for you or them. You can go play Last Oasis if you want a 3rd person slasher so much.

Personally I prefer 1st person, but it would be nice to not have MO2 be as empty, and dead as MO1.
I'd love some better peripheral vision tho. Seeing my own back isn't my cup o' tea.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Personally I prefer 1st person, but it would be nice to not have MO2 be as empty, and dead as MO1.
Quit trying to scare the devs.

There are so many differences between MO 1 and 2, engine, graphics, experience from running the first game, leveling system, racial balance, game mechanics, and thats just to name a few.

Yet you come and try to bully the devs with fear mongering.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
TBH I want peripheral vision, not behind the back vision.

Let's say I'm not married to the idea of 3rd person, and came to you and asked you, what would *you* do to give something resembling the 180-190 degree peripheral vision most people have, and let's assume directional audio was handling the behind the back stuff, as it does in real life. What solution would you suggest? I don't wanna argue, or just be some reductionist smartass like Teknique tends to be. I'd honestly love a better solution to a more realistic peripheral vision scenario, what would you do?

I know you've probably repeated yourself a million times, but what is the primary reason you want peripheral vision?

The purpose of peripheral vision in animals is primary to detect motion (since you can't see details clearly in peripheral vision anyway). I could envision a system that creates a subtle blur or indicator at the edge of your screen if there is motion there. Would probably be a pain in the ass to implement, but the closest you could get.

The only other thing I could see is if they legit support super ultrawide display resolutions (do they? I have an ultrawide, but not with me so haven't tested). If so, just get yourself this monitor, sit close to it and be happy:

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I know you've probably repeated yourself a million times, but what is the primary reason you want peripheral vision?
Survival and immersion mostly.
Tunnel vision is a handicap in combat, because in this game, what don't see coming *is* trying to kill you. Someone can come up and be winding up a headshot standing right next to you, and you haven't the faintest idea anyone is even there. Not very realistic to not even be aware of someone standing right next to you, especially one swinging a huge sword at you. Just something to emulate how wide your visual range is as a warning system. And it feels less immersive, like walking around with blinders on. Even a blur on the edge of the screen to emulate a " saw something out of the corner of your eye" sort of thing would work for me.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I LOVE the force first-person aspect of this game. In every single player game where first person is well integrated, I play in first-person perspective because that's the way I enjoy playing games. In every competitive multiplayer game, the first thing I do is zoom my camera out as far as it will possibly go because that's what is required to do be fully competitive.

Mortal Online is going for max immersion but it's also a highly competitive PvP game. Enabling third-person is basically forcing everyone who plays to run it or get dumped on all day.

It would be a major middle finger to this game's target audience to allow that.

MyrmexThraxvágr

May 28, 2020
France
discord.gg
Let's see.

What made the Elder Scrolls so successfull was their way of immersing yourself in a beautiful world with deadly creatures, Story, RPG and Consequences. May it be in third or in first person.

Does this sound similar to something ?

We know Mortal Online 2 is right now the most hardcore pvp MMORPG due to its first person immersion and full loot. Yet it has an as much beautiful world if not more than the Elder Scrolls.

Right now MO2 is very empty and at daily peak days reaches perhaps around 50-80 players. We the players are making up for that by making content and activity daily. Some functions might be missing but the fundamental stuff is integrated already to make this game work.
It is worrying to see so much less influx in this game already. I believe due to more pve content, AI and guilds the game will bloom more and certainly on steam release will grab a lot of new players but will they stay ?
This is a big nut to crack, the receipt for success of this game ain't just that easy to cook. Certainly more so with the way that this game wants to shine in its uniqueness but forgets about common functions that could lift the game up even more due to its hardcore element and first person.

As I have said it many times already, this game has potential but right now on this path it will stay a niche game with not a lot of revenue and player influx.

Why am I using Elder Scrolls as reference?

Back in 2010 Elder Scrolls was the most sold singleplayer rpg game ever in history of gaming. If you look at how similar Mortal Online and the Elder Scrolls is, will you find out the only big difference is the MMO part and its nature to stay in first person.

Why do I mention this ?

The sheer room of potential that emits of Mortal Online 2 is incredible, it could serve as the mmo game that the Elder Scrolls always wanted. The mmo game that lots of fantasy medieval realistic fanatics such as me always wanted. If only they could add true Viking helmets hehe. The MMORPG Game in its genre, the King of MMORPGs.

Yet right now the crown is far away and on a long and heavy path for it to be taken. Balance is key. Find ways to attract the sheep for us wolves to eat. PvE content must be very good in order for it to survive and last long.

Right ! Third person ? I would be interested to see, but I have grown used to the first person, as I am a person that is capable of adapting of course. Most players don't want to change their whole gameplay but allow just a tiny fraction of it, to be rewarded. It will be very hard to attract that kind of public into first person only.
I think there are much more important matters to attend to in order for this game to become successfull and that is pve content, of course third person would open up a barriere to so much more people yet if they don't stay due to pve or pvp content what use has it. The world is beautiful sure, you can walk around and stare at it for days and never get bored. Yet the fundamental stuff has to work.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Why don't they just add loot boxes, micro transactions and a cosmetic shop where you can give your character cat ears and a tail while their at it.

*Sarcasm!*
I mean they gotta cater to what "the people" want right?! :p

Reactions: Ask