Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
It’s like nobody has google or the internetz. Has no one heard of MO1? This is playing out EXACTLY like that did. Shouldn’t be a surprise, they are porting over that broken content, and slapping it onto store bought assets.

It just boggles my mind. Do you think because they added a 2 the team all of a sudden learned to make a good game.

Literally exactly what I was saying before this game even went into Beta. Hate to be the guy who said "I told ya so", but.. well... I did.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
BS. They sold 110k copies at launch. Steam takes a cut but thats a whole lot more than 650k.
Nope it is what they made during jan-march according to the Q1-report.
Think hes talking about net profit.

Jatix is talking about gross revenue. Which would be the 110k x 35$ usd or w.e it is figure.

Basically after salaries, development cost, cocaine, UE store assets. They were left with a 650k surplus.

Edit:

looking at their financial statements

"all numbers in thousands" What isn't clear is what the currency is. Since it doesn't specify sek i'm assuming its in USD.

If its in usd

they made 6.5 million approx is revenue

and 600k approx in income

to the best of my understanding. I'm not an accountant.

1657322436871.png

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
And honestly most people wont come back for TC. When you quit a game like MO because its bad, you don't just come back most of the time. Theres so many more issues than the lack of TC. Most people leave this game wit ha bitter taste in their mouth, with the plans of never coming back.
According to Henrique everyone comes back to mortal, maybe It's one of the brightest things he said. They come back just to quit it again.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
(In response to the OP post)
Not sure that an open letter is necessary. In fact the ceo constantly saying, in his stream, that mistakes were made, etc..
Would an official letter really apply balm on your wounds ?

With all respect, I don't know if you work in the videogame industry but that's not really how a relation between a company
and clients/investors works in a traditional ways and I'm sure SV had plenty of closed doors meetings whit a lot a people regarding the investments and production state already.
I mean, you could question every moves of the man but I assure you that a lot of people here could not do better choices in the real context. (not that I really defend Henrik, but the decision chain is so more complex than people think before being involved into it).

One of the first step to get production to move forward and heal would probably for Henrik to choose between the role he wants to assume in is own company.
As far as I know, I've rarely see an happy ending, in any company that i worked or from close colleagues, for a CEO, to assumed his own position in addition to the role of a game designer and of a creative director as well.
It cloud judgment on the creative direction, lead to poor design decisions because you can't oversee everything, especially in an mmorpg, and foremost, it lead to burnout and conflict of interests inside the company.
I imagine working with him as a game designer. It's probably very hard to have of his time to simply discuss some problematics or ideas as he's probably constantly overwhelm with different things outside of the development.

For your other suggestions;
I mean, put devs on mobile games, really ?!
It's a complete other kind of production and workflow and it demands different skillsets from employee.

It's like when people ask for the vr version of the game. People have absolutely no clues of the different and daring kind of theory and constrains of game design and development in vr.

But yeah they should take time with their products.

That and obviously a better QA pipeline.
(I suck at English and Maybe I'm wrong)

Henrik says a lot of things, Not the first time hes claimed he was sorry he made mistakes and then continued to double down on the mistakes he said he sorry he made.

Learn what PR is. He can say something and then do no actions to rectify those mistakes.

Henrik sayings hes sorry has never been followed up by actions to correct those mistakes.

Most of the time its just him sorry that people hate him or are upset, not that hes actually sorry he fucked over his customers or treated us poorly or is killing the game that we want to succeed.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Henrik says a lot of things, Not the first time hes claimed he was sorry he made mistakes and then continued to double down on the mistakes he said he sorry he made.

Learn what PR is. He can say something and then do no actions to rectify those mistakes.

Henrik sayings hes sorry has never been followed up by actions to correct those mistakes.

Most of the time its just him sorry that people hate him or are upset, not that hes actually sorry he fucked over his customers or treated us poorly or is killing the game that we want to succeed.
I think he just genuinely doesn't understand things. I don't see him as dishonest despite the fact that he lied to our faces about a wall of shame and then never added it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I think he just genuinely doesn't understand things. I don't see him as dishonest despite the fact that he lied to our faces about a wall of shame and then never added it.
If i were s CEO of a game company and i get flamed by the community like this I'd feel bad about it. Maybe thats the reason nobody reads the forum and they actual overmoderate discord, because they might actually ocationally see discord, but not forums.

I think how he dodges Is being dishonest, because they create spaces for feedback they don't aknowledge or monitor, dev agenda seems completly arbitrary and when he streams he wont talk about the development status. why does he even stream to say nothing about the game, answer moronic questions, comments and talk about UE5 and how it doesn't "disrupt" their development because they hired new people, when they should be dedicating full traction to core features.

This erratic behavior from the company Is dishonest, many lies and deceit just to fill noobs expectations, you can actually see genuine people talking about boats on helpchat and some koto tryhard rerolls pretending to be "noobs about to quit due to griefing".

It would be really naive to think Henrique is just clumsy lol.

Reactions: Teknique

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Think hes talking about net profit.

Jatix is talking about gross revenue. Which would be the 110k x 35$ usd or w.e it is figure.

Basically after salaries, development cost, cocaine, UE store assets. They were left with a 650k surplus.

Edit:

looking at their financial statements

"all numbers in thousands" What isn't clear is what the currency is. Since it doesn't specify sek i'm assuming its in USD.

If its in usd

they made 6.5 million approx is revenue

and 600k approx in income

to the best of my understanding. I'm not an accountant.

View attachment 4580
They are a swedish company, they use SEK.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Boats guys. Boats

Enjoy the necro patch. Play for 1~2 more months, then never play the game again. MO2 is going nowhere. The game will be completely dead two months after the necro patch and no one will return until TC, which by their current pace will be a year+ away. Henrik would rather employ his friends than to hire actual programmers and world builders.

FUCK lol.

That's my response. You're not wrong per se, but...

Giving up is never the answer. Giving up is something you do on other people lol SPEAKING OF NARCISSISM! Give up on people, their bullshit, their problems, their projects... but never give up on what you are working on! There is no giving up and then coming back IMO, once you give up, it's ova.

The sad part is not only do I feel uninvolved in MO's development cycle (not like I'm some dude who spent thousands of dollars on MO over the years like the people who are prol suggesting,) but I feel like all I can do is just hope things work out. lol. That's not a good place to be. If you're playing AAA OK, but indie na...

The roadmap has more placeholders than clade tree. "MORE STUFF," SECRETS.

You CAN control people's behavior w/ incentives. The sand box is supposed to do that. The one thing MO has going for it that other games don't is a huge open world and first person. When you compare that to other MMOs they are like lololol. BUT MO is trying its hardest to become a meme again. Why? roadmaps. People want necromancy. I bet necromancy brings back 100~ people MAX and if they stay, other people prol will leave.

I dunno why the fuck it's so hard to ADD STUFF TO THE WORLD. Jeff Dumpster talks about Junk Collectors, but yea there should be MAD STUFF to pick up. Was in spider cave and it's like ah a torch on the ground... - tries to pick up - :eek: IT'S A DISGRACE I TELLYA.

D

Deleted member 44

FUCK lol.

That's my response. You're not wrong per se, but...

Giving up is never the answer. Giving up is something you do on other people lol SPEAKING OF NARCISSISM! Give up on people, their bullshit, their problems, their projects... but never give up on what you are working on! There is no giving up and then coming back IMO, once you give up, it's ova.

The sad part is not only do I feel uninvolved in MO's development cycle (not like I'm some dude who spent thousands of dollars on MO over the years like the people who are prol suggesting,) but I feel like all I can do is just hope things work out. lol. That's not a good place to be. If you're playing AAA OK, but indie na...

The roadmap has more placeholders than clade tree. "MORE STUFF," SECRETS.

You CAN control people's behavior w/ incentives. The sand box is supposed to do that. The one thing MO has going for it that other games don't is a huge open world and first person. When you compare that to other MMOs they are like lololol. BUT MO is trying its hardest to become a meme again. Why? roadmaps. People want necromancy. I bet necromancy brings back 100~ people MAX and if they stay, other people prol will leave.

I dunno why the fuck it's so hard to ADD STUFF TO THE WORLD. Jeff Dumpster talks about Junk Collectors, but yea there should be MAD STUFF to pick up. Was in spider cave and it's like ah a torch on the ground... - tries to pick up - :eek: IT'S A DISGRACE I TELLYA.

Here is your throwable torch. Never implemented in the games history.

• Haha

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Literally exactly what I was saying before this game even went into Beta. Hate to be the guy who said "I told ya so", but.. well... I did.
Rubrik, dont have to be a genious to forsee MO2 was going to be garbage, we knew this when we we're laughing at starvault before they would announce its development. We made bug jokes about it and that ended up as reality.

I for example was watching Henrique stream a day prior to MO2 release when he was saying the game could handle 100k, and i thought, "this is going to be a shitshow" and like ptsd started remembering MO1 steam launch which was a shitshow, funny. MO2 launch was strangely similar to the previous one, it was a shitshow of broken promises poor development and the game went down ever since, very minor quality of life features came just to appease the people playing.

Now it's just another declining morpg.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Here is your throwable torch. Never implemented in the games history.

loool it's been years but you gotta give them credit for making the game look less janky. Who needs torches when you can drop like 20 campfires!

I'm just saying if a fucking lit torch is pixel'd on the ground, there's no fucking way I shouldn't be able to pick it up.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Rubrik, dont have to be a genious to forsee MO2 was going to be garbage, we knew this when we we're laughing at starvault before they would announce its development. We made bug jokes about it and that ended up as reality.

I for example was watching Henrique stream a day prior to MO2 release when he was saying the game could handle 100k, and i thought, "this is going to be a shitshow" and like ptsd started remembering MO1 steam launch which was a shitshow, funny. MO2 launch was strangely similar to the previous one, it was a shitshow of broken promises poor development and the game went down ever since, very minor quality of life features came just to appease the people playing.

Now it's just another declining morpg.
ACtually the game was almost good. There was just a couple malicious people that got their talons in Henrik early and fucked it up for everyone.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Just gotta trust me. He listened to some really dumb people who never even played MO or if they did they didn't understand it.
Ah yeah i guess, they allways had that thing that they would listen to simpletons lol.
In MO1 it was terrible hideous how they would balance shit for specific groups, such as sieging scraps nerf a day prior to ID keep siege.

But you can't really blame the idiots who thought to ask" gotta blame the idiots that made it.
I can tottally imagine some simpleton telling Henrique he needs to make a bounty system like SWG, everyone will love it, nothing can ho wrong jiji.

Also do u know whos supposed to be telling SV what's good for the game? By the looks of it i can imagine some "vet" from koto. The turns the game has been taking since launch regarding law and conflict is not something any idiot would come up with, it's something someone specially idiotic would come up with.

Last edited:
Reactions: Teknique

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Switching to another game as a focus to re-release this later. Nah. That would never work. If this game were still in it's infancy I'd say develop a smaller less ambitious non-MMO title that helps develop the mechanics you eventually want to see in your MMO and use that to raise money for the MMO. Given we already have an MMO, it's full stream ahead on that front or total defeat.

"We screwed up the launch and are going to redo it after we take the game back into development long enough to fix the biggest problems!" That's been done before. By multiple other MMOs. Including FF14 to great success. I think there are a lot more benefits than risks to SV taking that route right now.