Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
They haven't been dedicating time to fixing things for 6 months, they have been dealing with server optimisation and creating new content for the current roadmap about to end.

If the developers are allowed to focus completely on bug fixing and polish I have no doubt we will see great results in a short period of time.

That means the art team can focus on polishing things as well, working on the new points of interest and redoing some of the less aesthetically pleasing areas of Myrland, bringing everything up to a good standard.

This opportunity to go back and fix things is extremely rare in game development, as most companies get stuck thinking that if they don't always work on new content they'll die, but it's a trap because if you fix the game then more new players will stick around and there's hardly a shortage of people trying the game.

If the core game is fixed, they can then focus on adding new content without worrying about dedicating dev time each sprint to fixing annoying legacy bugs because there hopefully won't be any. That means more time to focus on making the current patch good, which means less bugs being introduced to the live game.

It's a win-win, except for the impatient people who would rather the game stay broken if it means they get their favourite content sooner.

It's the only choice for the game's health long term and I'm over the moon that they're actually doing it.
Optimizing a server for 6 months? A common complaint is none of this content fits together that they’re adding. On a stand alone they are bad and a larger integration even worse. These are on top of the terrible balancing decisions which I honestly doubt Jesus could fix at this point .

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
Every game has hackers and modders and cheats. In most games that doesnt matter, because it doesnt cost YOU anything if someone else cheats, maybe just a little time if they decide to fuck with you. But in this game, it can cost you everything. /

But that being said, cheaters dont even bother me. If I lose my loot to a cheating player,... I say "Damn, he only won because he was cheating." But when I lose my loot because the game optimization and coding is so shit, that when I log in my house doesnt even load in with my chest, or an enemy I cant see hits me through a wall, when the boss Im trying to kill teleports into the sky and flies around....

You get the picture. This is about Quality of Life to me. And its horrible in this game. People have to come up with creative solutions just to deal with the bugs.

Just. Like. MO1.

Reactions: Infamous

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
It's the same as it was in MO1: the loudest complainers are the ones who want to gank newbs without limits, and yet they complain at the same time about the population of the game without having any regard for what it takes to swell populations in the first place. They live in a bubble of tedious self greed.

Mortal Online isn't a First Person Swinger game, its an MMORPG. Deal with it.
Except that it isn’t an mmorpg because they removed all forms of progression, all the classes, and all the fun

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
Except that it isn’t an mmorpg because they removed all forms of progression, all the classes, and all the fun

You have to able to play a ROLE, in order to be considered a massively multiplayer online role playing game

Only role most of ya'll play is a lootbag.

• Haha
Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I look at ps2 and its current succes. Which was not because devs were taken from ps2 to make otger games for funding.

PS2 had a bad launch a small golden age then a horrible dark age that they escaped from when the publisher was no more. The publusher cept stealing ps2 devs for h1z1 and battle royals.

When PS2 devs were free to start listening to the community thats when the game grew and started doing so well.

Learn from this, stop blaming the players for the game failing and start listening to the feedback.

MO2s big issue is that they hate their playerbase and dont listen.

Reactions: Jatix

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
You have to able to play a ROLE, in order to be considered a massively multiplayer online role playing game

Only role most of ya'll play is a lootbag.

I agree MO2 is a MMO, but it's failing... I however don't think you only have to play a role cuz then anything can be role playing. Role playing implies some level of depth and difference-making and that's the thing. Just like... for the lootbag analogy, you are playing the role of lootbag, but everyone is 70 crafting meh armor that is saturated everywhere. Maybe they have a wep that you prol can't use. How did the lootbag happen, etc.

That's the role playing part it's multiple parts, it's action-->reaction-->(many reverbs), and it continues. Enough happened in MO during some of the early years that some guilds prol hate each other to this day lol. They might respect but they are like yugh. This is a competitive, supposedly MMO game like a sport... which is cool, and some people play it that way, also, surviving and such is another way to play. It's also competitive, but a bit diff.

People need to go out, especially because the word sandbox just opens up everything, or should, and be able to play almost any role they want to and succeed, provided they network right, do their skill right, and the pop is not COMPLETELY DEAD (not completely dead yet.)

So yea it's a MMO but it's lacking a lot atm. So many things that could be done like clade changes, making clade deeper, stuff to give you more customization. In sports games now you level up your dude, you dress your dude, you equip boosts and badges or cards or w/e... THAT is making a sports game like an MMO because you already were playing the role of an athlete, but now you have to long term progress and plan things a bit.

Reactions: Rogu3Fiv3

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
He means he has no experience with SV like we do, so he doesnt understand what he is talking about but thinks you would be an easy target to debate with.
I mean I fully now understand why SV deletes childish prattle. You want professionalism from SV but couldn't be bothered to act like it yourself.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
I look at ps2 and its current succes. Which was not because devs were taken from ps2 to make otger games for funding.

PS2 had a bad launch a small golden age then a horrible dark age that they escaped from when the publisher was no more. The publusher cept stealing ps2 devs for h1z1 and battle royals.

When PS2 devs were free to start listening to the community thats when the game grew and started doing so well.

Learn from this, stop blaming the players for the game failing and start listening to the feedback.

MO2s big issue is that they hate their playerbase and dont listen.

Get what you mean. But fact is that SV is a company with no title that brings in money to stand on.

Having a title in your repertoire to stand on is a very good thing to have and would benefit everyone since content mo2 could be developed without rushing it and would relief devs of a lot of stress. And the company would have the funds to take good decision without compromising for the development of mo2, something that hasnt been possible yet.

Reactions: Rogu3Fiv3

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
I agree MO2 is a MMO, but it's failing... I however don't think you only have to play a role cuz then anything can be role playing. Role playing implies some level of depth and difference-making and that's the thing. Just like... for the lootbag analogy, you are playing the role of lootbag, but everyone is 70 crafting meh armor that is saturated everywhere. Maybe they have a wep that you prol can't use. How did the lootbag happen, etc.

That's the role playing part it's multiple parts, it's action-->reaction-->(many reverbs), and it continues. Enough happened in MO during some of the early years that some guilds prol hate each other to this day lol. They might respect but they are like yugh. This is a competitive, supposedly MMO game like a sport... which is cool, and some people play it that way, also, surviving and such is another way to play. It's also competitive, but a bit diff.

People need to go out, especially because the word sandbox just opens up everything, or should, and be able to play almost any role they want to and succeed, provided they network right, do their skill right, and the pop is not COMPLETELY DEAD (not completely dead yet.)

So yea it's a MMO but it's lacking a lot atm. So many things that could be done like clade changes, making clade deeper, stuff to give you more customization. In sports games now you level up your dude, you dress your dude, you equip boosts and badges or cards or w/e... THAT is making a sports game like an MMO because you already were playing the role of an athlete, but now you have to long term progress and plan things a bit.

I know like quest npc's and stuff arent really a MO thing, but I honestly wouldnt mind seeing some NPC quest/action that was Lore based. Help add some depth.

Reactions: Daikos

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
I wont say he is right, but he isnt wrong either.

I know you are thinking because SV doesnt even come here to read feedback because they do not care...

But let me propose another idea?

What if they havent responded because they are TOO busy taking notes about what we discussed and creating plans for fixes?!?!?!

🍿

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Yucko

Jan 2, 2021
I know you are thinking because SV doesnt even come here to read feedback because they do not care...

But let me propose another idea?

What if they havent responded because they are TOO busy taking notes about what we discussed and creating plans for fixes?!?!?!

🍿

I have a clip from Henricks stream from 2 years ago saying siege was coming soon to beta.

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
I have a clip from Henricks stream from 2 years ago saying siege was coming soon to beta.

Yeah I remember alot of his promised. I also started 2 years ago in alpha. Boats. Remember the boats?

I did not know he meant horses.