Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Switching to another game as a focus to re-release this later. Nah. That would never work. If this game were still in it's infancy I'd say develop a smaller less ambitious non-MMO title that helps develop the mechanics you eventually want to see in your MMO and use that to raise money for the MMO. Given we already have an MMO, it's full stream ahead on that front or total defeat.

"We screwed up the launch and are going to redo it after we take the game back into development long enough to fix the biggest problems!" That's been done before. By multiple other MMOs. Including FF14 to great success. I think there are a lot more benefits than risks to SV taking that route right now.
Thats precisely why they said after necro are "polishing the game are working on epic games launch, trying to get some "Milestones" done like Henrique says.
But what good is a launch on another platform if the game is tied with duct tape lol.

Spent a lot of urgent time on making alt servers then it's just been massive gameplay nerfs, some quality of life features and bug fixes with absolutly shit placeholder content.

And they actually said they were sorry, Robmo posted about it. Saying something like they don't had QA and just hired someone and they were doing massive changes in the team to work more efficiently and shite like that.

The another thread saying cities are not supposed to be safe when they do what they do.

Idk the things they say don't have a correlation with the results. Henrique said they don't make placeholder content, whole pve in this game is placeholder.

Rhodri_Taliesin

May 29, 2020
Wandering the road
According to Henrique everyone comes back to mortal, maybe It's one of the brightest things he said. They come back just to quit it again.
Hell, if there's ever an exception to this rule, it's me. I ain't playing. Played the Open Beta for one session, put it down, never touched it again.

Only reason I'm on here with this account is to keep in touch with old friends and make sure some salty dogs ain't trying to fake my name to fuck with my reputation.

That said, yeah, sorry this game went into a dumpster fire for ya'll. I can't fault ya for wanting to believe and have hope, but the core issues that are inherent in Star Vault and it's dev cycles just are not resolved. The foundation of the game might be better since they aren't using the broken Atlas engine anymore, but there's still too many issues and not enough willingness to make the hard but correct choices to resolve those issues.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Hell, if there's ever an exception to this rule, it's me. I ain't playing. Played the Open Beta for one session, put it down, never touched it again.

Only reason I'm on here with this account is to keep in touch with old friends and make sure some salty dogs ain't trying to fake my name to fuck with my reputation.

That said, yeah, sorry this game went into a dumpster fire for ya'll. I can't fault ya for wanting to believe and have hope, but the core issues that are inherent in Star Vault and it's dev cycles just are not resolved. The foundation of the game might be better since they aren't using the broken Atlas engine anymore, but there's still too many issues and not enough willingness to make the hard but correct choices to resolve those issues.

It's funny cuz other than the problems that we kinda know come along w/ MO, there aren't that many mechanical issues holding the game back. It's just really balanced stupidly (1 char... basically, they reinvented the wheel sorta. Some parts make sense like riding secondary, some parts don't like.. 70 lore gear.) The lag can get really bad as we know, STILL with 600 people on. Mainly though, it's not the map, it's not the pop... it's just that the way things are now, it's hard for things to happen. Things need to happen for a game like this to be good. NOTHING HAS HAPPENED IN SIX MONTHS except maybe people RMTing their keeps haha.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
All SV needs to do is QA polish while finishing the core content of the game, then overhaul all of the mechanics/content surrounding PvP(flags/rep/outlaw areas) & how PvE figures into PvP & the game as a whole, withhold all of that non-QA overhaul content for one big 'expansion' drop, then sweeten the deal with TC/sieging, market it like crazy in tandem with the sub drop... And BOOM!

1B+ subscribers...

That's literally all big dog gotta do. : ))

• Haha
Reactions: Teknique and tal0s

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
All SV needs to do is QA polish while finishing the core content of the game, then overhaul all of the mechanics/content surrounding PvP(flags/rep/outlaw areas) & how PvE figures into PvP & the game as a whole, withhold all of that non-QA overhaul content for one big 'expansion' drop, then sweeten the deal with TC/sieging, market it like crazy in tandem with the sub drop... And BOOM!

1B+ subscribers...

That's literally all big dog gotta do. : ))

Just make it like it used to be. Keep the rep system because they think that is good content?? But whatever, run your parcels, do penance. With pvp, you are either under x MC (doesn't have to be 5) and you are red/open pvp or you are not. If you are red, you can't MC or cause rep loss. The main difference being you are RED and dudes can attack you and kill you. That's how MO1 except I believe it is a mistake to not let those people res or enter cities. I think that's a stupid punishment for pvp. Let the rep thing be what you gotta do, and yea add in more ways to get rep; it makes no sense that you can only gain rep by going to cities. You gotta do some wild stuff w/ red camps to get around that, I think. No one should be stuck negative, either. That's not sandbox!

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
Just make it like it used to be. Keep the rep system because they think that is good content?? But whatever, run your parcels, do penance. With pvp, you are either under x MC (doesn't have to be 5) and you are red/open pvp or you are not. If you are red, you can't MC or cause rep loss. The main difference being you are RED and dudes can attack you and kill you. That's how MO1 except I believe it is a mistake to not let those people res or enter cities. I think that's a stupid punishment for pvp. Let the rep thing be what you gotta do, and yea add in more ways to get rep; it makes no sense that you can only gain rep by going to cities. You gotta do some wild stuff w/ red camps to get around that, I think. No one should be stuck negative, either. That's not sandbox!
Yeah, the other, probably far easier solution, is to just drop rep altogether & move back to the MO1 flags.

I don't think rep can be reconciled with MO1 flags though, and if you are going to rework rep you might as well keep the current system.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, the other, probably far easier solution, is to just drop rep altogether & move back to the MO1 flags.

I don't think rep can be reconciled with MO1 flags though, and if you are going to rework rep you might as well keep the current system.

I don't agree. Keep the rep related to town and area close to around town, and have that be like the guards won't let you in if you get neg rep somehow, so that means you are actually reviled by their race lol. MC would just be determining whether or not you were always flagged for pvp and whether you were someone who can make another lose rep if they kill you.

The solution IMO is that simple. Red = PKer = open pvp will facilitate a lot of things. Even if that's not the truth, like I said, I wouldn't worry about going red if that was the rule. Obviously, no town attacks, but outside of GZ? GG. Guards aren't gonna care whether you kill people outside of their area. At least, they wouldn't in the MO world I imagine. Remember the things Tindremenes would say to you in the Tin? All of the Nobles. They were very nasty. Supposedly high soph made them nicer.

But yea MO is a cruel world w/ lots of fighting, guards are busy enough protecting their own city. They don't have time to worry about who is a murderer and who is not.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ah yeah i guess, they allways had that thing that they would listen to simpletons lol.
In MO1 it was terrible hideous how they would balance shit for specific groups, such as sieging scraps nerf a day prior to ID keep siege.

But you can't really blame the idiots who thought to ask" gotta blame the idiots that made it.
I can tottally imagine some simpleton telling Henrique he needs to make a bounty system like SWG, everyone will love it, nothing can ho wrong jiji.

Also do u know whos supposed to be telling SV what's good for the game? By the looks of it i can imagine some "vet" from koto. The turns the game has been taking since launch regarding law and conflict is not something any idiot would come up with, it's something someone specially idiotic would come up with.
yeah they listend to some noob who had two months and less then 100 hours in the game about unnerfing ghost scouting.

Spritism almost didnt have ghost scouting, they re-added it back because one noob who already quit the game not even a month into launch cried and cried for it.

Think how much better the game would be if spiritist could not ghost scout.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae