Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
I know you are thinking because SV doesnt even come here to read feedback because they do not care...

But let me propose another idea?

What if they havent responded because they are TOO busy taking notes about what we discussed and creating plans for fixes?!?!?!

🍿
It would be a dream come true lemme tall ya that.

Horniegoat

Feb 1, 2022
Hey Guys good news, Just 2 more weeks until the current thing is actualized! 2 more weeks! 2 more week until current thing!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
The problem is it's a vague and toxic shit post with no proof whatsoever.

If you are saying you send a video of a gold dupe to SV and they didn't fix it then I'd quit the game. If you don't have proof then for all you know it's already fixed.

Otherwise it just comes across as bored venting to the point of asking you where on the doll you were hurt.
Theres proof that has been submitted since beta, i know theres people selling duped gold right now. Not to mention all the websites selling books and gold for usd.

Or the fact they never addressed the cheat vulnerabilities with 3rd party pre-beta software.

That you don't know about it doesn't make it untrue.

Seriously doubt it would take SV 2-3 years to make a kitten'd mobile game for instance.

You know that mobile games is the most profitable games out there, easier to make than a mmorpg aswell.. compare that to trying to save a niche mmorpg that is the most expensive games to make and bring in the least money.

But yeah its upp to SV to decide but the odds is against them.

I doubt they have a funding problem in the first place, the fact they are working on UE5 instead of solidifying the structure of the game tells me It's a missmanagement issue, because of an scrambled agenda. Epic games prob doing some pressure on SV balls to keep up with an UE5 development so "mortal Is the first UE5 MMORPG".

Thats a smart move, to work with epic games and so all that engine marketing strategy but not because of that the game development should remain stagnant.

They can barely focus on one game and you pretend them to make several microshit games for cellphones to make money?
Big no lol sounds like the worst thing they could do.

Reactions: SeaShadow

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Theres proof that has been submitted since beta, i know theres people selling duped gold right now. Not to mention all the websites selling books and gold for usd.

Or the fact they never addressed the cheat vulnerabilities with 3rd party pre-beta software.

That you don't know about it doesn't make it untrue.

I doubt they have a funding problem in the first place, the fact they are working on UE5 instead of solidifying the structure of the game tells me It's a missmanagement issue, because of an scrambled agenda. Epic games prob doing some pressure on SV balls to keep up with an UE5 development so "mortal Is the first UE5 MMORPG".

Thats a smart move, to work with epic games and so all that engine marketing strategy but not because of that the game development should remain stagnant.

They can barely focus on one game and you pretend them to make several microshit games for cellphones to make money?
Big no lol sounds like the worst thing they could do.
Star Vault and Epic games dosent have that kind of relationship. They only got a grant, because they made something cool.
SV isnt under any pressure from Epic to rush to UE5

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022
(In response to the OP post)
Not sure that an open letter is necessary. In fact the ceo constantly saying, in his stream, that mistakes were made, etc..
Would an official letter really apply balm on your wounds ?

With all respect, I don't know if you work in the videogame industry but that's not really how a relation between a company
and clients/investors works in a traditional ways and I'm sure SV had plenty of closed doors meetings whit a lot a people regarding the investments and production state already.
I mean, you could question every moves of the man but I assure you that a lot of people here could not do better choices in the real context. (not that I really defend Henrik, but the decision chain is so more complex than people think before being involved into it).

One of the first step to get production to move forward and heal would probably for Henrik to choose between the role he wants to assume in is own company.
As far as I know, I've rarely see an happy ending, in any company that i worked or from close colleagues, for a CEO, to assumed his own position in addition to the role of a game designer and of a creative director as well.
It cloud judgment on the creative direction, lead to poor design decisions because you can't oversee everything, especially in an mmorpg, and foremost, it lead to burnout and conflict of interests inside the company.
I imagine working with him as a game designer. It's probably very hard to have of his time to simply discuss some problematics or ideas as he's probably constantly overwhelm with different things outside of the development.

For your other suggestions;
I mean, put devs on mobile games, really ?!
It's a complete other kind of production and workflow and it demands different skillsets from employee.

It's like when people ask for the vr version of the game. People have absolutely no clues of the different and daring kind of theory and constrains of game design and development in vr.

But yeah they should take time with their products.

That and obviously a better QA pipeline.
(I suck at English and Maybe I'm wrong)

Reactions: Valoran

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Not sure that an open letter is necessary. In fact the ceo constantly saying, in his stream, that mistakes were made, etc..

With all respect, I don't know if you work in the videogame industry but that's not really how a relation between a company
and clients/investors works in a traditional ways and I'm sure SV had plenty of closed doors meetings whit a lot a people regarding the investments and production state already.
I mean, you could question every moves of the man but I assure you that a lot of people here could not do better choices in the real context. (not that I really defend Henrik, but the decision chain is so more complex than people think before being involved into it).

One of the first step to get production to move forward and heal would probably for Henrik to choose between the role he wants to assume in is own company.
As far as I know, I've rarely see an happy ending, in any company that i worked or from close colleagues, for a CEO, to assumed his own position in addition to the role of a game designer and of a creative director as well.
It cloud judgment on the creative direction, lead to poor design decisions because you can't oversee everything, especially in an mmorpg, and foremost, it lead to burnout and conflict of interests inside the company.
I imagine working with him as a game designer. It's probably very hard to have of his time to simply discuss some problematics or ideas as he's probably constantly overwhelm with different things outside of the development.

It's a complete other kind of production and workflow and it demands different skillsets from employee.

It's like when people ask for the vr version of the game. People have absolutely no clues of the different and daring kind of theory and constrains of game design and development in vr.

So youre saying that guys that fiddle with mmorpgs i unreal engine cant make a mobile game in unreal engine, give me a break.

Reactions: Rogu3Fiv3

Dastardly

May 29, 2020

I have said similar many times. It's time to bring in fresh game designers who haven't had their head in this project for the last decade. A fresh perspective would do a great service to the team. Henrik knows the overall feel he wants. He should really be focusing on getting the business side running like a fine oiled machine and simply veto anything he doesn't like coming out of the creative or design side. SV is no longer a garage company and it is quickly growing into a large machine.

Considering most MMO's die in a ball of fire. I think Henrik has done well over the years but as you have noted already you can't do it all alone.

I don't believe anything as drastic as a shutdown relaunch would work here.

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022
So youre saying that guys that fiddle with mmorpgs i unreal engine cant make a mobile game in unreal engine, give me a break.

Yeah maybe I've badly explain myself here, sorry.

If they are good devs, they surely can, but it take time an effort to steer a production team into a completely different way.
(and it' s not just a couple of weeks)

I mean, I'm not saying it's a bad idea, (in fact it's a good plan to make money with simpler product) but in general company choose their platform of predilection to launch their project because it take time to switch on different paradigms of design, optimization and many other stuff.(unless you're offering porting and stuff as a services company which they're not)

To be honest; I'm being told that my company is switching on mobile games while I'm working on a mmorpg on pc..
Theirs's a shortage of devs everywhere. Unless they have very good and competitive advantages, I'll go work somewhere else in a flash.
Not sure that the employees pool of Starvault would remain the same in this case haha

Melkhia

Apr 2, 2022
I have said similar many times. It's time to bring in fresh game designers who haven't had their head in this project for the last decade. A fresh perspective would do a great service to the team. Henrik knows the overall feel he wants. He should really be focusing on getting the business side running like a fine oiled machine and simply veto anything he doesn't like coming out of the creative or design side. SV is no longer a garage company and it is quickly growing into a large machine.

Considering most MMO's die in a ball of fire. I think Henrik has done well over the years but as you have noted already you can't do it all alone.

I don't believe anything as drastic as a shutdown relaunch would work here.
Yeah, me neither

D

Deleted member 44

Boats guys. Boats

Enjoy the necro patch. Play for 1~2 more months, then never play the game again. MO2 is going nowhere. The game will be completely dead two months after the necro patch and no one will return until TC, which by their current pace will be a year+ away. Henrik would rather employ his friends than to hire actual programmers and world builders.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Get what you mean. But fact is that SV is a company with no title that brings in money to stand on.

Having a title in your repertoire to stand on is a very good thing to have and would benefit everyone since content mo2 could be developed without rushing it and would relief devs of a lot of stress. And the company would have the funds to take good decision without compromising for the development of mo2, something that hasnt been possible yet.
MO2 launch made 4.5$ million ish, according to google. And this isnt counting all their 'investors'. Fabernum is a $40 asset pack from the unreal store. Theres no excuse for the lack of development the game currently has. Its obvious that they shrunk the dev team to save money. But thats just killings the game and making sure it cant recover. VS investing the money they made into having more devs to improve the game quicker. They have the money. But at this rate, before we ever get TC and a not empty world, theres going to be 500 peak or less. And the more dead a game is the harder it is to grow.

Rogu3Fiv3

Sep 13, 2020
Boats guys. Boats

Enjoy the necro patch. Play for 1~2 more months, then never play the game again. MO2 is going nowhere. The game will be completely dead two months after the necro patch and no one will return until TC, which by their current pace will be a year+ away. Henrik would rather employ his friends than to hire actual programmers and world builders.

This guy gets it. in 2026 Ill get to play the game I paid for. Its going to be sweet up until I die to the bugs.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
MO2 launch made 4.5$ million ish, according to google. And this isnt counting all their 'investors'. Fabernum is a $40 asset pack from the unreal store. Theres no excuse for the lack of development the game currently has. Its obvious that they shrunk the dev team to save money. But thats just killings the game and making sure it cant recover. VS investing the money they made into having more devs to improve the game quicker. They have the money. But at this rate, before we ever get TC and a not empty world, theres going to be 500 peak or less. And the more dead a game is the harder it is to grow.

They made around 7 milion SEK which is around 650 k usd.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Star Vault and Epic games dosent have that kind of relationship. They only got a grant, because they made something cool.
SV isnt under any pressure from Epic to rush to UE5
I guess you know more about epic games and the engine deal with SV than themselves. Idk if they getting pressure from EG but they probably have a windows for doing certain things and according to Henrique last stream they are actually investing resources on UE5, that being a smoke screen to say they are lazy fucks or actually working on that doesn't make any sense either since theres certain urgent problematics with many core features of the game being placeholder and not addressed as they should.

It's not cool, It's a bad remake. The whole thread and the forums revolves around it, bring it on fanbois, ask me why im still here roflmao.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I guess you know more about epic games and the engine deal with SV than themselves. Idk if they getting pressure from EG but they probably have a windows for doing certain things and according to Henrique last stream they are actually investing resources on UE5, that being a smoke screen to say they are lazy fucks or actually working on that doesn't make any sense either since theres certain urgent problematics with many core features of the game being placeholder and not addressed as they should.

It's not cool, It's a bad remake. The whole thread and the forums revolves around it, bring it on fanbois, ask me why im still here roflmao.
Why are you still here?

Anyways, sorry to disburb the boo troll parade, but I'm not overly worried for the future of MO2. SV has the funds to keep going without subscription for some time, they can take their time polishing and adding stuff. Sure pop will fall even more, but its nothing a marketing push cant fix, as long as they dont push untill they and the game is actually ready.

Now, you can all continue the boo troll nutcup session.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae
D

Dracu

I dont understand why ppl are still around. Like the ppl complaining etc. I am one of those myself, but i only come here cause its fun to argue about the game... Its clear at this point that henrik wont change his ways. Why you lads still trying? Vote with your wallet. Dont play the game. As long as you take all the stuff and just complain, nothing will change. If you all quit, then they actually have to reconsider how they can win your trust back to get numbers back up. Its literally useless to complain on the forums.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Boats guys. Boats

And honestly most people wont come back for TC. When you quit a game like MO because its bad, you don't just come back most of the time. Theres so many more issues than the lack of TC. Most people leave this game wit ha bitter taste in their mouth, with the plans of never coming back.

Reactions: Daikos