Spawn Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Boredom and sociopathy? There is literaly no "territorial control" in the game right now. I mean, what for are you trying to "control" a city? Imagine every city had people that would do this, you'd literaly and actively remove people from the game for no reason other than your own ego and satisfaction.

This is a game. Stop trying to read into it like some high-horsed intellectual. People who spawn camp either are just giggling in Discord or to prevent you from seeing what they are doing or to prevent you from getting an advantage in an area.

View attachment 3622
If you are getting priest camped and cant spawn at a red priest like this guy is, tell Henrik thank you for the red priest changes.

He traded getting killed by NPC guards for player guards of kranesh

That's actually funny.

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
No disrespect but you got the red priests being far away from town benefit and it's easy to assume this because what you just said pretty much sounds like it pairs up with those people.

Red players deserve their territory as well and if you got Lictor guards instantly popping kids with negative rep then you get to be priest camped by red players. Also consider for a second.... There's other priests and towns opened up for you and fewer red towns.

So yeah man...

TLDR: Go somewhere else. This is not illegal in the game.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
IMO lawless downs should have some form of NPC in them that will attack players that are gray. The guards should be weak like scoundrel difficulty only hitting for 10-30 dmg against a naked player with only 90-120 HP, an only put like 5-10 of them spread out through the town. They can than make it so they don't care what your rep standing is, just if your flagged as a crim or not.

This would go a long way in making these towns just less chaos an KOS fest, but still maintain a sense of lawless. You could still kill people in the town this way if your in a group of 3 geared people, but it would stop the endless spawning killing an griefing at priest.

As it currently stands if someone decides to start spawn killing you at the priest in town your only option is to just leave the town an wait for that person to stop. Lawless shouldn't mean pure chaos an a griefing haven, even lawless towns in real life enviroments have a small sense of security an safety.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
IMO lawless downs should have some form of NPC in them that will attack players that are gray. The guards should be weak like scoundrel difficulty only hitting for 10-30 dmg against a naked player with only 90-120 HP, an only put like 5-10 of them spread out through the town. They can than make it so they don't care what your rep standing is, just if your flagged as a crim or not.

This would go a long way in making these towns just less chaos an KOS fest, but still maintain a sense of lawless. You could still kill people in the town this way if your in a group of 3 geared people, but it would stop the endless spawning killing an griefing at priest.

As it currently stands if someone decides to start spawn killing you at the priest in town your only option is to just leave the town an wait for that person to stop. Lawless shouldn't mean pure chaos an a griefing haven, even lawless towns in real life enviroments have a small sense of security an safety.
I dont understand if this is bait or not. Like you have 9 blue towns vs 2 red towns. Yet you need to have the ability to be safe where ever you go? stop trying to have NPCs fight for you and play the game yourself.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021

SO, what I read is you want another lawful town, because you're upset that you're too stupid to hit home priest. GOT IT

Why are people so opinionated on red towns when they never come here lol. I don't get it.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
SO, what I read is you want another lawful town, because you're upset that you're too stupid to hit home priest. GOT IT

Why are people so opinionated on red towns when they never come here lol. I don't get it.
What I read from you is you want everyone to instantly die on spawn thus making the game completely unplayable. I mean sure if you want a dead game than go make your trash game no one wants to play.

Why do red players complain that red towns are unpopulated but fail to wonder why no one uses them, even most red players don't even use red towns.

Last edited:
Reactions: TimeForTea

Tzone

May 16, 2021
What I read from you is you want everyone to instantly die on spawn thus making the game completely unplayable. I mean sure if you want a dead game than go make your trash game no one wants to play.

Why do red players complain that red towns are unpopulated but fail to wonder why no one uses them.
Its not unplayable you have other priest. Red players never complain about red towns being unpopulated, that is a strawman argument. And its a untrue statement because lots of people live in kranesh and GK.

Reactions: C3ncio

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1645028585865.png
Just more hate cause by the new priest system. Noobs end up neg rep easily by picking thing up out of the wrong bag. Or if they hit enough people by accident and those people die in some way then they get MCs.

We get a lot of noobs in Kran even during the beta because they end up unable to spawn in fab.

oykd

Nov 26, 2020
i dont get it just gather group and stomp on them in kranesh gosh its ez ! and spawn kill them :D

Tzone

May 16, 2021
i dont get it just gather group and stomp on them in kranesh gosh its ez ! and spawn kill them :D
They try but the kranesh guards are powerfull with our kranesh lictors smokey the bear.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Than when they cry about being spawn camped themselves we can just tell them we own the town now an they should just quit the game.

Pterodactyl

Dec 30, 2021
Entitlement does not exist in full loot PvP games where players can decide your fate on a whim. A lot of you complaining about dying in Red towns need to understand you dont get to just be there because your red too. If you want to live in a red town, you need to join the guild/alliance that owns that town. The other option is that you mass up a bunch of friends and take the town for yourself. Thats how this game works. Red towns must be policed. If I let you and your friend pass and then your friend kills a guildmates horse thats on me. So it must be 100% or nothing. Thats just the way it is in this game.

When I started in beta all I wanted to do was pvp. I like many of you tried to stroll into Kranesh and set up camp. I was killed for 4 days. I tried everything. Talking my way out of it. Spawning over and over. Even brought a bag of player heads to them as a peace offering. None of that worked until I was actually guilded, and getting guilded wasnt easy. During those 4 days of being relentlessly spawn camped every time I popped into Kran I never once got angry in chat/voip nor did I charge MCs. There are a few autismo killers in this game that will relentlessly spawn camp you no doubt, but the majority of people need a reason. So its best not to give everyone that reason and you might fair better than you think. You slip up and give the ones that wouldnt normally kill you over and over that reason and you wont ever live in that town.

There are many ways to go about living in red towns, but screaming about how your entitled to be there is not one of them. Its not our fault SV decided to make a braindead red priest change that wasnt ever tested in alpha/beta. That said you can be red, live in a red town and have fun in this game if you have a bit of social skills, patience and understand what guild recruitment forums are.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah people get upset in kran when you dont kill the random people that are not supposed to be there. Letting people spawn there puts other people in danger to being ganked during dueling, jumped while crafting, or having your horse killed.

We cant have you guys in Kran, sucks that SV hurt the the game so badly.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
Last I checked your not a forum moderator, so who are you to say someone not allowed to post on the forums?

I didn't say that. I could say something witty like "Are you unable to read?" but I know you did read it, you just like acting ignorant to be a dick head.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I think all the recent threads I read about PvP mechanics showcase the hypocritical mindset that whatever someone else does is griefing and that whatever I do is proper PvP. It is sad that game developers have picked up on this terminology.

Ideally the game would have more systems in place to both allow groups to control territory and to challenge it. Spiritism should play a vital role there since it neatly interacts with death system. It´s a lost opportunity if SV does realize this potential and instead ops for heavy handed systems to regulate it.

As a supposedly hardcore sandbox game it should provide tools for both sides to archive their goals. Ideally on the individual level rather than mechanics like towers and other artificial conflict drivers. At this point I don´t think there is a plan to what SV is doing and their solutions seemed to anger both extremes of the spectrum which ultimately will lead to people leaving since it caters only to a handful of people.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
View attachment 3623
Just more hate cause by the new priest system. Noobs end up neg rep easily by picking thing up out of the wrong bag. Or if they hit enough people by accident and those people die in some way then they get MCs.

We get a lot of noobs in Kran even during the beta because they end up unable to spawn in fab.
Complete strawman def. Ignorance is no defense to mass KOSing people. If these new players didn't have the patience to learn how basic mechanics work than they can learn the hard way of being punished for their actions.

An let face it most new players coming into this game trying to KOS everyone they see, well those players aren't going to stay in the game long anyway. This may be a PVP game but there a difference between PVP an just harassment an griefing.

Status
Not open for further replies.