Spawn Camping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Its not control freakish at all to not want random people living in your town making it unsafe. You dont want murders in your town why is it control freakish to allow these randoms in a town. They tend to kill your horses and attack you when you are crafting.
This is pure hypocrital post. You don't want guards in lawless towns so you can mass PK an spawn camp the town's priest, but you want the town to be safe to protect your self an no one else. Lol completely contradicting your self but ok and being a hypocrit.

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
vulping really trying to get the thread locked.
I'm just trying to add my opinion to the discussion, your the ones screeching that people should ignore what I post an are spamming insults at me.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Very hypocritical to claim others are control freaks when you are anti PvP because you dont have control over other people not PvPing you.

I am getting annoyed by you constantly claiming this despite me telling you time and time again that I never advocated for "no PvP".

However, spawn camping is not real PvP in my book. It is just griefing, as I said.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Is there a reason why spawn camping has not been fixed yet? People are able to kill you before you can finish spawning at the priest in Kranesh over and over, without penalty, if you're a criminal with 5+ murders (pretty common). No invulnerability frames and you're stuck doing an animation when you first spawn in, and before the animation can finish, you're killed. Fantastic gameplay. Is this an intended part of the game, to completely shut out a portion of the playerbase? If so, fantastic work devs; punishing PvPers with eternal spawn camp deaths. This reminds me of games from the 90s where devs were clueless about mechanics like this because it was so new. What is the devs' excuse now?

Not to mention it goes against the terms of service, yet the in-game reporting function is worthless. No GM response for 48 hours and counting to resolve this issue. Ban the offenders or fix the spawn camping.
Considering how dogshit is the location and amount of red priests this just enforces the idea of having to add more red priests. When theres no wilderness crafting nor gear progression people is forced to naked walk to the few Lawless towns alternatives to polarize and concentrate a lot of players. With a massive empty world theres so little alternatives to towns and such límited features and SV keeps adding heavy restrictions. Shits looking bad not gonna lie.

Reactions: C3ncio

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I am getting annoyed by you constantly claiming this despite me telling you time and time again that I never advocated for "no PvP".

However, spawn camping is not real PvP in my book. It is just griefing, as I said.
Imnot trying to get political but saying that you are not abti pvp is like fud saying that they arent anti gun BUT....

You arent anti pvp but... You think people should be harshly punished for pvpinh or that killing players in the opwn world is not pvp its ganking.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Boredom and sociopathy? There is literaly no "territorial control" in the game right now. I mean, what for are you trying to "control" a city? Imagine every city had people that would do this, you'd literaly and actively remove people from the game for no reason other than your own ego and satisfaction.
Its resource contest, completly valid approach. The problem are the lack of alternatives for certain playerbase.

Reactions: TimeForTea

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
Its resource contest, completly valid approach. The problem are the lack of alternatives for certain playerbase.
Resource contesting should take place at the resource not at a town spawn. Simply put how are you controlling a resource when your not at the resource?

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
My my my the PvE babies really do not like it when they have to wear my shoes do they?

Guess you'll just have to suck it up buttercup. People keep harping on about "Consequences for being a filthy RPK'er" but now we see how little they understand about it truly. My guild is all perma-red since day 1 and we aren't welcome in Kran/GK. We all know this and so we either do not spawn there in the first place or we simply expect the controlling guilds to be guarding it carefully.

Enjoy that walk in my shoes, it's a long way back. My only hope is that even more of you get a taste of it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Resource contesting should take place at the resource not at a town spawn. Simply put how are you controlling a resource when your not at the resource?
By resource i didn't mean razorbacks or granum i ment Game assets in general, by controlling a town you control it's features, materials, location, etc.
I think it's lovely organized players control places but i do believe theres a general lack of design and features to encourage these activities.

Cyrotek

Feb 1, 2022
Imnot trying to get political but saying that you are not abti pvp is like fud saying that they arent anti gun BUT....

I am pro balance and fun gameplay for everyone. That is a huge difference you don't seem to care about as long as you get your satisfaction.

You arent anti pvp but... You think people should be harshly punished for pvpinh or that killing players in the opwn world is not pvp its ganking.

Not entirely correct. What I want is corwardly murder of people that can't defend themselves to be punished. But not necessarily outright by the game but by giving other players ways to do the punishment themselves. Thus I am - for example - advocating for a system where you can pay a sum of gold to kill a player of your choice freely and also get info on where that player is currently located. Bonus points if the targeted player gets an information if he gets such a "mark", could be a really fun game of cat and mouse.

Well, except people that just kill horses outside of cities and then run away, they can just die instantly for all I care.

And, btw. as I said already, spawn killing is no PvP in my book. Maybe try killing someone that can actually defend themselves for a change. But you are probably too much of a coward.

By resource i didn't mean razorbacks or granum i ment Game assets in general, by controlling a town you control it's features, materials, location, etc.
I think it's lovely organized players control places but i do believe theres a general lack of design and features to encourage these activities.

Another issue might be that there isn't all that much choice in the first place and that these people might just prevent the use of their "ressources" by random people that do not actually belong to any relevant faction/guild. They are just bothering random players for no reason.

Last edited:

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021

Stop deflecting we're not talking about PVP in the world we're talking about people like you spawn camping one of the only few red priest by 24/7 killing anyone that spawns thus blocking people from being able to play the game.

Reactions: TimeForTea

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Another issue might be that there isn't all that much choice in the first place and that these people might just prevent the use of their "ressources" by random people that do not actually belong to any relevant faction/guild. They are just bothering random players for no reason.

There isn't all that much of a choice cuz theres not enough worth" locations to do this. Organized players that have their internal codes of how to "control" certain areas are a key part of the game.
A different scenario would be if housing would let you put equerrys (not even priests) and if houses had group/guild options besides the current safety mechanics.
Being able to have equerrys in the wilderness would open up a whole new spectrum of activities around red priests making those areas more populated instead of aiming to polarize the whole criminal playerbarse into the few lawless towns that have red-priests.
Player made cities could take shape with just equerrys into the game, and those cities would be functional to different groups and minorities for them to be able to contest or organize in different areas and populate an empty world.

These are some of the reasons why the last patch was such poop, because they added heavy movility restrictions for certain players without giving them real alternatives. Because instead of thinking it in terms of balance and design like a module of changes that would be a more realistic approach into players needs they just put some hardbrakes and consider it done.

Really bad and shortsighted idea was to release these changes without being able to offer players to at least build houses in all instances, and theres no guarantees they will even conceive fixing these elemental issues anytime soon.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You can ignore this dude with the rest of us, he is not participating in good faith.

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
I know how dare I disagree with you an post my opinion in a public forum. The moderators should ban me because you say so.

You didn't disagree, you just misquoted me and said something I didn't say. Also, no. They shouldn't. The fact you come on here and act this way makes everyone else seem that much brighter because of your own want to appear smarter.

AidanKyros

Jan 18, 2021
I am not going to say I believe that SV is a company with great forethought behind their changes and or game mechanics...

BUT I do think they have a broad set of ideas for the game, and what they are attempting to do with the game mechanics that are in the game is that being a player of "low" reputation forces you to play the game with less options, you are not protected, you do not have by default safe places to go back to, you are an unwanted person in the "safe" areas of the game, BUT that is only for the "kingdom" in question that you have this "low" standing for yourself, that means you can choose to go else where and try to keep your reputation there instead.

Now if you are purposely performing in-game functions that cause rep-loss like I do, then you need to accept your fate regardless of how it occurs, I play with people whom in most cases have also chosen not to use the "safe" areas of the game, we work together to farm resources, to protect resources, to get foot hold on areas we desire, and with that we fight in those locations to prevent other players from getting resources we have already farmed or to limit the availability of those resources.

There will be a lot of people who will dislike that, and that is OK, this is the way we play the game, and if you want to stop us from playing the game this way, I suggest you find like-minded people to play with, get resources for equipment, and kill us at those locations as a group. Otherwise you would be more productive to go to the feedback/suggestion area and ask for mechanic changes with a poll, because it just sounds like you want the GM's/Developers to change the game to fit a view that is not currently in line with the in-game features/functions.

Status
Not open for further replies.