Removing spinning cause 1 month streamers cant read attacks

Stouty

Sep 24, 2022
I don't think you really understand what projection means. I don't play video games for a living making pennies, so how exactly is that a projection?

You don't need to "train" spinning, you literally just turn your camera around (I know its a hard concept for you to grasp).

Hey its ok buddy, your game died, you decided to try mortal and are a completely irrelevant walking lootbag, so you want to change the game to be able to compete.

It seems you have a VERY hard time coping with being a complete nonfactor in this game?

I dont think YOU understand how relevancy works. Me replying to you doesnt make you relevant. Does me saying a few words to some hobo on the streets when hes ranting about politics make him relevant in politics?

Except you're crying about a developer statement which addressed the primary complaint that was put forth in my review

Once again, you dodged my very clearly stated question (remember when you pretended earlier you didn't understand what I was asking?)

A clear sign that you forfeited this debate :') The 1-month streamer wins! Lifers in shambles

Reactions: Kuthara

Stouty

Sep 24, 2022
cerqo vs stouty match when?
It just happened, kid got mopped on his home turf. Ran circles around this guy, he wasn't able to come up with a single coherent point - was all over for him when he mentioned feint spamming in Mordhau, reminder this is your combat:

When he ran away from this point it was a GGEZ

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Except you're crying about a developer statement which addressed the primary complaint that was put forth in my review

Once again, you dodged my very clearly stated question (remember when you pretended earlier you didn't understand what I was asking?)

A clear sign that you forfeited this debate :') The 1-month streamer wins! Lifers in shambles

Yes SV listening to some random nonfactor shit players is not a good idea, you are correct. This post would have been made regardless.

Do you even know what a question is? Cause you havnt asked one in the past few posts you made.

Nonfactor 70 viewer streamer that is shit at mortal gets verbally dismantled and has a hard time coping being a nonfactor. Next.

Kid has resorted to spam posting, must be really salty at this point :LOL:. Yup thats MO2 combat buddy, kind of a self own considering you still cant seem to figure out such simple combat? HAHAHHA

Stouty

Sep 24, 2022
Do you even know what a question is? Cause you havnt asked one in the past few posts you made.

Instead, let's really hone in on the fact you think MO2 doesn't revolve around feint spamming. Are you actually delusional?

We've reached the point in the debate where I can just quote your lies, you got exposed by a 1-month player

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
We've reached the point in the debate where I can just quote your lies, you got exposed by a 1-month player

Damn buddy, you got me. Sick burn, your trump question was "Are you delusional" :LOL:

Its ok. Its normal to be upset when you have some weird delusion coming into a game and end up being a complete nonfactor, its a hard cope but you will get over it. Keep at it!

Stouty

Sep 24, 2022
So MO2 doesn't revolve around feint spamming? You seemed to think that was a negative in Mordhau

And then to finish off, your solution to spinning is Mordhau feint spamming?

Keep squirming bro this is gold :')

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
So MO2 doesn't revolve around feint spamming? You seemed to think that was a negative in Mordhau

Keep squirming bro this is gold :')

No, feinting in MO2 is not comparable to feinting in Mordhau, thanks. And no it does not revolve around it.

Its ok little guy, i know you are not used to HARDCORE games, but we will turn you into a man here when you are done coping with being a nonfactor ;)

Stouty

Sep 24, 2022
No, feinting in MO2 is not comparable to feinting in Mordhau, thanks. And no it does not revolve around it.

We're agreed, the feinting in Mordhau is much less janky (no 360 jump spinning). I'll leave the 2nd part of the above to stand as a monument to your delusion

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
We're agreed, the feinting in Mordhau is much less janky (no 360 jump spinning). I'll leave the 2nd part of your statement to stand as a monument to your delusion

That's some nice Mordhau cope.

But yeah, the 2nd part of my comment holds far more weight coming from me considering I know how the game works. How would you know if it was delusional or not when you have no idea how the game works? (That's a rhetorical question, no need to answer bud, just helping you out here cause I know you struggle with this stuff, you can also google what rhetorical means).

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I believe a naked US player with a worn shordsword should be able to beat 2 EU oghmium armored fighters with oghmium weapons without taking dmg... it should be hard, but realisticly possible. A combat system that doesnt allow this is imo shit, the current system doesnt allow it realisticly... so its shit, back to the drawing board.

It's exaggerated to make you point, but I don't agree. You should never be realistically naked and able to take 0 dmg, to me. That's a bad start. The problem is for this ideal situation (which would MAYBE happen now, if the two players were ass enough lol and the dudes didn't have passive regen :p ) you have to basically say 'gear matters, but not really.' It makes more sense when saying naked v ogh, but you have to understand that the whole middle game is gummed up. So if you are tanking a hit ( waiting to parry) naked or tanking a hit in ogh, you are gonna get the same dmg more or less. I don't agree w/ that.

But if there was ever a system that would allow such a thing, it's this one. It might not execute it perfectly because SV, but that was the idea. The 'feint spam,' spinning, etc all has become of this, which was 'making skill matter.' Same w/ swing speed, even cerq was upset about that, and I'm pretty sure he considers himself the best + able to adapt to anything haha.

I guess my point is the game IS laggy, the game DOES appear differently on people's screens (Tzone I think suggested something about displaying people's animations differently, that would be interesting, but w/ all the crazy swings you can do, prol wouldn't do much, unless like I said they added torso,) so a hit = a hit is a like building block step one. People don't want knock back on parry, they don't want parry lock out, etc, but having people able to 'push' you would be good for combat overall, I believe. I do also believe that's not the ONLY change, but I think that the community would be surprised at how much it changes things.

Sure, Mr. Keel (me loll) or Mr. Naked would be getting hit harder thru parry, but as you saw w/ that vid of Stouty (dude is not tatsuya ey?,) he does pretty well at getting those low dmg hits w/o parry, altho to be fair both were moving kinda awkwardly.

I do suck at MO2 1v1 and prol am highly average or worse at team fights, but it's easy for me to imagine 'a very well played' duel under the current rules, and I think it would be hard to separate good or very good from great or 'legendary.' What I want is for there to be a really high skill cap. I want the game to still have everything as it does, and I am not gonna focus on a certain situation (naked v ogh, etc,) that I feel should happen, but I just feel like you should be able to dominate and pressure people. Sure, you can, but it's really wack/slow and arguably unreliable when pitting people of close to equal skill/ping.

I wanna see people getting scraped out MO1 style. I want something interesting to learn other than head shotting horses in MA haha. We have the same idea, but I guess it manifests differently. I def think chip dmg is part of the package, tho, but basically I just want a game that gives off the feeling of actually fighting (why I'm playing a first person gm anyway...even tho I don't rly like FPS cuz I suck at them too haha,) and I want the better people to win. I don't care if Euros end up at the top as long as there is balance between most players.

I think a naked w/ a flake could beat ogh prol haha. If he didn't snap it in half. Like I've said before, there is a lot of 'cool stuff,' all of the stuff people might be like wtf... like fast turns and swings, weird hitboxes, it all has its kind of charm, but all of that is blocked out because if they are holding parry in the direction you charged your swing (for like what 2-3 seconds?,) it makes a ting noise and you get 0-2 dmg.

My problem is simple: I feel no game where it takes so long to charge a swing and has swings that are so slow should have such a large parry window. All for ping. The balance for ping was more parry = less dmg. My belief is the balance for ping is more dmg, still. Until I see it happen and it's a disaster, I won't shut up about it :p

But ye kids, be EZ. STARTING TO GET A LIL SWEATY IN HERE. I do wanna put my thoughts about parry whenever I can, even if I'm not trying to do too much foruming. Spin cap, no need. Parry rework, need. IMO.

Reactions: Dracu

Bonii

Jun 8, 2020
It's exaggerated to make you point, but I don't agree. You should never be realistically naked and able to take 0 dmg, to me. That's a bad start. The problem is for this ideal situation (which would MAYBE happen now, if the two players were ass enough lol and the dudes didn't have passive regen :p ) you have to basically say 'gear matters, but not really.' It makes more sense when saying naked v ogh, but you have to understand that the whole middle game is gummed up. So if you are tanking a hit ( waiting to parry) naked or tanking a hit in ogh, you are gonna get the same dmg more or less. I don't agree w/ that.

But if there was ever a system that would allow such a thing, it's this one. It might not execute it perfectly because SV, but that was the idea. The 'feint spam,' spinning, etc all has become of this, which was 'making skill matter.' Same w/ swing speed, even cerq was upset about that, and I'm pretty sure he considers himself the best + able to adapt to anything haha.

I guess my point is the game IS laggy, the game DOES appear differently on people's screens (Tzone I think suggested something about displaying people's animations differently, that would be interesting, but w/ all the crazy swings you can do, prol wouldn't do much, unless like I said they added torso,) so a hit = a hit is a like building block step one. People don't want knock back on parry, they don't want parry lock out, etc, but having people able to 'push' you would be good for combat overall, I believe. I do also believe that's not the ONLY change, but I think that the community would be surprised at how much it changes things.

Sure, Mr. Keel (me loll) or Mr. Naked would be getting hit harder thru parry, but as you saw w/ that vid of Stouty (dude is not tatsuya ey?,) he does pretty well at getting those low dmg hits w/o parry, altho to be fair both were moving kinda awkwardly.

I do suck at MO2 1v1 and prol am highly average or worse at team fights, but it's easy for me to imagine 'a very well played' duel under the current rules, and I think it would be hard to separate good or very good from great or 'legendary.' What I want is for there to be a really high skill cap. I want the game to still have everything as it does, and I am not gonna focus on a certain situation (naked v ogh, etc,) that I feel should happen, but I just feel like you should be able to dominate and pressure people. Sure, you can, but it's really wack/slow and arguably unreliable when pitting people of close to equal skill/ping.

I wanna see people getting scraped out MO1 style. I want something interesting to learn other than head shotting horses in MA haha. We have the same idea, but I guess it manifests differently. I def think chip dmg is part of the package, tho, but basically I just want a game that gives off the feeling of actually fighting (why I'm playing a first person gm anyway...even tho I don't rly like FPS cuz I suck at them too haha,) and I want the better people to win. I don't care if Euros end up at the top as long as there is balance between most players.

I think a naked w/ a flake could beat ogh prol haha. If he didn't snap it in half. Like I've said before, there is a lot of 'cool stuff,' all of the stuff people might be like wtf... like fast turns and swings, weird hitboxes, it all has its kind of charm, but all of that is blocked out because if they are holding parry in the direction you charged your swing (for like what 2-3 seconds?,) it makes a ting noise and you get 0-2 dmg.

My problem is simple: I feel no game where it takes so long to charge a swing and has swings that are so slow should have such a large parry window. All for ping. The balance for ping was more parry = less dmg. My belief is the balance for ping is more dmg, still. Until I see it happen and it's a disaster, I won't shut up about it :p

But ye kids, be EZ. STARTING TO GET A LIL SWEATY IN HERE. I do wanna put my thoughts about parry whenever I can, even if I'm not trying to do too much foruming. Spin cap, no need. Parry rework, need. IMO.
DOES ANYONE READ THIS?

D

Dracu

I think i get where you are coming from :) Thanks for the write up! I very much relate to how you described the feeling of the combat system you are looking for. In alpha i had a duell mate and we often had fast paced exchanges due to similiar ping. When only spins existed, shimmering. I really just enjoyed bashing each other for 20+ minutes... It wasnt spectacular but we both kept the flow going as fast as possible... Had the feeling you described, even with the given limitation...

Today i heard an argument though that changed my mind on every kind of feedback.

Can you imagine that SV can implement a better system then is in right now....

I had no follow up... :(

DOES ANYONE READ THIS?
I did 🤷‍♀️ Good text, relateable. Its always good when somebody describes the combat they want and where they are coming from.

Reactions: Hodo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Just want to point out that we had a skill based turn cap in the game. This community DOES NOT want skill based mechanics. They want the current turn cap we have now which is just a skill cap. Pay special attention to how steinerr turns at 3:43

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
DOES ANYONE READ THIS?

Reading is fun. When you can read down, you will be able to skim my posts easily!

Can you imagine that SV can implement a better system then is in right now....

That's why I advocate for simple, balance-able 'fixes' like chip damage. If you watch the vid that Tek linked, that combat is good until dude is on 10 stam and parrying. Then it's like ?? Shouldn't he be getting dunked right now? That's my problem with the game, in a nutshell, for those who don't understand text. @Bonii

I believe SV should listen to people who want the game to be competitive and actiony, as that was the soul of MO1. They have to find a way to get that back. Even watching the old team fights; it's just insane. They have to find how to make that happen again.

Last edited:
D

Dracu

That's why I advocate for simple, balance-able 'fixes' like chip damage. If you watch the vid that Tek linked, that combat is good until dude is on 10 stam and parrying. Then it's like ?? Shouldn't he be getting dunked right now? That's my problem with the game, in a nutshell, for those who don't understand text. @Bonii

I believe SV should listen to people who want the game to be competitive and actiony, as that was the soul of MO1. They have to find a way to get that back. Even watching the old team fights; it's just insane. They have to find how to make that happen again.
Chip dmg is 1v1 balance not 1vX balance, this game is zerg friendly enough, dont need more zerg buffs...
And if you want SV to listen to ppl that want the game to be competitive and actiony... might aswell listen to cerqo... cause hes one of them.
The video technique posted is from alpha, to old to refference for anything. Didnt have ping normalisation, counter feints didnt exist, etc etc...
sure the core issue still exists, but chip dmg = a buff for X in 1vX, making it harder for outnumbered to balance around 1v1.
Competitive chip dmg? Meh will result in gear based gameplay, imagine two players who parry each other 100% of the time... who wins? the guy with better gear?

Last edited by a moderator:

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Man, its wild that anyone takes this game so seriously they still shit talk like that on these forums. Its like they missed the memo. This game is still an alpha at best. Its not even anywhere near being a competitive game. You have people cheating their asses off, one server located in EU with massive desync issues and ping advantage, and extremely jank combat with overpowered Pokémon running around.

But yes. Lets have prize fights and pretend this game is gonna turn out any different than MO1. Perhaps your combat skill will pay off when thousands of people join the game lol.

It can't get much worse imo. Let them try some shit. Maybe the game will get enough players before Henrik adds his new continent lol.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
We get some people's only progression was to naked duel in towns and spinning has become the art of combat's garbage design.

Duel Is competitive mate ROFLMAO. Nah, duel Is a lesser form of gameplay and anyone that defends stupid ass spin Is a fucking noob, end of story guys.

Now It's probable best to discuss what would be the possible replacements, i truly didnt think someone would be in favor of such a shit tier type of combat like keeping spinning Lol.

Then theres SV's capacity to test/add shit, they often hear people without any understanding of gaming in general and much less in mortal. Sv hitting the nail with content has become a very rare and scarse element, almost like a small miracle that could happen for a short moment when they pull their head out of their ass.

Shits placeholder how can i expect them to bring decent spinning alternatives if everything they do seems really bad quality placeholder. Then how they would introduce it, i mean these kids are really negligent with what they do, and people celebrate the little garbo content they get.

Heeey iii Jeff been jefin funcies with bounti huntaaa huehoehuehue leave spinning on or duels foreveer, necronancy Is the best thanks SV necro dungeon changed my laif. Wtb trincket 10kg

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Dont wana read it all but I like the combat like it is now.
I don’t see any reason to make it less skillful on hiding animations / make it even more easier for people to parry. Killing someone’s in 1v1 that is good at parry and don’t give you any parry’s / is just turtling is already a real payne. If they plan to change the combat please let us test it on a test server ❤️