Public Opinion at Record Low

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
It's crazy how much things have changed in the last couple years.

At first there were an abundance of white knights defending this games flaws no matter how obvious the criticism was. Now however it seems like everyone just wants to shit on the game and it's staff.

I've seen multiple of these white knights flip sides and it feels like thoughts surrounding the game are now mostly negative. Steam Reviews also seemed to have taken a hit.

What happened?

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

At first there were an abundance of white knights defending this games flaws no matter how obvious the criticism was. Now however it seems like everyone just wants to shit on the game and it's staff.

I've seen multiple of these white knights flip sides and it feels like thoughts surrounding the game are now mostly negative. Steam Reviews also seemed to have taken a hit.

What happened?
I really enjoyed Mortal Online from 2015-2020. Irrespective of the companies flaws, bugs, security breaches, broken promises, terrible anti cheat, etc etc etc, I always gave Star Vault the benefit of the doubt and recommended their games based on the context that I really enjoyed the game. Now, however, Star Vault has broken the covenant of delivering a game that plays like a mix of counter strike and a wow clone and instead has delivered a steaming pile of shit that plays like world of tanks. There is simply no reason to tolerate the bugs, client sided garbage, lies, bad design, if the underlying game is shit.

Ulysses

Sep 5, 2020
I really enjoyed Mortal Online from 2015-2020. Irrespective of the companies flaws, bugs, security breaches, broken promises, terrible anti cheat, etc etc etc, I always gave Star Vault the benefit of the doubt and recommended their games based on the context that I really enjoyed the game. Now, however, Star Vault has broken the covenant of delivering a game that plays like a mix of counter strike and a wow clone and instead has delivered a steaming pile of shit that plays like world of tanks. There is simply no reason to tolerate the bugs, client sided garbage, lies, bad design, if the underlying game is shit.
Game is nowhere close to being a mix of CS, wow or WoT. This statement is woefully inaccurate. MO is fun and I'm currently enjoying it.

Reactions: Xunila

manure

May 7, 2022

What happened?
What do you mean by "What happened" ??

Thieving was promised since the beginning. I believed it... Started playing in february 2022 and been waiting since then... We are in November 2023, and Thieving has been recently REMOVED from the Road Map !

This is just ONE example... Happened with me, and other people who also wanted to play as a thief.

But there are dozens of other broken promises... Just do a small research and you will see.

They simply do not deliver !
Enough is enough.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
1700577516187.png
Why do they hate their players, yeah its nice that their will be less houses but this is super cancer. Do something else man.

Im not bothered much about content being delayed or stopped but damn they hate their players.

Reactions: Xunila

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If you made it as all house attached to a subbed account are payable by anyone that would be great.

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
View attachment 6228
Why do they hate their players, yeah its nice that their will be less houses but this is super cancer. Do something else man.

Im not bothered much about content being delayed or stopped but damn they hate their players.
wow, only keeps? so strongholds can't be paid by guild members either?

never even bothered to make a house as it sounded like a chore to go fill the upkeep, but man, for example the guild where I am inactively in has a few houses in the jungle etc large distance away from the base, so this means that only the owned of those houses can upkeep em, man what if someone takes a small break or something? transfer ownership? I can't believe they make the system even worse than the shit it is

Tzone

May 16, 2021
wow, only keeps? so strongholds can't be paid by guild members either?

never even bothered to make a house as it sounded like a chore to go fill the upkeep, but man, for example the guild where I am inactively in has a few houses in the jungle etc large distance away from the base, so this means that only the owned of those houses can upkeep em, man what if someone takes a small break or something? transfer ownership? I can't believe they make the system even worse than the shit it is
1700584470580.png
There is a update from henrik that if you are subbed then anyone can pay upkeep which is fine for me.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
View attachment 6229
There is a update from henrik that if you are subbed then anyone can pay upkeep which is fine for me.
Yes but it doesn't change the fact that basically only subbed accounts can have a house. If you have multiple accounts with multiple houses, you’ll have to sub each one, or lose all the houses except for your main subbed account.

Lots and lots of buildings are about to fall apart.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Yes but it doesn't change the fact that basically only subbed accounts can have a house. If you have multiple accounts with multiple houses, you’ll have to sub each one, or lose all the houses except for your main subbed account.

Welcome to subs! Got to make dat money yo.

Tzone

May 16, 2021

I think there needs to be some adjustments, maybe 3-4 months of upkeep before decay so that people can take a break with out having to log in every other months for 15 bucks to pay upkeep. You will retain players that way.

They also need to have some free to play months for people to comeback instead of risk 15 bucks on a dead game.

But I welcome subs, I wish it was 10 bucks because you need multiple accounts to enjoy the game. They would make 30-40 bucks instead of 15 to 30 off each customer in my opinion if it was slightly cheaper.

It solves a lot of issue that that they have not fixed with proper sieging which still does not exist in the game.
But back onto the main top of public trust, almost no one who is still around or quit but in alliance discords trust SV.

They tried to replace the upset veterans with new players who saw SV do the same things that made us upset. When they try to replace us MO2 steam players with epic players all it will take is a couple of months before they agree with the upset vets. It used to take 6 mo for the average player to lose trust in SV. Now its down to 3 months because all of the issues surrounding GMs and moderation.

I just hate seeing my money go to people other then the actual devs like the community management who hate us players.

Reactions: oykd

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I just hate seeing my money go to people other then the actual devs like the community management who hate us players.
And some "community management" that ended up to be. They actually started out with an event or two where you had to find Robmo, but that was all just a fart in the wind.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
And some "community management" that ended up to be. They actually started out with an event or two where you had to find Robmo, but that was all just a fart in the wind.
All he has to do is not be mean to people, not double down on things the GMs do (right or wrong), and ask Henrik/farmerjoe/LGM questions. Hes far to personal and biased. It really seems he just hates the players.

Him doubling down on a issue as a person who is supposed to not have a say in things makes it appear he has power over things (dont thing he does).

Just very concerning about the direction of the game because SV has proven that they double down and never learn from mistakes.
At least management wise.

There were people like wicked that were cheating forever and never got banned until now. Just mentioning him because he finally got got. But they are banning people who have to publicly go around and clear their name in order to get appealed and the strike removed. They ban some people so easily but others take so long to finally get out of the game.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules now but I think we seriously need healthy talk about all that went down this past two weeks as we go into Epic and UE5. Its another chance for the game and SV to make MO survive.

It would be much better for everyone if you could trust the appeals process instead of have the need to post your I got banned video publicly to get unbanned. The current state of having to do that to get appealed is very bad optics for the game and pisses of the community and I bet angers the management.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
All he has to do is not be mean to people, not double down on things the GMs do (right or wrong), and ask Henrik/farmerjoe/LGM questions. Hes far to personal and biased. It really seems he just hates the players.

Him doubling down on a issue as a person who is supposed to not have a say in things makes it appear he has power over things (dont thing he does).

Just very concerning about the direction of the game because SV has proven that they double down and never learn from mistakes.
At least management wise.

There were people like wicked that were cheating forever and never got banned until now. Just mentioning him because he finally got got. But they are banning people who have to publicly go around and clear their name in order to get appealed and the strike removed. They ban some people so easily but others take so long to finally get out of the game.

I hope I'm not breaking any rules now but I think we seriously need healthy talk about all that went down this past two weeks as we go into Epic and UE5. Its another chance for the game and SV to make MO survive.

It would be much better for everyone if you could trust the appeals process instead of have the need to post your I got banned video publicly to get unbanned. The current state of having to do that to get appealed is very bad optics for the game and pisses of the community and I bet angers the management.
I'm sorry you feel that way, but questions do go to those members all the time. I am the most vocal on the team both with questions, concerns and feedback. However you must understand that I alone cannot change the game, its a team effort from SV.

I do not hate the players. Its a shame you think that. I literally interact with players dailies. To be fair, I have no love for players who abuse staff, other players, make irl threats, or exploit/cheat in the game. I have a very hard stance on that behaviour, particularly cheating in game. I have the strongest stance in the company on that front.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I had an event planned for elementailism launch but it was rejected because "lore".

I would love to do more, but my work is rejected mostly on lore or requirements for code assistance.

Hopefully we can get Community Scenarios or something similar going again to spice things up.

Reactions: Tzone

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Enough bashing Robmo. He did what he could. The player base of this game is so cancerous and degenerate its a miracle he didn't lose his mind dealing with them. Seriously, did anyone forget how certain individual DOSSed the server for month and months in MO1 cause they were pissed at SV? Thats the kind of crazy that plays this game. Robmo isnt the issue.

The main issue is that this game tries to hard to cater to the hard core pvp greefer. And thats who all ends up playing this game. New players come in, see how retarded most of the community is and leaves. There is nothing to do but go gank and greef other players. All the pve content is very basic. TC doesnt work. No point to actually engage in siege or pvp. The only people that stay are those that love ganking and greefing.

The game needs to find its purpose again. Something besides being a greefers paradise.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Enough bashing Robmo. He did what he could. The player base of this game is so cancerous and degenerate its a miracle he didn't lose his mind dealing with them. Seriously, did anyone forget how certain individual DOSSed the server for month and months in MO1 cause they were pissed at SV? Thats the kind of crazy that plays this game. Robmo isnt the issue.

The main issue is that this game tries to hard to cater to the hard core pvp greefer. And thats who all ends up playing this game. New players come in, see how retarded most of the community is and leaves. There is nothing to do but go gank and greef other players. All the pve content is very basic. TC doesnt work. No point to actually engage in siege or pvp. The only people that stay are those that love ganking and greefing.

The game needs to find its purpose again. Something besides being a greefers paradise.
Its very stressful being attacked constantly or doxxed ect, but the majority of the community is supportive. Just a small handful who are loud and destructive. The company has been pushing out that behaviour for the last 2 years in various ways and the last remnants are fighting back hard. Its an expected outcome.

Reactions: Ghanburi