Public Opinion at Record Low

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
Its very stressful being attacked constantly or doxxed ect, but the majority of the community is supportive. Just a small handful who are loud and destructive. The company has been pushing out that behaviour for the last 2 years in various ways and the last remnants are fighting back hard. Its an expected outcome.
Pucker up buttercup because it's only going to get worse until you realize that people have legitimate reasons to be angry. The more you fight them the more they will fight back. Only thing you can do is apologies for your wrongs and allow people to speak there minds regardless of if they are right or wrong.

You will not win this perceived fight. Any fight against any demographics of consumer is going to be in general a huge fail.

Take a lesson from Gloria Victis. They lost their whole business picking stupid fights with members of their community when they should of been just figuring out ways to move forward as a company.

MO2 is destined to fall on the sword with your current mentality. It's only a matter of time.

Reactions: Gnidex and Tzone

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
View attachment 6228
Why do they hate their players, yeah its nice that their will be less houses but this is super cancer. Do something else man.

Im not bothered much about content being delayed or stopped but damn they hate their players.
Wait Henrik is sieging 90% of houses?? That's the best news ever. Solid change.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I had an event planned for elementailism launch but it was rejected because "lore".

I would love to do more, but my work is rejected mostly on lore or requirements for code assistance.

Hopefully we can get Community Scenarios or something similar going again to spice things up.
ok thats pretty funny. I kill risars in risar territory, to take risar heads to GK to sale back to the risar empire to pay taxes to the tindrimic empire that doesn't even own where I live. But you cant have events because lore.

Reactions: Gnidex

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Enough bashing Robmo. He did what he could. The player base of this game is so cancerous and degenerate its a miracle he didn't lose his mind dealing with them. Seriously, did anyone forget how certain individual DOSSed the server for month and months in MO1 cause they were pissed at SV? Thats the kind of crazy that plays this game. Robmo isnt the issue.

The main issue is that this game tries to hard to cater to the hard core pvp greefer. And thats who all ends up playing this game. New players come in, see how retarded most of the community is and leaves. There is nothing to do but go gank and greef other players. All the pve content is very basic. TC doesnt work. No point to actually engage in siege or pvp. The only people that stay are those that love ganking and greefing.

The game needs to find its purpose again. Something besides being a greefers paradise.
There are crazies but the issue is that most players dislike robmo and hate starvault.

All the lying and cheating and abuse from starvault towards all players not just your boogyman griefer who is a small fraction of the majority of the game.
a minority of the majority is vocal because we dont care about the reprisal from SV anymore. If they try to cheat or abuse me out of the game thats ok, my life would healthier?
Its very stressful being attacked constantly or doxxed ect, but the majority of the community is supportive. Just a small handful who are loud and destructive. The company has been pushing out that behaviour for the last 2 years in various ways and the last remnants are fighting back hard. Its an expected outcome.
Yeah shame on you for continuing down the same path that is making the majority of the playerbase out as the minority and slandering us?
Im in a alliance that has over 500 players which 100 are active in a game with 400 max player count. From all types of player. My guild isnt even mostly PvPers. No one likes you, everyone hates Henrik. Its not this mythical vocal minority of greifers.

Even your old guild has called you out and dislikes how you act and what you do now towards the community. Their was a poll with thousands of votes of people that disprove of your last years and even the people that wanted you as a CM said they did not like how you behaved. https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/xgzgqw
Its not healthy distorting the situation as if you are the victim of the community when you mistreat us regularly.
Im sorry that one or two people "doxxed" you when you made you private life public and open online. No one supported doxxing. But that is not even a fraction of a percent of the people that criticize you.

I was really hoping that you would just admit that their are issues instead deflect criticism. I AM NOT HERE TO BASH ANYONE BUT DENIAL IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Explain how Im destructive? I don't live near a town nor grief people but somehow I the most vocal of being critical of you am someone you want to push out of the game. WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUSH ME OUT OF THE GAME? Most people are not vocal because you censor and ban or abuse the people that speak up about the game and are scared to be vocal.

This is feedback if Im wrong for saying this or what not then just ban me from here because at this point Im tired of your warped reality killing the game.
@henrik @LGM Discord
Its just circular, give feedback. get ignored then robmo claims to be a victim when he doubles down and demonizes the community which kept this game alive. Everyone has a issue with what has been going on and just continuing to double down is why the game is doing so poorly right now.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Pucker up buttercup because it's only going to get worse until you realize that people have legitimate reasons to be angry. The more you fight them the more they will fight back. Only thing you can do is apologies for your wrongs and allow people to speak there minds regardless of if they are right or wrong.

You will not win this perceived fight. Any fight against any demographics of consumer is going to be in general a huge fail.

Take a lesson from Gloria Victis. They lost their whole business picking stupid fights with members of their community when they should of been just figuring out ways to move forward as a company.

MO2 is destined to fall on the sword with your current mentality. It's only a matter of time.
yeah they keep fighting their players thinking that its a vocal minority when its just the majority is to scared to speak out about how they feel because they seen SV so and harass and abuse players in the past.

Just on the discord if you talked bad about the game you were likely to get banned for random reasons while fan boys dont

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
yeah they keep fighting their players thinking that its a vocal minority when its just the majority is to scared to speak out about how they feel because they seen SV so and harass and abuse players in the past.

Just on the discord if you talked bad about the game you were likely to get banned for random reasons while fan boys dont
Star Vault does not harass players. If you suggest that again, you'll be removed. You are free to speak for yourself and to like or dislike what or who you like. But this kind of of rhetoric is just flat wrong.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
There are crazies but the issue is that most players dislike robmo and hate starvault.

All the lying and cheating and abuse from starvault towards all players not just your boogyman griefer who is a small fraction of the majority of the game.
a minority of the majority is vocal because we dont care about the reprisal from SV anymore. If they try to cheat or abuse me out of the game thats ok, my life would healthier?

Yeah shame on you for continuing down the same path that is making the majority of the playerbase out as the minority and slandering us?
Im in a alliance that has over 500 players which 100 are active in a game with 400 max player count. From all types of player. My guild isnt even mostly PvPers. No one likes you, everyone hates Henrik. Its not this mythical vocal minority of greifers.

Even your old guild has called you out and dislikes how you act and what you do now towards the community. Their was a poll with thousands of votes of people that disprove of your last years and even the people that wanted you as a CM said they did not like how you behaved. https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline/comments/xgzgqw
Its not healthy distorting the situation as if you are the victim of the community when you mistreat us regularly.
Im sorry that one or two people "doxxed" you when you made you private life public and open online. No one supported doxxing. But that is not even a fraction of a percent of the people that criticize you.

I was really hoping that you would just admit that their are issues instead deflect criticism. I AM NOT HERE TO BASH ANYONE BUT DENIAL IS UNACCEPTABLE.

Explain how Im destructive? I don't live near a town nor grief people but somehow I the most vocal of being critical of you am someone you want to push out of the game. WHY DO YOU WANT TO PUSH ME OUT OF THE GAME? Most people are not vocal because you censor and ban or abuse the people that speak up about the game and are scared to be vocal.

This is feedback if Im wrong for saying this or what not then just ban me from here because at this point Im tired of your warped reality killing the game.
@henrik @LGM Discord
Its just circular, give feedback. get ignored then robmo claims to be a victim when he doubles down and demonizes the community which kept this game alive. Everyone has a issue with what has been going on and just continuing to double down is why the game is doing so poorly right now.
If the majority of the players hated me, i'd be gone. It would be a no brainer for both myself and the company. You are assuming I'm calling out your "500" person alliance. I am not, I am talking about a small handful of people. Very loud group, but small.

Our policies have changed and some members of this group do not like those changes and stir up storms. With respect Tzone, you can only speak for yourself, not 500.

If you truly believe your words, then organize your big alliance and other to have me removed. I have other responsibilities in the company and I will not die if I step down. However, I stay because I am the one of the only people in the company that truly represents the players and fights for them on a DAILY basis. I realistically can only tell you what I do, but I don't see the point of me telling stories of my successes or failures as some may take that as some kind of ego trick.
I listen to feedback and so do the others in my company and I don't really see the evidence of "Robmo is hated". Prove me otherwise. We have thousands of active accounts.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
If the majority of the players hated me, i'd be gone. It would be a no brainer for both myself and the company. You are assuming I'm calling out your "500" person alliance. I am not, I am talking about a small handful of people. Very loud group, but small.

Our policies have changed and some members of this group do not like those changes and stir up storms. With respect Tzone, you can only speak for yourself, not 500.

If you truly believe your words, then organize your big alliance and other to have me removed. I have other responsibilities in the company and I will not die if I step down. However, I stay because I am the one of the only people in the company that truly represents the players and fights for them on a DAILY basis. I realistically can only tell you what I do, but I don't see the point of me telling stories of my successes or failures as some may take that as some kind of ego trick.
I listen to feedback and so do the others in my company and I don't really see the evidence of "Robmo is hated". Prove me otherwise. We have thousands of active accounts.
I commend you for coming on the forums when and where you can, and representing your positions.

@Tzone Lets be honest Robmo isn't responsible for the decision making at Star Vault from a game design perspective. I'm sure he's done stupid stuff like advocate for in game bans for saying mean things in game, or seemingly telling players one thing and the gms telling the player another thing. These are more or less petty crimes on Robmo's part and everyone does dumb things from time to time

He's also done things like advocate for a named wall of shame, he shows his face on the forums, and explains the things that hes trying to do. If you need to speak to the GM's or you have a ban he might do so on your behalf.

Robmo is human after all, nothing he has done is really worthy of "hate" and i'm sure if you just calmly explained what your position was to him he'd take the feedback, he might even give you an answer too.

Even in Henrik's case, murdering Mortal Online, isn't so egregious of a crime that he deserves hate, although I doubt I could stop the severe criticism.

Reactions: Robmo

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I had an event planned for elementailism launch but it was rejected because "lore".

I would love to do more, but my work is rejected mostly on lore or requirements for code assistance.

Hopefully we can get Community Scenarios or something similar going again to spice things up.
Lore?! What lore?

The game doesn't even present any lore to players. It's all out of game in some books or articles that don't even make sense.

It'd make sense if there was a story in it, but there's no story in the game at all!

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
Lore?! What lore?

The game doesn't even present any lore to players. It's all out of game in some books or articles that don't even make sense.

It'd make sense if there was a story in it, but there's no story in the game at all!
I can't answer that question, I am not the lore guy

manure

May 7, 2022
Robmo... Let us know ANYTHING about Thieving from "inside"... I havent heard any word on this from Henrik in like an eternity !
You probably know something,,,

Are there plans to add thieving and lockpicking on this game or not ?

Reactions: CherryKush

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Robmo... Let us know ANYTHING about Thieving from "inside"... I havent heard any word on this from Henrik in like an eternity !
You probably know something,,,

Are there plans to add thieving and lockpicking on this game or not ?
Henrik claimed thieving means killing people and looting them. I can find you the quote from Robmo about that if you don't believe me.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
Enough bashing Robmo. He did what he could. The player base of this game is so cancerous and degenerate its a miracle he didn't lose his mind dealing with them. Seriously, did anyone forget how certain individual DOSSed the server for month and months in MO1 cause they were pissed at SV? Thats the kind of crazy that plays this game. Robmo isnt the issue.

The main issue is that this game tries to hard to cater to the hard core pvp greefer. And thats who all ends up playing this game. New players come in, see how retarded most of the community is and leaves. There is nothing to do but go gank and greef other players. All the pve content is very basic. TC doesnt work. No point to actually engage in siege or pvp. The only people that stay are those that love ganking and greefing.

The game needs to find its purpose again. Something besides being a greefers paradise.
There is some truth in what you say. However, I would offer that a lot of "regular" gamers play still, and though they may be fans of PvP sandbox and even be very competitive, they are not toxic. And, moving forward, SV has made efforts to change at least the introductory part of the game to better prepare and teach new players that decide to try it out. To my mind, this is essential and is something that really should have been in place from the beginning. However, we are where we are, and SV continues to make progress (objectively speaking, and beyond dispute) even if it is not at the pace that sandbox MMORPG enthusiasts deem appropriate.

In addition, these changes, such as increased guard presence near towns, a task system, red names, and wilderness/civilized areas (with notification) are all in the best interest of all players, because they will allow the population to increase in a healthy way--and more participants makes a more exciting game.

Finally, though some decry it, subscriptions coming online have a high likelihood to make the game more healthy. Regardless of ones personal feelings or discretionary income, subscriptions will allow for continued progress on the game, reduce hackers and exploiters, and cause the most toxic among us to question if they want to risk a ban for their obnoxious behavior (due to their continued investment). There are other things too, such as guiding the players into take a certain role (in an RPG, who knew?) and reducing undue influence by maintaining several accounts.

These things, that I have briefly described above, are all very good additions for most players. By that I mean most existing players and players who will try in the future. To be clear, these changes do not cater to "cancerous and degenerate" griefer types this game has attracted. This is a very good thing, as the sooner that group moves along, the better off we will all be.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Lore?! What lore?

There is lore, its just all written in advanced Swedish only Mats can understand

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
There is some truth in what you say. However, I would offer that a lot of "regular" gamers play still, and though they may be fans of PvP sandbox and even be very competitive, they are not toxic. And, moving forward, SV has made efforts to change at least the introductory part of the game to better prepare and teach new players that decide to try it out. To my mind, this is essential and is something that really should have been in place from the beginning. However, we are where we are, and SV continues to make progress (objectively speaking, and beyond dispute) even if it is not at the pace that sandbox MMORPG enthusiasts deem appropriate.

In addition, these changes, such as increased guard presence near towns, a task system, red names, and wilderness/civilized areas (with notification) are all in the best interest of all players, because they will allow the population to increase in a healthy way--and more participants makes a more exciting game.

Finally, though some decry it, subscriptions coming online have a high likelihood to make the game more healthy. Regardless of ones personal feelings or discretionary income, subscriptions will allow for continued progress on the game, reduce hackers and exploiters, and cause the most toxic among us to question if they want to risk a ban for their obnoxious behavior (due to their continued investment). There are other things too, such as guiding the players into take a certain role (in an RPG, who knew?) and reducing undue influence by maintaining several accounts.

These things, that I have briefly described above, are all very good additions for most players. By that I mean most existing players and players who will try in the future. To be clear, these changes do not cater to "cancerous and degenerate" griefer types this game has attracted. This is a very good thing, as the sooner that group moves along, the better off we will all be.
Agreed.

However my personal feelings are that its too little too late. Not just the fact that the game has garnished a negative reputation and a lot of negative reviews, but also that the damage to the ingame economy has been done. There is so much gold floating around (mostly gotten by unfair means) that new players will never be able to catch up.
I hope i am prove wrong.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Agreed.

However my personal feelings are that its too little too late. Not just the fact that the game has garnished a negative reputation and a lot of negative reviews, but also that the damage to the ingame economy has been done. There is so much gold floating around (mostly gotten by unfair means) that new players will never be able to catch up.
I hope i am prove wrong.

that's why ICH said siege was gonna equalize. I didn't exactly agree, but I don't think he saw this as siege. It def would help! A lot of people got a lot of gold and they would prol just quit if their little city got busted. Gold is just a means anyway.

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
Agreed.

I hope i am prove wrong.
Sadly, in this very thread (not in your post, previous in the thread unless the mods have removed it), threats to SV are implied (at least). Whilst we should not underestimate the passion and the determination of SV, it is my opinion that the biggest problem has been the tolerance that SV has applied to degenerate behavior in and around their game.

The freedom that MO2 allows for play is great and a wonderful selling point, but it has/will attract those that present themselves as sadists, exploiters, and bitter whiners with a seemingly endless supply of vitriol. It is up to SV to lay down both the proverbial law and and bring that hammer down. This may cause the game to retract for a time, but will be a great boon in regard to expansion in the future.

Reactions: Xunila and Robmo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Sadly, in this very thread (not in your post, previous in the thread unless the mods have removed it), threats to SV are implied (at least). Whilst we should not underestimate the passion and the determination of SV, it is my opinion that the biggest problem has been the tolerance that SV has applied to degenerate behavior in and around their game.

The freedom that MO2 allows for play is great and a wonderful selling point, but it has/will attract those that present themselves as sadists, exploiters, and bitter whiners with a seemingly endless supply of vitriol. It is up to SV to lay down both the proverbial law and and bring that hammer down. This may cause the game to retract for a time, but will be a great boon in regard to expansion in the future.
If in a client sided game, with severe bugs, spaghetti code, terrible class design, and the clunkiest inputs in gaming history, you think the biggest problem is star vaults tolerance of negative and critical voices, then your thinking may be disordered.

Reactions: Gnidex and Tzone

Ghanburi

Dec 18, 2021
On the Withywindle
If in a client sided game, with severe bugs, spaghetti code, terrible class design, and the clunkiest inputs in gaming history, you think the biggest problem is star vaults tolerance of negative and critical voices, then your thinking may be disordered.
Critical? By all means, be critical, and constructively so. However, you'd think if you had come to the conclusion you apparently have, that you'd write a bad review and move on with your life. I mean, I can't imagine playing a game that I thought was as horrible as you describe, let alone hanging around the forums, discord, reddit, etc. In doing so, it begins to look like more like a disorder than simply justifiable criticism.

What I am really describing (at least in that post) are the threats, vailed or explicit, that tend to float around outside of the game, and also the trollish, degenerate behavior that exists within it. Threats of "quitting and taking my guild", threats of review bombing, threats of reprisal of some kind that are never fully explicit, as not to be too self-incriminating I suppose. As far as the trollish behavior is concerned, I assume there is a Venn diagram somewhere that illustrates where sadism, exploitative behavior, and nerd rage meet. Right in the center there (picture it in your mind if you will) sits a small, but significantly detrimental, portion of MO2's population. They exist there, in part, because of human nature and internet culture, but also (IMO) because SV has not done enough to remove them. I suggest that SV do so, as it is a concrete way to improve the game.

• Haha