please make player movement faster

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
Err if two people are moving at the same speed.... Hate to break it to you....

In what part did I mention everyone should run the same speed. What I was trying to explain was that we need a speed buff for character moment speed. Every race/species would be a bit faster and be able to feel like they are running. For example, instead of a Thursar running 410, they would run 440 while Alvarin would run 450 or something like that. I am talking about a slight speed change that is different for each race/species. More agile races should still be the fastest, but right now they don't feel fast. I am not saying that everyone should run the exact same. In no way or shape should everyone feel slow or even be slow. The speed we have right now, if that's the speed that we will have with a maxed out character then nobody, NOBODY would fight on foot.

It's really mind-blowing that some people like the current movement speed for characters. I feel like those people don't participate in group fights at all and just sit around in town making potions and exploring the map If everyone looked at alvarins at least and tried to actually kite, they would see how slow they are. Thursars are even slower even though they still do the most damage, they're not worth it in group fights. Because if you get outnumbered and you have to start kiting, you will die. In conclusion, we just need a slight speed buff to make diving and kiting a lot better and actually doable. If you tried to dive into a group, you would easily get stickied.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Err if two people are moving at the same speed.... Hate to break it to you....
Not that simple. The speed effects the length of time that you’re exposed while diving and returning to safety as well as the gain you have on an opponent based on their reaction to their surroundings.
Its amazing the IQ difference you can see here.

It's really mind-blowing that some people like the current movement speed for characters. I feel like those people don't participate in group fights at all and just sit around in town making potions and exploring the map If everyone looked at alvarins at least and tried to actually kite, they would see how slow they are. Thursars are even slower even though they still do the most damage, they're not worth it in group fights. Because if you get outnumbered and you have to start kiting, you will die. In conclusion, we just need a slight speed buff to make diving and kiting a lot better and actually doable. If you tried to dive into a group, you would easily get stickied.
Thats the thing man. Majority of people who speak on these issues have no idea about it.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You cannot even solo PVP since you're too slow to kite two people.
This is due to everyone moving at the same speed right now, mostly.

In what part did I mention everyone should run the same speed. What I was trying to explain was that we need a speed buff for character moment speed. Every race/species would be a bit faster and be able to feel like they are running. For example, instead of a Thursar running 410, they would run 440 while Alvarin would run 450 or something like that. I am talking about a slight speed change that is different for each race/species. More agile races should still be the fastest, but right now they don't feel fast. I am not saying that everyone should run the exact same. In no way or shape should everyone feel slow or even be slow. The speed we have right now, if that's the speed that we will have with a maxed out character then nobody, NOBODY would fight on foot.

Look up how fights looked in LiF, everyone were pretty much running at the same speed. If someone didn't want to fight they'd a vast majority of the time get away. Only way to deal with that would be using the few methods of chasing people down, a shout that made people fall over if they ran away from you(bleh), mounts, group formation speed boosts and ranged weapons.

Speed is relative, we right now have no difference in player speeds at all, when we do then sure, you'll be able to be a faster than the average character. But what happens when you run into someone who is just as fast as you? You'll end up with the same situation we have now.

If you boost character speeds by 100% of now, it doesn't matter. Since everyone will be moving at that speed so it doesn't really solve the "issue".
The only thing higher movement speeds will achieve is as as Teknique mentioned OOT, that running into a static group of people and then running out will be a much shorter affair. But, if the opponent is moving or able to move due to spacing towards your group, then more movement speed is irrelevant. Its still a relative speed and you are all moving at the same pace.

If you are thinking im against different races having different stats, then you are reading text that isn't there. Im talking about current issues, due to current state of characters.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020

Look up how fights looked in LiF, everyone were pretty much running at the same speed. If someone didn't want to fight they'd a vast majority of the time get away. Only way to deal with that would be using the few methods of chasing people down, a shout that made people fall over if they ran away from you(bleh), mounts, group formation speed boosts and ranged weapons.

Speed is relative, we right now have no difference in player speeds at all, when we do then sure, you'll be able to be a faster than the average character. But what happens when you run into someone who is just as fast as you? You'll end up with the same situation we have now.

If you boost character speeds by 100% of now, it doesn't matter. Since everyone will be moving at that speed so it doesn't really solve the "issue".
The only thing higher movement speeds will achieve is as as Teknique mentioned OOT, that running into a static group of people and then running out will be a much shorter affair. But, if the opponent is moving or able to move due to spacing towards your group, then more movement speed is irrelevant. Its still a relative speed and you are all moving at the same pace.

If you are thinking im against different races having different stats, then you are reading text that isn't there. Im talking about current issues, due to current state of characters.

that sounds stupid. like some god damn swords and sandals combat. i just scream really loud and you fall over.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020

Speed absolutely matters, my dude. The faster you are the harder you are hit/intercept. Which will work for you both offensively and defensively.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Speed absolutely matters, my dude. The faster you are the harder you are hit/intercept. Which will work for you both offensively and defensively.
I let out a mighty roar at the top of my battle-hardened lungs.

Solaire falls over trying to run away. I stand over him and say...

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020

The coward shout was the biggest bullshit ever in LiF. It only took them until the game died to fix it. basically :p

If they are running the same speed as you, it'll all relatively be the same. But speed does help with avoiding bows, magic and to an extent melee(still speeds are relative so you could still potentially step out of the way just as well as if everyone was faster but it does limit stepping out of the way of an already going swing that is in range). It'll also play a factor in moving away from mounts, who will be faster than people on foot(duh).

Solairerection

May 28, 2020

I tactically out-manouver you, by rolling into my command-tent, and then strategically out-manouver you by summoning 500 of my finest knights and they tactically outmatch you with a synchronised charge, 500v1.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
If they are running the same speed as you, it'll all relatively be the same. But speed does help with avoiding bows, magic and to an extent melee(still speeds are relative so you could still potentially step out of the way just as well as if everyone was faster but it does limit stepping out of the way of an already going swing that is in range). It'll also play a factor in moving away from mounts, who will be faster than people on foot(duh).
Speed helps a lot in any form of dodging, because speed both determines how fast you will reach somewhere, but also how far you will go in a given time. So if you want to get out of someone's melee range, speed will greatly help with that, as the faster you are the longer strides you will take, thus getting out of range faster. The counter is to be good predicting where he is going, or to have good reflexes/reactions.

Sure, if you run in a straight line out of someone's melee range and no shooting at you from afar, then no, speed will not matter. But that is not how the game is played.

Charizard

Jan 1, 2021
Speed up the game and reduce the parry radius henrik. The parrying gameplay sucks. This isn't mount and blade and I don't have 3 ping.

OR

actually make the game like mount and blade. Remove Stam, make parries useful, remove the charge, make feinting good. I'm not opposed to that.

this inbetween both games sucks

Last edited:

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Speed helps a lot in any form of dodging, because speed both determines how fast you will reach somewhere, but also how far you will go in a given time. So if you want to get out of someone's melee range, speed will greatly help with that, as the faster you are the longer strides you will take, thus getting out of range faster. The counter is to be good predicting where he is going, or to have good reflexes/reactions.

Sure, if you run in a straight line out of someone's melee range and no shooting at you from afar, then no, speed will not matter. But that is not how the game is played.
Literally what I said too.

Its willful.
The only willful thing here is you and your posse's incapability of reading anything longer than 1 sentence.

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
Make movement speed as fast as it can go while still making distance between landmarks, towns and resources meaningful and combat fluid and fun.

I get that this is more combat oriented but I'm all for a movement speed boost/stam reduction when moving on roads and paved surfaces to give more of an incentive to use roads over wild terrain, but at the risk of roads being more closely watched by PKs. Would make roads a real utility and give a fast lane between major towns.

This would also make fights on these flat surfaces play a little different to rougher terrain/tall grass and make different types of players try to move a battle into one area or another based on their preferred fighting surface.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Make movement speed as fast as it can go while still making distance between landmarks, towns and resources meaningful and combat fluid and fun.

I get that this is more combat oriented but I'm all for a movement speed boost/stam reduction when moving on roads and paved surfaces to give more of an incentive to use roads over wild terrain, but at the risk of roads being more closely watched by PKs. Would make roads a real utility and give a fast lane between major towns.

This would also make fights on these flat surfaces play a little different to rougher terrain/tall grass and make different types of players try to move a battle into one area or another based on their preferred fighting surface.

Not a bad concept, but I find this would get really buggy really fast.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020

Literally what I said too.

Literally the opposite of "Literally what I said too". You seem to seriously downplay the importance of speed in real time fighting, or are you really suggesting that if we crank the speed up by double that the average player won't suddenly struggle to keep up with his surroundings?
We aren't robots who are able to see with 0 latency everything that is going on. If you don't believe me, you can look at professional sports. Professionals with superb coordination and reflexes get out-dribbled by other professional players quite often, even though they move at a somewhat similar speed.

As said, the faster you move, the faster you will go past a players vision and the more ground you will cover. This WILL make it harder for someone with bad coordination, reflexes and situational awareness, aswell as someone with slow decision making.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
add a throwing weapon and you won't have to chase a person across the entire map =) add networks that will knock down the running speed or something like that (like RDO)