please make player movement faster

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Agreed. Its hard to tell the difference between walking and a full sprint. Imagine when it goes persistent and real kiting from town to town begins. Fights are gonna be so drawn out.

At this rate mounteds are gonna be king...as usual.

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Agreed. Its hard to tell the difference between walking and a full sprint. Imagine when it goes persistent and real kiting from town to town begins. Fights are gonna be so drawn out.

At this rate mounteds are gonna be king...as usual.

I don´t think any increase in run speed is gonna make kiting from Kranesh to GK bearable. Those concepts where you roam to a distant city and kite slowly back to your base won´t work with the world size. SV needs to address this with other changes. Mainly increasing the interest of players to fight within certain areas.

@Thread

I think movement speed could be turned up more and checked against desync.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
i think they should try turning it slightly more.
I also think they should keep how it was working in mo1 on a more noticeable way : sprinting in combat mode way faster speed, out of combat mode running getting stam, combat mode standing getting big stam, etc ... How it was in mo1

Reactions: ThaBadMan

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
I really hope they reconsider the movement speed and make it higher again. I think this will help make the game more fun but I also think certain people are underestimating how important it is from a gameplay point of view.
Fast movement, both turns and sprint, will help a player both offensively and defensively when trying to reach backlines (or move out of someone's way) but also to lose chasers by disorientating movement.

Worse players/teams are naturally slower in communication and reaction, and they are heavily favoured with the current, slower, movement-speed.

I don't really mind the jog and walk, they seem like they are fine to me, mainly sprint and turns that are very slow at the moment.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I don´t think any increase in run speed is gonna make kiting from Kranesh to GK bearable. Those concepts where you roam to a distant city and kite slowly back to your base won´t work with the world size. SV needs to address this with other changes. Mainly increasing the interest of players to fight within certain areas.

@Thread

I think movement speed could be turned up more and checked against desync.
Regardless, kiting is still going to happen frequently where people kite over long distances. It already feels like im high out of my mind while playing the game as it is with how slow the run speed and combat is/was.

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Two posts on this, someone should make a poll if they are concerned:

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I've been called a troll so many times trying to make posts that is backed up with information, simply because I'm disagreed with. It is pretty weird - though I have been noticing more people are being realistic and instead of jumping the gun and just shoving their nose in SV's crack - they actually begin to listen to all sides.

If someone isn't willing to debate with information, then yeah you can honestly just ignore it for the most part.

Just a shout out to you HYM. My experience if you're definitely opinionated, but you keep your discussions thoughtful and bring your opinions/evidence clearly, use polls etc. We definitely need more of that rather than just random shouting/low effort insulting one-liner posts, which is the forum equivalent of naked griefers driving out invested players. Takes a lot more effort to do what you do. (y)

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Just a shout out to you HYM. My experience if you're definitely opinionated, but you keep your discussions thoughtful and bring your opinions/evidence clearly, use polls etc. We definitely need more of that rather than just random shouting/low effort insulting one-liner posts, which is the forum equivalent of naked griefers driving out invested players. Takes a lot more effort to do what you do. (y)
Appreciate it.

Steinerr

May 29, 2020
More speed.

More fun.

More fun More players?.

Only one way to find out and that is testing and trying ideas that the community puts forth.

Open minds and transparency is what we need.

Reactions: Handsome Young Man

Mirteus

Nov 29, 2020
Remember how slow fresly made characters feel in MO1, like they are some dying grandpa. Now imagine how its gonna feel in MO2 with slower movement speed when we dont start with everything maxed xP. Maybe it would be better if movement speed wasnt tied to a skill + dex, instead only dex?

Last edited:

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
If you like a fight where two players run like two mountain goats, then fly into each other with their weapons raised and then go back to their needles, then yes, the speed should be raised even higher, otherwise the speed should not be touched.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
Well, in all honesty, we haven't seen clades yet. We haven't been able to choose our character age and size to see different attributes. I just feel like player speed was better before in my opinion. Some people agree, some disagree. For all I know, clades could speed up our character, maybe SV is working on improving player speed. Who knows. I feel like they could definitely improve the speed to a reasonable number so people feel like they're running and not walking the entire time. I know a lot of people are into the whole "slow-paced combat" but if you're gonna be defending your own playstyle, might as well come up with better facts right? To why the combat is perfect or good the way it is and to why player movement speed is fine, rather than saying "no speed is ok"

I know the map increased 6* in size and maybe we feel slower because of that, but if they're going to increase the map's size, they might as well show us mounteds or give us an update on how player movement speed is going to look like when the game releases into early access. Either way, the suggestion of increasing player speed isn't a bad idea and since the game is in beta, it's better to try out things now than later.

Reactions: Malathion

Malathion

May 29, 2020
If you like a fight where two players run like two mountain goats, then fly into each other with their weapons raised and then go back to their needles, then yes, the speed should be raised even higher, otherwise the speed should not be touched.
exaggerate much?

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Thats usually how these points are made. They're over exaggerated or under exaggerated.

Cant count how many times people have told me to just 'deal with' the combat and say how my suggestions would break everything. Clearly SV doesn't see it that way as they have been incrementally shifting towards faster gameplay again.