please make player movement faster

Steinerr

May 29, 2020
I have seen a player get told to "Go play quake this game is not for you" when he asked for faster combat.

Quake 24/7

• Haha
Reactions: Keurk

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
Jesus, *another* speed increase whine-fest *already*? Things just got sped up what, a week ago? Speeds fine, they need to make plate armor wearers slower, running as fast as a naked person is a bit ridiculous, and frankly, even asking to test it is a bad idea. Since we don't have mounts yet in a map that is so much bigger, everyone is hurting on travel times, so you're going to get a seriously biased response.

Reactions: bbihah

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
Jesus, *another* speed increase whine-fest *already*? Things just got sped up what, a week ago? Speeds fine, they need to make plate armor wearers slower, running as fast as a naked person is a bit ridiculous, and frankly, even asking to test it is a bad idea. Since we don't have mounts yet in a map that is so much bigger, everyone is hurting on travel times, so you're going to get a seriously biased response.

If plate armor like Tindremic Knight slows you down then no one will ever wear plate armor and the meta will legit be light armor for the rest of MO2's history. Speed is not fine but nor is it horrible or terrible. I am trying to explain and give suggestions to SV saying that I think there are ways of making player movement a lot better so that people don't feel like slugs in-game. You shouldn't even be saying speeds fine cause in reality it isn't, because it still needs work. It would just be good to test out different levels of speed for player movement in order to see which ones are good and bad, that is the whole point of an alpha/beta it's to test things out. We as players should be trying out different things and suggesting things before the game is in a persistent release.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
It really boils down to who or what scene you want.
Do you want a active and competitive combat scene you go highest possible speeds.
If you dont want a active and competitive combat scene you go low speeds.

Either way with anywhere near the current speeds, the bigger MO audience will probably not play since atm a maxed character feels like MOs fresh newly made toon in Tind gardens.

Feels like we are out of shape older people with bad backs and too heavy weapons.

Piet

May 28, 2020
It does kinda feel like running in water at the moment. But then again we don't have different ways to customize and make a faster character really yet.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
If movement speeds stay the same get ready for a dead footfighting scene and Mounted Online 2 about 3 months post-launch.

Slower speeds also makes it even more of a numbers game. The effectiveness of kite-and-kill is gonna be much weaker than MO1 on top of the already turtle-friendly combat.

At the end of the day its all about fun. I'll take a bit of desync if it makes things not such a bore.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
The game should have the option to be competitive. If you want to play your best the entire time, whether it is PvE or PvP, you should be able to choose to play like you're from an esports team. Most guilds will play competitively no matter what, but with this kind of movement speed and current combat, they will not even bother. But if you want to play casually, then play casually. As MolagAmur said, if movement speed stays the same then everyone will just play mounted and no one will be bothered to fight on foot. Point is, a faster movement speed change wouldn't be a bad idea and it's also worth a try to see how it would work out. This game is still in beta, so why not test things now? If the game comes out, we won't have this kind of opportunity ever again.

Steinerr

May 29, 2020
If movement speeds stay the same get ready for a dead footfighting scene and Mounted Online 2 about 3 months post-launch.

Slower speeds also makes it even more of a numbers game. The effectiveness of kite-and-kill is gonna be much weaker than MO1 on top of the already turtle-friendly combat.

At the end of the day its all about fun. I'll take a bit of desync if it makes things not such a bore.

Truth.

Sadly SOME people need to see this happening at the expense of SV to understand and by then numbers will tank and the reviews will come out permanently damaging its reputation. You get ONE launch that's it no one cares if its early access a sad reality.

Yet we are called "whiners" because we are not settling for an "ok" game. This is MO 2 i have higher standards and more respect for it.

We are in a testing phase change IS gonna happen and advocating for mechanics to stay the same as if they are perfect reeks of ignorance.

A game is fun and fun sells. Who Knew

Reactions: MolagAmur

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Truth.

Sadly SOME people need to see this happening at the expense of SV to understand and by then numbers will tank and the reviews will come out permanently damaging its reputation. You get ONE launch that's it no one cares if its early access a sad reality.

Yet we are called "whiners" because we are not settling for an "ok" game. This is MO 2 this shits gonna be the bomb.

We are in a testing phase change IS gonna happen and advocating for mechanics to stay the same as if they are perfect reeks of ignorance.

A game is fun and fun sells. Who Knew

This is something a lot of people don't understand. Many players have already experienced various aspects of MO1 in different states of 'balance'. Which is why when we see or hear "X is really good!" a lot of us think back to when it was similar or just like MO1 and go "no no no NO THATS BAD."

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
It seems at present, movement speed is slowed down but weapon swing speed has increased. Haven't tested it while naked so might try that later when I get the chance, and see if armour affects movement speed at all.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
This thread wouldn't even exist if mounts were in. Relax, they're coming.
i think it would exist. Mounted will be an addition and definitly a parameter to take into account. But the way it is right now, mounted will be over played because you just do not want to go somewhere on foot due to running speed.
Right now, even doing fab to krannesh is the same time as you used in MO1 to nearly run from fab to bakti. i am only exagerating slightly here but you get the point)
And many people who don't really want or enjoy playing mouted would come at this topic again saying how there is no point playing on foot.
as many people said, it is the right time now in testing phase to test it .

you

Nov 30, 2020
i think it would exist. Mounted will be an addition and definitly a parameter to take into account. But the way it is right now, mounted will be over played because you just do not want to go somewhere on foot due to running speed.
Right now, even doing fab to krannesh is the same time as you used in MO1 to nearly run from fab to bakti. i am only exagerating slightly here but you get the point)
And many people who don't really want or enjoy playing mouted would come at this topic again saying how there is no point playing on foot.
as many people said, it is the right time now in testing phase to test it .
a little early to say anything like that when u dno what mounts will play like in practice.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
a little early to say anything like that when u dno what mounts will play like in practice.
as much as saying what i answered to in my post. We just discussing things, but better anticipate potential issues and imagine a world were mounted are less favorised than they were in mo1, while we have had a smaller map, and an increased footspeed...

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I hate how slow you are in-game at the moment, makes kiting and chasing people feel like hell every time.
Would it be possible by any chance to increase player movement speed? I mean it doesn't have to be crazy fast but fast enough so it feels like you're faster while running with your weapon out. It really sucks pls fix thx.
you just need to add throwing weapons to the game =)

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
if only this were an alpha/beta forum where we discuss potential issues before they are added.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
This thread wouldn't even exist if mounts were in. Relax, they're coming.

Even if mounts existed, I would still want to see a slight buff to movement speed because it's obvious to everyone that riding even a donkey would improve traveling around the map to be much better, including combat. But, the point is that foot combat is just painfully slow and takes ages to even just kill one person no matter how skilled both opponents are in combat. That's why people opt to just zerg since it's impossible to parry 5+ people at the same time. You cannot even solo PVP since you're too slow to kite two people.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Err if two people are moving at the same speed.... Hate to break it to you....

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Err if two people are moving at the same speed.... Hate to break it to you....
Not that simple. The speed effects the length of time that you’re exposed while diving and returning to safety as well as the gain you have on an opponent based on their reaction to their surroundings.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Not that simple. The speed effects the length of time that you’re exposed while diving and returning to safety as well as the gain you have on an opponent based on their reaction to their surroundings.
Maybe so, but how is that related to anything he just said. It isn't. Why are you derailing and making arguments that are not there?