My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The problem is at that point you will have generated more work then it would be to just populate the existing world.
Yes they could put stuff in the game to fill the dead space. But the world will always still be too big for the player base Sv is going to be able to hold. Because honestly at this point, theres nothing SV can do to get anywhere near launch pop again. I'd be really impressed if they could even get back to 1k average. And as I said in my post, the other issue is SV's servers cant even handle what the world was meant for. They can fill out this dead empty world all they want but it was still made for 8k players, which it doesnt have.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
The world wouldn't be a problem if the ecosystem concept was better achieved.
MO1 did have smaller map and we could say the different ecosystem bubbles" or áreas connected somewhat organically, imagine people already were saying back then that the map was just too big with barren lands.

The amount and quality of things you can do pve wise around towns is absolutly garbage. PVE is total dog ass, i truly don't know who enjoys semi afk gathering or broken AI.

If at least the world had more complex, and better placed points of interest the game would be a completly different thing.
Then the fact people is not encouraged to travel the world because its not rewarding, because they can gather granum inside town or they need to travel 5 minutes to bandits.

Believe me, you wouldn't notice the map is big if they developed the ecosystems".
I get what your saying,this world could feel a lot better. but the issue of raw travel time would still be there. So if you wanted to go to a different eco system, to get some special thing you can get there, etc its still a long ass ride which most people don't want to do.

Even MO1's map on foot. I have memories of having some siege or fight coming up. So its log in and wait to leave. Then we all leave and slowly walk our asses across the world for 45 mins. Ends up being several hours for like a hopefully cool 20 min fight. In MO2 this would be even worse.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The flag system is well bad. I thought I would give it a try but the original 5 murders and red was the better system. Flat out better in every way.
[/QUOTE

dunno why more people dont understand why the name of a murderer would hafto be red in order for the criminal system thats in place to work properly.

aiky83

Apr 10, 2021
leave? For what? this was our home. We have right speak about we feel. You not like it?

amelia, come MO1 ajjaja we will make fishing house in tindrem and speak about our old days ok? xd

There. You said it yourself. MO1 was your home.

You veterans want it to be that game again i can understand that.
But no matter how much you cry for the map to be smaller and whatever change to bring back that instant action PvP, this game isnt supposed to be that.
If they wernt technically limited back in the day MO1 would have turned out otherwise too.
Its an open world sandbox hardcore mmo with full loot, no a pvp game with some medieval fluff built around it.

There should be a wipe.
There should be a major remake of the economy where take more than a week to gather everything you need for a month.
There should be way more complex systems, weather, crafting, magic.
There should be working faction systems etc etc.
In short there should be a working and cohesive "world".
Right now everything is kinda copy/paste from MO1, thats why it radiates the impression of MO1 with a new skin.

When our goal is to set foot on the moon we are at the stage where the apes leave africa to turn into humans one day.

And here come the veterans "moon sucks, moon doesnt work, moon to big" "lets go back where we came from and beat ourselfs with some sticks and stones"

Thats why i said leave, cause no matter how much you believe in what you think is right for this game is not up to you to decide, thats still SV's decision.
Either they cave in and turn it back to that battlefield sized battle royale "game" or they follow through with what they set out do in the first place, to build a living world.
It's up to THEM and i really hope they go for their vision and not for what you veterans desire.

Go play Gloria Vitis or AoC once its out, instead of butchering this to please your MO1 1200 ppl playerbase.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
is reason instances is used for all MMO. If they can generate one dungeon with boss that is necesary 100 guys for survive, the system is failed. Seriosly you think that guilds as North Order, ES, KOTO, LEGION, have problems for make all dungeons fast and easy?
I think the boss isn't supposed to be "the boss". The boss is all the other people who want to kill him. Unfortunately now you rarely see other people.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Flag system
Its just stupid .... there is no other way to say it. Stupid.
Flag is ought to be part of friend/foe ID but in SV implementation its useless. Totally useless and misleading and in fact does not do what it ought to do by design. 4 or5 min grey flag is useless. There is no perma grey or red for multiple murder.
Its very hard to ID player riding fast on horse. Sometimes target just zoom out or past you due to server lag or it impossible to read because horse is much larger and there is no delay to target read like in MO1.
If you manage to keep cursor on target it will first show you grey name then turn to real color, then show you title then maybe guild name and it will be covered by cursor....
Sometimes I have significant delay on ID and often (like 99%) I dont get in time ID on incoming player.
So if I (for example) farming bandits and I see from far approaching player I have no choice but disengage from MOB.
First I can read his tag unless its too late for me to react.
His color is useless. Even he is RPK but have not pk anyone for 4min. his color is blue. I could guess his attention by his guild tag but its really hard.
Target ID ought to take in account people with less then perfect vision. Player should have ability to set of size target ID and turn title off

Fighting system.

It irritates hell out of me the way weapon switch is done in MO. Because timer depends on lag I personally have problem to do it. MO is only game I know with such lame weapon switch

Single chat slot.
I really dont know how to address it... politely.
At this stage of the game (less face it. its in beta if not alfa) players need at list 2 char slots to try different classes/races and configurations.
With one slot players either locked in one type or in endless re-rolls and locked out of end game.
Personally I know at list 4 players that quit game because of this reason

Unfortunately I see less and less people in the game, a lot of houses and strong holds disappear.

Reactions: Hodo and Ibarruri

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020

But no matter how much you cry for the map to be smaller and whatever change to bring back that instant action PvP, this game isnt supposed to be that.
If they wernt technically limited back in the day MO1 would have turned out otherwise too.
Its an open world sandbox hardcore mmo with full loot, no a pvp game with some medieval fluff built around it.

There should be a wipe.
There should be a major remake of the economy where take more than a week to gather everything you need for a month.
Right now everything is kinda copy/paste from MO1, thats why it radiates the impression of MO1 with a new skin.

When our goal is to set foot on the moon we are at the stage where the apes leave africa to turn into humans one day.

And here come the veterans "moon sucks, moon doesnt work, moon to big" "lets go back where we came from and beat ourselfs with some sticks and stones"

Thats why i said leave, cause no matter how much you believe in what you think is right for this game is not up to you to decide, thats still SV's decision.
Either they cave in and turn it back to that battlefield sized battle royale "game" or they follow through with what they set out do in the first place, to build a living world.
It's up to THEM and i really hope they go for their vision and not for what you veterans desire.

Go play Gloria Vitis or AoC once its out, instead of butchering this to please your MO1 1200 ppl playerbase.
For me the problem Is not the big map or the instant pvp or other things mentioned above. The problem Is that too many things doesnt works or are bugged and , it's sadly clear , that SV Is not able to solve that . It's, how many years ? I Lost the count, 13 ? That the mo Song Is: introduce a patch/ something doesnt work/ introduce a new patch that solve the bug/ but a new bug appear....and so on for all this time. This Is frustrating.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
probably been said already , but dam , take mo1 , add better graphics , add bigger size map , remove 20 sources of content , add 10 source of other content , remove 10 bugs , add another 20 other bugs and problem , and you got mo2 ...

i never understood that hey added tc building and not sieging ...

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

There should be a wipe.

First of all. You are not going to tell me or any veteran where we can go. You are not in a position to do it.
Second. MO2 is as much my home as MO1 was here before you wore diapers, so have respect.
Third, I'm not trashing anything. I have been an enthusiastic supporter of this project since before you knew it existed, as have many of us who have been here a decade or more. In fact, if the veterans leave this community en masse, the MO would disappear, because they are more than 60% of the population.
none of what you have cited as "a problem" is a problem for me. I've specified my opinions, and if you don't like them, you can kiss my ass.
I have earned the right to say what I want, I have worked hard in this world and created content for a long time. What have you done? come here and tell me what to think?

Learn to respect and go change your diapers with the rest of the brats. I have nothing more to add. You know nothing about our world.

Reactions: Hodo and Teknique

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
First of all. You are not going to tell me or any veteran where we can go. You are not in a position to do it.
Second. MO2 is as much my home as MO1 was here before you wore diapers, so have respect.
Third, I'm not trashing anything. I have been an enthusiastic supporter of this project since before you knew it existed, as have many of us who have been here a decade or more. In fact, if the veterans leave this community en masse, the MO would disappear, because they are more than 60% of the population.
none of what you have cited as "a problem" is a problem for me. I've specified my opinions, and if you don't like them, you can kiss my ass.
I have earned the right to say what I want, I have worked hard in this world and created content for a long time. What have you done? come here and tell me what to think?

Learn to respect and go change your diapers with the rest of the brats. I have nothing more to add. You know nothing about our world.
No need to explain yourself mate. This is him and those other few 100 people standing around in towns doing nothing with a whole empty world full of nothing, half implemented mechanics, broken systems, non-existent economy...non existent anything other than naked town duels and standing around afk.
this-is-fine-its-fine.gif

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
No need to explain yourself mate. This is him and those other few 100 people standing around in towns doing nothing with a whole empty world full of nothing, half implemented mechanics, broken systems, non-existent economy...non existent anything other than naked town duels and standing around afk.
View attachment 4625

Now its the time to farm an horde materials, because all are in town afk-ing, after late september we will see a spike in pop and then its time to sell :coffee:

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Now its the time to farm an horde materials, because all are in town afk-ing, after late september we will see a spike in pop and then its time to sell :coffee:

Yes, maybe, but... at this point I think that is no longer enough motivation to continue. After all, most of the big guilds have farmed mountains of resources, generating monstrous inflation. I think it's going to be hard for all that gold and materials to ever be burned no matter how much pop comes back (if it comes back...) I think the last pop boom will be when they put in siege weapons and TC. In a year (or two) if that doesn't work properly it will all be over.

Reactions: Hodo

aiky83

Apr 10, 2021

Respect is not something you claim its something you earn.
And allow me to correct you on the fact that my ex's little boy wore diapers back when mo1 was released, im not into that, nor kissing someones ass.
The big problem imo you fail to acknowledge as you say yourself is that you are under the impression that the veterans is all there is and if you cater to their needs everything would be fine.
Yea you are right im no mo1 veteran as back then i was still into daoc, planetside 1, warhammer online and only played mo1 at release for a short time.
And as i said i understand that you want your game back, as much as i want planetside 1 to be remade and planetside 2 eradicated from existance for the abomination it is. But i also learned that the sequel is just another type of game and no matter how much you complain it will not change.

Reactions: grendel

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
If you think this next patch will bring alot of people your mistaken. Some will return , see that nothing else changed and that you cant even have one of the main features in your house necro related.

In 2 weeks we are back to the numbers we are now. And then,by the time this project polish ends(they claim to be around 2 months of no content patch so in reality will be until the end of year cuz SV) there will be 500 playing at best.

Then i can really phantom how Henrik is so sure that people will flock back after TC is realized in 2 Years.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

There should be a wipe.

Cool and you can play mo 2 by yourself nublet. At least mo 1 took 10 years to die.

You guys who just show up in a game and show complete ignorance to the origin of the game and gameplay are in for a rude awakening. It’s like when command and conquer 4 stopped being an rts. Or Disney released the Star Wars sequels and ret conned everything.

Of course there were the legions of uncultured swine who applauded the “refreshing change of direction”. Sadly pleasing a few non-fans at the expensive of your lifelong fans is a terrible idea.

The game is objectively garbage you never played the better version so why talk?

The game is so bad they can’t even charge a sun for it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo and Gnidex

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
If you think this next patch will bring alot of people your mistaken. Some will return , see that nothing else changed and that you cant even have one of the main features in your house necro related.

In 2 weeks we are back to the numbers we are now. And then,by the time this project polish ends(they claim to be around 2 months of no content patch so in reality will be until the end of year cuz SV) there will be 500 playing at best.

Then i can really phantom how Henrik is so sure that people will flock back after TC is realized in 2 Years.
I think I read on discord, that the plan is to make a new marketing push when the game releases on epic store(whatever that is). Till then, I'm sure numbers will be stagnant at best. They put a hold on marketing till their product is good. I aint worried, I am patient, and am sure that in good time, MO2 will be an extraordinary good and unique mmorpg. I also read, in the same post - by the community manager I think - that they pretty much owned up to many of the mistakes made during and after launch.

Even though they should probably have postponed launch for a year, I am kinda happy they didnt, I enjoy playing MO2 and I am not overly worried for its future.
ps: Due to inflation I would like a new currency with serial numbers issued. Maybe the old gold coins could be melted down to gold bars and used for crafting - but not exchanged.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Well Im olso dispointed about the hole MMORPG genre because there is no game that can satisfy me from a PVP point of view, i like bursty pvp, with hard cap skill and a lot of randomnes around the open world in the time of the fight, MO2 doesnt have that for me pvp sucks, but i like to play it for other reason like its diferent, its hard (full loot pvp), I love pets and wait the beast master update and when i log in to the game i dont see a pop up that tells me how much dollars i can spend.
MO2 pvp would to be good for me if it was as fast as you kill horses now, but you dont see me complaining, I just accept it as it is.

On the other hand i dont know about you I play 2 games at once so when things go slow here I just log my Albion Toon and if Im trying realy hard I can make 5 kills and 5 death in 5 minutes, I know its not the best at what i love but its decent
and
some big name coming up this year like WOTLK clasic coming few weeks will keep me occupied, same for Thore and Liberty its pay to win, by the time i finish i estimate that MO2 pop will go up

TC will not solve anything like everyone here says it seems to me that you guys are like TC is a god and by TC descending over MO2 world all will be saved 🤣 , the only thing that i predict about TC is that sige wepons will be pulled by some heavy mounts that only tamers can use :coffee:.

Inflation its sucks, wanted to buy a good amulet it was selling for 3k and after i got the gold they were asking for 50k wtf🤬, i saw it in other games to and it was fixed and it gone down after a year.

There is no buttom line, Good Luck.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Well Im olso dispointed about the hole MMORPG genre because there is no game that can satisfy me from a PVP point of view, i like bursty pvp, with hard cap skill and a lot of randomnes around the open world in the time of the fight, MO2 doesnt have that for me pvp sucks, but i like to play it for other reason like its diferent, its hard (full loot pvp), I love pets and wait the beast master update and when i log in to the game i dont see a pop up that tells me how much dollars i can spend.
MO2 pvp would to be good for me if it was as fast as you kill horses now, but you dont see me complaining, I just accept it as it is.

On the other hand i dont know about you I play 2 games at once so when things go slow here I just log my Albion Toon and if Im trying realy hard I can make 5 kills and 5 death in 5 minutes, I know its not the best at what i love but its decent
and
some big name coming up this year like WOTLK clasic coming few weeks will keep me occupied, same for Thore and Liberty its pay to win, by the time i finish i estimate that MO2 pop will go up

TC will not solve anything like everyone here says it seems to me that you guys are like TC is a god and by TC descending over MO2 world all will be saved 🤣 , the only thing that i predict about TC is that sige wepons will be pulled by some heavy mounts that only tamers can use :coffee:.

Inflation its sucks, wanted to buy a good amulet it was selling for 3k and after i got the gold they were asking for 50k wtf🤬, i saw it in other games to and it was fixed and it gone down after a year.

There is no buttom line, Good Luck.

yea I was v upset when they messed w/ combat, reverted, and left it alone. I understand dev time is limited, but I dunno why they haven't found out a way to make pvp more cut throat but less ping reliant. The whole game is off because of a few simple things.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
I think I read on discord, that the plan is to make a new marketing push when the game releases on epic store(whatever that is). Till then, I'm sure numbers will be stagnant at best. They put a hold on marketing till their product is good. I aint worried, I am patient, and am sure that in good time, MO2 will be an extraordinary good and unique mmorpg. I also read, in the same post - by the community manager I think - that they pretty much owned up to many of the mistakes made during and after launch.

Even though they should probably have postponed launch for a year, I am kinda happy they didnt, I enjoy playing MO2 and I am not overly worried for its future.
ps: Due to inflation I would like a new currency with serial numbers issued. Maybe the old gold coins could be melted down to gold bars and used for crafting - but not exchanged.
Thats Henrik at his best. I dont say he doesnt care about this game but hes first and foremost a sellsman.

Sometimes i feel hes still in 2010. Asmongold tried this game in beta , he delivered his setence. The people that wanted to play this type of games already bought the game and that bridge is already burnt.
Epic store? Seriously..i game for 25years and i didnt even knew Epic had a store..who even uses that? I bet if you ask 10k people less than 1% bought a game there.

How else will they promote? Pay big streamers? For what? Jonahveil was the biggest streamer this game had and it almost destroyed his twitch career. The man had 700 viewers and there was a point he had 200 and didnt even recuperate. He was a whiner and crybaby sure but this game almost broke his income lol. No decent streamer will come to this game.