My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
it's a matter of balance, ofc if you only spawn one as-strong-as boss minotaur (maybe without good reward on it) for 20 people and 100 people, than you designed it wrong, and with time IA & abilities of these additional spawners could be random.

I puked at "instanced".
let's just destroy the economy even more by allowing more rare bosses per hour ... alts farming didn't teach you a lesson?
if you want a good economy, you have to limit resources, not the other way around.

limit the resources? with actual system big guilds can farming all days bosses with 0.0 effort or risk and take all. Not need limit the resources you need make take i will be dificult, much more dificult. is reason instances is used for all MMO. If they can generate one dungeon with boss that is necesary 100 guys for survive, the system is failed. Seriosly you think that guilds as North Order, ES, KOTO, LEGION, have problems for make all dungeons fast and easy?

Reactions: Najwalaylah

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Despite its issues, I enjoy playing MO2, just like I enjoyed playing MO1, despite is other issues. I dont need to write what issues there are, they have already been covered.... errmmm maybe except the need for a new currency, seeing as so much "corrupt" gold is ingame, a new coin would be good.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Hmm... because I dont recall MO1 with the same rose tinted glasses as you do I am some kind of MO2 fanboy? Well then call me a fanboy. Because MO2 is objectively in a better state than MO1 was at this same point. Now that is not to say that MO2 has a LOT of issues still. The flagging system is hot trash as pointed out previously. The economy is a mess. Combat is a meme of its former self. And the complete lack of siege is a criminal action at this point.

No Necromancy isnt going to fix anything, yes it will bring broken pets into the game. But perhaps it will fix some of the bugs, as they say it is going to be filled with bug fixes, but we shall see on that.

The difference between you and I is I am a realist. I see things for what they are.

In my opinion the MO2 is in a state of no return that I never saw in the mo1, except in its early stages. It pains me to say this, but the game is headed for disaster and all of us veterans are on this bandwagon watching impassively as the end draws near and no one seems to want to do anything about it.
I'm actually embarrassed to write this. As a fan of the world of myrland and someone who's been here for ages, I find it humiliating to admit that my favorite MMO world is falling apart. But I felt it was time for me to do or at least say something.
I have respect for starvult and for the boys, I always cheered and encouraged them, but at this point the positivism is no longer reason to be. Henrik needs to meet with the community, listen to active players and guilds and understand what they are looking for.
That someone like me enters steam and decides to go to MO1, because MO2 no longer amuses him, it is a dangerous and terrible sign that something is going very wrong. The other day I just walked in and realized that it was impossible to do anything. For someone like me, I see that it no longer makes sense to be active and the worst thing is that I see more and more people in the same situation, mercenaries, guilds, warriors, assassins, spies, thieves, kings, warlords, it's as if Our whole world is slipping down the drain. It feels frighteningly close to the decline and ruin of our world in mo1 and to be honest it makes me very unhappy.
Strongly agree that it's a shame the game came out at launch as a finished game (it wasn't a beta at launch) and no TC and siege weapons. It is an atrocity. Sorry Henrik, if you're reading this don't hate me, you're a nice guy, but you broke 9000 promises, including a personal comment you made to me in the early days of the game's alpha.

sorry everyone for my frustrated tone, I expected to play this game until my retirement and live great adventures and I am totally disappointed. I wish someone would prove me wrong, I'm an idiot, and there are plenty of reasons for optimism. Please do it.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Despite its issues, I enjoy playing MO2, just like I enjoyed playing MO1, despite is other issues. I dont need to write what issues there are, they have already been covered.... errmmm maybe except the need for a new currency, seeing as so much "corrupt" gold is ingame, a new coin would be good.
another coin to dupe, thats nice

• Haha

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli

The new currency... I tried to do it. I knew that the whole dupe movement and all that was going to happen, and I tried to equip us with a weapon. Unfortunately I was not listened to and starvault did not give me the tools to create a coin. This is the result.
For the rest, it is necessary (more than ever) to talk about what is going wrong.

If we don't do it before the end of the year, 500 people will be left playing (hopefully)

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
- Quality of life.
It's terrible. Only to travel from Meduli to MK it takes 40 minutes (one way) and another 40 (return). If you want to go from north to south you need 1 full hour (one way) and another to return (return). It is an atrocity. In a world where people can put maybe 4-5 hours into the game daily, massive time is wasted just to get to the destination.
The mounts are horrible. Our weak horses are slow, small and clumsy. They are a pitiful means of transportation. You can't create a gigantic map and barely increase the speed of your pets. It is nonsense.
Everything you said in your post was spot on. but this line resonates with me the most. I hate the big world. Its so boring. Even if pvp was actually good, pve was actually good, the game actually had content, etc. This would still make every aspect of the game worse until the day it dies. Which at this rate will come sooenr rather than later. They made the entire world in a matter of months. Most of it feels random generated, with asset store towns, like Fab/Haven, which is a straight asset pack. SV should just wipe the world, refund TC, and put in a new myrland closer in size to MO1. This would be am uch better base. And if the pop is ever too big (which it wont be), they can use instances. Launch proved that the big world serves no purpose, because the servers cant handle the big numbers anyway. They said current myrland was made to hold 10k players. the servers can barely handle 2k. There's no reason for us to haev a world bigger than for 1k concurrent players.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
In my opinion the MO2 is in a state of no return that I never saw in the mo1, except in its early stages. It pains me to say this, but the game is headed for disaster and all of us veterans are on this bandwagon watching impassively as the end draws near and no one seems to want to do anything about it.
I'm actually embarrassed to write this. As a fan of the world of myrland and someone who's been here for ages, I find it humiliating to admit that my favorite MMO world is falling apart. But I felt it was time for me to do or at least say something.
I have respect for starvult and for the boys, I always cheered and encouraged them, but at this point the positivism is no longer reason to be. Henrik needs to meet with the community, listen to active players and guilds and understand what they are looking for.
That someone like me enters steam and decides to go to MO1, because MO2 no longer amuses him, it is a dangerous and terrible sign that something is going very wrong. The other day I just walked in and realized that it was impossible to do anything. For someone like me, I see that it no longer makes sense to be active and the worst thing is that I see more and more people in the same situation, mercenaries, guilds, warriors, assassins, spies, thieves, kings, warlords, it's as if Our whole world is slipping down the drain. It feels frighteningly close to the decline and ruin of our world in mo1 and to be honest it makes me very unhappy.
Strongly agree that it's a shame the game came out at launch as a finished game (it wasn't a beta at launch) and no TC and siege weapons. It is an atrocity. Sorry Henrik, if you're reading this don't hate me, you're a nice guy, but you broke 9000 promises, including a personal comment you made to me in the early days of the game's alpha.

sorry everyone for my frustrated tone, I expected to play this game until my retirement and live great adventures and I am totally disappointed. I wish someone would prove me wrong, I'm an idiot, and there are plenty of reasons for optimism. Please do it.
Apparently they have been hearing out some" people, and from what i've been told its mostly noobs (non vets)

But those are just rumors, it would make sense its like that tho, since all the changes that have been taking place lately seem something only a noob would think of.

Rubens my friend, i know you mean the best but you can't trust Henrique at all, i will never understand why he does it but he promises everything and delivers a fraction of what was promised at best.

I can live with broken promises from a CEO that don't know how to relate with the community. Its okay if theres no mounted bears and garbage like that noobs loves to ask for.

But every single system in the game is broken and placeholder, theres nothing round. At all, nothing. Used to think combat is somewhat round, but fuck me its not.
Absolutly everything is just a portion of what should be, many features are completly isolated from eachother, theres no testing of the features being added.
Apparently theres a test team now so lets see how does necromancy comes out, and lets see how guilds in the test team exploit the fuck outa the game being allowed by the staff.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Legendary weapons - Oh man what a joke that was. Meanwhile, lance blunt damage does not work properly. Mounted Combat is literally a waste of points. But yes, farm bandits and shit so you can get a stupid etching tool to get premade lines in your sword that you cant even really fucking see!

I painfully agree. Since I was a craftsman at ICH, it's terribly painful for me, as a professional weapon maker, to find out that one of the features I wanted the most (legendary weapons) turned out to be an absolute wreck.
The most humiliating thing for me is that in the alpha I talked to Henrik for a whole afternoon while playing with him in fabernum and he promised me that the crafting system would be wonderful and that the legendary weapons (he knew I was obsessed with that) would be fabulous with multitude of options. I'm not lying. Nor do I intend to fill Henrik with garbage, I appreciate him, but he personally made me a promise and has broken it in a very humiliating way for me. But ok that's fine, I'm not the center of the world. Just say...
If your system is crap, why implement it? Why not wait until you have something great and show it later? Why call a system of legendary weapons to an absurd and poorly designed system? And most importantly. Who is the person who has had the responsibility of designing the legendary weapons crafting system? Has that person ever met with veteran crafters like Ichorus (for example) to ask for their opinions? Did they do any kind of consultation with the community?
No, they just created some bullshit and released it. I'm sorry starvault, excuse me, but this is a hard and uncomfortable truth.

God, I feel so ridiculous. Dammit.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Everything you said in your post was spot on. but this line resonates with me the most. I hate the big world. Its so boring. Even if pvp was actually good, pve was actually good, the game actually had content, etc. This would still make every aspect of the game worse until the day it dies. Which at this rate will come sooenr rather than later. They made the entire world in a matter of months. Most of it feels random generated, with asset store towns, like Fab/Haven, which is a straight asset pack. SV should just wipe the world, refund TC, and put in a new myrland closer in size to MO1. This would be am uch better base. And if the pop is ever too big (which it wont be), they can use instances. Launch proved that the big world serves no purpose, because the servers cant handle the big numbers anyway. They said current myrland was made to hold 10k players. the servers can barely handle 2k. There's no reason for us to haev a world bigger than for 1k concurrent players.
The world wouldn't be a problem if the ecosystem concept was better achieved.
MO1 did have smaller map and we could say the different ecosystem bubbles" or áreas connected somewhat organically, imagine people already were saying back then that the map was just too big with barren lands.

The amount and quality of things you can do pve wise around towns is absolutly garbage. PVE is total dog ass, i truly don't know who enjoys semi afk gathering or broken AI.

If at least the world had more complex, and better placed points of interest the game would be a completly different thing.
Then the fact people is not encouraged to travel the world because its not rewarding, because they can gather granum inside town or they need to travel 5 minutes to bandits.

Believe me, you wouldn't notice the map is big if they developed the ecosystems".

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Apparently they have been hearing out some" people, and from what i've been told its mostly noobs (non vets)

But those are just rumors, it would make sense its like that tho, since all the changes that have been taking place lately seem something only a noob would think of.

Rubens my friend, i know you mean the best but you can't trust Henrique at all, i will never understand why he does it but he promises everything and delivers a fraction of what was promised at best.

I can live with broken promises from a CEO that don't know how to relate with the community. Its okay if theres no mounted bears and garbage like that noobs loves to ask for.

But every single system in the game is broken and placeholder, theres nothing round. At all, nothing. Used to think combat is somewhat round, but fuck me its not.
Absolutly everything is just a portion of what should be, many features are completly isolated from eachother, theres no testing of the features being added.
Apparently theres a test team now so lets see how does necromancy comes out, and lets see how guilds in the test team exploit the fuck outa the game being allowed by the staff.

I'll be honest with you, Albanjo, that the next patch brings a school of magic seems to me...it's absurd.
I mean...
The game is falling apart, we have more and more people abandoning it. Content is added that fails in a resounding way and... why do they add more magic?
It is NOT what we need.
The priority must be the immediate creation of a good TC system and siege weapons. It's just something urgent, it's almost desperate, by the time the first patches with that content arrive maybe in a year, we know there will be countless patches, bugs and it will take another 3-4-5 months to polish it. By then this MMO will be in its coffin.
It's a tragedy. Of course the magic in the MO was very valuable and important but right now, the situation is so critical that I just don't understand why they are doing this. Has no sense. It's surreal. In his last stream henrik showed...MORE CREATURES.

This can't be happening again.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I would hope that a new currency would have serial numbers on each coin, to prevent/or at least monitor counterfeit villains.
very hard to achieve with the current game's design, it would required them for actually do something instead of copying it.

• Haha

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

The biggest issue with that idea is it would take months of work to rescale the world down and testing to see what NEW bugs are created by the change of size, then getting the nav mesh to work for the new size so AI NPCs can walk around on it without walking through mountains. (more so than they already do.)

The problem is at that point you will have generated more work then it would be to just populate the existing world. But then you run into a memory issue. The server takes longer to start up because MO2 is most likely 100 times more data than MO1 was. MO1 is roughly 19.9gb on the client side, hell that is a fraction of the size MW5 is at 81GB or even DCS which is 105GB on my PC and neither of those are MMOs.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I'll be honest with you, Albanjo, that the next patch brings a school of magic seems to me...it's absurd.
I mean...
The game is falling apart, we have more and more people abandoning it. Content is added that fails in a resounding way and... why do they add more magic?
It is NOT what we need.
The priority must be the immediate creation of a good TC system and siege weapons. It's just something urgent, it's almost desperate, by the time the first patches with that content arrive maybe in a year, we know there will be countless patches, bugs and it will take another 3-4-5 months to polish it. By then this MMO will be in its coffin.
It's a tragedy. Of course the magic in the MO was very valuable and important but right now, the situation is so critical that I just don't understand why they are doing this. Has no sense. It's surreal. In his last stream henrik showed...MORE CREATURES.

This can't be happening again.

Well ill explain you what happened. After massive roadmap delays due to clear server problematics since launch everything has been delayed more, people were demanding more content, meaningfull content so they would feel like still playing the game.

First SV thought (because some simpletons told them) that people were quitting due to the lack of player behavior punishment, which wasnt true (entirely, theres obviously people that don't like the whole concept of the game and they find out while playing it).

Happens people was quitting due to stupid ass repetitive pve and nothing to do except endless farming and some shit tier spinning duels.
They add hardbrakes to criminal playstyles, more people quits.

They add some quality of life features, minor but requested and expected. Too late.

Then, they realize people wanted content to keep playing so they made this 2 minute coding bounty system that does not work and its absolute broken garbage nobody uses except for exploiting.
With the hope that would make the "blues" feel better with the illusion of justice about killing" murderers, which was a lie lmao, its the most unrewarding pile of shit this game has lmao.

Then after the failure of a bounty system that some people were asking for (can't blame the poor fucks didn't knew it was going to be shite) they introduce trinckets, gold-timesink to make people invested in the game.

And people did log in, how SV rewards the active ones?
By letting them farm broken shit till they fix it leaving the results of pre-patch mechanics, a broken economy.

Then this thing whats legal and whats not, letting some people do some things with exception to the rules is just another un-professional shitter scenario. This is why no company role should be in hands of players, except maybe testing and in open-public scenario.
But do we really wanna repeat the same as in MO1? Players given the space to push for mechanics to favor their playstyle and groups, unfair broken favors and as much shady shit as you can imagine.

People still wants content, because trinckets are shit. Just another broken mechanic for certain people to get rich in the first weeks of pre-nerf.

So SV says, "fine we will make necromancy since its really strong content and it took too many years to deliver in MO1 so we will add it relatively fast into MO2 and people will be happy".

So far Henrique streams about necro are dog ass, but i won't get really judgemental till i see the actual patch.

They said now, after super delayed development that they gonna focus on polishing and bug fixing after Necro.
Every time they said "polishing and bug fixing" ment they would go into dormant mode with a minimum development delivering super thin bug fixes that will most likely won't fix anything, not making this shit up seen it chronically in MO1.

At this time it doesn't matter what they say, they need to generate positive results which they have been failing to deliver since launch.

It feels they don't take anything seriously, everything is placeholder, shitty design and even worse implementation. Feels like they don't wanna use their money for the proyect, what can i say. Apparently they have a lot of funding but development is worse than MO1, and MO1 according to some didn't had any funding and it was a piss poor indie company struggling to deliver a niche skill based" mmorpg.

If they want people to cut em some slack they need to be cristal clear with their development, show whos working, on what and deliver results.

Otherwise they just create massive expectations on streams and they never deliver. Imagine if they don't create expectations when you see noobs saying shit like "when boats come..." in helpchat.

What do you think hyped noobs gonna do when they find out boats have been comming for the past 10 years roflmao.

Last edited:

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

I wish I could have your optimism for MO1 but I feel its issues soured it for me. From the database breaches, hacks, dupes, crashes, bugs, poor performance, crap meta of the month builds, and the limited size really kind of left me wanting. I mean if things dont turn around I am more than willing to take a break and come back in a few months to a year like I did with MO1. I still have DCS.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Its noobs,

I'm a force user you can trust me.

There's the dark lord of the noobs and his annoying apprentice who does the majority of saying dumbshit.
give us names you won't get banned or anything nobody reads these forums.