My analysis on the state of the game. A sad reality that we must address.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
THE INTERNET promotes itself. Every heard of the game don't shit your pants? lol. Nah, but we got forums and youtube... 'we' (why am I saying we?) don't need to hire people, they should spend the money making the game good. Then people will play. Henrik has said that his game has plenty of money so that's good.

MO is a diff type of game. The bent toward treating it like another MMO in marketing is another reason for it's lack of success IMO.

Bigbadwolff

Mar 29, 2021
Thats Henrik at his best. I dont say he doesnt care about this game but hes first and foremost a sellsman.

Sometimes i feel hes still in 2010. Asmongold tried this game in beta , he delivered his setence. The people that wanted to play this type of games already bought the game and that bridge is already burnt.
Epic store? Seriously..i game for 25years and i didnt even knew Epic had a store..who even uses that? I bet if you ask 10k people less than 1% bought a game there.

How else will they promote? Pay big streamers? For what? Jonahveil was the biggest streamer this game had and it almost destroyed his twitch career. The man had 700 viewers and there was a point he had 200 and didnt even recuperate. He was a whiner and crybaby sure but this game almost broke his income lol. No decent streamer will come to this game.

Who is Jonahveil? :unsure::coffee: hm.... :unsure: Who is Asmongold?

• Haha
Reactions: Hodo

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
There. You said it yourself. MO1 was your home.

You veterans want it to be that game again i can understand that.
But no matter how much you cry for the map to be smaller and whatever change to bring back that instant action PvP, this game isnt supposed to be that.
If they wernt technically limited back in the day MO1 would have turned out otherwise too.
Its an open world sandbox hardcore mmo with full loot, no a pvp game with some medieval fluff built around it.

There should be a wipe.
There should be a major remake of the economy where take more than a week to gather everything you need for a month.
There should be way more complex systems, weather, crafting, magic.
There should be working faction systems etc etc.
In short there should be a working and cohesive "world".
Right now everything is kinda copy/paste from MO1, thats why it radiates the impression of MO1 with a new skin.

When our goal is to set foot on the moon we are at the stage where the apes leave africa to turn into humans one day.

And here come the veterans "moon sucks, moon doesnt work, moon to big" "lets go back where we came from and beat ourselfs with some sticks and stones"

Thats why i said leave, cause no matter how much you believe in what you think is right for this game is not up to you to decide, thats still SV's decision.
Either they cave in and turn it back to that battlefield sized battle royale "game" or they follow through with what they set out do in the first place, to build a living world.
It's up to THEM and i really hope they go for their vision and not for what you veterans desire.

Go play Gloria Vitis or AoC once its out, instead of butchering this to please your MO1 1200 ppl playerbase.

Nobody wants MO2 to be MO1, otherwise we would all be playing MO1 instead but its not the case.

I understand you might be new around this proyect, most people that would vouch for a non violent or more punitive world probably didn't even played in MO1 and doesn't understand the game concept.

I don't think the map should be smaller but i consider its really imbecile they way they introduce incomplete systems to one day fill em up, thats a bigger problematic.

Game is not supposed to be instant action pvp but should be close, thats the whole idea an foundations of conflict in this game, everything revolves around that want it or not, another thing you fail to see and understand.

SV is not technically nor economically impaired or at least shouldn't be now, according to how many copies they have sold out and all the funding they got. And MO2 is definitely not turning any better than the other game ill tell you that, and if you played MO1 at all maybe, just maybe you would understand why.

No matter what you want the game to be, either a TESO copy with instanced or toggle pvp won't change the fact this game concept revolves around conflict, it allways had and its been its unique fuel. Content was a paliative that never came out in good shape, they decided not to listen to the community and the massive amounts of great feedback the game had from a whole diversity of players which is precisely what happens now.

Just like in MO1, they hire a community manager (that now is QA) to do what the staff can't do, to have a true, real and palpable dialogue with the community to get to some pointers on how the game should be, because Henrik doesn't seem to know and what better proof that a never ending, allways changing, meaningless roadmap. They can't follow their own roadmap, come the fuck on.

So, this role that never worked in MO1 doesn't seem to work in the seccond version aswell. And not only that, the role is fullfilled by nothing less than a player, a non vet player. Players have their own agendas, liking, understanding of the game and the imaginary of "where the game should go", putting the community's voice on one single player is another kick in the balls to the community, is them not understanding or giving 2 fucks about the actual community.
For developing roles in the game they need invested and objective professionals not players, much less if they didn't even play MO1 and even less if it doesn't represent the community in any realistic way.

You proceed to say how "all vets" have a shitty vision about the game but you proceed to spit out some random ass abstract with no meaning "suggestions" that say nothing to me, why are you going to wipe, what for? If they cant assure nobodys gonna dupe, and i doubt they will ever do.

Look the real "war" here is not vet vs coherent people, the conflict here is people who understands the game's concept and are able to discuss it with each their own opinion and vision against idiotic noobs that wanna convert the game into another greasy copy-paste mainstream themepark bullshit.

Mortal got this far with its unique promise why go back 20 steps now? Because they have no clear strategies so they would design and deliver broken content made and thought by imbeciles instead of addressing the true problematics of the game. Because they lack the distance, the objectiveness and production protocol to make a game properly.

MO2 is not just a copy of MO1, if that was the case it would be a whole different thing. MO2 is a bad copy of MO1, the worst of the worst has been migrated, the most shallow broken stupid ass basic content has migrated, as in form of a structure or frame. The foundations are loose, it wasn't well designed, its bad, bad bad.

People like you are one step behind, what can i say. If you read the forums you gonna see how many noobs and carebears that thought the game was lacking punitive systems are now vouching for more organic conflict scenery and better systems, and the ones that couldn't evolve probably quit already.
Noobs that have passed the "honeymoon" like some vets like to say have a better understanding of the game, you don't seem to, sorry.

And of course its up to them to do things right, who else if not them roflmao. But the way they doing shit right now is terrible. And the actual problematics are not criminals griefing people out of the game and this battle royale retarded shit u bring to the table, the problematics are way more elemental, the foundations of the game, the broken and placeholder systems and a world that doesn't feel alive just a timesink simulator.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I get what your saying,this world could feel a lot better. but the issue of raw travel time would still be there. So if you wanted to go to a different eco system, to get some special thing you can get there, etc its still a long ass ride which most people don't want to do.

Even MO1's map on foot. I have memories of having some siege or fight coming up. So its log in and wait to leave. Then we all leave and slowly walk our asses across the world for 45 mins. Ends up being several hours for like a hopefully cool 20 min fight. In MO2 this would be even worse.

Yes i agree, there has to be mechanics for faster naked/ghost travelling to travel to different ecosystems. What it used to do that was a better and more priest disposition on the world.
The game feels so garbage right now because you could die in the middle of nowhere and have a priest like 1h away or more depending where you died, so the only alternatives are stronghold's priests which it ain't really an alternative just content for guilds and no lifers.

The fact that you need to for example travel from tindrem to the jungle by horse just to carry horsebags to gather something is retarded, gotta be a tamer to get a horsie, gotta be in a town or have a workbench to make horsebags. And thats part of the lack of wilderness features, anyone should be able to ress at a priest and have a somewhat gimped fresh start without even going to a town, i mean making primitive horsebags and a fucking wooden stick or something, at least.

The ecosystem idea should revolve around making travelling between these ecosystems thrilling, exiting and sometimes challenging, and thats generated with better environments, better creatures, better AI, better placement of things and more content.

Its understandable that if you wanna transport shit theres risk of travelling between these ecosystems (that we could start calling towns). That should remain the way it is.
Then ghost travelling is faster but it ain't enough, i can understand those times are set to somewhat balance conflict. In the future when the scenarios are more competitive and maybe more people are involved in bigger conflicts non-penalized instant naked travelling time would be a mayor problematic and that is why i was suggesting on another thread to make travelling naked between towns to be in hands of players like for example in the form of portals, something that has a cost and its not instant, everything should cost something and its best if that cost is player interaction.

Then i think the armor/weapon materials balance is somewhat correct. Because it makes some bone gear super accessible in any town just to gear up and fight, but you won't be having metals for example and the price of fast travelling and progression.

People had no problems in roaming in MO1 if they could encounter pvp somewhat fast. When i was in herj there was a time we would roam every single day multiple times and even have multiple groups roaming in different places. Ely keep was 15-20 minutes away from ours and we fought a lot meters away from oasis keep and all the way from there through sarducaa bridge up to meduli.
People made roams from one town to another, because it was easier to transport the gear on yourself than to craft it on the place u were going to, for example roam meduli to batki fully geared in MO1, wouldn't take that much time and you would probably encounter something on the way.
Now in mo2 its definitely easier to just spawn at destination and craft yourself shitty gear instead of travelling with gear, because the actual travelling time is way mayor than the time would take you to farm some bones to make yourself some shitty gear. Or its just required to do material transports to stockpile in specific towns.

The thing is it doesn't have to me equal to mo1. You shouldn't have to roam from one city to the other to find conflict and the ecosystem concept should work to achieve that. Making these bubbles or ecosystems between towns more complex and rewarding is the actual challenge. But happens they didn't had these considerations when they made the new map, otherwise they would understand about travelling times and what players were willing to invest (time wise) when playing.
Like @Tzone mentioned at some point, the need of wilderness guarded and unguarded outposts for people to access. That could simulate these player "times" in MO1 that people were willing to invest in return of fun.
This nothingness" in-between towns already existed in MO1 and it was already a problematic back then now that problematic is even bigger with the map size, they would have to be idiots not to think about this in the first place. But as expected, everything is placeholder, half baked.

The "we make it like this and slowly complete it" development concept that a 5 year old kid wouldn't come up with. Idk if you understand anything i've said but doesn't really matter because SV won't aknowledge these problematics the way we see them, in the time frame we would like to and how we could imagine it would work.
With the creation of the game they generated more and more complex problematics that they didn't aknowledge in MO1 despite all the people giving feedback for over a decade, instead of taking the best of MO1 i don't know how they did it or if its an internal joke but they actually took the worst of everything.

These things haven't been conceptualized or analyzed properly, its just a handfull of stupid mechanics put together by simpletons.

Reactions: Jatix and Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Respect is not something you claim its something you earn.
And allow me to correct you on the fact that my ex's little boy wore diapers back when mo1 was released, im not into that, nor kissing someones ass.
The big problem imo you fail to acknowledge as you say yourself is that you are under the impression that the veterans is all there is and if you cater to their needs everything would be fine.
Yea you are right im no mo1 veteran as back then i was still into daoc, planetside 1, warhammer online and only played mo1 at release for a short time.
And as i said i understand that you want your game back, as much as i want planetside 1 to be remade and planetside 2 eradicated from existance for the abomination it is. But i also learned that the sequel is just another type of game and no matter how much you complain it will not change.

I don't need or care about your respect. I already earned the respect of those who were important to me in this community. You are not one of them.
This is not about veterans vs noobs. It's about debating what's wrong and facing an uncomfortable reality. It has never been tried to make MO2 the same as MO1 since MO1 also had many problems.
There is only one way to solve the bad, and that is by talking.

Your invitation to the veterans to leave is a clear indication that you are not qualified to debate or give an opinion.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Respect is not something you claim its something you earn.
And allow me to correct you on the fact that my ex's little boy wore diapers back when mo1 was released, im not into that, nor kissing someones ass.
The big problem imo you fail to acknowledge as you say yourself is that you are under the impression that the veterans is all there is and if you cater to their needs everything would be fine.
Yea you are right im no mo1 veteran as back then i was still into daoc, planetside 1, warhammer online and only played mo1 at release for a short time.
And as i said i understand that you want your game back, as much as i want planetside 1 to be remade and planetside 2 eradicated from existance for the abomination it is. But i also learned that the sequel is just another type of game and no matter how much you complain it will not change.
Nobody says or thinks that, its just some vets have a better perspective of the game, while you think these things are new problematics we have seen them repeatedly. You would have to be an idiot to think a vet's opinion is worth less than an idiotic mainstream gaming clown that just landed on mortal.
But then again you don't need to be a vet to understand the problematics, theres a bunch of people in these forums that haven't played MO1 and are hitting the nail, but its not your case tho.

Reactions: Jatix and Ibarruri

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Nobody wants MO2 to be MO1, otherwise we would all be playing MO1 instead but its not the case.

I understand you might be new around this proyect, most people that would vouch for a non violent or more punitive world probably didn't even played in MO1 and doesn't understand the game concept.

I don't think the map should be smaller but i consider its really imbecile they way they introduce incomplete systems to one day fill em up, thats a bigger problematic.

Game is not supposed to be instant action pvp but should be close, thats the whole idea an foundations of conflict in this game, everything revolves around that want it or not, another thing you fail to see and understand.

SV is not technically nor economically impaired or at least shouldn't be now, according to how many copies they have sold out and all the funding they got. And MO2 is definitely not turning any better than the other game ill tell you that, and if you played MO1 at all maybe, just maybe you would understand why.

No matter what you want the game to be, either a TESO copy with instanced or toggle pvp won't change the fact this game concept revolves around conflict, it allways had and its been its unique fuel. Content was a paliative that never came out in good shape, they decided not to listen to the community and the massive amounts of great feedback the game had from a whole diversity of players which is precisely what happens now.

Just like in MO1, they hire a community manager (that now is QA) to do what the staff can't do, to have a true, real and palpable dialogue with the community to get to some pointers on how the game should be, because Henrik doesn't seem to know and what better proof that a never ending, allways changing, meaningless roadmap. They can't follow their own roadmap, come the fuck on.

So, this role that never worked in MO1 doesn't seem to work in the seccond version aswell. And not only that, the role is fullfilled by nothing less than a player, a non vet player. Players have their own agendas, liking, understanding of the game and the imaginary of "where the game should go", putting the community's voice on one single player is another kick in the balls to the community, is them not understanding or giving 2 fucks about the actual community.
For developing roles in the game they need invested and objective professionals not players, much less if they didn't even play MO1 and even less if it doesn't represent the community in any realistic way.

You proceed to say how "all vets" have a shitty vision about the game but you proceed to spit out some random ass abstract with no meaning "suggestions" that say nothing to me, why are you going to wipe, what for? If they cant assure nobodys gonna dupe, and i doubt they will ever do.

Look the real "war" here is not vet vs coherent people, the conflict here is people who understands the game's concept and are able to discuss it with each their own opinion and vision against idiotic noobs that wanna convert the game into another greasy copy-paste mainstream themepark bullshit.

Mortal got this far with its unique promise why go back 20 steps now? Because they have no clear strategies so they would design and deliver broken content made and thought by imbeciles instead of addressing the true problematics of the game. Because they lack the distance, the objectiveness and production protocol to make a game properly.

MO2 is not just a copy of MO1, if that was the case it would be a whole different thing. MO2 is a bad copy of MO1, the worst of the worst has been migrated, the most shallow broken stupid ass basic content has migrated, as in form of a structure or frame. The foundations are loose, it wasn't well designed, its bad, bad bad.

People like you are one step behind, what can i say. If you read the forums you gonna see how many noobs and carebears that thought the game was lacking punitive systems are now vouching for more organic conflict scenery and better systems, and the ones that couldn't evolve probably quit already.
Noobs that have passed the "honeymoon" like some vets like to say have a better understanding of the game, you don't seem to, sorry.

And of course its up to them to do things right, who else if not them roflmao. But the way they doing shit right now is terrible. And the actual problematics are not criminals griefing people out of the game and this battle royale retarded shit u bring to the table, the problematics are way more elemental, the foundations of the game, the broken and placeholder systems and a world that doesn't feel alive just a timesink simulator.

Totally agree. If you want a person in charge of quality control you should look for a professional.
But if they choose to listen to the community, they must give the position to a person who really means something in this world, has a Bajage and is esteemed by the community.
In my opinion the perfect candidate (if he wanted to, which I doubt) is Ichorus.
the reasons are obvious, legendary player, brilliant member of the community, esteemed, respected and loved by most of the veterans. Extremely respectful, polite, intelligent and creative.
Who but he could speak for us?
Robmo is certainly not the man. I already have that clear.

Still he would prefer a qualified professional. If not, Ichorus is our best option. Furthermore, why was a vote not organized? haha Damn, give Ichorus the job. Maybe he will save us, after all he is a genius ajja

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Totally agree. If you want a person in charge of quality control you should look for a professional.
But if they choose to listen to the community, they must give the position to a person who really means something in this world, has a Bajage and is esteemed by the community.
In my opinion the perfect candidate (if he wanted to, which I doubt) is Ichorus.
the reasons are obvious, legendary player, brilliant member of the community, esteemed, respected and loved by most of the veterans. Extremely respectful, polite, intelligent and creative.
Who but he could speak for us?
Robmo is certainly not the man. I already have that clear.

Still he would prefer a qualified professional. If not, Ichorus is our best option. Furthermore, why was a vote not organized? haha Damn, give Ichorus the job. Maybe he will save us, after all he is a genius ajja
I don't think that responsability should relay on one person, at all. Thats precisely the issue that theres no diversity of opinions. The diversity is the only and true indicator of how things should be done.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
I don't think that responsability should relay on one person, at all. Thats precisely the issue that theres no diversity of opinions. The diversity is the only and true indicator of how things should be done.

yes, it is a good point. Perhaps it is necessary to create some kind of round table, a place to analyze what is going wrong and provide communication and ideas.
It is clear that right now stavault cannot and does not want to face the problems that the design of MO2 has generated. On the contrary, they seem to be immersed in a forward flight, exactly as it happened in MO1. I feel the suspicion inside me that exactly the same thing that happened in mo1 is going to happen. Maybe worse.

It's sad to see that starvault doesn't care in the least what its community thinks, especially veterans, that after all we were the ones who supported the project from the alpha and moved from MO1, contributing hours, hard work in the beta and helping to create this world.

We definitely haven't achieved anything.

Reactions: Hodo

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
yes, it is a good point. Perhaps it is necessary to create some kind of round table, a place to analyze what is going wrong and provide communication and ideas.
It is clear that right now stavault cannot and does not want to face the problems that the design of MO2 has generated. On the contrary, they seem to be immersed in a forward flight, exactly as it happened in MO1. I feel the suspicion inside me that exactly the same thing that happened in mo1 is going to happen. Maybe worse.

It's sad to see that starvault doesn't care in the least what its community thinks, especially veterans, that after all we were the ones who supported the project from the alpha and moved from MO1, contributing hours, hard work in the beta and helping to create this world.

We definitely haven't achieved anything.

The problem is theres no real dialogue, and aslong as theres no dialogue theres nothing to be said. What greatest example than these forums, filled with excelent suggestions but none addressed.

The round table concept doesn't work either, unless its made in a transparent way and the community can see whats being discussed and proposed that would be fantastic but its something i don't see them doing.

They keep replicating the same stupid ideas that dindn't work in mo1, these goofy ass amateurs never gonna hire someone that knows how to do shit.

Reactions: Ibarruri

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Thats why i said leave, cause no matter how much you believe in what you think is right for this game is not up to you to decide, thats still SV's decision.
Either they cave in and turn it back to that battlefield sized battle royale "game" or they follow through with what they set out do in the first place, to build a living world.
It's up to THEM and i really hope they go for their vision and not for what you veterans desire.

Go play Gloria Vitis or AoC once its out, instead of butchering this to please your MO1 1200 ppl playerbase.
SV's vision doesnt exist. If you played MO for longer you would realize that. It changes constantly as they try to chase bad ideas that get implemented poorly, and then decide they want to die on the hill of not removing them. Their current vision is to make a jank failed version of MO1 thats not hardcore enough for hardcore players and not soft enough for softcore players. If they were following a true vision, features would be well thought out and implemented fully with a purpose. But they arent.

Maybe words don't matter. But people quitting and saying why does. Because SV cares about the money. That's why they ruined this game to begin with. They wanted to keep more steam kids.

Also they just pulled shields from the patch and its not because they decided tower shields were op. Its because they read the huge thread on how broken tower shields are going to be and decided , 'Hmm they make a good point'.

Also you can say the new players are more important than the vet player base, but the pop is going down and down with no signs of stopping. The new player base isnt here to stay. So when we all quit and its just a few bored new players you will likely join them.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
SV's vision doesnt exist. If you played MO for longer you would realize that. It changes constantly as they try to chase bad ideas that get implemented poorly, and then decide they want to die on the hill of not removing them. Their current vision is to make a jank failed version of MO1 thats not hardcore enough for hardcore players and not soft enough for softcore players. If they were following a true vision, features would be well thought out and implemented fully with a purpose. But they arent.

Maybe words don't matter. But people quitting and saying why does. Because SV cares about the money. That's why they ruined this game to begin with. They wanted to keep more steam kids.

Also they just pulled shields from the patch and its not because they decided tower shields were op. Its because they read the huge thread on how broken tower shields are going to be and decided , 'Hmm they make a good point'.

Also you can say the new players are more important than the vet player base, but the pop is going down and down with no signs of stopping. The new player base isnt here to stay. So when we all quit and its just a few bored new players you will likely join them.
SV cares about money? Are u joking? How i see after 10+ years of play, they dont need it :) Only maybe for breads

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
There are many issues, especially related to combat and the economy. You all have some good points and some bad ones, imo. But come on, with the amount of open hostility and cursing on Henrik, Seb and other devs and GM's - how the fuck can you expect them even read these posts? I know I am generalising, but when I skim these threads, the hostility and shitting is almost too much, at least for me who still love the game(and love to hate it, once in a while).
I see the tendency toward more safe gameplay around and in towns, and I dont like it. The combat balancing I'm not touching.. due to inexperience. The economy is fucked, I fear we have to either live with the inflation or get used to the occasional bankrupcy and new currencies issued.

If you want SV to hear, try making a constructive criticism thread, instead of these boo troll parades.

Carry on.

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
There are many issues, especially related to combat and the economy. You all have some good points and some bad ones, imo. But come on, with the amount of open hostility and cursing on Henrik, Seb and other devs and GM's - how the fuck can you expect them even read these posts? I know I am generalising, but when I skim these threads, the hostility and shitting is almost too much, at least for me who still love the game(and love to hate it, once in a while).
I see the tendency toward more safe gameplay around and in towns, and I dont like it. The combat balancing I'm not touching.. due to inexperience. The economy is fucked, I fear we have to either live with the inflation or get used to the occasional bankrupcy and new currencies issued.

If you want SV to hear, try making a constructive criticism thread, instead of these boo troll parades.

Carry on.

I have been respectful and have not insulted starvault at any time. On the other hand, it is normal that some veterans who have been here for a long time express their position with some bitterness. In any case, I am in favor of freedom of expression and I think that Albanjo expresses some things harshly, he is within his rights, I limit myself to opening a debate, I am not responsible for what anyone says.
Anyway I think we all agree that everything is a disaster.
I also love the game, you know better than anyone.

Damn it... I crowned an emperor and you overthrew him! ahaha:love:

Reactions: Najwalaylah

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Anyway I think we all agree that everything is a disaster.
Not at all, I like and enjoy playing MO2

I think that Albanjo expresses some things harshly, he is within his rights,
He has called instakillah a hero and is asking for his return. I hope it is an example of very bad humor, but it is honestly quite offensive to anyone who were subjected to the great hack, especially the devs who were personally attacked. #neverforget

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
Not at all, I like and enjoy playing MO2

He has called instakillah a hero and is asking for his return. I hope it is an example of very bad humor, but it is honestly quite offensive to anyone who were subjected to the great hack, especially the devs who were personally attacked. #neverforget

I don't know anything about that. I was also harmed by the famous instakilla attack and I assure you that I lost more than you imagine.
But I prefer not to get too much into that subject. It's a thorny issue to be honest.
It is a topic that has little or nothing to do with what I was trying to discuss in this post.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020

Carry on.
SV burned that bridge.

If they want to ignore the unignorable then it needs to be made as overt as possible.

Its time for aggressive negotiations.

SV has an incredible ability to ignore reality, so we employ hyper reality as a counter measure.

Jul 12, 2022
US
There. You said it yourself. MO1 was your home.

You veterans want it to be that game again i can understand that.
But no matter how much you cry for the map to be smaller and whatever change to bring back that instant action PvP, this game isnt supposed to be that.
If they wernt technically limited back in the day MO1 would have turned out otherwise too.
Its an open world sandbox hardcore mmo with full loot, no a pvp game with some medieval fluff built around it.

There should be a wipe.
There should be a major remake of the economy where take more than a week to gather everything you need for a month.
There should be way more complex systems, weather, crafting, magic.
There should be working faction systems etc etc.
In short there should be a working and cohesive "world".
Right now everything is kinda copy/paste from MO1, thats why it radiates the impression of MO1 with a new skin.

When our goal is to set foot on the moon we are at the stage where the apes leave africa to turn into humans one day.

And here come the veterans "moon sucks, moon doesnt work, moon to big" "lets go back where we came from and beat ourselfs with some sticks and stones"

You just don't get it lol...

Jul 12, 2022
US
I think I read on discord, that the plan is to make a new marketing push when the game releases on epic store(whatever that is). Till then, I'm sure numbers will be stagnant at best. They put a hold on marketing till their product is good. I aint worried, I am patient, and am sure that in good time, MO2 will be an extraordinary good and unique mmorpg. I also read, in the same post - by the community manager I think - that they pretty much owned up to many of the mistakes made during and after launch.

Even though they should probably have postponed launch for a year, I am kinda happy they didnt, I enjoy playing MO2 and I am not overly worried for its future.
ps: Due to inflation I would like a new currency with serial numbers issued. Maybe the old gold coins could be melted down to gold bars and used for crafting - but not exchanged.
Numbers will be stagnant but they go down every day. This isn't sound logic..