Multiple month delays on necro now feature cuts!?

POG OR NOG?

• POG

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • NOG

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I wonder how much of a actual plan Seb has to work from?

I wont go as far as to say that Seb is some kind of coding genius. I do feel he has earned a level of respect for at least making something playable... Even if the design and gameplay isn't what we were hoping for. That falls on Henriks shoulders for being the lead/ boss/ man child of the project.

I do code. I'm no expert but I've been around the block. I refuse to do any work for friends and family after getting sick to death of them not knowing exactly what they want. They have half an idea which sounds cool but that is it. As soon as you dig into the idea then you can see thousands of ways to accomplish the loosely worded concept. Depending on the details to which way is the 'best'... But if the person you are going to doesn't really have a clue other than that cool thing they said to you then... Well... I refuse to do it as a favour.

If Seb was such an issue then a decent lead would quickly find ways of supporting that dev without pulling the rug from under their feet, at least if they are not a complete waste of space. Split Sebs role into 2 or 3 different roles. It isn't a negative for a developer to have his role reduced so that they can focus on what they are good at. Companies grow and it is partial praise to the devs for making the growth possible.

I've been around since the Beta of MO1 and I have no clue to what MO should actually be. People can say that it is this, that or the other... and I'd say they're all right.
Like that loosely worded thing I mentioned earlier, this is something generic enough to feel like it might fit in a genre but then not nailed down to actually be anything.

PvP game?
YES!!! We encourage PvP as this world is a sandbox where players drive the world... But we will punish you with a reputation system that is a time sink to punish you for doing it.

Exploration?
YES!!! We will have a vast open world with different biomes... But we don't have good PvE and as a player out in the wilds... You are their content. We wont give you ability to tame mounts without using some limited skill points either LOLZ!

Building?
YES!!! We will let you build walls all over the place and stop other people from exploring PMSL!!!!

Trade?
YES!!! We will have brokers in each town not connected which we feel will help with encouraging trade and transport as well! We will even make sure enough gold is in the system by allowing some exploits as 'features'... See how kind we are!

It is like any idea they have isn't thought out fully. How can anything be implemented with confidence when things are so half assed?

Bahhh. MO had so much potential that it does sadden me. Sorry for being so long winded :p
Seb is the lead developer and a shareholder. Idk whats their internal structure but one thing Is for sure, shits not working properly. Theres an obvious lack of a production model thats not as negligent as it currently Is. We can see this chronic behavior from SV to deliver total shit systems and It's in part design and development issues. I know many well designed systems in MO1 had to be simplified and dumbed down to fit sebs skills just to be added into the game in the worst possible way, not saying It's all hes fault, but theres reasons they don't hire more capable devs or re-structure their production model.

Id probably cut em some slack if i didnt knew they have been doing this for a long time, i have really expected that the experience they had during MO1 would make em evolve into more efficient developing.
But here we are, most content Is either garbage or placeholder and every single patch comes with It's own spectrum of gamebreaking bugs and exploits it takes months to aknowledge and the months to fix.

As a lead developer It's hes responsability to aknowledge the problematics and demand production models to function and guarantee a correct workflow. Not holding the game hostage of their limited capacities.

So yeah, it Is their fault shits not working properly, not only sebs fault. It's the entire company, but saying "hes just a dev" Is accepting this model when actually should be pointing out these problematics and expecting results.

Besides being friends or not, theres production structures that are supposed to generate better results, this Is not an scenario where someone Is hiring a friend to compile a website.

Also to be fair with you, i know a few players that have worked in SV and told me how they would have to dumb down well designed features for him to deliver broken shit. Hey but i get the dude Is charismatic 😵

Last edited:

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Tldr?

Edit:
Okay nvm i read it
Tldr: features implemented are not well thought through and half assed.

Close enough :p
Add in how Henrik appears clueless about the overall design on-top of how ill thought through and half assed the few pieces he can point at.

• Love
Reactions: tal0s

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Yea I think that is correct, Henrik did say they were hiring or something not too long ago. So maybe.
Hiring new people for UE5 bullshit, that according to Henrique It's not gonna interfere with the main development, go figure.

• Haha
D

Deleted member 44

mo1 beta ... i saw all the BS ... yet i understand what happens, because i'm a dev.
whinning about them delaying a patch, or delaying two small features ... is pure cluelessness ...
Yeah I call BS.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Close enough :p
Add in how Henrik appears clueless about the overall design on-top of how ill thought through and half assed the few pieces he can point at.
He Is true tho, he as a CEO doesn't have to know every single piece of mechanic the game has, it would be correct for a better involvement? Obviously yes, but the problem in part Is Henrique besides CEO Is content designer aswell, and as a content designer you can't ignore crucial game info.

Henrique doesn't appear clueless, he actually Is. We could debate the why, but ill just tell you that when i asked when Is combine and purify potions comming he said "wait ain't that ingame yet? Im sure Its in the game" and mentioned maybe It's un the code but not working.

Maybe these things are the reasons they don't publicly say what are they working with, how many people are working and on what. Because for better salary they probably do several things at the expense of game quality.

This company Is a missmanagement scenario from head to feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I dont know what pog or nog means, so I wont vote. I'l just say that I very much enjoy playing MO2 and I aint even trolling.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
@Albanjo Dravae

Maybe it is a bit of empathy from my behalf having to deal with people who think they know what they want yet it is about as descriptive as calling the ocean 'a lot of water'.

I've tried to come back to MO and not really recaptured the enjoyment. I tried watching his streams but get frustrated at what is being said and my past experience telling me otherwise... So that stopped and watched @Speznat vids for a bit. Stopped that as I stopped playing so kinda bit out of the loop.

I come back to the forums in hope to read how something has turned things around... I also play the lottery and never win :ROFLMAO:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
@Albanjo Dravae

Maybe it is a bit of empathy from my behalf having to deal with people who think they know what they want yet it is about as descriptive as calling the ocean 'a lot of water'.

I've tried to come back to MO and not really recaptured the enjoyment. I tried watching his streams but get frustrated at what is being said and my past experience telling me otherwise... So that stopped and watched @Speznat vids for a bit. Stopped that as I stopped playing so kinda bit out of the loop.

I come back to the forums in hope to read how something has turned things around... I also play the lottery and never win :ROFLMAO:

I know the feel, its hard to guide a client to "know what they want" and interpret it, tottally a challenge. But like said before this Is not a friend getting hired to make a website, this Is a game company and they have been working together for over a decade.
I doubt It's an interpretation problem, hell there could even be production roles in-between to guarantee It's not an issue.

It's a design and development problem that has been sustained chronically since MO1, not casual or sporadic.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
It's a design and development issues that has been sustained chronically since MO1, not casual or sporadic.
Right? It took them almost two months to realise that something is wrong with releasing house placeable ritual tables without making sure pathing in houses works. That's something that concerned players since the first day the roadmap was announced. I was so stunned when they announced that they're removing it from the patch. Like, wow! Maybe next time they'll think about things like that first.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah ditch the 2 months of progress becouse some people aren't interested, big brain right here.

I actually am tho... I mean idk at the companies I've worked for we usually are expected to get a number of tasks done weekly, not monthly

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I just want say that the Tower Shields were not "broken" they worked, but to provide the proper balances compared to other shields and to rebalance round shields, it would have taken code work that we didnt have the current resources for. It was moved to different projects.

A simple speed reduction or a stam usage would not have solved the problem, and even as a stop gap, it would not have been a good implementation.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Let me see....

Shields that are most likely not balanced correctly and would be completely broken on launch.

Furniture for houses that involve pets... pets that already get stuck in houses. So let's release something that would cause more issues with an already broken AI pathing issue thus compounding the work GMs have to do with getting pets out of houses and angry necromancers with their newly constructed pets.

Both of these should be removed till they can... A; balance the shields so that some 4ft tall 10str alvarin cant run around like a turtle with it on their back without any issues what so ever. And... B; they can properly balance them vs other shields which are already broken in one way shape or form.

Then we have the issue of the furniture. I mean whole structures vanish now, so why are you worried about a damned feature that will most likely vanish in the house randomly or get its constructed pet stuck in the floor. Let's have them fix the AI pathing first then add things that involve moving through a house.