Multiple month delays on necro now feature cuts!?

POG OR NOG?

• POG

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • NOG

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm fine with them not adding shields that they know will be broken. But like this just shows the game is going to die before it hits a point of being decent. They cant get anything out in a half reasonable amount of time that's also not broken. Game shouldn't have launched for another year. It's had a bad direction, has way too little content, and way too many bugs. And now they are halting all new content to fix bugs only. Which wont stop that players are quitting by the day due to the other two issues. And the nwe get to see if the game direction is still bad when they get back to adding more content.

I dunno, I wasn't mad at the direction going into launch. lol, they have the unsolvable riddle w/ the server issue, but even tho they added some wild stuff, I didn't feel the direction was bad. I was semi-excited for launch, and like I've said multiple times I was like aahhh yeaahh when it launched and it worked for awhile. Got some play in, logged, had no idea it would BE MY LAST.

The roadmap is stupid at this point, as I've said. lol. We ain't on da road anymore. Tower shields heh, I dunno why they wanna add too much stuff to this game... except actual mobs, etc... and they want it to be gated, it seems. The game plays well for every man, gives us more urns. What happened w/ keys and those chests? Where do you get keys?

I don't think getting MO features back is bad, but the problem is they put them way too early and fucked them up. They fucked up trinks, they are prol gonna fuck up Necro.

I'm not unhappy w/ the polish in some ways, altho once you get up north most things ARE FLOATING. But at some point polish should also be making the game good haha. You should be able to go out and adventure and probably come back w/ something valuable. Your game loop shouldn't be go to x spot, farm, stash... there should be way more stuff to grab out in the world, all while people are farming flux by multiplication.

edit: I'm a visionary, umad?

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
mo1 beta ... i saw all the BS ... yet i understand what happens, because i'm a dev.
whinning about them delaying a patch, or delaying two small features ... is pure cluelessness ...
Hurr durr Im a dev, so that means I can lie and can continually bullshit for 12 years. Cause that makes a lick of sense.

Being a developer doesnt give you some magic mouth that you use to bullshit and lie about 12 years of game development. Also putting a constant in a file and using it to say "Hello World" in a function is hardly being a programmer :)..The only people who actually say this are 18 years olds who just learned hello world. So good luck in your future devving XD.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
I can't believe "i'm a dev" is actually used in a whiteknight post.
Im sayin! Like whoa! You are a video game developer? That means SV gets to lie about their stuff because YOU ARE A DEV!? WOWIE KAZOWIE!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Stop also necromancy devolpment, hire more programmers ( or what you need) and concentrate all on TC.
hehe amelia, they can't really hire more devs. Nobody really knows the reason, some say the code is written by an imbecile and not any programmer can interpret an imbecile's mind.
Some say they don't wanna hire anyone more capable than Sebastian because that would make him do even worse.

Reactions: tal0s

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
hehe amelia, they can't really hire more devs. Nobody really knows the reason, some say the code is written by an imbecile and not any programmer can interpret an imbecile's mind.
Some say they don't wanna hire anyone more capable than Sebastian because that would make him do even worse.
We dont wanna make sebas look bad!

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Im happy they stopped with that unrealistic borderline scam chronicles of elyra type of roadmap.

They clearly can't deliver anything in a month, much less in 2 weeks. The previous content that was released in somewhat the time frame of the roadmap it was absolute and total dog ass garbage content, filled with game breaking bugs.
These kinds are challenged as fuck.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I dunno, I wasn't mad at the direction going into launch. lol, they have the unsolvable riddle w/ the server issue, but even tho they added some wild stuff, I didn't feel the direction was bad. I was semi-excited for launch, and like I've said multiple times I was like aahhh yeaahh when it launched and it worked for awhile. Got some play in, logged, had no idea it would BE MY LAST.
Going into launch was great. Lots of good changes, and content was coming in quick. Then something flipped at launch. Moving red priests farther away. Removing red priests. Making red camps not red camps anymore. Completely wasting dev time on bounty hunter and trinkets. Slower and slower updates. Etc. SV saw kids who shouldn't be playing a game like this quit, and then thought it was PVP's fault. But those kids who died would most likely quit anyway when they still die, just less often. While also making most pvp players quit, by continually making 'pvpers bad' updates. While TC still isnt in the game, when thats the most important thing to be able to live outside towns and create conflict.

Reactions: Bicorps

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Don't hate on my boy Seb. He just makes what Henny tells him to. Game's buggy but I blame that on it not having enough devs. If he didnt have to make everything solo he could work on making everything better.

Reactions: Midkemma

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Don't hate on my boy Seb. He just makes what Henny tells him to. Game's buggy but I blame that on it not having enough devs. If he didnt have to make everything solo he could work on making everything better.
Dude how long u been around this proyect and you still don't know the mayority of the problems is Sebastian related roflmao. They have been purposely making concepts dumber so he can actually deliver since MO1 till the date XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AND HE STILL CAN'T GET IT RIGHT

but hey i guess hes a nice charismatic guy right? i bet hes a good friend XDD

Also, do you really consider hes a Henrique's victim? come the fuck on

Last edited:

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
If you were/are a dev and missed self imposed deadlines by over 2 months you wouldn't be one for long.
Yeah, never in the history of mmo have we seen devs team set dates ... and completly miss it by months ...
deadlines are a mistake, that's why we didn't get bounty hunter reward with the first implementation ... but somehow you are always asked for it by superiors, investors ... and players ... and if you don't give one, it almost mean vaporware.
2 months is nothing or too much, it depends on what you are developping ... forum warriors just like to spill bile, because it's secure and free.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Im sayin! Like whoa! You are a video game developer? That means SV gets to lie about their stuff because YOU ARE A DEV!? WOWIE KAZOWIE!
Don't act so childish please, take the hit like a man : i just pointed out whinners don't have a clue about game devs and time constraint. Realize it.
whinning about such stuff just show you never had a mystic bug in your life, wrecking your brain on it for days ... do you even understand devs have headaches at the end of the day?
And mmos are hard projects, especially ambitious ones, understaffed ...
i understand people being upset, especially with the state of the game ... but puking all over, of frustation on other's shoes is not the solution.

• Haha
Reactions: tal0s and Melkhia

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Yeah, never in the history of mmo have we seen devs team set dates ... and completly miss it by months ...
deadlines are a mistake, that's why we didn't get bounty hunter reward with the first implementation ... but somehow you are always asked for it by superiors, investors ... and players ... and if you don't give one, it almost mean vaporware.
2 months is nothing or too much, it depends on what you are developping ... forum warriors just like to spill bile, because it's secure and free.
I get a delay of a week or two seeing as it's summer vacation time in EU, but this delay totally derailed their ambitious roadmap so much you can just throw it out the window.

We aren't talking about some hot new feature though, where you'r supposed to learn while doing, we'r talking about a largely unchanged feature port from MO1, except in regards to summons, which look quite similar to the current taming system. It doesn't seem like it's been hit by some massive ammounts of scope creep or platform changes either. If i were to guess the feature is most likely serially failing in their new QA process, either due to balance or bug issues. Seeing it's a port of a feature i'd bet on bugs.

But i'm sure you can agree with me that delays of this magnitude are not something that would induce confidence for the future in players, especially after failing to capitalize on the niche interest at launch. It's really hard to correct a negative first impression.

Reactions: tal0s and Melkhia

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Don't act so childish please, take the hit like a man : i just pointed out whinners don't have a clue about game devs and time constraint. Realize it.
whinning about such stuff just show you never had a mystic bug in your life, wrecking your brain on it for days ... do you even understand devs have headaches at the end of the day?
And mmos are hard projects, especially ambitious ones, understaffed ...
i understand people being upset, especially with the state of the game ... but puking all over, of frustation on other's shoes is not the solution.
The amount of assumptions coming out of you is pure gold.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
This dude is beyond silly. I a consumer, was told multiple times different lies and bullshit by the company that used said lies in marketing to get me to buy the game. I have every right to complain. I dont give a fuck if you are a game dev, or if SV is game devs. They make claims, they fail on every one every time. Make up your excuses all you want. Doesnt change anything.

There is no requirement of being a shitty game developer to play a game, have an opinion about a game, have an opinion about the development, their cycle and constant failures.

Being a shitty game developer also doesn't give you some magic insight on SV development processes. Any developer can deal with bugs, its not soley related to game developers and if you think that because a developer has dealt with a bug they would just auto accept all the trash that comes from SVs mouth is beyond hilarious.. You know what isnt though? Constant bullshitting, false advertisements, poor marketing, most industries dont like that. Its the game industry that seems to think the opposite.

Also you'd think you'd learn from said bugs and improve your skills as a programmer in the language chosen, the frameworks/engines and all you'd think after 12+ years of working in said language and engine you'd vastly improve. But see here thats not the case.

Last edited:

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021
but somehow you are always asked for it by superiors, investors ... and players ... and if you don't give one, it almost mean vaporware.
Because it does. When there are no deadlines, nothing gets done.