Multiple month delays on necro now feature cuts!?

POG OR NOG?

• POG

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • NOG

Votes: 12 85.7%

• Total voters

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
Because it does. When there are no deadlines, nothing gets done.
He's a dev its okay, we would have no idea about bugs, deadlines or anything because this guy said so. Hes the only dev here :) or anyone with that level of work :)

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
I was talking from experience ... but nice assumption.
No the assumptions you made about me and my lack of knowledge. Its pure gold. You experience is your word. Wowie.

Also I didnt make an assumption, I told you about your assumption about my skills as a programmer and if I am one. Nice try I guess at being witty. Shrug emojii

Reactions: Daikos

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
That's what you get when a sw engineer working as a game dev gets paid peanuts compared to areas like fintech, etc ...

It gets real hard to find qualified talent.

Reactions: tal0s

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
We aren't talking about some hot new feature though, where you'r supposed to learn while doing, we'r talking about a largely unchanged feature port from MO1, except in regards to summons, which look quite similar to the current taming system. It doesn't seem like it's been hit by some massive ammounts of scope creep or platform changes either. If i were to guess the feature is most likely serially failing in their new QA process, either due to balance or bug issues. Seeing it's a port of a feature i'd bet on bugs.
No. UE3 have unreal scripts, UE4 have blueprints and more features that replaces homemade attemtps at things ... in addition, 3D libs have upgraded (which mean sometime some code part become deprecated).
People assume ctrl-C ctrl-V when you port the same design ... but no. Especially when the first attempt was horendous, you often rewrite the whole part, to avoid past mistakes of the firest attempt : but all that is quite invisible to the players.

But i'm sure you can agree with me that delays of this magnitude are not something that would induce confidence for the future in players, especially after failing to capitalize on the niche interest at launch. It's really hard to correct a negative first impression.
Yes i understand the frustration of the players who don't know what happen behind curtains ... that's why i'm insisting on it.
I'm from mo1 beta, i remember most of the crap. However at the time, i was trying to write my own visual programming IDE + engine from scratch, bascally something similar to what UE4 achieved but in 2D ; so i understood back then their struggle ...
that why i insisted earlier on how small amount of work you get done even in a week when shit hits the fan, and/or is too complicated.
i was having this discussion with players in mumbles, to calm shit down, i even convinced a guy to try it himself ... and he did, now he knows.

• Haha

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
No the assumptions you made about me and my lack of knowledge. Its pure gold. You experience is your word. Wowie.

Also I didnt make an assumption, I told you about your assumption about my skills as a programmer and if I am one. Nice try I guess at being witty. Shrug emojii
my assumption was from your cluelessness about how ez a deadline can be missed. And if you had this kind of xp, you wouldn't talk like that ... i don't know a single dev who talk like that about something so trivial like a delay because of a bug ... but no problem, (assumption incoming) you are probably aslo the type to complain when they don't delay to deliver solid stuff in the first place ...

• Love

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
my assumption was from your cluelessness about how ez a deadline can be missed. And if you had this kind of xp, you wouldn't talk like that ... i don't know a single dev who talk like that about something so trivial like a delay because of a bug ... but no problem, (assumption incoming) you are probably aslo the type to complain when they don't delay to deliver solid stuff in the first place ...
Yawn, IM tired of arguing with you. You are just such a solid developer with all those words. It doesnt change anything. Dont forget to vote!

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Dude how long u been around this proyect and you still don't know the mayority of the problems is Sebastian related roflmao. They have been purposely making concepts dumber so he can actually deliver since MO1 till the date XDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

AND HE STILL CAN'T GET IT RIGHT

but hey i guess hes a nice charismatic guy right? i bet hes a good friend XDD

Also, do you really consider hes a Henrique's victim? come the fuck on

I wonder how much of a actual plan Seb has to work from?

I wont go as far as to say that Seb is some kind of coding genius. I do feel he has earned a level of respect for at least making something playable... Even if the design and gameplay isn't what we were hoping for. That falls on Henriks shoulders for being the lead/ boss/ man child of the project.

I do code. I'm no expert but I've been around the block. I refuse to do any work for friends and family after getting sick to death of them not knowing exactly what they want. They have half an idea which sounds cool but that is it. As soon as you dig into the idea then you can see thousands of ways to accomplish the loosely worded concept. Depending on the details to which way is the 'best'... But if the person you are going to doesn't really have a clue other than that cool thing they said to you then... Well... I refuse to do it as a favour.

If Seb was such an issue then a decent lead would quickly find ways of supporting that dev without pulling the rug from under their feet, at least if they are not a complete waste of space. Split Sebs role into 2 or 3 different roles. It isn't a negative for a developer to have his role reduced so that they can focus on what they are good at. Companies grow and it is partial praise to the devs for making the growth possible.

I've been around since the Beta of MO1 and I have no clue to what MO should actually be. People can say that it is this, that or the other... and I'd say they're all right.
Like that loosely worded thing I mentioned earlier, this is something generic enough to feel like it might fit in a genre but then not nailed down to actually be anything.

PvP game?
YES!!! We encourage PvP as this world is a sandbox where players drive the world... But we will punish you with a reputation system that is a time sink to punish you for doing it.

Exploration?
YES!!! We will have a vast open world with different biomes... But we don't have good PvE and as a player out in the wilds... You are their content. We wont give you ability to tame mounts without using some limited skill points either LOLZ!

Building?
YES!!! We will let you build walls all over the place and stop other people from exploring PMSL!!!!

Trade?
YES!!! We will have brokers in each town not connected which we feel will help with encouraging trade and transport as well! We will even make sure enough gold is in the system by allowing some exploits as 'features'... See how kind we are!

It is like any idea they have isn't thought out fully. How can anything be implemented with confidence when things are so half assed?

Bahhh. MO had so much potential that it does sadden me. Sorry for being so long winded :p

D

Dracu

I wonder how much of a actual plan Seb has to work from?

I wont go as far as to say that Seb is some kind of coding genius. I do feel he has earned a level of respect for at least making something playable... Even if the design and gameplay isn't what we were hoping for. That falls on Henriks shoulders for being the lead/ boss/ man child of the project.

I do code. I'm no expert but I've been around the block. I refuse to do any work for friends and family after getting sick to death of them not knowing exactly what they want. They have half an idea which sounds cool but that is it. As soon as you dig into the idea then you can see thousands of ways to accomplish the loosely worded concept. Depending on the details to which way is the 'best'... But if the person you are going to doesn't really have a clue other than that cool thing they said to you then... Well... I refuse to do it as a favour.

If Seb was such an issue then a decent lead would quickly find ways of supporting that dev without pulling the rug from under their feet, at least if they are not a complete waste of space. Split Sebs role into 2 or 3 different roles. It isn't a negative for a developer to have his role reduced so that they can focus on what they are good at. Companies grow and it is partial praise to the devs for making the growth possible.

I've been around since the Beta of MO1 and I have no clue to what MO should actually be. People can say that it is this, that or the other... and I'd say they're all right.
Like that loosely worded thing I mentioned earlier, this is something generic enough to feel like it might fit in a genre but then not nailed down to actually be anything.

PvP game?
YES!!! We encourage PvP as this world is a sandbox where players drive the world... But we will punish you with a reputation system that is a time sink to punish you for doing it.

Exploration?
YES!!! We will have a vast open world with different biomes... But we don't have good PvE and as a player out in the wilds... You are their content. We wont give you ability to tame mounts without using some limited skill points either LOLZ!

Building?
YES!!! We will let you build walls all over the place and stop other people from exploring PMSL!!!!

Trade?
YES!!! We will have brokers in each town not connected which we feel will help with encouraging trade and transport as well! We will even make sure enough gold is in the system by allowing some exploits as 'features'... See how kind we are!

It is like any idea they have isn't thought out fully. How can anything be implemented with confidence when things are so half assed?

Bahhh. MO had so much potential that it does sadden me. Sorry for being so long winded :p
Tldr?

Edit:
Okay nvm i read it
Tldr: features implemented are not well thought through and half assed.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
SV is delaying the tower shields for the purpose of balance:

"If we released them now, we would be neglecting something important for the long term, the balance. The way our equipment system currently works does not facilitate the balance ideas we had internally."

Perhaps another recent thread about tower shields highlighted the issues enough for them to bring it back to the drawing board.

Tower shields got a big hitbox, will block a major part of the body when carrying it on the back as a mage and don't count for armor weight. Who possibly could have seen any balance issues coming up with that?

• Haha
Reactions: Dracu and tal0s

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I think a lot of you who realize the game is hot garbage should stop logging in. Maybe then Henrik will see his game has tanked and perhaps a relaunch is actually in the best interest for everyone. Highly doubt, but hey. It can't get much worse than it already is. This trainwreck shouldn't have ever left alpha.

Reactions: Midkemma and Gnidex

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Yawn, IM tired of arguing with you. You are just such a solid developer with all those words. It doesnt change anything. Dont forget to vote!
you are not arguing if you are not giving arguments, i just reread all your interventions here, it was mostly whinning.
But i understandthe frustration, the game is going downhill ... but mostly for design&choices reasons.

• Haha

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
No. UE3 have unreal scripts, UE4 have blueprints and more features that replaces homemade attemtps at things ... in addition, 3D libs have upgraded (which mean sometime some code part become deprecated).
People assume ctrl-C ctrl-V when you port the same design ... but no. Especially when the first attempt was horendous, you often rewrite the whole part, to avoid past mistakes of the firest attempt : but all that is quite invisible to the players.

Hm, doesn't UE4 support both? C++ classes that you then need to use blueprints to tie them together? Given a decent modular design it shouldn't be that hard to interface it with blueprints. Well, given their code was somewhat decently modular. If not, ouch.

Yes i understand the frustration of the players who don't know what happen behind curtains ... that's why i'm insisting on it.
I'm from mo1 beta, i remember most of the crap. However at the time, i was trying to write my own visual programming IDE + engine from scratch, bascally something similar to what UE4 achieved but in 2D ; so i understood back then their struggle ...
that why i insisted earlier on how small amount of work you get done even in a week when shit hits the fan, and/or is too complicated.
i was having this discussion with players in mumbles, to calm shit down, i even convinced a guy to try it himself ... and he did, now he knows.
Yes, stuff looks easy to a newb due to the dunning-kruger effect alone, but it's kind of hard to think it's all due to inexperience since they even advertised stuff like "infinite number of players" (we know this shit ain't gonna happen boys) till recently on their site.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022

This is the crux of the issue. If you define the feature as a nebulous idea instead of a system, you end up with a fart.

If i can compare game design here to Ashes of Creation i loved how every time the lead dude got asked a question about a system the dude pulled out his notes and recited the algorithm to the people right then and there with specifics. It was a rough draft even then but it was something you could take and start coding asap to do some proof of concept stuff.

tal0s

Sep 5, 2021
you are not arguing if you are not giving arguments, i just reread all your interventions here, it was mostly whinning.
But i understandthe frustration, the game is going downhill ... but mostly for design&choices reasons.
And developers with skill like yours XD

there's an assumption for ya :)

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae