MO2 Is stacked in favour of RPK

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
I liked it in MO1 to have a red name. Saved me quite some murdercounts since blues attacked me, and couldn't give MC's because I only did self defense. ;)

This is the the thing. These "hardcore pvpers" don't want an honest fight. They need to use blue status otherwise they'd never win. Just like anyone who finds an exploit and uses it they would probably quit if they lost that advantage.

Reactions: Tloluvin

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
PK's get all the advantages.

PROS:

They decide where the fight takes place.
They decide whether to initiate the fight.
They have the element of surprise (priceless)
They can use blue as a subterfuge.
If killed first they can return to the fight quickly (see first point)
If they get the kill they can escape with loot quickly or decide to leave loot altogether without loss.
Besides name/Guild there is no way to identify or tag a serial killer.

CONS:

Parcel runs to maintain blue/standing.

I cannot understand this reasoning.

In the Middle Ages, two unknown people meet on a forest path.
How did the two of them know who was hiding behind the other personality?
Even though one of them may just want to travel peacefully from one place to another and the other is a robber/murderer, both have the ability to attack the other.

So what can you do but be constantly cautious when encountering a stranger. What is the difference to the game mechanics in MO?

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

Even though one of them may just want to travel peacefully from one place to another and the other is a robber/murderer, both have the ability to attack the other.

So what can you do but be constantly cautious when encountering a stranger. What is the difference to the game mechanics in MO?

It's a video game mate. First of all people don't respawn when they die. But honestly this mentality is what holds MO back from being a great game. The crowd that thinks games should be more work than fun. That games should be boring and tedious and unfair because well that's how real life is. Instead of saying hey let's make this fun. Let's make pve fun. Let's make pvp fun. Let's making gathering fun. But no

Sertorius

Mar 22, 2022
It's a video game mate. First of all people don't respawn when they die. But honestly this mentality is what holds MO back from being a great game. The crowd that thinks games should be more work than fun. That games should be boring and tedious and unfair because well that's how real life is. Instead of saying hey let's make this fun. Let's make pve fun. Let's make pvp fun. Let's making gathering fun. But no

I can't understand what my example has to do with "work or boredom in an MMORPG", but of course I orientate myself on the world I know from medieval worlds (with or without magic).
A certain level of realism is fun for me.

And it is also part of reality for me if I can't judge my counterpart because the color of his name doesn't immediately tell me whether he is attacking me or peacefully riding past me.
For me, that also accounts for a significant part of the tension in this game.

For me it wouldn't fit into a full loot PVP game if people who want to kill me in the game or have a history as a PK were marked accordingly in color.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire

The statistical likelihood of you walking along a path in the middle ages and bumping into a serial killer who had killed 100s of times was pretty low.
If a person had killed 100s of people the villagers and townsfolk would have all been out hunting them down because everyone would have lost a family member to this psychopath.
Robbery was common, ofc. Murder, not so much. Both crimes carried the most severe penalties.
If you want realism then lets talk about penalties. Severe penalties.

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
murder is still pretty fucking common xD

When they fix so you can live out of your house I wouldnt mind bringing back Red tho

Not really. Do you know any victims of murder? It's thankfully low but it could always be lower.

I just think there needs to be a bit of balance to allow defenders a bit more of a chance.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
Not really. Do you know any victims of murder? It's thankfully low but it could always be lower.

I just think there needs to be a bit of balance to allow defenders a bit more of a chance.
Sort of, I know murderers.
The best defense is offense, a lot of times showing a passerby that you are willing to engage in battle will discourage them.
Ofc this is far from all encounters but you could also flee before they attack

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
A full loot full PVP game is stacked in favor of a person who full loots and full PVPs? :unsure:

Pragma

Mar 17, 2022
If you go out of town you should expect to be attacked by anyone, it's the whole point of the game, if you're close enough to see someone's name and Guild you should know if they're know to rpk or not, all i see is that you want to be able to kill ( red players in this case ) without taking any risk of losing rep, if "just doing parcels to gain rep" isn't a big punishement then you can just attack the guy,kill or mercy him, then tell him you don't want to kill him and you're done.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
I'm in Empire style guild that does shit ton of pvp everywhere and trust me red players don't have it that easy, even when you have a huge guild backing you up with ressurects and what not. One thing I'm 100% sure of is that you never entered in to a large battle; ONE FIGHT can make you go on minus rep. and I'm not saying you started the fight with 5 rep cause thats just suicidal, you can go on minus rep with a nation with a single fight from like 10 or more rep and those are facts. If you participate in any form of fighting in this game you are RED its simple as that, I don't kill randoms I just kill guild enemies and local griefers and I have to constantly farm rep on regular basis, and no I don't kill randoms and I'm not in RPK guild. In-fact the most annoying players in this game are blue griefers, blue blockers, shieldbashers that go grey with a shield and than blue block to get 'common grey', horse killers, etc. I mean just because I participate in big fights and wars I'm banned from all Khurite, and yeah I started that with 5 khurite rep and in a single extended fight i went to -15 rep lmao I wish good luck to anyone else that wants to fix that rep by doing 'cave camp' to 'jungle camp' parcel runs haha xD, and yeah half the playerbase is RED those are just facts.

Right now reds have it rough, unless you just accept the fact that you will be banned in one of the nations and can never enter in your career you are a bit fucked OR live in a red town like GK or Kranesh lol, other option is living from a Keep but thats just not yet available due to the lack of TC structures, if thats implemented it would be 'fairly' balanced, depending from which side you are looking at it.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Also all the arguments about if you attack first in this game you win is BS I've been ambushed shit ton of times in this game sometimes by 1 guy sometimes by 2, 3 4 or 5 and fucking survived, many times killing them lmao, I'm not even that good, you can win or survive, use better safer routes, practice, get good in pvp, get better gear you can do a lot of things that can increase your chances of survival on the road, you can do more and more I mean you can join a guild and travel together for safety, join an alliance, you want to stay in a group with your 3 or 4 friends but have to move a stack of gold ? FINE pay some money to a big guild controlling the area or some mercenaries to protect you on your travel. Don't have enough money for mercenaries and you die a lot with good supplies ? alright just take a longer route and maybe carry less shit on you, OPTIONS ARE COUNTLESS.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
Imagine deciding to play a PVP game and then complaining about PVP... 🙄
Is Mortal Online a PvP only Game or ist it a MMORPG with open ffa full loot PvP?
Asking because PvP imho is only one playstyle possible of many playstyles, or not?

I mean you can easily avoid PvP and have a playstyle that contains no PvP at all, no?!

I consider games that have only PvP as a mechanic as PvP Games and this Game has plenty of non PvP elements/mechanics.
Sure PvP is possible almost everywhere in the world, but is it a PvP Game because of that?

If SV doesnt care for a good balance and make the game playable for less PvP focussed players it will end like MO1 and maybe even sooner.
PvP Games are for pvpers only.
MMORPG's should allow many playstyles to be viable, from PvP to PVE to Crafting, Roleplaying... to maintain a varied playerbase and healthy population.
If i want PvP only i play a shooter or chess or whatever, but dont need a big world with pve content etc...
PvP only players often seem to miss that there is more than only PvP and developers need to care about a lot of playstyles beside PvP focussed or PvP only, Empire Building etc...
Only then your MMORPG wil be alive and have a healthy population and variance of players.
If you reduce everything to PvP and TC what isnt even in the game, good luck with keeping the game alive longterm.

Last edited:

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
MMORPG's should allow many playstyles to be viable, from PvP to PVE to Crafting, Roleplaying...
You can do all that but not with immunty from ganking. this is what separates MO from many of the other MMOs and why ( I assume) people buy this game.
If you give MO same ruleset as other games there really is no reason to play MO might as well play one of the million other games, that has more backing bigger teams etc.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not true. Plenty of war stories show the offensive side losing.
And in real life the person throwing the first punch definitely loses in court.
Plenty of martial arts specifically teach you to let the opponent make the first move so you then have an idea of their plan/intent.
If we apply RL rules to mortal then it'd be more like a mugging simulator than a reflection of combat situations. The best way to avoid being mugged is to not go to the part of town where mugging is rife.

The difference is in everyone of those situations, aside from the legal one which has ZERO bearing on the discussion at hand, the victor had the initiative. Even in Akido, a martial art about defense you are taking the initiative. You are prepared for the strike, not just getting hit in the face. In every military story that you can possibly post the attacker lost the initiative and thus lost the engagement.

Reactions: Midkemma and Atom

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
It's not really an ambush when the player is a blue unknown.

Ambush
noun; "a surprise attack by people lying in wait in a concealed position. "
verb; "make a surprise attack on (someone) from a concealed position. "

Doesn't seem to have some magical criteria....

Not true. Plenty of war stories show the offensive side losing.
And in real life the person throwing the first punch definitely loses in court.
Plenty of martial arts specifically teach you to let the opponent make the first move so you then have an idea of their plan/intent.
If we apply RL rules to mortal then it'd be more like a mugging simulator than a reflection of combat situations. The best way to avoid being mugged is to not go to the part of town where mugging is rife.

War stories... stories... Okay. Moving on... Or should I talk about stories with Dragons and then QQ at god for not giving me my flying lizard?

The going to court... Court is a new fight. The fist-fight ended with what... the aggressor causing the other to run off to Mr Piggy... So I assume they 'won' that fight. The careebear ran off and started a new fight, a legal one... and by the sounds of it... They are throwing the first 'punch' in that new fight. Taking the initiative... Bloody hell, proving Hodo right!

Martial Arts will teach how to defend but it is made to attack. A practiced martial artist can see when someone tenses their muscles and pre-empt body movement, almost as if they can see the future.. Just reading the body. They are also taught to look at the eyes and not the limbs etc as eyes can betray where a n00b will hit.

yawnz.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
The difference is in everyone of those situations, aside from the legal one which has ZERO bearing on the discussion at hand, the victor had the initiative. Even in Akido, a martial art about defense you are taking the initiative. You are prepared for the strike, not just getting hit in the face. In every military story that you can possibly post the attacker lost the initiative and thus lost the engagement.
Yeah but you can be prepared to parry/block. Counter striking is very common in muay thai and kickboxing not that it matters to MO but anyways.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Ambush

War stories... stories... Okay. Moving on... Or should I talk about stories with Dragons and then QQ at god for not giving me my flying lizard?

The going to court... Court is a new fight. The fist-fight ended with what... the aggressor causing the other to run off to Mr Piggy... So I assume they 'won' that fight. The careebear ran off and started a new fight, a legal one... and by the sounds of it... They are throwing the first 'punch' in that new fight. Taking the initiative... Bloody hell, proving Hodo right!

Martial Arts will teach how to defend but it is made to attack. A practiced martial artist can see when someone tenses their muscles and pre-empt body movement, almost as if they can see the future.. Just reading the body. They are also taught to look at the eyes and not the limbs etc as eyes can betray where a n00b will hit.

yawnz.

Here is a flying lizard if it makes you feel any better.

draco-dussumieri-gliding2.jpg

Atom

Apr 3, 2022
Yorkshire
Ambush

yawnz.

Righto. So your defence in court would be "that was a different fight and it's not relevant so I don't have to offer a defence" lol.

It's kinda ridiculous. It's the same "hardcore" noobhunters defending their own abuser logic. You know it's paedo behaviour, right? Purposely looking for the weakest and most vulnerable; Stalking them and waiting until nobody can see what you're doing. Only targeting those that you can definitely overpower. It's pretty disgusting, really.

tumor

Apr 22, 2021
Righto. So your defence in court would be "that was a different fight and it's not relevant so I don't have to offer a defence" lol.

It's kinda ridiculous. It's the same "hardcore" noobhunters defending their own abuser logic. You know it's paedo behaviour, right? Purposely looking for the weakest and most vulnerable; Stalking them and waiting until nobody can see what you're doing. Only targeting those that you can definitely overpower. It's pretty disgusting, really.
You are pathetic. You draw lines between pedos and killing people in a full loot pvp game. Get fucked noob.