MO2 Is stacked in favour of RPK

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
Honestly i dont get griefers in this game. If somenone wants red tags back, they always call them out and tell them that they cant handle the "hardcore" part of the game. If you griefers are so "hardcore" then why dont you take the more "hardcore" way of the game? I guess thats too "hardcore" for them.

Then there is always this argument: spawning soooo far out of town. Need to walk so loong. Honestly. if you guys in your guild cant afford to have at least 2 Strongholds somewhere around the map then you are real pityful.
Every griefer Guild i know has a Stronghold near their ganking targets,(usually near towns) so they usually dont have to walk far anywhere. Everybody has Strongholds everywhere.
To me it just seems as they want pvp with no consequences.

Its not like they would have an advantage like Blast funaces and double tungsteel and more. but since red tend to eat themselfes too instead of working together, this advantage seems quite useless.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
But back to the topic... the guy was asking for some kind of "warning" before getting attacked by pks...
This kind of "asking" only generates more safe areas (Its a fact... happened in almost all games like MO before).
Because the Devs cant think of a good way to do what people are really asking for , and they simply decide to make safe areas to please them somehow.
We used to have a warning in MO1 when pkers were red. Noobs knew that if they saw red they should run immediately. Now they just jumped from behind when they arent expecting it, funny how they made flagging even worse for noobs.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Honestly i dont get griefers in this game. If somenone wants red tags back, they always call them out and tell them that they cant handle the "hardcore" part of the game. If you griefers are so "hardcore" then why dont you take the more "hardcore" way of the game? I guess thats too "hardcore" for them.

Then there is always this argument: spawning soooo far out of town. Need to walk so loong. Honestly. if you guys in your guild cant afford to have at least 2 Strongholds somewhere around the map then you are real pityful.
Every griefer Guild i know has a Stronghold near their ganking targets,(usually near towns) so they usually dont have to walk far anywhere. Everybody has Strongholds everywhere.
To me it just seems as they want pvp with no consequences.

Its not like they would have an advantage like Blast funaces and double tungsteel and more. but since red tend to eat themselfes too instead of working together, this advantage seems quite useless.
This just forces random pkers to join zerg guilds and instead of getting ganked by 2-3 your gonna get gang raped by 10-20

manure

May 7, 2022
We used to have a warning in MO1 when pkers were red. Noobs knew that if they saw red they should run immediately. Now they just jumped from behind when they arent expecting it, funny how they made flagging even worse for noobs.

Well... I dont see a problem in giving pks a red name.
My problem is only when they start creating safe areas.
Yesteday, for example, i was guard whacked in like 20 kilometers away from town. How I hate this crap...

Anyway, the Devs are going to have a chance to change this flagging system when they start developing thievery...
Who knows, maybe they give red names to everyone who gets more than 5 murder counts.
I think reds should be able to enter town without getting guard whacked, unless they did any criminal acts, of course.

Let us hope they make it right when thievery comes !!

CistaCista

Mar 13, 2022
Yesteday, for example, i was guard whacked in like 20 kilometers away from town. How I hate this crap...
And why oh why are you still at Meduli if it is a safe zone - that you say you hated? Why aren't you just hanging out in Jungle Camp?

Oh I know! Because safe zones attract players and make the game grow, makes it vibrant and therefore results in more PvP encounters. That's why you keep coming back there.

Even DarkFall ROA made larger safe zones (DFUW also), and I assume they will do it in the Steam launch as well.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
This just forces random pkers to join zerg guilds and instead of getting ganked by 2-3 your gonna get gang raped by 10-20

Hmm.. seems like something that has happened before.

People who want something you have, finding out they cant do it with a few people, finding more people like minded and then teaming up and doing it.. forcing those who want to protect what they have getting more people together to protect what they want. So you end up forming tribes.. clans.. armies... *gasp* NATIONS!?!

In the military we called this an escalation of force.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
5+ murder counts should be red named. helps noobs , its an achievement to keep a red name and should come with some notoriety titles. reds should be able to enter towns as long as there standing with the nation is good but the guards shouldnt protect you if a civilian attacks u in town , you could at that point remove criminal actions yourself and only kill the people trying to kill you. having a blue name allows carebears to be pkers thats all. no real badass wants blue names its a cop out for the convenience of still being able to hide.

manure

May 7, 2022
5+ murder counts should be red named. helps noobs , its an achievement to keep a red name and should come with some notoriety titles. reds should be able to enter towns as long as there standing with the nation is good but the guards shouldnt protect you if a civilian attacks u in town , you could at that point remove criminal actions yourself and only kill the people trying to kill you. having a blue name allows carebears to be pkers thats all. no real badass wants blue names its a cop out for the convenience of still being able to hide.

Agreed, with one exception :

This crap of "Standing with nations" should be gone for good...
Guards should only attack if someone (blue or red) committed a criminal action, respecting the line of sight for christ sake.

Its very boring when we loot someone inside town or simply kill a pet inside town, run and find an amazing hideout, only to find out the guards will just pop up in front of you...

The other day I killed someone´s bear inside town, ran and found a spetacular hidden spot to wait for the criminal time to pass...and suddenly, some lictor guards spawned right in front of me, coming from nowhere...Obvisouly insta killed me.
This is SOOOOOOO boring... Kills all the excitement

Bad move from the devs...

Reactions: Tzone

Alekcinder

Sep 20, 2022
PK's get all the advantages.

PROS:

They decide where the fight takes place.
They decide whether to initiate the fight.
They have the element of surprise (priceless)
They can use blue as a subterfuge.
If killed first they can return to the fight quickly (see first point)
If they get the kill they can escape with loot quickly or decide to leave loot altogether without loss.
Besides name/Guild there is no way to identify or tag a serial killer.

CONS:

Parcel runs to maintain blue/standing.

That's... kind of the point of open world pvp isn't it LOL. This isn't carebear land, this is a role play of early human history. Consequences don't exist when there's no one around to avenge your "unjustified death".

Make a decision, is it going to be you or them? If you even have this choice, then you have the upper hand.