Combat Suggestions [Feedback]

Which ideas are good?

• Total voters

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Tha'ts a lot of maybe's you got going in there when you seemed so sure!
You write words but don't say anything. Are you trying to argue that two players vs one of equal skill can't kill the one because he can parry and live without stam? The only way this can be true is if all three are very low skilled.

Is this definitive enough for you?

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
You write words but don't say anything. Are you trying to argue that two players vs one of equal skill can't kill the one because he can parry and live without stam? The only way this can be true is if all three are very low skilled.

Is this definitive enough for you?

I have said plenty and you can dance around it all day and pretend it does not exist. That won't make it go away.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
The only thing I have come across that feels completely out of place is a lack of blocking punishment for running out of stamina.

Have Parry be disabled for X seconds when running out of stamina to allow blocking damage.

or

Have parry disabled when below X % of stamina to allow blocking damage
yeah lets make 1vx flat out impossible... as if the game wasnt zerg based enough...

Reactions: Teknique and Rorry

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I don't support your suggestion, I don't see why we should make 1vx impossible.

Why do you want the game to be more zerg based?

He's saying by making more weapons landing at one time drain any individual that 1vX necessarily will be exponentially more difficult. I think investigating the actual jogging vs running system might be more valuable as that leads to hits as well and management.

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
He's saying by making more weapons landing at one time drain any individual that 1vX necessarily will be exponentially more difficult. I think investigating the actual jogging vs running system might be more valuable as that leads to hits as well and management.

"by making more weapons landing at one time drain any individual"

Where was this suggested? How does this occur?

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I have said plenty and you can dance around it all day and pretend it does not exist. That won't make it go away.

Both categories of those changes effectively accomplish the same thing. Exponentially harder 1vX enviroment in a game that will lean zergish. We qant to empower individual fighters and those changes seem to rob players of the ease of escape zone. Right now its basically that way with no incentive to stand and fight and I think they would prefer not to have more penalties at the end of fights where most of the significant engagement happens. When fighting multiple opponents this will leave them caught out regardless of good management's

Reactions: Rorry

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Shouldn't the new vision help the newer players? We are inclusionists

If hits already drain stamina then its occurring right now.

OK. But the only reference made to stamina drain from hit from me was to point out stamina balance has nothing to do with negative effect for failing to manage Stamina and the need for such a mechanic.

If there is a need to increase / decrease stamina regeneration, mitigation or pools, it is a completely different subject.

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
1v1 me for keep if you just like
people think mo1 leaned heavily 1v1 when tram fights were pretty much what everyone did
OK. But the only reference made to stamina drain from hit from me was to point out stamina balance has nothing to do with negative effect for failing to manage Stamina and the need for such a mechanic.

If there is a need to increase / decrease stamina regeneration, mitigation or pools, it is a completely different subject.

Correct. Removing functions that allow for people to use function at x% is basically nullifying and not the most equitable approach. Pools etc aren't the topic its ablut mechanics. We want to empower the player with mechanics that allow them to defend themselves against 1vX (zerg pot) and nerfing their ability to respond when you don't know if they mismanaged stam is the problem. They could have perfectly managed stam to the end of the bar. You would be more or less wanting to adjust the use of stam (I.e. running/jogging) before the use of the weapon which is needed to survive 1vx. Imo a slower block allows for more sense of how a person is using their stam management (running/jog) throughout an engagement

Currently positioning is less valuable because strikes are less valuable. Strikes and movement take stamina. A rough estimation

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
When fighting multiple opponents this will leave them caught out regardless of good management's

I don't see that as a certainty, perhaps different than what people are use to.

Taking a few extra blocking hits instead of perfect parry while regening some stamina isn't the end of the world but does deal with some of the current issues.

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I don't see that as a certainty, perhaps different than what people are use to.

Taking a few extra blocking hits instead of perfect parry while regening some stamina isn't the end of the world but does deal with some of the current issues.

Parry saves lives. Saves a whole lot of lives lol. We could just make it less spurious throughout the fight and accomplish a better goal for 1vX while still being a barometer for stam management. Testing throughout the engagement for stam management.

Reactions: Ori

Ori

Dec 1, 2020
Correct. Removing functions that allow for people to use function at x% is basically nullifying and not the most equitable approach. Pools etc aren't the topic its ablut mechanics. We want to empower the player with mechanics that allow them to defend themselves against 1vX (zerg pot) and nerfing their ability to respond when you don't know if they mismanaged stam is the problem. They could have perfectly managed stam to the end of the bar. You would be more or less wanting to adjust the use of stam (I.e. running/jogging) before the use of the weapon which is needed to survive 1vx. Imo a slower block allows for more sense of how a person is using their stam management (running/jog) throughout an engagement

Currently positioning is less valuable because strikes are less valuable. Strikes and movement take stamina. A rough estimation

I agree with your overall view although I am not really fond of your personal solution, but again i see this as a side issue to my proposal. Perhaps I should have made my own thread ^^.

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I agree with your overall view although I am not really fond of your personal solution, but again i see this as a side issue to my proposal. Perhaps I should have made my own thread ^^.

Just mo1.

Of course you should.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
It's completely besides the point. Seems you missed the point by a country mile.

I don't care if stamina drain from hit is completely removed and / or stamina regeneration is increased by 1,000,000%

It is irrelevant to the proposal of fixing a core fundamental issue that currently exists in combat as we see it. Now it may be the case that there are already things in development that we are currently not privy to, but I can only work with what I can see.

Failure to manage stamina is not punishing enough and leads to an unexpected (slightly comical) and disappointing combat experience that must be resolved.

Is this the part where people start waffling on about how they can't wade into a 1vX with low stam and battle their way out like a superhero again without any comprehension of the problem? Tell it to the Stamina balance department, I don't care.

I actually used the example of being in plenty of 2v1's where I couldn't recover stamina. If 2 players are smart enough thats all that is needed to beat you, they don't even have to be good mechanically; just use the system as it crutches their ability.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I mean, maybe it would be easier to ask the question who actually wants a game that allows a good player to win in a 1 v 2 fight?

Cause all those people who religiosly watch "historical" youtube channels will tell you that it is super hard/impossible to win a 1 v 2 in a real fight and that´s how it should be in-game.

Personally I feel that this exactly the part where a game should differ from reality because it makes for engaging game play.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I mean, maybe it would be easier to ask the question who actually wants a game that allows a good player to win in a 1 v 2 fight?

Cause all those people who religiosly watch "historical" youtube channels will tell you that it is super hard/impossible to win a 1 v 2 in a real fight and that´s how it should be in-game.

Personally I feel that this exactly the part where a game should differ from reality because it makes for engaging game play.
Agreed.