Are you paying?

Riccardo

Jan 31, 2022
I will be paying. This game even with some flaws and delays is still a game I enjoy playing.

This is my first full loot pvp mmo game I have played and now I feel like I've missed so much in this genre. I don't know if I could go back to other MMORPGs after this one. I need it to continue to get better.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
I will pay to play MO2. I am not happy about the present lack of content(thievery!!), but as someone else already said, voting with my wallet.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Its a sour taste giving money to people that belittle and hate you. With most patches being hostile towards PvP and removing content from the game.

Even then I would happily give money if I thought it would make the game better but the issue is game design choice not lack of money that is the issue.

Beta was a better game. Thats just the truth. The game has gotten worse over time and thats not a issue that would be fixed by giving them money.

Outside of that they made shit loads of money from the launch which they refused to give people refunds that were stuck in queue and didnt even get to play the game. Also milked everyone getting alt accounts really hard too. I think they see that they are not making more money off of the alt accounts and moved to start milking subs.

There are no alternatives to MO2 so Henrik can do what ever he wants and if people dont like it then they can just not play any modernish openworld PvP full loot MMO.

Your money is not going to help make the game better, just enable the poor decisions of the devs. If you cared about the game you would hold off on supporting the devs actions so they are forced into actually providing a good game.

Gorf

May 8, 2021
Very tough one. Probably and maybe with one account I would sub. Hard to chose which one though as right now I mine one one while idle in the city or roaming on another. Also I like playing my mage, but also like to have option duel on my footie or just go for pvp with my footie. I would for sure have half the fun with just one of my characters, but CBA pay sub for both at current game state. It is hardly worth of 1 sub eventhough I have no better mmorpg to play.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yes, I play pretty much every day or every other day. I am either playing MO2 or DCS. Not like there is much else to do.

ps4 still gud. They are coming out w/ some ports on PC that I wanna play.

I do agree @ beta was def better. But a lot of it had to do with the mindset of players, too. People were more open to just messing around.

Also, I'm not opposed to boycotting. When games introduced virtual currency and started to depend on that, like freemium model in what were competitive esport lvl sports games, it was just like ???? or added grind to make them like MMOs, I took some of the more egregious years off. I can't really explain why I say I would sub. Maybe because the choice isn't in my face and it's not really like I can imagine when it will be.

I don't feel played by devs or anything. I wish I could talk to them, but I don't want to. ahaha. I wish I could relay some messages to them that would actually enter their heads and not just scroll by. I'm def not a member of the pvp community. I'm not one of those dudes who is like U DONT EVEN UNDERSTAND PVP WAHAHA, but I have come to realize the mindset that pvp should be punished (actions have consequences regardless, there are KoS lists, many things were sieged because someone lost a steel set, forreal forreal) is just toxic. The reason it's toxic is because it's filled with a level of hate that almost surpasses the pvpers who play with a non sport just 'destroy everything' like some of RPKs more devious members, but it's the other side of the coin. The difference? One is going to DO something and one wants the game to do something. Programming those things into the game is just bad.

But the lack of content is really alarming, too. Still, it's all there. There is still weird grief, but memories of people putting their horses and lyks on you in the water to finish you off, memories of being up on the mountains between MK and GK and getting jump stuck for hours, lol. They did polish, and that's good, but one would expect some things like that after a few years of work. It's great! There is an EVEN BETTER FOUNDATION. People laugh at potential, but it's true, it does have more potential, but the game is really struggling as something enjoyable to play, it's bleeding pop, they can't get the servers fixed, giving money to SV at this point is charity. If most of us who are debating a sub didn't sub, the game would die out pretty fast, I think.

Maybe somewhere deep down there is a form of hope like... understanding that if MO2 dies that's pretty much it. But to know that hope is probably being used as a tool of manipulation does make you want to just be like fuk yo gam. I dunno, tho, seeing more and more people who I wanna play with act like they're not gonna sub, so... :/

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
I honestly dont think so, I play very little as it is currently and every time I decide to log in I stop myself before even clicking the game on steam because all I can think off is the sad state of the game, no incentives for SV to make it better and all directions lead downward and has been for a long time.

I will however force myself to sub 1 account for the guild if activity and numbers are there.
The glaring faults, the solo aspect of spawns, bugs, bad stability, cheesy mechanics and all the rest just dont make the game fun or good.
And when the game is in the pre Alpha state it is in, SV has to be re tarded to even consider turning on subs. I mean the game was more release ready first day of Combat Alpha Testing...Thats saying alot....

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
i will sub for awhile and hopefully it will help support development. however im expecting changes and balancing issues to be fixed for the playstyles i wanto play if that doesnt happen i dont see a reason to play or sub it just wont be the game for me and i hope thats not the case because im an old uo player and we been let down alot of times.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
Not paying, horrible state of the game and updates that are just there to laugh at.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
No, it's not ready to charge subscription fees or even be called a full release.
Sitting here 300 in queue with 1,900 players online. (How many of these are alt accounts purchased with third world country money?)
The game sold 110,000+ copies and can't support more than 2,000 concurrent.
The whole "single world" thing sounds like a scam to avoid hosting fees on multiple worlds.

It's missing basic features such as extra character slots, full graphics settings, points of interest.
Shit, there's skills in game that don't even function 3 months after launch.
Not even gonna get into the bugs/exploiting/hacking lol

I'll login and fuck around while it's free ✌

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The more I think about it, I realize I had an epiphany while reading the last patch notes (not the hotfix.) All this shit has happened. 100k sold, didn't happen lol. Launch date? Pushed back. Launched with misleading promises, servers shit for 2 weeks. Alt servers introduced. Massive exploitation. Now: one server, pretty laggy (tho I haven't been doing myself favors by hanging around Duli - rages @oykd - which is like the lag capital of the world, that and the deep jungle. MORE FLOATING MOBS THAN EVER. Look it's an ant, nope it disappeared! Shooting thru mobs repeatedly until you finally figure out where their 'real' hitbox is, or until it syncs up.

They aren't gonna be able to do it, guys. Maybe in months, years... but will they even persevere? I have little doubt they will eventually enable sub, and that they will more or less add what is on the road map, but it's gonna be shoddy just like it has been. The more stuff they add to the game, the more unstable it gets. I feel like that was the gist of what the network experts they brought in said, "Yeah uh... ain't happening." It seems to be a hard cap scenario, and they are gonna fall on it. DIS-EM-BOWELED.

They could do something different. There are other paths. I had hope they would realize this, but now that I took a deep breath and used the 'logical' part of my brain I had locked away for SV dreamland, I kinda just want to shake my head. I don't regret the money or anything. I don't even regret the time. I am a bit sad that they are gonna crash n burn like everyone else said they would. I maintain it wasn't inevitable. It's their mistakes. They can still redeem. They need a re-vision. I feel they will have to hit rock bottom (59593 falldmg?!?!) before they realize this, and I don't wanna be here to see it happen. haha.

SV, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers! As well as your player base who is actually still holding out.

There will always be some people who enjoy feeling they are 'da best' or 'in control' so as long as the server is up, there will be SOME pop. Oh well!

Like I said about the server fix during the 2 week shitshow: e-mail me when you guys come up with a smarter idea of how to make this game work. I promise you it's possible to attract people to this game, just make it work and make 'accessibly hardcore.' Brutal but not life-requiring.

TLDR: my vote is no. Not paying.

ARandomGerman

Feb 2, 2022
In the current state of the game? Won't pay! Was fun while it lasted.
In the future? Sure, if things take a turn for the better. Communication, promises, fixes, you know.. all the stuff that nowadays is a given in the indie/gamedev world if you want to suceed.

"But but but, with your gazilion hours you only pay like 0.01$ per hour of fun, isn't that worth supporting so it will get fixed soon?"
While in theory a good metric that gets thrown around like free candy, it doesn't work for subscription based models. I'll pay if I support where it's heading and what I got out of the timeframe before the next payment.
Currently it's easy to accept what's broken and deal with it while having fun with the people around me because it was a one-time blind investment, but it's nothing to further throw money at while half-working stuff gets added as content to the list of half-working stuff from before because "All hail the vision".

"It's way better than MO1 was and trust me after all my years in MO1, all will get well soon (tm)"
Yep, that may be the reality in those 300-500 MO1 veteran's heads but I'm not one of 'em. Voting with my wallet seems like the only option to get recognized nowadays. And no, throwing money at them for months or years to finally arrive at something worth it's money is not the solution. It's like continuing to go to the cinema even if the movies are getting less and less effort for maximum profit (why are the best 3D effects or soundmixes in the trailers before the actual movie we pay for?). Instead save your money to send a signal that things need to change. Sometimes a company will crash&burn because of that, but passionate people will form a new one. "Supporting" devs to eventually get it right will just reward them for mediocre work.

It's the same as a player rewards: You don't grind meduli graveyard for 2-3 months so you eventually get the best recipe book for free as loot someday in the future, do you. You invest time, skill & dedication to get it as reward for all your efforts from something more difficult.