Are you paying?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Well with 1.5-1.9k concurrent pop prob equals out to around 10k. Active right now as a MMO.

Games in alpha state, extremely buggy, lacking content, the hackers have dropped but you still have RMTers selling every boss drops still.

Outside of this the devs have been extremely hostile to their most dedicated customers and removing content from the game in order to in their minds make the game not only PvP based. Repeatedly shown to make the same mistakes over and over repeating mo1 mistakes as well.

Game is pretty much cancer to play with out multiple accounts so If I pay it would have to be for 3-4 accounts to make the game worthwhile to play and have appropriate convenience to where the game is enjoyable. Is the game worth 45 to 60 buck a month. No the devs are not deserving of a sub.

Any sub will be a investment into the future of the game and SV has burned bridges with many dedicated players and has proven that they will continue with a poor track record into the future.

SV is just banking off that there is not another option available right now to play. They are not banking off of the game being worth the cost.

If they had two characters per account then the game would be convenient enough to play. I dont even need crafting on both but lores for gathering would be nice. Also the horse situation is extremely bad right now, you spend a lot of your play time getting horses and losing horse. To much walking simulator to content ratio.

Reactions: Hodo and Gorf

Tzone

May 16, 2021
So right now people are taking advantage of the game by having 4 accounts each tied to a specific industry. This basically implodes the market in a negative way when each player can make whatever they want. When subs hit the player economy will see a boost in the positive direction where specialized crafters will see rewards for their work. I will sub my 1 and only character. Several in my guild have stated they won't though. But that is on them for creating so many accounts knowing it was a game heading to a sub based system/
I have four accounts and I dont have a single one that crafts. The multiple accounts are for convince because the game is just very inconvenient. Locations are pretty far apart and being able to not spend half a hour walking from one to another is extremely satisfying.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Idk I might wait for necromancy to start playing a lot more again. I basically did all I could for my character at the moment and there really isn't much in the game that you do just for fun. Mostly just play to progress. Even pvp isn't that fun right now. Just exploding some poor soul never has made me feel that good nor do I get a lot of gold from it

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So thats what, about 15 hopeful wide eyed subs expecting the money from their sub to somehow fix the game. Impressive

Nah man. I can see bullshit on the internet. I got the gift. I been here for manyyears. It's just enough for me atm, especially if some players stay. If some players quit, I might change my mind, but if the guys who I want to stay stay, I'll stay. But nah I doubt even the fanboys are expecting the game to be 'fixed.' I just want them to add more mobs and pickables TBH. START WITH THAT. Fucking steppe rush, man.

I have to say I am surprised that they keep doing stuff like missing patch dates and such, tho. I mean they don't HAVE to set a patch date. lol. Setting a date and missing it is just super fail.

I don't really care. I dunno, maybe I won't sub. But like I said if the dudes I have fun with stick around, I probably will. Small price to pay. When I compare this to some trash like Black Desert or w/e it's like hehhh. I don't feel like I'm mad at SV even though I feel they did me/us dirty a lot of times. It is my personal opinion that some of their missteps go beyond incompetence into almost corruption, but I won't get too into that. NONE-THE-LESS, it's still ok.

It's a bit funny to watch them fumble over themselves to try to get the sub running though. They set basically an unreachable goal for that, too. I don't feel sorry for them (for various reasons,) but I do know that MO is slowly slowly getting better. All of the 'bad' parts are just bad tuning or rule sets that can easily be adjusted. The game itself is improving. It might have taken ten years, but it's slowly coming into the 21st century! That's something I can get behind.

Edit: and if I didn't believe there was a set of numbers that the programmers could slightly alter (with little effort) to make the game good, I wouldn't still be here. It's up to them to do it tho.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
I will gladly as of now. Sure I would love it if more stuff especially around the GvG conflict would be there by now but I am still having a blast every evening so far and we got to support mortal so it gets to the point someday 😁 fingers crossed the 2 weekish patches will be decent and regularly after these initial troubles.

After all the other sandbox mmos are no alternative anymore... besides the direct combat I really enjoy since darkfall that is nowhere to be seen, eve long ago lost it's dunno magic or dunno vision somewhat and albion is solid but I like eye candy too 😁

So here to stay for now

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I don't have to pay until september+ or so, depending when they flip the switch.
But if they keep patching the planned content as the roadmap says every 2 weeks or so, then yes.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
My concern is will SV actually be transparent about when the so called free month starts and when exactly the subscriptions begin. Henrik's stream is not in anyway a professional place to officially make this announcement. And neither is this dead forum. It should be made clear on Steam and in the log in screen.

I've more then had my fill of this game in it's current state but would consider a sub down the road as more content is added.

Chillywilly

Apr 18, 2022
Yes I will be paying cause they cannot be making any income while doing this for free.
They mention hiring people for the company, well last time I checked money didn't grow on tree's.
But at the same time some issues do need to be addressed as soon as possible.
Not to burst the bubble but this server will not stopping having issues as more and more people play and as of now at certain times the lag gets very bad.

Everyone likes pvp, but sometime people do need a break and I feel removing the alt server was one of those mistakes.
The spawns are empty and yes that is great for those farming and selling animal materials. But also sometimes people need a break to gather, hunt , practice fighting without the worry of being killed. Also alt1 could be a test server, which would also help the company to test patches.

Horses should be on Haven, reason being you are coming to mainland with 3 gold and of course you could tame one, or some people just can't.
Maybe it's just me but last couple weeks have been finding more player killers around horse spawns. This gives that player at-least a chance especially if they went to the wrong town.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
My concern is will SV actually be transparent about when the so called free month starts and when exactly the subscriptions begin. Henrik's stream is not in anyway a professional place to officially make this announcement. And neither is this dead forum. It should be made clear on Steam and in the log in screen.

I've more then had my fill of this game in it's current state but would consider a sub down the road as more content is added.
Hopefully when they know that they are activating subs they give us a clear heads up on a date and make a announcement post about it here, discord, login screen and steam. And better be well ahead of time. At least a week.

ThirdeyePULSE

Feb 12, 2022
If they can get the servers fixed to allow 5k players without a que I might as long as more content is added by then. On principle I don't like the idea of paying sub for a game that's clearly not a full release. It's like paying for development of a game with no equity stake in the company lol. I guess I could meet them halfway though. Get the servers up to 5k capacity, fill the server up with people, and add more content and I'll pay one sub.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
I'll subscribe my single account and be happy as long as i can make a living on Nave.
This said the community can unfortunately spoil that easily for me and SV cannot prevent or do anything about it.
And if i quit i dont quit because of bugs, lacking content (i make my own content in a sandbox), missing features or alike but solely because the community have and create overly exploitive, competetive and (passive) agressive atmosphere/ playstyles.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chillywilly

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
If they can get the servers fixed to allow 5k players without a que I might as long as more content is added by then. On principle I don't like the idea of paying sub for a game that's clearly not a full release. It's like paying for development of a game with no equity stake in the company lol. I guess I could meet them halfway though. Get the servers up to 5k capacity, fill the server up with people, and add more content and I'll pay one sub.

Lag is one of my biggest concerns and as a west coast NA player it has been persistent since they took down the alt server. Before I could solo farm and avoid ganks by keeping my head on a swivel. Lately though, no matter how much I pay attention, inevitably a small group rubber bands into me from nowhere and my horse is half dead before I can hit one key. I could care less about lag for pve, but it’s frustrating when it affects your ability to pvp.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It should be made clear on Steam and in the log in screen.

For all SV's mistakes, I think their business acumen is on point, at least about stuff like that. You can expect it to be. I kinda wonder if that is why this patch is so late because they are gonna be like BTW FREE MONTH STARTS NOW. Like I said, forcin' it tho. Sure there was 'wack stuff' going on that needed to be handled, but they should have just focused on trying to make the game good.

It almost seems unbelievable to think back to launch right now. Most sane people probably decided after launch to not sub. It wasn't just what happened on launch but how they handled it. Everyone expects bumps, but SV has this special way of really doing a poor job when things do go wrong. It's hard to imagine that the sub start isn't going to be rushed. It's already been so long. As I said, I wish they would have just dealt w/ whatever bs was going on, kept up an alt, and focused on adding content.

Still I'm only part try hard. I only have 2 accts.

I do secretly hope SV can figure it out, or secretly hope someone gets that engine out from under them haha. I wonder how much SV has really done from the original framework of the game. It's my understand that they got some stuff from someone else. Whoever did that stuff was OP.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
For all SV's mistakes, I think their business acumen is on point, at least about stuff like that. You can expect it to be. I kinda wonder if that is why this patch is so late because they are gonna be like BTW FREE MONTH STARTS NOW. Like I said, forcin' it tho. Sure there was 'wack stuff' going on that needed to be handled, but they should have just focused on trying to make the game good.

It almost seems unbelievable to think back to launch right now. Most sane people probably decided after launch to not sub. It wasn't just what happened on launch but how they handled it. Everyone expects bumps, but SV has this special way of really doing a poor job when things do go wrong. It's hard to imagine that the sub start isn't going to be rushed. It's already been so long. As I said, I wish they would have just dealt w/ whatever bs was going on, kept up an alt, and focused on adding content.

Still I'm only part try hard. I only have 2 accts.

I do secretly hope SV can figure it out, or secretly hope someone gets that engine out from under them haha. I wonder how much SV has really done from the original framework of the game. It's my understand that they got some stuff from someone else. Whoever did that stuff was OP.

Well yeah its happening what a lot of people predicted. Them saying they won't charge subs till theres one single server, then the population drops enough for them to do single server. But when a content patch comes we all know theres gonna be multi-servers and a massive queue for main.

Thats a con artist type of logic.

Im fine with multi-server, whatever they manage to achieve is fine to tell the truth but what annoys me is the dev delay because they are so absolutly clueless and neglectful. Development in this game just looks like a shitshow of half baked content and promises from Henrique.

Game should feel is going in one direction with confident determination, when i see SV's streams, Henrique talking and the content they bring in i can't stop feeling this is some random ass shitshow with no direction whatsoever, one day they say housing features come next patch the next week they say its comming 3 patches down the line, this kind of inconsistencies only show SV's true colors, they are some amateur kids without a production team.

I honestly think someone needs to grab the microphone and stop Henrique promising shit, i bet at least 50% of the noobs that quit this game did not because of the "niche" nature of the game, perhaps these noobs quit because the CEO of the game company is doing borderline scam allegations on streams, not because hes a bad person but because he is clueless as fuck.