Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No, I'm too soft

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • No, I'm a badass.

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Kebek is getting entirely too much attention with these troll threads.

There is no need to be so dismissive of ideas just because you don't support them. When 50% of the community can rally behind a suggestion, that should speak volumes on its validity.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Calm down now. I understand you are upset cause the game may not turn out the way you wanted it to.
I'd be worried too if I were you, looking at how conflicted the community is on permadeath.

However, just because I understand the logic of why you are upset, that doesn't mean it's justified to start calling people names.
I am sure you have calmed down a bit by now so I will be awaiting your apology before we can continue discussing this important topic.

Perhaps you could use this time of reflection to also think about what % of statloss you would like to see inflicted after your "final death"?

There is no need to be so dismissive of ideas just because you don't support them. When 50% of the community can rally behind a suggestion, that should speak volumes on its validity.
The fact that u think statloss is a good idea means to me u never played the game , it might be good for most skills but having something like beast mastery or any of the other extreme hard to level skills drop a few levels is just a bad idea. Just like all the other ideas you had.

Reactions: Rorry and Rhias

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
I see a bit of contradiction from the community here. They claim to enjoy the "danger" but at the same time they want to be able to die 10 times in a hour without real consequences.

This is wrong... almost every bit of it... if you die 10 times in an hour there are several real consequences.
1) Your loss of time, which is probably the most valuable thing a person can lose.
2) Your loss of loot, Yea you might have a bank full of loot, or a guild that can help you get all that back... but you lost that.
3) Your loss of reputation, I'll be honest, I'm mostly a pve guy, and in the original MO1 I was one of the few guys that got the title for 'unlucky'... 5000 deaths. sometimes I lost days or even weeks of progress. I was known by my guild as Illuana the Red Magnet. Its my reputation... though not very good, its what I'm known for. I think some of my enemies know it too... Other people like Viknuss, or HornyFurry would take a loss much more... differnt than me-- see some of VIknuss' videos cause OMG he takes death very serious its funny as all get out.

All that being said... there's more reasons but you probably won't listen anyway cause you want it your way.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
If you don't realize the people voting yes are trolling because they know its something that will never happen then idk what to tell you...

Reactions: Illuana

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
This is wrong... almost every bit of it... if you die 10 times in an hour there are several real consequences.
1) Your loss of time, which is probably the most valuable thing a person can lose.
2) Your loss of loot, Yea you might have a bank full of loot, or a guild that can help you get all that back... but you lost that.
3) Your loss of reputation, I'll be honest, I'm mostly a pve guy, and in the original MO1 I was one of the few guys that got the title for 'unlucky'... 5000 deaths. sometimes I lost days or even weeks of progress. I was known by my guild as Illuana the Red Magnet. Its my reputation... though not very good, its what I'm known for. I think some of my enemies know it too... Other people like Viknuss, or HornyFurry would take a loss much more... differnt than me-- see some of VIknuss' videos cause OMG he takes death very serious its funny as all get out.

All that being said... there's more reasons but you probably won't listen anyway cause you want it your way.

No, they're not real consequences. If you had bothered to actually read my OP you'd have realised they are nothing but minor inconveniences.

So it's quite ironic you claim "you won't listen to me anyway" when you didn't even take anything I said into consideration to begin with.

You obv. reported my last reply because you have a rubber spine... But ill repeat it. I gave and EXACT amount when suggesting ghost jump height and @d Henrik. You can't read or youre being intentionally dishonest. Either way youre a mazzive *****t

Who are you supposed to be? If you got reported, it wasn't me.
Not sure why you are talking about ghost jump height. This is a topic about permadeath.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Perma Death = more fear, People don’t wanna fight if they outnumbered or something else.
I died yesterday because my ue4 engine crashed while I looted. Also there Are People with Limited Game time because of jobs family.. you don’t wanna Grind 1 month to die once and repeat.
Just my 2 cents

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Perma Death = more fear, People don’t wanna fight if they outnumbered or something else.
I died yesterday because my ue4 engine crashed while I looted. Also there Are People with Limited Game time because of jobs family.. you don’t wanna Grind 1 month to die once and repeat.
Just my 2 cents

A valid point although you may want to read about the "lives counter" cause the idea isn't to have to reroll after 1 single death.

I believe all the NO votes are from people that didn't read all of my OP. I'm sure that if they were to properly read it, they'd vote YES as well.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
A valid point although you may want to read about the "lives counter" cause the idea isn't to have to reroll after 1 single death.

I believe all the NO votes are from people that didn't read all of my OP. I'm sure that if they were to properly read it, they'd vote YES as well.
even if i got 3 lifes, if i duel a friend or go for a 2v2 and 1 dies, hes missing 1 life... even if your pve´ing somthing big and your healer get a crash or whatever we all need to reroll... me for my part iam getting older and iam limited in my game time. just no (for me ^^) imagine the salt if you need to pee real quick and a grp of 10 is jumping you in town. or your wife is talking to you and you die- there is not only salt in the game then :p

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
even if i got 3 lifes, if i duel a friend or go for a 2v2 and 1 dies, hes missing 1 life... even if your pve´ing somthing big and your healer get a crash or whatever we all need to reroll... me for my part iam getting older and iam limited in my game time. just no (for me ^^) imagine the salt if you need to pee real quick and a grp of 10 is jumping you in town. or your wife is talking to you and you die- there is not only salt in the game then :p

If you duel and kill someone or go AFK and get killed, that's on you. You knew the risks...
That's why you have 3 lives instead of 1, to compensate for mistakes.

• Haha

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
If you duel and kill someone or go AFK and get killed, that's on you. You knew the risks...
That's why you have 3 lives instead of 1, to compensate for mistakes.
I know what you mean, but isn’t it enough punishment if you gather 50 gold to buy something, or u farm steel to wear a steal armor / weapon and you lose it all? ^^ you alrdY losing much time if you die.

Treibholz

Nov 30, 2020

I - for example - voted no, because I am way too soft. Loosing my beloved Avatar would result in a lot of hot tears.
I will vote for a zero-death-lucasarts-gameplay-style aka ZDLAGS (tm) instead!

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I - for example - voted no, because I am way too soft. Loosing my beloved Avatar would result in a lot of hot tears.
I will vote for a zero-death-lucasarts-gameplay-style aka ZDLAGS (tm) instead!

An honourable position to take.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
You think that a loss of 2 weeks of work put in from a death is nothing more than a minor inconvenience?
I propose a Poll... Ask the rest of the community before you place your subjective view on others.

Just how much loss does it take to become more than a 'minor inconvenience'?

(1) 1 Hour
(2) 4 hours
(3) 10 hours
(4) 1 day
(5) 3 days
(6) 1 week
(7) 2 weeks
(8) 1 month
(9) More...

See what I mean now about subjective view?

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
You think that a loss of 2 weeks of work put in from a death is nothing more than a minor inconvenience?
I propose a Poll... Ask the rest of the community before you place your subjective view on others.

Just how much loss does it take to become more than a 'minor inconvenience'?

(1) 1 Hour
(2) 4 hours
(3) 10 hours
(4) 1 day
(5) 3 days
(6) 1 week
(7) 2 weeks
(8) 1 month
(9) More...

See what I mean now about subjective view?

It's my poll. If you disagree with my view, make a valid argument as to why you disagree.

I don't need to separately ask the community what they consider a minor inconvenience, that question is already implicit in my OP. That question is already answered by the current poll. Not my problem you don't like the results.

I suggest you carefully read it again before spewing this nonsense.

Illuana

Jun 1, 2020
I read your shit entire post 3 times, even went back before I posted again and read it one last time. You imply that something that is a minor inconvenience in your experience is the same to someone else and their experience. That's why I disagree with your tiny minded attempt to force your ideas on others. This game will not be what you want, simply because you think you're right.
It will be what SV wants, because they are the developers... if you want something else then go find whatever that is.
And look at how many people disagree with your implicit idea of your own experiences.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
I read your shit entire post 3 times, even went back before I posted again and read it one last time. You imply that something that is a minor inconvenience in your experience is the same to someone else and their experience. That's why I disagree with your tiny minded attempt to force your ideas on others. This game will not be what you want, simply because you think you're right.
It will be what SV wants, because they are the developers... if you want something else then go find whatever that is.
And look at how many people disagree with your implicit idea of your own experiences.

Have anything other to offer but a straw man fallacy? Cause it appears reading it 3 times was not enough. Try a 4th time.
Your appeal to popularity fallacy is also a joke. What makes it even more of a joke is the fact that I could just turn it around on you, lol.

I mean, it's a pretty close one and here you are acting like it's an overwhelming NO. LOL? Are we supposed to actually take you seriously on this?

I suggest you get back ON-topic instead of obsessing over me personally. Doesn't look healthy.

Last edited:
  • Haha

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Have anything other to offer but a straw man fallacy? Cause it appears reading it 3 times was not enough. Try a 4th time.
Your appeal to popularity fallacy is also a joke. What makes it even more of a joke is the fact that I could just turn it around on you, lol.

I mean, it's a pretty close one and here you are acting like it's an overwhelming NO. LOL? Are we supposed to actually take you seriously on this?

I suggest you get back ON-topic instead of obsessing over me personally. Doesn't look healthy.
U wouldnt know what a fallacy is even if it hit you right in your forehead. U explicitly sayed :
Monday at 1:37 PM
The main goal is to add some actual loss to death. Right now death is nothing but a minor inconvenience. Losing loot means little to nothing. : So where is the strawman..

Last edited:
Reactions: Illuana