Votes: 39 47.6%
  • No, I'm too soft

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • No, I'm a badass.

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Proper polling was one thing that was actually covered extensively in my Business Research Methods class. One point the class made is that any "self-respondent polling" should be taken with a grain of salt. Any forum poll is self-respondent as what that term means, is people who respond select themselves. An example of non self-respondent would be like if you surveyed a college class and all of the members responded. That would be a very accurate sampling of that particular demographic done enough times.

Now we didn't cover "Should one of your poll options insult people who select it in the answer?", but something tells me if I asked the instructor of that class if we could take such results seriously, he would laugh.

That being said, I actually do think the large amount of people who hit yes does suggest there is interest. Not enough interest to change the model of Mortal Online 2. Perhaps enough interest to suggest a from-the-ground-up permadeath MMO could have a solid fanbase if well made.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Perma death and full loot shouldn't even be compared as game mechanics, one of them will draw players out with simple risk vs reward the other is complete risk zero reward, if you kill someone in a fight that is literally 1 less player you get to fight for weeks in an already low pop game.
Said it in my first response, must be troll no one is this short sighted

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Didn't even bother voting.

Then you don't get to complain about it.

I don't get why people have to become so 🧂salty🧂 when a suggestion they personally don't like gets support from the community. Not everyone is going to agree with YOUR vision for the game, all right?

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Stupidest idea to ever appear on this forum. So, if someone goes around ganking easy targets over and over again - which some people LOVE to do - ALL of those targets are hit with permadeath? Pfffft, hell no.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Stupidest idea to ever appear on this forum. So, if someone goes around ganking easy targets over and over again - which some people LOVE to do - ALL of those targets are hit with permadeath? Pfffft, hell no.

This is quite insulting to the "victims". Pretending they have no agency at all.

If you just died 3 times but keep going into the wild to get solo ganked, the blame is on you at that point. That's true with or without permadeath.
It's as moronic as the people complaining they got priest camped 10 times in a row. Spawn at another priest, dummy. They're obviously there to stay. Take some responsibility for your actions, don't be a baby.

• Haha
Reactions: Cobblecat

Rhias

May 28, 2020

I don't get why people have to become so 🧂salty🧂 when a suggestion they personally don't like gets support from the community. Not everyone is going to agree with YOUR vision for the game, all right?
Then don't claim that a biased poll is representative.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Then don't claim that a biased poll is representative.

Have any proof of your conspiracy theory? I mean, imagine being so delusional that you are unwilling to accept the voice of the people.
It's democracy, bro. I suggest you get used to it.

You don't like permadeath? Thanks for sharing, we get it. You have been so busy going off-topic you aren't even aware we aren't even discussing permadeath but skill/stat loss now.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Have any proof of your conspiracy theory? I mean, imagine being so delusional that you are unwilling to accept the voice of the people.
It's democracy, bro. I suggest you get used to it.

You don't like permadeath? Thanks for sharing, we get it. You have been so busy going off-topic you aren't even aware we aren't even discussing permadeath but skill/stat loss now.

Never said I don't like permadeath. I said I don't like the poll options.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Never said I don't like permadeath. I said I don't like the poll options.

It's YES or NO. If you want to suggest something in between you are free to join others who have done so before you by just discussing it here.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
There is no simple NO. And that's exactly my point.

Are you serious? Really?
You're upset it says "I'm too soft"? Wow.

If you're really upset about that then you are really too soft, lol.

Its just YES and NO. Don't get so triggered over a little playful addition to the option.

Let me make it less painful to your tender heart.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Are you serious? Really?
You're upset it says "I'm too soft"? Wow.

If you're really upset about that then you are really too soft, lol.

Its just YES and NO. Don't get so triggered over a little playful addition to the option.

Let me make it less painful to your tender heart.

If you want people to take a poll serious you should provide serious options.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
If you want people to take a poll serious you should provide serious options.

No. This just proves my point. Triggered over saying "I'm soft" :'(

Ignore list gets another one for constant attempts to derail and troll my thread.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
No. This just proves my point. Triggered over saying "I'm soft" :'(
Well, other reasons could be e.g. that the game is not in a stable enough state to support it. Random crashes, disconnects, lags, getting stuck, disappearing mounts,...
Don't get me wrong, I generally love the idea of a permadeath game. I just think that MO2 is not ready for it. Both from a technical state, as well from a gameplay point of view. And that's not related to me being too soft. :ROFLMAO:

sheety

May 3, 2021

You gave three horrible options to pick from. People like you shouldn't get to run legitimate polls.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
You gave three horrible options to pick from. People like you shouldn't get to run legitimate polls.

Yeah, get in line, buddy. At least I gave people options.
You didn't even give ANY options on how high ghosts should be able to jump.

People got 3 wonderful options here. So far we have 1 badass, 30 people liking permadeath and 30 people admitting they're soft.
I don't get it, why would you say you're soft when there's the option to declare yourself a badass?

Anyway, not for me to judge. Besides all the petty attempts to derail this thread, we've had some wonderful feedback so far.
Although about 50% of the community seems to want permadeath, we could sway some more people from the "soft camp" by changing the permadeath into a simple loss of stats/skills.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL