• No, I'm too soft

Votes: 36 43.9%
  • No, I'm a badass.

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
All players with request for permadeath have no idea about the game!

And your idea of a special server with permadeath is stupid, too, beause you would end in naked PvP! Nobody would spend weeks of play time to gather materials for good armor or weapon when he would lose everything in the first fight.

Wesley Snipes

May 28, 2020
They use the silly "hard core" brand with this game, but it's further from the truth. Fuck just perma death, the game should empty your bank account and dox you when you die. That's some real shit right there. Fuck this soft game!

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
You boys joke and try to dismiss it as lunacy but a third of the votes likes this idea.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
That a third likes the idea. Are you ignorant of how polling works?
This is you : takes a glass of water out of the ocean : looks in glass : and concludes there is no whales in the glass therefore there is no whales in the sea. (Moral of the story , dont use 20 votes to make a decision for thousands of players)

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
This is you : takes a glass of water out of the ocean : looks in glass : and concludes there is no whales in the glass therefore there is no whales in the sea. (Moral of the story , dont use 20 votes to make a decision for thousands of players)

Bad analogy is bad. It would be closer to taking a glass of water from a pool and checking what the chlorine level in the pool is (You know? How scientists actually sample? They don't measure the entire body of water...). There are not billions of people playing MO.
I would say "nice try" but I would be lying.

I know, it's hard to pretend something is "out there" while being faced with the reality there are actually people that like it.

You don't like permadeath, great. Thanks for sharing your opinion.

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
That a third likes the idea. Are you ignorant of how polling works?

If the best defence of your case is "a minority of players likes my idea" then I don't know... Solid case, mate.

I'm still open to the separate server for the lolz though. Wouldn't spend too much time there. Just for the ocasional thrill.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
If the best defence of your case is "a minority of players likes my idea" then I don't know... Solid case, mate.

I'm still open to the separate server for the lolz though. Wouldn't spend too much time there. Just for the ocasional thrill.

It's a solid defense against the attempts to dismiss it by implying "this is lunacy and nobody would even consider this".
(It's 16vs15 as of this writing anyway.)

If you don't see that then I don't know what more to say.

Last edited:

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
It's a solid defense against the attempts to dismiss it by implying "this is lunacy and nobody would even consider this".
(It's 16vs15 as of this writing anyway.)

If you don't see that then I don't know what more to say.
The dude called some friends lmao. I realize i got baited by a troll. Have fun mate. :)

Iuhrn

Apr 11, 2021
I have to say, this troll knows what buttons to press for this community haha, this is the same baiter who made the 'pvp toggle button' thread.

Gr8 b8 m8, I r8 8/8

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Bad analogy is bad. It would be closer to taking a glass of water from a pool and checking what the chlorine level in the pool is (You know? How scientists actually sample? They don't measure the entire body of water...). There are not billions of people playing MO.
I would say "nice try" but I would be lying.

I know, it's hard to pretend something is "out there" while being faced with the reality there are actually people that like it.

You don't like permadeath, great. Thanks for sharing your opinion.
Lol still 0 excuse for trying to change the core of the game. Its like me going to fortnite forums and asking for building to be removed. No. Just no.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
Lol still 0 excuse for trying to change the core of the game. Its like me going to fortnite forums and asking for building to be removed. No. Just no.

So the core of this game is about "not permadeath"? I thought the core of this game was full loot PvP in a fantasy setting loosely based on the Middle Ages.

I guess I missed the MO slogan that says "The game where you never die forever."

Are you going to try the whataboutism tactic again or are you going to try a different tactic this time your argument got smashed?

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
So the core of this game is about "not permadeath"? I thought the core of this game was full loot PvP in a fantasy setting loosely based on the Middle Ages.

I guess I missed the MO slogan that says "The where where you never die forever."

Are you going to try the whataboutism tactic again or are you going to try a different tactic this time your argument got smashed?
U live in a fantasy if u think u actually *winning* this discussion.. Make your own game if you want to change it this much... Permaloot was never the core of mortal, nor was the game balanced and designed around it.

LivingshadeNL

Mar 23, 2021
Kind of a petty attitude. Thinking discussions are about "winning", mate.

Finally something we can agree on.
It is kind of petty , just as petty as creating troll acounts on vpns to propagate dumb ideas. No way this much people voted on that.. ive never ever heard anyone talking about it.

Kebek

Jan 11, 2021
It is kind of petty , just as petty as creating troll acounts on vpns to propagate dumb ideas. No way this much people voted on that.. ive never ever heard anyone talking about it.

Hey, like I said, it's cool to have your own opinion but you're getting into denial and conspiracy theory territory right now.
May I suggest a short break from the forums?

I'd really like to get back ON topic, you know. I'd really hate to report you for purposefully derailing my thread.

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL