Removing spinning cause 1 month streamers cant read attacks

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Dont wana read it all but I like the combat like it is now.
I don’t see any reason to make it less skillful on hiding animations / make it even more easier for people to parry. Killing someone’s in 1v1 that is good at parry and don’t give you any parry’s / is just turtling is already a real payne. If they plan to change the combat please let us test it on a test server ❤
Yeah, because combat alpha went so well. /s

Regardless, getting a test sever would be a literal game changer. Henrik refuses though so gl.

Reactions: Hodo

Alekcinder

Sep 20, 2022
These spinners really don't want to let go of their heroi- I mean, spinning mechanic. I can't imagine watching any of you learn something new for the first time.

The community-inserted mechanic, while sure it's something cool y'all discovered, is dog. That's objective fact, no matter what lens you try to look at it through. If this is supposed to be 'peak realism' then someone link me a history lesson on sword fighting with two guys spinning endlessly. If this is supposed to be a game, then why are you goons bitching at all? Games are about progression and creating better experiences, not doing the same shit for 15 years because you spent all of your time getting good at snapping your wrist ligaments. Let's fix hammer and axe swing times, spinners get 90+ damage to the back every time they turn. Easy fix.

Spinning isn't the biggest game issue, because at that point it's a brain cell problem if you die to some guy who isn't even looking at you half the time; However, it pales in contrast to the main issue AKA the unpaid community vanguard that shows up every time a bad game mechanic is brought up to defend 'the time and effort they've sunk into learning how to knit shit together'. Who cares that you wasted your time getting good at bad mechanics? Psst, way less people than you think.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
These spinners really don't want to let go of their heroi- I mean, spinning mechanic. I can't imagine watching any of you learn something new for the first time.

The community-inserted mechanic, while sure it's something cool y'all discovered, is dog. That's objective fact, no matter what lens you try to look at it through. If this is supposed to be 'peak realism' then someone link me a history lesson on sword fighting with two guys spinning endlessly. If this is supposed to be a game, then why are you goons bitching at all? Games are about progression and creating better experiences, not doing the same shit for 15 years because you spent all of your time getting good at snapping your wrist ligaments. Let's fix hammer and axe swing times, spinners get 90+ damage to the back every time they turn. Easy fix.

Spinning isn't the biggest game issue, because at that point it's a brain cell problem if you die to some guy who isn't even looking at you half the time; However, it pales in contrast to the main issue AKA the unpaid community vanguard that shows up every time a bad game mechanic is brought up to defend 'the time and effort they've sunk into learning how to knit shit together'. Who cares that you wasted your time getting good at bad mechanics? Psst, way less people than you think.
Show me a melee game that doesn't have people crying their ass off. Food stamps are a real life mechanic we don't need loser talk here.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
If they remove spinning and add something other skill based it will change nothing at all.
people who mastered spinning, will master the next art of fighting.
I hope it will be even more skill based if they do changes.
just my 2 cents

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Spinning is just a poor crutch to make up for the lack of a real mechanic to replace it. It needs to be removed but there needs to be something solid in place to make up for the lack of counter to parries.

Alekcinder

Sep 20, 2022
Show me a melee game that doesn't have people crying their ass off. Food stamps are a real life mechanic we don't need loser talk here.

Ohhh the ol' answer a question with a question thing eh.

What's the standard you're looking for when it comes to people crying their ass off, would you settle for community leaders, excellent players within the game.. or does it need to be similar to MO2 where some literal nobodies talk about getting good at something vague that doesn't seems to matter for 15 years or however long?

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
what do they mean for spinning? im ok with ground spinning and turning direction using counter feints, im just against the combat leap jump spinning, thats a different story, flying veelas in full plate swinging blades, cant really see animations.

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
There is a fairly simple fix that would reduce people spinning and give more combat opportunities to break parries.

1. Spinning gives you a debuff to knockdown resistance for 10 seconds
  2. Kicking breaks parry/blocks with a stagger and gives a debuff to knockdown Resistance for 4 seconds
  3. Shield bash, pushing, and heavy weapons(maybe just hammers) all will have a chance to knock down a player if they hit from from behind
The downside to this is they need animations which is apparently like pulling teeth, just get a damn intern off the unreal slackers discord.

Last edited:

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
There is a fairly simple fix that would reduce people spinning and give more combat opportunities to break parries.

1. Spinning gives you a debuff to knockdown resistance for 10 seconds
  2. Kicking breaks parry/blocks with a stagger and gives a debuff to knockdown Resistance for 4 seconds
  3. Shield bash, pushing, and heavy weapons(maybe just hammers) all will have a chance to knock down a player if they hit from from behind
The downside to this is they need animations which is apparently like pulling teeth, just get a damn intern off the unreal slackers discord.

And where is the replacement to spinning here in your suggestion? You just suggest a counter to spinning and blocking ontop of that with no equally skilled mechanic to replace spinning or skillful counter to blocking. Its hard to block good spins and animation hiding/counter feinting. I cant see how it can be hard to press a button and kick someone thats blocking.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
I think this will be good if they can add a proper way to do it.
We all know spinning is dumb as fuck.
It is also an exploit. When you spin you are using broken game mechanics to get 1up/unfair advantage on a player. It is essentially the same concept as the trade window exploit everyone cried about.

Perhaps when knock down mechanics are in, If someone spins it makes them lose their balance easier and then they take free hits while standing back up. :unsure:

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Foot PvP is broken. Mounted PvP is broken. Houses with stuff losted and game still have no LOGS (WTF?). Now archery and mounted magery is shit to. Whta are you want to make SV? Just have no reason to play in this.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
Foot PvP is broken. Mounted PvP is broken. Houses with stuff losted and game still have no LOGS (WTF?). Now archery and mounted magery is shit to. Whta are you want to make SV? Just have no reason to play in this.
I think its funny how everyone is saying MA is broken Just bc you actually have to have a point investment in it now. 🤡

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think this will be good if they can add a proper way to do it.
We all know spinning is dumb as fuck.
It is also an exploit. When you spin you are using broken game mechanics to get 1up/unfair advantage on a player. It is essentially the same concept as the trade window exploit everyone cried about.

Perhaps when knock down mechanics are in, If someone spins it makes them lose their balance easier and then they take free hits while standing back up.

in my shit tier dueler opinion, let me repeat (bears repeating every page or so!) spinning is not that bad. PARRY/Desync is the problem.

When spinning/feinting becomes an 'exploit,' it has to do with the screens not matching up, prol due to ping. I imagine EU v EU spinning is fine and balanced.

Tho I still think people are wild who believe one could not make an effective spin/feint macro. You'd just have to be smart about when to use it.

How do we make combat skill based when it's basically proven that what is appearing on each person's screen DOES NOT MATCH UP? haha. That's kind of crazy.

I dunno if it can be made to be fair, but it can be made to be more fun. I think the epic skill-based idea of MO combat is highly overrated. Not that it isn't, but that it NEEDS to be in order for the game to function. Like I usually agree w/ Dracu, but I remember he said he thinks a player should be able to possibly beat two dudes in steel, naked with a worn short sword. That's a admirable ideal, but if it ruins the balance of armor v armor fights, it's not as good.

I think numbers and gear should matter, because those are things it takes time to acquire. Nobody likes to get zerged and take an L to 'unskilled people,' but in the long run, you will win out if you have a solid group. Maybe not the battle, maybe even you'll lose your keep, but eventually... skill will prevail. It would be NICE if skill prevailed every time, but given this is an MMO with a single server and a diverse pop, it seems pretty unattainable.

I think MA is working pretty well as intended... at least mounted v mounted. Areas have different desync, but at least you know nobody can program something into their computer that makes them MA well, haha.

Even tho I've been way more successful at killing people in MO2 (hilariously,) I'd rather have Mo1 ' I can't even see who is hitting me ' than what we have now. Seems like they got a good balance going on, more or less... for EU people, assuming people aren't using macros. But "be a mage and roll w/ euros" blah @ that. Nothing against euros, I just hate restrictions.

Like I said, the game should be fun, too. It's already memey.

Esproc

Jan 21, 2022
Meduli
And where is the replacement to spinning here in your suggestion? You just suggest a counter to spinning and blocking ontop of that with no equally skilled mechanic to replace spinning or skillful counter to blocking. Its hard to block good spins and animation hiding/counter feinting. I cant see how it can be hard to press a button and kick someone thats blocking.
I'm not suggesting they remove spinning I think its reasonable in a fantasy game. I just think its over used.
Kicking would only really be easy if your opponent is holding a block, otherwise the skill comes in as a timing it correctly.
My suggestions put a heavy penalty on turning your back to your opponent, but does not stop spinning directly.

Locke

Oct 30, 2022
Ever played mount and blade? Landing a successful kick is no easy thing. A kick would be a very good mechanic for this game.

wyqydsyq

Dec 17, 2021
Spinning is only so common and considered so powerful because not many people punish their opponent for spinning on them and when they see spins lots of people panic and and just go full defensive not even using counterattacks when they do get parries because they're too focused on trying to block the next spin swing.

It's not even practically effective against high skill players who can read the spin attack animations well - they will still parry your 720 degree quadra feint spin attack then land 2 full damage hits on you while you're trying to do another spin.