Votes: 45 26.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
I hope Henrik won't take this step for the sake of this ping cry. Since this step will bury the project for Europe and the CIS region. The most correct solution is to separate the two regions.

Once again, I repeat that this vote is irrelevant since most of the players do not even know about it, and the majority does not go to the forum and read it.

I also think moving the entire server is not the best idea. If you want to move, then you should move part of the server, and let the other one be in Europe. For example, the western part is in Europe, and the eastern part is in America or vice versa. That would be more acceptable to everyone.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
why do you Americans think that the world revolves exclusively around you

Never said that it did, you said that.

Just understand that Asia, America and the CIS can play on the European server, and on the American server only America

Not true. Please refer to @Valoran and the post he made, while rough; it statistically showed that this just isn't true.

well, if you want to remove 3 regions from the game at once and make it exclusively for america, where people mostly prefer the console and not the pc, then I wish you good luck with 100 people online

Not true again. MO1 was already in the '100 people online' stage with a server in EU, things should change. Also, why are you targeting Americans. What are you trying to imply people liking a console more than a PC, really irrelevant to the topic.

For what? Why you think you right? I think you wrong, Try to explain the rationale from the economic and other sides or you're a babbler.

Because there is evidence of it being better. That's okay if you think I'm wrong, more people benefit from a server being in NA. That's just a flat fact. Also, where is your proof of your 'economics' and 'other sides'? Oh wait, you didn't provide anything. Weird. It's like I have to come in and provide and prove everything but you can come in and just throw around terms you clearly aren't prepared to back up.

Let us clear the air first about something, from MO1 we know that Mortal Online is not going to be a game that will market well in the AS region. Otherwise it would of had a bigger AS population, but it didn't. Not only that but the server being in EU or NA isn't going to benefit a country like 'China' for example - from a ping perspective. But that's on the hopes it would even catch on as a popular game title.

The top three countries in terms of 'game revenue' is surprise.. The US, China, and Japan. Guess which two countries benefit more from NA servers? The US and Japan.

What 'other sides' are you wanting? Players in South America, Canada, Mexico, and even Australia benefit from the server move.. Plus, get this. Players in the EU? According to Henrik's system they should be perfectly fine. Especially if the NA server was on the east coast, which would benefit western Europe.

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Youre fighting so hard for that NA server, would be funny if they really do it and you dont notice much of a difference after all. LOL
Out of interest, have you personally played MO2 with NA ping AND with EU ping? Cause clearly you are promising yourself huge improvements from that.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I went and gathered some statistical data using SteamSpy (inb4 peoples next argument is "well i didnt play using steam" even though we can use the release day as an index for which regions players were in during the steam launch.

Light Blue = United States
Purple = Other Countries
Yellow = Russia
Light Red = Canada
Dark Red = Sweden
Green = France
Bright Green = Brazil
Dark Blue = Germany
Orange = Australia
Dark Yellow = Poland
Pink = United Kingdom

Mortal-Online-2.png

This is steam launch day / month

zzdata.PNG

These are the regions split up to demonstrate an NA server (Which is better for NA, SA, and AU - and then some) compared to EU.

Countries classified as 'Other' could either benefit, suffer, or see no relative change in gameplay. So if you wish to argue that point, go for it.

NA / SA / AU = 30.62 + 7.05% + 6.5% + 3.79% = 47.96% (US, Canada, Australia, Brazil)
EU = 9.49% + 6.5% + 5.69% + 3.79% + .81 + .27 = 26.55 (Russia, Sweden, France, Germany, Poland, UK)
Other = 25.47%

But let me first highlight how the US is 30% of the total playerbase on Steam launch. That is a THIRD of the playerbase from a single country. So I'm sure it's not hard to then imagine other countries in NA and SA + Australia, Japan, etc adding up quickly.

One could say the 'other' countries are all better off on EU side, or perhaps all are better off NA side. So just to demonstrate what those numbers look like, I'll merge 'Other' firstly with EU, then merge it with US, then split it down the middle so either side gets numbers.

EU + 'Other' Countries
NA / SA / AU = 47.96%
EU + Other = 52.02%

NA / SA / AU + 'Other' Countries
NA / SA / AU + Other = 73.43%
EU = 26.55%

'Other' countries split evenly
NA / SA / AU + Half of Other = 60.70%
EU + Half of Other = 39.29%

We can see here, that in 2 of the 3 provided examples. An NA based server still has majority over the other portion.

Here is the full graph, the latter part of the graph is wack and considered a major outlier seeing as MO1 was below 100 pop at this point.

Mortal Online (4).png

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Youre fighting so hard for that NA server, would be funny if they really do it and you dont notice much of a difference after all. LOL
Out of interest, have you personally played MO2 with NA ping AND with EU ping? Cause clearly you are promising yourself huge improvements from that.

I'm doing this for the betterment of a whole, not myself. I'm sorry you can't see that.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I went and gathered some statistical data using SteamSpy (inb4 peoples next argument is "well i didnt play using steam" even though we can use the release day as an index for which regions players were in during the steam launch.

Light Blue = United States
Purple = Other Countries
Yellow = Russia
Light Red = Canada
Dark Red = Sweden
Green = France
Bright Green = Brazil
Dark Blue = Germany
Orange = Australia
Dark Yellow = Poland
Pink = United Kingdom

Mortal-Online-2.png

This is steam launch day / month

View attachment 644

These are the regions split up to demonstrate an NA server (Which is better for NA, SA, and AU - and then some) compared to EU.

Countries classified as 'Other' could either benefit, suffer, or see no relative change in gameplay. So if you wish to argue that point, go for it.

NA / SA / AU = 30.62 + 7.05% + 6.5% + 3.79% = 47.96% (US, Canada, Australia, Brazil)
EU = 9.49% + 6.5% + 5.69% + 3.79% + .81 + .27 = 26.55 (Russia, Sweden, France, Germany, Poland, UK)
Other = 25.47%

But let me first highlight how the US is 30% of the total playerbase on Steam launch. That is a THIRD of the playerbase from a single country. So I'm sure it's not hard to then imagine other countries in NA and SA + Australia, Japan, etc adding up quickly.

One could say the 'other' countries are all better off on EU side, or perhaps all are better off NA side. So just to demonstrate what those numbers look like, I'll merge 'Other' firstly with EU, then merge it with US, then split it down the middle so either side gets numbers.

EU + 'Other' Countries
NA / SA / AU = 47.96%
EU + Other = 52.02%

NA / SA / AU + 'Other' Countries
NA / SA / AU + Other = 73.43%
EU = 26.55%

'Other' countries split evenly
NA / SA / AU + Half of Other = 60.70%
EU + Half of Other = 39.29%

We can see here, that in 2 of the 3 provided examples. An NA based server still has majority over the other portion.

Here is the full graph, the latter part of the graph is wack and considered a major outlier seeing as MO1 was below 100 pop at this point.

View attachment 645
you screw statistics 15 years ago and apply it to mortal2 really? stop, buddy, this may end badly for everyone)))

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Xunila

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Statistics from 2015 to 2020. = 15 years ago.

Sound logic everyone.
there is no logic, since many players will go to mortal 2 who have no idea what a mortal is at all. in order to build up-to-date statistics on mortal 2, you need to wait for the release when all the mechanics of the game will work (most players are waiting for the complete game with all the mechanics) and do it after a while, only then this statistics will be correct. and it is not necessary to fasten statistics on the first part of the game, since it has nothing to do with the second part (only indirectly).

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
there is no logic, since many players will go to mortal 2 who have no idea what a mortal is at all. in order to build up-to-date statistics on mortal 2, you need to wait for the release when all the mechanics of the game will work (most players are waiting for the complete game with all the mechanics) and do it after a while, only then this statistics will be correct. and it is not necessary to fasten statistics on the first part of the game, since it has nothing to do with the second part (only indirectly).
Huh?

We're talking about the statistics of where players are from, and MO1 is totally fine to use to show that kind of statistic.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
😂

The countries you listed make up only about half the population of the EU +Russia.

The missing ones are probably the "other" countries.

Which would support Henriks statement that the pop was pretty evenly split.

Lastly in terms of gaming markets you should look at all countries affected not just the ones with the biggest market. Also those numbers include consoles which are irrelevant for this discussion.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
😂

The countries you listed make up only about half the population of the EU +Russia.

Lastly in terms of gaming markets you should look at all countries affected not just the ones with the biggest market. Also those numbers include consoles which are irrelevant for this discussion.

Still. It wouldn't hurt to test MO2 on an NA server to see how EU players would get affected and Australians, Asians, etc.
I highly doubt EU players would suffer extremely playing in a NA server. If you're not open to an idea like this, why are you even playing the alpha?

Skydancer

May 28, 2020
I voted indifferent as well - those are great stats. Nice work digging them up and theorising Other. As great as a ping improvement would be here in AU, somehow I predict going from 350 to 250 will make much if any difference to my experience. This also is indeed the time to be asking these kinds of questions. I have no answers, only more questions, so if you are looking for answers stop here.

Would it result in hordes of other Oceanics to join that were thinking "Gee this game looks great but I cant play with 300-350 ping. Get that down to 200-250 and I am all in!" Unlikely. Same for any other higher ping region.

By that same token, is that NA playerbase going to do a 180 on the game because the advantage has been given to them? By how much? And how much of EU/Russia will disappear? 50%? 10%?

Obviously nobody can answer these questions and I agree with the sentiment of Valoran's statement that an NA server will result in a net reduction in global average ping, once again based on assumptions and modelling projections of interested gaming markets.

In short; There's really no way to predict what a change like this will do to player retention/attraction if anything at all. If the game is good it might even be an irrelevant factor to it's success. These hordes of NA players who played the game, decided that 100-150 ping is unbearable and left; did they leave due to the ping or due to the critical game mechanic issues?

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
I'm doing this for the betterment of a whole, not myself. I'm sorry you can't see that.

I dont mind having the server in NA instead of EU, most of my guild mates would get a better ping from that. But i dont see how it will make the whole better, when there will still be the same ping differences. I think by "as a whole" you probably mean NA vs NA fights might be better.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Huh?

We're talking about the statistics of where players are from, and MO1 is totally fine to use to show that kind of statistic.
Why did you make the vote closed? I want to see who votes in this poll. I will now create 20+ accounts and will vote in this thread =) and no one will see me in the poll. initially your voting was open and you could see who was voting

It's like a presidential election =)) and the counting of votes behind the scenes.

Reactions: Goltarion

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
😂

Thats at best.

Also the thing is, China sits at the top of the gaming market - however, I don't buy into the idea that MO2 is going to 'take off' in China, given numerous games / mmos being banned for specific things, as well as the types of games that usually are popular there.

In short, I don't think we should use China as a driving point in determining server location. MO1 can also be used to show the AS population was in significantly tiny.

Keurk

May 28, 2020
France
www.youtube.com
I don't think you're wrong at all.

NA - 83.64%
SA - 3.64%
EU - 10.91%
AS - 0%
OCE - 1.81%
i like your way of thinking Handsome but this is very biased .You NA, you have a discord with probably a majority of people who follow your activities ,or are accorded somehow to your timezone. And you have some EU, the few guys who don't sleep, work at night, etc.
If i do this from my discord, i have basically the same results as you do, but inversed. EU being 80%.

While you are probably right about the fact there is more NA players than EU players, what thing i am very certain about is MO population is not composed of 80%+ na players vs rest.It is probably more like 55 or 60% NA.

Anyway, im confused talking numbers out of our asses. Is there any fucking way to know the exact numbers ? if starvault don't want transparencies and dont want to aknowledge us, is there any other way we can get numbers ? trought steam maybe,since now the game can only be launch via steam ? steam charts are inexistent yet.
I'd like thoses numbers, not to prove you wrong or anything, but just to add accuracy and details into this

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Why did you make the vote closed? I want to see who votes in this poll. I will now create 20+ accounts and will vote in this thread =) and no one will see me in the poll. initially your voting was open and you could see who was voting

It's like a presidential election =)) and the counting of votes behind the scenes.

Ok? Sure, go for it. You've yet to say anything that counters what I've put out, but if your response is to claim people are rigging votes on an alpha game is pretty sad.

The viewing was closed because you're trying to derail a topic by making up falsehoods, and rather then continuing to humor them I turned it off.

You do realize people have been spreading the thread and actively getting people to participate since its important?

I told people in my discord to sign up and at the minimum vote. Not sure why that seems so far fetched.

Status
Not open for further replies.