Votes: 45 26.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
i like your way of thinking Handsome but this is very biased .You NA, you have a discord with probably a majority of people who follow your activities ,or are accorded somehow to your timezone. And you have some EU, the few guys who don't sleep, work at night, etc.
If i do this from my discord, i have basically the same results as you do, but inversed. EU being 80%.

While you are probably right about the fact there is more NA players than EU players, what thing i am very certain about is MO population is not composed of 80%+ na players vs rest.It is probably more like 55 or 60% NA.

Anyway, im confused talking numbers out of our asses. Is there any fucking way to know the exact numbers ? if starvault don't want transparencies and dont want to aknowledge us, is there any other way we can get numbers ? trought steam maybe,since now the game can only be launch via steam ? steam charts are inexistent yet.
I'd like thoses numbers, not to prove you wrong or anything, but just to add accuracy and details into this

No I agree. I prefaced this already. I don't expect every single guild to follow suit, though I'd be interested in seeing what other guilds compositions are like.

Yeah, no. I never said the MO pop was 80%+ NA. I said this vote is probably, at lowest going to be 65% for an NA server.

Also yeah. Go back a few posts, I posted SteamSpy stats / graphs from MO1 on Steam.

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
Why did you make the vote closed? I want to see who votes in this poll. I will now create 20+ accounts and will vote in this thread =) and no one will see me in the poll. initially your voting was open and you could see who was voting

It's like a presidential election =)) and the counting of votes behind the scenes.

The more you talk the worse you make Russians look..

• Haha
Reactions: Steinerr

Goltarion

Jun 3, 2020
Not that it really matters, but ofc if you have votes visible first and then decide to change that, it seems like you want to hide something (e.g. making alt accounts to boost this vote, which would ofc be ridiculous and i dont think anyone would be doing that)

Reactions: Zbuciorn and Svaar

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Ok? Sure, go for it. You've yet to say anything that counters what I've put out, but if your response is to claim people are rigging votes on an alpha game is pretty sad.

The viewing was closed because you're trying to derail a topic by making up falsehoods, and rather then continuing to humor them I turned it off.

You do realize people have been spreading the thread and actively getting people to participate since its important?

I told people in my discord to sign up and at the minimum vote. Not sure why that seems so far fetched.
Am I trying to break the topic? Or maybe you don't like it when people express their thoughts that do not coincide with yours? I'm not trying to break the topic? Really? I have my point of view which does not coincide with yours. if you don't like listening to the opinions of other people, then you shouldn't have started this topic at all. I gave a counterweight for each of your points and brought up my arguments why this vote at this stage of the development of the game does not make any sense. everything else is your desires and far-fetched statistics from the first part of the game that does not matter for the second part of the game. And yes, if you hid the poll, then you have something to hide, it's logical.

Limmbo

Jul 10, 2020
tired of America's arrogance everywhere, you are people like us, come down from heaven to earth

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Am I trying to break the topic? Or maybe you don't like it when people express their thoughts that do not coincide with yours? I'm not trying to break the topic? Really? I have my point of view which does not coincide with yours. if you don't like listening to the opinions of other people, then you shouldn't have started this topic at all. I gave a counterweight for each of your points and brought up my arguments why this vote at this stage of the development of the game does not make any sense. everything else is your desires and far-fetched statistics from the first part of the game that does not matter for the second part of the game. And yes, if you hid the poll, then you have something to hide, it's logical.

You didn't, and I don't - that's the funny part.

I just want a better game experience for more people. You guys are the one coming in acting irrationally.

But thats okay, luckily it allows everyone in full view of how you act.

Reactions: Steinerr

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
You didn't, and I don't - that's the funny part.

I just want a better game experience for more people. You guys are the one coming in acting irrationally.

But thats okay, luckily it allows everyone in full view of how you act.
why do you think you have the right to speak from the entire gaming community? we all want the game to develop but develop for everyone and not for one region.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
@Handsome Young Man the real sad fact is that more than 50% of yes votes comes from people who just joined the forum in last week, majority of them has 0 activity on this forum other than this poll vote.
(numbers taken yesterday before you blocked view)

People who just never bothered to come here to discuss, provide feedback, opinions, suggestions, cast vote on other polls; all the sudden joined only for this poll.

Its like saying: "no NA server, so we don't care about your game".

I repeat I'm not against moving server to NA, I just voted yes to put end to all this.
You already had majority of votes to YES even without counting last week joined accounts.

It's just disrespectful to whole community who followed MO project for long time (i'm not counting me in).

There were no need to add this big amount of homogeneous "fresh" votes to demonstrate actual community preference, that's all.

P.S.
Please do not start the "Increase movement speed, attack speed, reduce parry window" poll after SV will eventually move server to NA.

Last edited:

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
@Handsome Young Man the real sad fact is that more than 50% of yes votes comes from people who just joined the forum in last week, majority of them has 0 activity on this forum other than this poll vote.
(numbers taken yesterday before you blocked view)

People who just never bothered to come here to discuss, provide feedback, opinions, suggestions, cast vote on other polls; all the sudden joined only for this poll.

Its like saying: "no NA server, so we don't care about your game".

I repeat I'm not against moving server to NA, I just voted yes to put end to all this.
You already had majority of votes to YES even without counting last week joined accounts.

It's just disrespectful to whole community who followed MO project for long time (i'm not counting me in).

There were no need to add this big amount of homogeneous "fresh" votes to demonstrate actual community preference, that's all.

P.S.
Please do not start the "Increase movement speed, attack speed, reduce parry window" poll after SV will eventually move server to NA.

Ah yes, telling people to sign up and vote surely had nothing to do with it. No-no, it was rigged. /s

Do you read what you type?

People from my own group, who don't participate in the Discord or on the forums made an account just to vote because I told them it was important.

And I'm sure there are others who did the same.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
why do you think you have the right to speak from the entire gaming community? we all want the game to develop but develop for everyone and not for one region.

We are just trying to suggest the idea of moving the server to the US to see if the desynch issues that SV has been telling us about, would get better with this idea. This is why there was a voting poll created to see how many people would like to see this idea be implemented so that we can show SV how many people are interested in it. We don't speak for anyone. We speak about ideas and suggestions that might work or sound good to SV.

You on the other hand Svaar. You're just a troll and annoying at this rate, you haven't contributed to shit. If you really didn't like the idea, why not just give your input/opinion and then leave? Why do you have to start accusing this thread of rigging the votes? Even though it's clear to everyone that it isn't rigged? I know you hate the idea of having this server moved but, no one said anything about trying to make this change happen. It was just a suggestion/idea to see how many were interested, clearly, a lot of people were interested in the idea and voted for it. That is how a closed beta works, we give our input and our ideas in order to make this project work. If you don't wanna help and just cause trouble then leave.

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
Ah yes, telling people to sign up and vote surely had nothing to do with it. No-no, it was rigged. /s

Do you read what you type?

People from my own group, who don't participate in the Discord or on the forums made an account just to vote because I told them it was important.

And I'm sure there are others who did the same.
I never said it's rigged, where did you read it within my post?
I did read, did you the same?

As a OP you had the scope to collect valid heterogeneous data, if you really cared about the overall world wide player experience as you claim.
You just put in many votes from an homogeneous part of population (your group, that never cared about to express themselves on other important questions), expecting others doing the same like it was a some sort of race/fight.
If you really cared about you should have been coordinated with other guilds from other continents, or should have provided an heterogeneous group of users instead of your group only, or neither at all.

Do you are aware how data collection really works?

I'm no here to flame you, I appreciate your initial poll idea (even if a made some humor since this thing is monopolizing forum cyclically), I'm just being demoralized by the way you drove the entire thing.

Clarified my point of view, I'm not going to dirt your thread anymore with my thoughts.
Since you are taking all on personal, I'm not going to start a dispute over here.

Reactions: Svaar and Xunila

Apocryphal

May 28, 2020
Im just gonna inject that this whole thread is silly, and the entire premise is broken.
Move the server or not, but why are we discussing it?

If they have more people playing, histrorically, that would get a benefit from it being in NA then they have the information to see that. They have the exact player location information, we dont.
And the polling and "get people to ask their guildies" approach to trying and making an informed suggestion should make anyone with any information gathering or statistics experience sigh.
Additionally there is plenty of factors that we would have no clue about which can influence the decision, developing on a more remote server, cost, already made licensing agreements etc. etc.

TLDR: We lack information to make any educated suggestion, and have no way to gather it in a way that isnt stupid. If the decision to move it makes sense then SV has all the info they need to make the decision, and this thread is pointless.

I get that this is just an attempt to get a change through for someones own benefit, better for the game or not. Do keep up the forum warring.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I never said it's rigged, where did you read it within my post?
I did read, did you the same?

As a OP you had the scope to collect valid heterogeneous data, if you really cared about the overall world wide player experience as you claim.
You just put in many votes from an homogeneous part of population (your group, that never cared about to express themselves on other important questions), expecting others doing the same like it was a some sort of race/fight.
If you really cared about you should have been coordinated with other guilds from other continents, or should have provided an heterogeneous group of users instead of your group only, or neither at all.

Do you are aware how data collection really works?

I'm no here to flame you, I appreciate your initial poll idea (even if a made some humor since this thing is monopolizing forum cyclically), I'm just being demoralized by the way you drove the entire thing.

Clarified my point of view, I'm not going to dirt your thread anymore with my thoughts.
Since you are taking all on personal, I'm not going to start a dispute over here.

It's sarcasm being played off what the recent posters have been claiming.

My guilds opinion is just as important as anyone else considering they played MO1, with multiple accounts, and have bought into MO2 to play / test. To say that they are obligated to participate elsewhere is a strawman of an argument. Yes, people who don't have forum accounts have to s i g n u p to v o t e. That's how that works.

Why are they obligated to comment, debate, and do anything else on here? Who gives a fuck. This topic heavily pertained to their gameplay experience in the future therefore it mattered heavily to them, and they left their opinion in way of a vote. This is a public forum, and was put in a public Discord. But all people can manage to do is talk shit about U.S. players for no other reason then "ugh another US player whining. stop crying and deal with it!!" When it isn't even ABOUT U.S. players.

Am I aware how data collection really works? Yeah, I went and gathered data today just to bring it to you guys - the community - to show actual proof, and you know what I get told? "that data is 15 years old". MO1 only has been out for 10. I get told the data is irrelevant even though it immediately pertains to MO2 as it was data from the game before it and about where players were from. It's like you guys are expecting me to just pull data, graphs, studies, etc. out of thing fucking air to absolutely 110% back up every word I type. When 9 out of 10 times people just sling out bullshit with no actual proof to back it.

Thanks. You dislike the way I did it, by leaving it completely open only to have people say the same dumb shit excuses I always hear from this community? Not surprised. I'd like you to go and make your own thread of discussion and lets see how you lead it, how you defend it, how you present it. When you do that - I'll then actually take this comment with some thought. Not even trying to be offensive, but from my position I don't recall you doing that.

You can't just interject yourself into a conversation / thread and expect me to just take everything in, especially if I take issue with it or disagree, and just nod and move on. Like you're literally being condescending with your earlier post by telling me "well if the server moves u have no right to question combat". How about actually debate me on the topic, or express view points; instead of trying to use one item of topic to shut down other items.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Im just gonna inject that this whole thread is silly, and the entire premise is broken.
Move the server or not, but why are we discussing it?

If they have more people playing, histrorically, that would get a benefit from it being in NA then they have the information to see that. They have the exact player location information, we dont.
And the polling and "get people to ask their guildies" approach to trying and making an informed suggestion should make anyone with any information gathering or statistics experience sigh.
Additionally there is plenty of factors that we would have no clue about which can influence the decision, developing on a more remote server, cost, already made licensing agreements etc. etc.

TLDR: We lack information to make any educated suggestion, and have no way to gathere it in a way that isnt stupid. If the decision to move it makes sense then SV has all the info they need to make the decision, and this thread is pointless.

Literally ripped data straight from Steam because SV, to my knowledge, has never shared this information and I highly doubt they will. I'd love to be proved wrong.

It's a good thing this is a game forum and not a job. Never knew advertising the idea of getting peoples opinion on a topic within groups was a bad idea. You know, people who are going to play the game. That directly will effect their experience.

The only thing I can really argue is prior agreements. We have no clue about this, but we do know from previous experiences that the servers have moved from Sweden, to France, to the UK. So the idea of a more 'remote server' just doesn't really hold much truth, and cost is a pointless topic of debate. Henrik develops and pioneers the creation of MO2 because of passion alone. I'm aware that real life interrupts that and can put halts on such things, but Henrik really doesn't have worry from a monetary side of things. If this was the case - he would of stopped MO1 dead in its tracks a long time ago and stopped entirely and pursued something more fruitful.

TL;DR

We don't lack information entirely, so I disagree. I've provided one that "isn't a way that is stupid". So has @Valoran . Finally, you declaring the thread is pointless - is pointless. If your entire purpose of typing a response is to conclude it is 'pointless', then you are therefore wasting time alongside myself by that logic.

How about... instead of jumping the gun and trying to 'conclude' peoples discussions simply because in your eyes it isn't seen their way, try presenting your own ideas and or counter arguments or say nothing at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.