Votes: 45 26.0%
  • Indifferent

Votes: 20 11.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
want a server NA? ok then divide the game into regions. NA, Asia and Europe. even Amazon does not think about servers being located only in America =) finding a server in America is a utopia for residents of Europe and the CIS region (ukr/bel/rus/kaz etc).

in this vote does not accept a large number of players due to the fact that they do not even enter the forum.

Henrik already stated he will not be dividing servers among regions nor' would he let continents hold their own regional servers. NA servers benefit more people flatly then EU based servers.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
I honestly don't care if they even moved the server to North Korea at this point. I vote for yes since NA players keep crying about their ping in MO and feel like they would be so much better at the game with a better ping. I would, either way, have a good ping on MO2 even if they moved the server in the US. But since the US is a big country, it would depend if they put the server in the east or in the west. (or in the middle)

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I honestly don't care if they even moved the server to North Korea at this point. I vote for yes since NA players keep crying about their ping in MO and feel like they would be so much better at the game with a better ping. I would, either way, have a good ping on MO2 even if they moved the server in the US. But since the US is a big country, it would depend if they put the server in the east or in the west. (or in the middle)

It benefits more players globally, that is the purpose. It would be ideal on the east coast so EU players aren't left behind.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020
It benefits more players globally, that is the purpose. It would be ideal on the east coast so EU players aren't left behind.

Assuming most players will be from the NA this time, it would be very beneficial to them to have the server closer. Plus, MO1 was most active when NA players were on. I agree with the server being in the US since there's a lot of NA players than EU players. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Assuming most players will be from the NA this time, it would be very beneficial to them to have the server closer. Plus, MO1 was most active when NA players were on. I agree with the server being in the US since there's a lot of NA players than EU players. (I think, correct me if I'm wrong.)

I don't think you're wrong at all.

I get a lot of people might have specific language-speaking guilds, but most MO1 guilds were comprised of mostly NA players (To my knowledge). That isn't to say all, but most. But even guilds that predominately spoke different languages still has U.S. players for example in their guild.

Just a look at the anatomy of my own guilds 'regions'. Which we will break down into 5 regions.

• North America (Chicago, Dallas, Miami, San Jose, Washington, New York);
  • South America (São Paulo);
  • Europe + UK (Amsterdam, Moscow, London);
  • Asia (Hong Kong, Singapore);
  • Oceania (Sydney).

So NA (North America), SA (South America), EU (Europe), AS (Asia), and OCE (Oceania).

I'm not giving exact numbers or whom is in my guild, but this is how it boils down in terms of players to regions.

(* Disclaimer. I gave wrong numbers on my guild in Discord because I went purely off the 'amount' and didn't account for bots and or people having other meme-discord accounts in our Discord server.)

NA - 83.64%
SA - 3.64%
EU - 10.91%
AS - 0%
OCE - 1.81%

And again, no I didn't go back and 'fluff' numbers from my original Discord claims. It kind of shows my guild is still heavily NA, not even by choice; that's just how it has worked out. Are other guilds going to reflect this same kind of pattern? Obviously not - but I can guarantee the amount of NA, SA, and OCE players outweigh heavily (The three regions that benefit from a server in NA.)

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I'd be interested in people collecting data from their collective guilds and presenting the percentages of their players in those five regions. I could attempt to try and do it, but I'm not about to jump into DM's with multiple people and try to find out.

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
I hope Henrik won't take this step for the sake of this ping cry. Since this step will bury the project for Europe and the CIS region. The most correct solution is to separate the two regions.

Once again, I repeat that this vote is irrelevant since most of the players do not even know about it, and the majority does not go to the forum and read it.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
I hope Henrik won't take this step for the sake of this ping cry. Since this step will bury the project for Europe and the CIS region. The most correct solution is to separate the two regions.

Once again, I repeat that this vote is irrelevant since most of the players do not even know about it, and the majority does not go to the forum and read it.

This isn't a 'ping cry'. This is a move that would help more people in the game, so long as Henrik's words ring true about fixing the sync. problem as well as managing higher pings.

It wont bury the project for EU. To say that is equal to it remaining in the EU that it is burying NA, SA, AU, and Japan. There's not much to say on the AS region but to be honest I don't see MO2, just like MO1, having much of an AS presence. There wasn't really one in MO1.

Henrik has stated he will not be dividing the community between two servers, so this is not an option. I too would agree, two servers would be better then one; but he is dead set on this. Hence the idea for one singular server moved.

The vote is not irrelevant. Even though the forums do not fully encompass all players who will be playing MO2, it does give us an idea of things however because even if topics are 'under represented' there is bits and pieces from different regions, groups, guilds, etc. I actually think if all of the playerbase HAD to vote, the vote wouldn't change dramatically. The most I see it dipping is down to 65% for an NA server, 18-25% for no server change (EU server), and 10-17% being indifferent.

Why do people need to read the forums to understand the topic? You do realize I for example brought the thread to attention to my group and told them if any of them didn't have an account to go make one and vote so that they are at least represented? I've put this thread in the Discord twice, and talked about it before. It's not like I'm misleading them or skewing votes, this is what people coming out and showing their opinions looks like.

To invalidate it is to invalidate their responses and opinions, which I disagree with.

The irrelevant thing to do, is to call it irrelevant; and not present an alternative solution whilst you point a finger and say "whiner".

Limmbo

Jul 10, 2020
Dear Americans, if you don't want to play with European players, ask the developers to add a second region

I personally don't want to play with 200+ ping from Russia

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Dear Americans, if you don't want to play with European players, ask the developers to add a second region

It's been denied. Henrik is sticking with 1 server, please read the post above.

No one wants to play with 200+ ping, but we should put the server that benefits the most players; that will support growth and longevity.

FurSail

Oct 15, 2020

Even then multiple servers would kill the game. Mortal Online was always intended to be played on one single server. No matter what, Henrik has said that it will stick like that in MO2.

Reactions: Zbuciorn

Limmbo

Jul 10, 2020
Just understand that Asia, America and the CIS can play on the European server, and on the American server only America

Limmbo

Jul 10, 2020
well, if you want to remove 3 regions from the game at once and make it exclusively for america, where people mostly prefer the console and not the pc, then I wish you good luck with 100 people online

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
As the title says.

Since Henrik is dead set on a single server, and the idea of two different servers of separate game versions, or continents that have different server regions has been confirmed (for now) not something he wishes to do.

I'm making another thread as a message straight to SV: Move the servers to North America.

The player base as a whole would more then benefit from this, and in your own words Henrik and many other players "This should still be fine with the systems you've designed."

I'm going to be super biased and say this now, MO1 had it's run in the EU for 10+ years. NA should have their turn now, as it makes much more sense then where it is currently located.

I want as much participation as possible in this thread, I'll be getting my guild to sign up on the forums for the members who haven't just so they too put their word in. I want to see where people really stand on this subject.

For what? Why you think you right? I think you wrong, Try to explain the rationale from the economic and other sides or you're a babbler.

Reactions: Avonis and Zbuciorn
Status
Not open for further replies.