Beta Patch Notes 0.1.0.33
15 February, 2021
- Added new gore system.
– Slashing deaths can now remove limbs.
– Piercing deaths now trigger specific death effects.
– Blunt deaths now have more impact.
- Added support for better death synchronization.
- Added better AI support for herd-behavior.
- Added Myrland Jungle.
- Added Wisents.
- Added new sounds for Kallards.
- Added Jungle Camp.
- Tindremene constitution cap increased from 92 to 96.
- Tindremene strength cap increased from 96 to 100.
- Increased length of two-handed axe handles.
- Replaced humanoid idle sequences / poses with new ones.
- Creatures now properly rotate in place with movement instead of swiveling like a turret.
- Creatures can now turn their head and look at players while staying stationary instead of rotating in place while doing so. (if they are interested in the player that is…)
- Creatures now bank and and turn while running around in different directions.
- Increased stats on Steel for armor crafting.
- Players now turn their lower body while sprinting diagonally.
- Character rotate-in-place is now better synced with the ground and does not cause the character body to stutter or the physics to misbehave.
- Paperdoll camera has been updated to better match the height of the character. (both preview and fullscreen)
- Characters and fauna now play idles at different timings so that they no longer pretend they are in a synchronized dance show.
- Updated the small icons to the right of your attributes.
- You can now move the chat window.
- Chatsize and chat position now get saved.
- Paperdoll now display stat caps.
- Paperdoll attribute tool tips now display clade modifiers and weight modifiers.
- Finished most of the clade buffs including all war cries.
- Tweaked AI in fleeing mode a bit.
- Changed all the attribute clade gifts.
- Creating a guild now only takes gold if you successfully create the guild.
- Clade gift attribute bonuses are no longer raw.
- Unnecessary call in character tick removed that could save a few CPU cycles.
- Hands no longer disappear in first person at grazing angles. (rare issue that only happened when just the tip of the fingers were visible)
- Left weapon swings no longer plays unarmed or handle hit sounds.
- Character body no longer stutters when turning around while stationary. (characters are also “planted” again in combat mode, but are missing rotate-in-place animations)
- Character physics on body/cape/armor/hair no longer behaves oddly when turning around while stationary.
- Blainn male hairstyle 2 are now properly attached to the head. (it had a slight detachment due to physics)
- Creatures no longer get randomly stuck in a frozen walking pose during idle sequences.
- Weight now affect max stats in char creation.
- Added clade gifts to character creation screen which update based on selected clade.
- Weight modifier for strength now affect body strength in char creation.
- Attribute increase/decrease messages should now take into account clade gifts and weight modifiers.
- Fixed calculation errors in character creation.
- Fixed a couple of issues with vendors.
- Fixed issue where clade gifts wouldn’t always trigger unless you relogged.
- Fixed issues with guild UI with lots of members.
- Fixed issue with murder list not resetting the UI making the list very long.
- Fixed issues with the clade gift experience meter.
- Fixed issues with clade gifts not correctly showing as in cool-down when used.
- Fixed street lights in Cave Camp.
- Landscape fixes.
- Optimization: One of the core game systems updated with possible performance improvements. (just a tiny bit) in crowded areas.
- Optimization: Animation code refactored/improved for players and creatures. (could improve CPU performance slightly as a side-effect)
- Crash fix: Playing equipment hit sounds no longer crash the game on odd occasions. (related to players being removed)
- Crash fix: Music playback would sometimes crash the game. (crash report seems related to login/logout but is not definitive)
- Crash fix: VOIP would sometimes crash on initialization after loading the world.
- Crash fix: Rare issue in low level code fixed.
- Jungle is still work in progress and under optimization.