Updated 15th February 2023
The following agreement is an exact copy of the agreement provided to players upon launching Mortal Online 2.
END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT
YOU SHOULD CAREFULLY READ THE FOLLOWING END USER LICENSE AGREEMENT BEFORE INSTALLING THIS SOFTWARE PROGRAM. THIS AGREEMENT DESCRIBES THE TERMS ON WHICH STAR VAULT AB (“STAR VAULT”) OFFERS YOU ACCESS TO PLAY THE MORTAL ONLINE 2 ROLE PLAYING COMPUTER GAME (THE “GAME” OR “SERVICE”). BY PRESSING THE “I ACCEPT” BUTTON, YOU ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BELOW. BY PRESSING THE “I DECLINE” BUTTON, YOU DECLINE OUR OFFER, IN WHICH CASE YOU MUST NOT USE THIS SOFTWARE, YOU MUST DELETE THE SOFTWARE AND ALL RELATED FILES FROM YOUR COMPUTER, RETURN THE GAME SOFTWARE AND ALL RELATED MATERIAL TO THE PLACE OF PURCHASE FOR A FULL REFUND OR EXCHANGE BASED ON THE RETURN POLICY OF THE SPECIFIC RETAILER.
If you have any questions regarding these terms and conditions, please contact customer service at e-mail [email protected].
1. Services are available only to adults or, in their discretion, their minor children. If you are a minor, your parent(s) or guardian(s) must accept this Agreement, in which case they will take full responsibility for all obligations under this Agreement. By clicking the “I Accept” button, you represent that you are an adult and are either accepting this Agreement on behalf of yourself or your child.
2. To play the Game, you must (a) purchase a license for Mortal Online 2 from the Mortal Online 2 web site https://(www.mortalonline2.com or the steam store page https://store.steampowered.com/app/1170950/Mortal_Online_2/ (b) have a valid subscription to the service; and (c) have an Internet connection (which we do not provide) to access the service. In addition to any fees described herein, you are responsible for paying all applicable taxes (including those we are not required to collect) and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you incur to access the service. This Agreement does not entitle you to any subsequent releases of the Software, nor to any expansion packs or similar ancillary products. You understand that we may update or otherwise enhance the Software at any time and in doing so incur no obligation to furnish such updates to you pursuant to this Agreement.
3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion. Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you access the service (log into the game). Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the notification available for your review.
4. We describe our fees and billing procedures at https://www.mortalonline2.com], which are incorporated by reference. All fees are prepaid and non-refundable. Upon your acceptance of these terms, you authorise us to charge your credit card or other provided payment method a subscription service fee when ordered by you, plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect. Thereafter, on the applicable date of renewal, we will charge your credit card the then-current renewal rate plus any applicable taxes we are required to collect, and you authorize us to do so. If we are unable to process your payment method at a renewal period, your access to the service may be immediately terminated.
5. We may terminate this Agreement (including your Software license) immediately and without notice if you breach this Agreement or repeatedly infringe any third party intellectual property rights, or if we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us, or upon gameplay, chat or any player activity whatsoever which is, in our sole discretion, inappropriate and/or in violation of the spirit of the Game as set forth in the policies which are posted at https://www.mortalonline2.com/help-center/account-help/ under policies. If we terminate this Agreement under these circumstances, you will lose access to the service for the balance of any prepaid period without any refund. We may also terminate this Agreement if we decide, in our sole discretion, to discontinue offering the Game, in which case we may provide you with a prorated refund of any prepaid amounts.
6. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, we hereby grant to you a non-exclusive license to use the Software solely in connection with playing the Game via an authorized and fully-paid Account. You may not distribute, rent, lease, loan modify or create derivative works, adapt, translate, perform, display, sublicense or transfer Software. You may not copy any of the written materials accompanying the Software. You may not reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Software except to the extent that this restriction is expressly prohibited by applicable law. The Software may contain license management software that restricts your use of the Software.
7. We and our suppliers shall retain ownership of all intellectual property rights relating to or residing in the Software and the Game. The Software is a commercial item.
8. You may not use any third party software to modify the client in order to change Game play or manipulate the client. You may not alter game files stored on your computer which affect the game client, including .ini files. You may not use means of unattended game play such as macros or bots, this includes macros not supported by the in-game client, macros or bots that perform complex actions such as gathering a resource and transferring it somewhere else, any macros used during combat, mechanical means, or any other means deemed to be in violation by Star Vault. Simple macros that perform basic actions such as pressing the same key repeatedly do fall under this category. If a Game Master suspects you of macroing simple actions and you do not respond to them in time, you will be removed from the server.
9. If you are found to be exploiting, you will be subject to disciplinary action such as temporary or permanent removal of your access to the game. We define an exploit as intentionally engaging with a bug, game mechanic, system, or property of the game in a way unintended by the game designers in order to gain a competitive advantage. Although we address each occurrence of this on a case by case basis, this section generally refers to acts by players which intentionally disrupt the “fair play” of our game. For example, intentionally crashing your game client to safely exit your character from the game world faster than you otherwise would be able to in order to save yourself is also considered an exploit and is punishable.
10. You may not sell, buy or auction any Star Vault characters, items, coin or copyrighted material, also known as RMT or “Real money trade”. You may not use our intellectual property rights contained in the Game or the Software to create or provide any other means through which the Game may be played by others, as through server emulators. You may not take any action which imposes an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure. You may not transfer any Star Vault intellectual property including characters, items, coin or copyrighted material based on any sale outside the in game economy, this includes giving mentioned Star Vault intellectual property away as incentives or “freebies” to a sale.
11. To access the service, you will be required to choose at least one (1) player name for your character within the Game. While you are encouraged to use a pseudonym, especially if you are a minor, you may not pick a name that violates any third party’s trademarks, publicity rights, proprietary rights or which Star Vault deems in its discretion to be vulgar or otherwise offensive. Star Vault reserves the right to delete duplicative, vulgar or otherwise offensive login or player names, or to require you to change such login or player names. You are entirely liable for all activities conducted through your Account and the login and player names registered to your Account.
12. Former members whose Accounts have been terminated by Star Vault may not use the Software, access an Account and play the Game in any manner or for any reason without the written consent of Star Vault. Active members may not knowingly allow a former member whose Accounts have been terminated to use the active Members’ Accounts or login name or player name.
As part of your Account, you can upload content, including but not limited to graphics, to our servers in various forms, such as in the selections you make for the Game and in chat rooms and similar user-to-user areas (collectively, your “Content”). Your Content shall not (a) infringe any third party intellectual property, other proprietary or publicity/privacy rights (i.e., possible confusion of a fan web site with an official web site); (b) violate any law or regulation; (c) be defamatory, obscene, child pornographic or harmful to minors; or (d) contain any viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. We may take action with respect to your Content if we believe that such Content may create liability for us or may cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our Internet Service Providers (“ISPs”) or other suppliers. You hereby grant to us a worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) right to exercise all intellectual property rights, in any media now known or not currently known, associated with your Content. You acknowledge, however, that Star Vault does not pre-screen Content or communication over your access to the service and play of the Game.
13. We cannot ensure that your private communications and other personally identifiable information will not be disclosed to third parties. For example, we may be forced to disclose information to the government or third parties under certain circumstances, or third parties may unlawfully intercept or access transmission or private communications. Additionally, we can (and you authorize us to) disclose any information about you to private entities, law enforcement or other government officials as we, in our sole discretion, believe necessary or appropriate to investigate or resolve possible problems or inquiries. You agree that we may communicate with you via email and any similar technology for any purpose relating to the Game, the Software and any services or software which may in the future be provided by us on your behalf. You may choose to visit third party web sites, if they offer services such as chat rooms or other services of interest to you. You are subject to the terms and conditions, privacy customs and policies of such third parties, different rules may apply to their use or disclosure of personal information you disclose to others.
14. WE PROVIDE THE SOFTWARE, THE GAME AND ALL OTHER SERVICES “AS IS”. WE AND OUR SUPPLIERS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NONINFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. Without limiting the foregoing, we do not ensure continuous, error-free, secure or virus-free operation of the Software, the Game, or service. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific legal rights and you may also have other legal rights which vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.
15. IN NO EVENT SHALL WE, OUR PARENT, OUR AFFILIATES OR OUR SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR TO ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY LOST PROFITS OR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (HOWEVER ARISING, INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR ACCOUNT, THE GAME, THE SOFTWARE OR THIS AGREEMENT. Some jurisdictions do not allow the foregoing limitations of liability, so they may not apply to you.
16. You shall comply with all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations regarding your use of the Software, your access to the service and your playing of the Game. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not download, use or otherwise export or re-export the Software in full compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
17. Your use of the Software, your access to your Account and your playing the Game constitutes your agreement to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Star Vault and its affiliated companies, employees, contractors, officers and directors from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees arising of your use or misuse of the Software, your access to your Account and your playing the Game, including a third party’s use or misuse of your password.
18. This agreement shall be governed in accordance with the laws of Sweden. The parties consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the national courts located in Sweden in any action arising out of or relating to this Agreement. The parties waive any other venue to which either party might be entitled by domicile or otherwise. If any part of this Agreement or any of the other Mortal Online 2 agreements are determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of this Agreement and any other Mortal Online 2 agreements shall continue in effect. Our failure to act with respect to a breach by you or others does not waive our right to act with respect to the subsequent or similar breaches. You may not use, copy, modify, sublicense, rent, sell, assign or transfer your rights or obligations in this Agreement except as expressly provided in this Agreement. Any assignment in violation of this Agreement is void. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding and agreement between us and you with respect to the subject matter hereof.
19. All services hereunder are offered by Star Vault AB, a corporation organized under the laws of Sweden, with its mailing address at Södergatan 28, 211 34 Malmö, Sweden. Current rates for using the Game may be obtained from https://www.mortalonline2.com, and such rates are subject to change at any time.
Photosensitive Seizures and Video Games
A small fraction of the population may experience epileptic seizures when exposed to flashing lights or “flickering” as seen in television and video games. If you experience seizure like symptoms while playing Mortal Online 2, or any video game, please discontinue use immediately and seek medical advice. If you have a history of epileptic seizures related to photosensitivity in your family, it is suggested you consult a physician before playing Mortal Online 2.
Parental control protections (such as computer hardware, software or filtering services) are commercially available that may assist you in limiting access to material that is harmful to minors.
Star Vault AB
Game: Mortal Online 2 User Agreement and Software License
Copyright © 2022 Star Vault AB
Contact: [email protected]