What is the purpose of the stress test?
Why release as early access - persistent?
How long is the beta and whats the purpose?
The status of the AI and the plans for it?
Why is MO2 subscription based?
Will there be housing and keeps for persistent?
Bosses and new interest points for persistent.
How does pvp and latency works in MO2?
What about the flagging and standing system?
Will there be a broker house for persistent?
STRESS TEST UPDATE
Dear MO2 players and beta testers!
Our stress test has been running for 4 days now, and we want to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has participated so far and give an update on what’s going on.
An enormous amount of players have been blasting our server over the past few days, which has allowed us to collect a huge amount of data, giving us a very clear picture of what we need to work on in order to improve our systems for early access.
Here is a list of key bottlenecks we were able to identify with your help so far:
* The database became overloaded, which we solved over the weekend.
* Our login / queue system did not perform as expected, and was not allowing a lot of players into the game. We have made many improvements here already but there are more fixes coming during the week. We know this specific problem has been very frustrating for many players so far and we thank you for your patience in helping us improve our systems.
* Our server cluster became overloaded, causing the desync problem in game which made players skip around a lot and some actions become delayed. This will be fixed very soon.
Some good news is that we had only a handful of server crashes and extremely few client crashes.
What happens now:
* We will extend the stress test for a few more days.
* Henrik will continue to stream and the competitions will resume once everything is stable again.
* We will release a new updated roadmap for April.
* We will continue to work on all the issues still present, fixing, optimizing and refining all of our systems.
Thank you all for helping us make Mortal Online 2 be the best game it can be, as well as being a part of this crucial step towards the release.
To those of you who were able to get into the game, we hope you have enjoyed your experience thus far but know there is still so much to come.
The Star Vault development team
What is Mortal Online 2
Mortal Online 2 is a next generation, first-person, sandbox MMORPG set in a fantasy world.
In Mortal Online 2, players are never truly free from danger. There are no specific PvP or safe zones, only an open, realistic world where you are free to choose your own path. Experience true, real-time combat where outcomes are decided by skill rather than levels or gear.
Build your own house, create a guild, construct a keep and forge an empire. With enough power, violence or diplomacy, you and your allies may rule an entire nation.
Mortal Online caters to players of all shapes, sizes and playstyles. Become a legendary crafter whose goods are traded across the globe. Study the art of combat and become a famous warrior. Explore areas never before seen by other players. This is a world where your individual reputation is everything. No matter what path you decide to take, people will recognize you by the impact you've made on the world.
Who will you be?
HOW TO GET ACCESS
TO THE BETA
Mortal Online 2 is currently in Closed Beta.
You can obtain access to the Closed Beta by clicking the link below and following the instructions. Closed Beta keys are currently limited. If you are unable to grab one now, be sure to check back in a few days. We restock frequently.
Please see below for a breakdown of our currently available donation packages. Additional donation options will be made available in the near future.
* Lifetime Subscription
** Loot bags are hand printed, limited edition items from 2009. Once they're out of stock, they're gone for good..
*** Draconigena Armatus helmet is a 1:3 or 1:1 scaled (depending on package) 3d replica of our famous Draconigena Armatus helmet.
Due to high production times, only a certain amount of these items are available each month.