Henrik shared some information and data surrounding the recent ban wave to clean up the game as well as gave a progress update on Project Polish regarding bugfixes, and also talked a bit about Unreal Engine 5 and what it means for Mortal Online 2.
He also held his usual lengthy QnA session, and gave away one free steam key for Mortal Online 2 in the weekly giveaway.
The stream has been archived on our YouTube channel, with timestamps in the description so you can easily review some of Henrik’s comments.
The Recent Ban Wave
Here are some data points from the recent ban wave:
- ~300 accounts were removed
- ~100 houses and strongholds were deleted
- ~600k non-duped gold was deleted
- ~725k duped gold was deleted
- ~750k value in non-duped items and resources was deleted
- ~750k value in duped items and resources was deleted
- In total ~2.8 million gold value was removed from the game
We made an announcement regarding this clean up of accounts last week which you can read here:
Announcement | Regarding the Recent Ban Wave for Exploits
Project Polish Progress Update
- 185 bugs have been fixed since August
- Huge core code refactoring & optimization has taken place
- GM petitions have reduced by ~60% due to fixes such as the new pet following mechanics.
- We now fully support massive battles, with the largest most recent event having over 400 players in one location and running effortlessly on the server. The next area for improvement here is FPS optimizations for large crowds of players.
- Huge improvements have been made to max server capacity in preparation for the Epic release.
Whether you’re a longtime fan of Mortal Online 2 or a newcomer in the world of Nave, dive into the vault with Henrik on Thursdays at 7:00 PM UTC to get your questions answered by the CEO and game designer.
See you in Nave,
The Star Vault Team