How to access the UE5 PTR4
- Open your Steam client and right click Mortal Online 2 in your games library.
- Click ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Betas’ on the left
- Using the ‘Beta Participation’ dropdown menu, click on the Mortal Online PTR branch.
- Your Steam client will then patch your game over to the test branch, and if the servers are up already you will be free to log in as normal.
- Added Tindrem Vocal Theme song to Tindrem.
- Fixed issue with footstep ground traces causing sounds to sometimes not play. This was most noticeable on horses.
- Engineering skills now gain experience when building.
Movement and Combat
- Equipment hits are removed for all equipment types except shields.
- Fixed issue where players could be pushed through walls by mounts and creatures.
Flags and Standing
- Fixed a bug where the pets flag did not always update properly.
- Adjusted config settings to exclude small objects in the distance from shadow passes.
- Moved fur mesh generation to a background thread to reduce creature loading stutter.
- More game assets are added to the preload stage to reduce loading stalls mid game.
- Schedule engine level destruction of gameplay actors over time to reduce micro stutters.
- Reduced the cost of GPU velocity pass.
- Fixed issue where an AI changing growth level would flush async loading and cause a game stall.
- Fixed issue where spell effects could flush async loading and cause a game stall.
Buildings and Placement
- Clarified some placement obstruction messages based on feedback from the previous PTR.
- Supply Storehouses now only add defence to structures which are within 100m of them.
- Removed the limit of only being able to build 1 Supply Storehouse.
- Supply Storehouses now have a placement check, which will not allow placement if you are trying to place one too close to another Supply Storehouse.
- Removed the Guild Guard from Priest Shrine Tier 3.
Guilds and Territory Control
- Only the owners of a building may now pay its upkeep. Upkeep for keeps can be paid by guild members.
- Fixed an issue that caused keep connected buildings to be able to be claimed by other guilds if destroyed.
- Fixed issue where a user could disband a guild, create a new guild, and then automatically reclaim all the structures from the previous guild.
- You can no longer use a Gate Expansion Plan to rebuild a previously existing but destroyed gate expansion to take ownership over it.
- Guild members may not upgrade others houses, only the Owner of a house can upgrade it.
- Fixed players receiving more than one instance of “Glory” even if they have been healing.
- Fixed players healing other players’ pets would not give them a share of the glory.
- Fixed healing calc where tamed/dom/ritual/zombies with full hp was counting as contributing, when you were actually healing for 0.
- Fixed calc where players would sometimes be credited more than intended due to not properly checking Current Max Health.
Characters, AI and NPCs
- Fixed issue in navmesh queries where AI would take shortcuts through the air when going up or down steep slopes.
- AI now have individual spawn timers. This means that two AI killed at the same time will also spawn at the same time.
Input, Engine and Game Settings
- The game now enforces the FOV range seen in the game settings to block players trying to circumvent it by unallowed means.
- Updated physics on all capes and hairstyles due to the physics engine upgrade to Chaos.
UI and Interactions
- Fixed a bug where title progression only updated once in real time.
- Fixed broken grass gathering in a few places in the world.
- Your guild name is now visible in the Social window under the Guild tab.
- You now see a skull icon under the crosshair if you target a murderer and a sword icon if the person is a criminal.
- Fixed issue where users would not be able to enter Nave after leaving Haven without restarting the client.
Lighting, Weather and Environment
- Various art fixes across the world based on bug reports.
- You can now walk on the ropes between buildings in Kranesh again.
- Clear weather is now more common all over Myrland.