How to access the UE5 PTR2
- Open your Steam client and right click Mortal Online 2 in your games library.
- Click ‘Properties’
- Click ‘Betas’ on the left
- Using the ‘Beta Participation’ dropdown menu, click on the Mortal Online PTR branch.
- Your Steam client will then patch your game over to the test branch, and if the servers are up already you will be free to log in as normal.
- Added new camps to points of interest.
- Added Taskmasters to all main town Inns
- Slight CPU optimization by making footstep traces asynchronous.
- Fixed issue with particle systems in Tindrem Garden causing poor performance.
- Updated all player/humanoid component LODs with lower detail and joint count to improve CPU performance (body, hair, beard, armor parts, etc).
- Tweaked level streaming settings to reduce stuttering.
- Updated LODs for all characters with reduced joint counts to improve CPU performance.
- Adjusted scalability settings to reduce overall VRAM usage.
Quality of Life
- Added six sided dice to equipment vendors that allows you to roll a random value by right clicking it.
Guilds and Territory Control
- Fixed an issue causing taxes from vendors to not apply correctly.
- Increased the “tax” the owning guild earns from TC vendor transactions from 5% to 10%.
- Structures which are not “Under Construction” now have their repair effectiveness reduced to 50%.
- Fixed issue with both magic projectiles and siege machine projectiles sometimes instantly exploding/impacting on release despite hitting nothing.
Movement and Combat
- Fixed issue where the loading screen closed too early during level streaming causing players to fall through the ground. It happened frequently when being teleported by GMs, sometimes when teleporting to a priest.
- Fixed an issue causing melee attacks after a feint to sometimes do incorrect damage.
- Increased minimum attack charge duration slightly to raise the damage dealt by clicking to attack. Hitting for zero when attacking should now happen less frequently.
- Parry attacks now have a lower charge duration than normal attacks. This should make the Parry attacks the same speed as before the increased charge duration.
- Greatly improved how the server handles movement updates reducing server cost of movement.
- Improved how the server handles player updates.
- This should lead to the server being able to handle more packages and more players.
- Mounts and Pets
- Fixed issue with passengers not being able to mount ritual pets.
- Fixed eye material that was a bit too shiny for some creatures (for example brown bear).
- Characters, AI and NPCs
- Fixed issue with broken animation keyframe that caused the snout and eyelid on bears and taurdogs to get flip artifacts during idles.
- Fixed issue with broken walk animation on chickens.
UI and Interactions
- Fixed bug where players were sometimes forced to restart their client after leaving Haven to be able to enter Nave.
- Lighting, Weather and Environment
- Updated several environment mesh LODs that were either broken or too low poly.
- Fix light leaks through walls in Kranesh.
- Updated incorrect mesh segment in castle wall.
- Fixed crash caused by an environment actor during loading screen.
- Removed stair steps from a path near Morin Khur that caused players and mounts to get stuck while trying to move up the path.
- Fixed ramps in Risar dungeon where players sometimes got stuck.
Input, Engine and Game Settings
- PTR fix: Fixed issue where the mouse sensitivity values changed between UE4 and UE5.
- Removed Use Recommended Settings from the video settings.
- Removed Use Nanite and Virtual Shadow Maps from the video settings. We decided to cancel support of Nanite due to high VRAM usage and poor performance. Nanite also forced DX12 to be set to SM6, which many GPUs still have issues with.
- DX12 restored to Shader Model 5 now that Nanite is disabled.
- Fixed issue where motion blur got turned off when post process quality was set to low.
- Updated NVIDIA DLSS plugin for Unreal Engine 5.3 to 3.5.2b (nvngx_dlss.dll version 184.108.40.206).
- Most underground areas such as dungeons and caves have incorrect lighting.
- Certain parts of Tindrem at specific times of day have some performance issues in this build causing large framerate drops, we have identified the cause of this internally however if you find any other significantly impacted areas please report them using the in game bug reporter.