You can fix all your log in issues with a wipe. Just wipe already.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Most people rushed haven because house and keep placement was not locked which was highly requested.
Next it was extremely easy to rush out of haven untill the clade exp requirment.

Now you have a queue full of people who can not play the game and can not delete the character to go back to haven.

You front loaded your resources on to haven and these resources still exist. All you have to do is wipe and people will be in haven instead of queue which would free up myrland queue. Then you lock house placement for a week untill so people wont have a reason to leave haven.

This will literally fix all your issue in a day and people would be able to play and since you already caught a lot of the abuses of Haven you would have more integrity in the new nave your have made.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
There has been a long statement by Henrik in Discord about the server queue (and their work to fix it) and about the never coming wipe. In the next days everybody will get the option to start again in Haven.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
There has been a long statement by Henrik in Discord about the server queue (and their work to fix it) and about the never coming wipe. In the next days everybody will get the option to start again in Haven.
Still does not fix the integrity issues that have occured. Another horrible start like mo1 where integrity was never a concern of SV. People are just allowed to abuse and cheat and henrik pretends its not happening.

Days from now people might be able to get in while others have been playing on myrland getting ahead all that time.

One reason MO1 died was just how much abuse and the lack of integrity to the game. Nothing you didnt fairly mattered because others would cheat and abuse systems to get ahead. Why play mo2 when all concerns are ignored and people get to get ahead of you.

The longer they wait on not wiping the worse the situation they are creating and the worse they are hurting their image and the integrity this game could have as a fresh start.

SV had a chance to earn some respect which they desperately need. No one really respect Henrik;s choices for a reason and he honestly doent deserve a lot of respect. Especially when he ignores concerns of the community and then pretends the issue are not happening.

He needs to just suck it up and wipe the server and start fresh again. If hes doesnt it going to continue to ruin the potential this game could have.

Reactions: SirIppo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They blew it already, like I said. still, spam crafting in haven so if it's a wipe (won't be), it better be Myrland. I don't think it fixes the issue, tho, but it would fix the integrity, but, again, they should have shut down Myrland server indefinitely as soon as log in problems began to occur, and even if they didn't, they should DEFINITELY have shut them down by now.

I said before and even tho I been spamming weps, I'd take a refund now. I'm not a MO addict. I came back cuz I like the game princple and I expected that they would have furthered the sandbox. It turned out a bit less than I expected, but I dealt with it. This shit is enough that everyone should have a chance to get their money back, tho.

Their real mistake was not shutting down the servers. They could have left them up for the red eye kids who brute forced thru the drama to gain keeps, but the fact that the servers are still up is insulting, especially considering there is NO FIX in sight and 'in the next coming days we are gonna get a chance to restart in haven' o thx. I already deleted my charz.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
I think a myrland wipe would be pretty unanimously liked, but henrik's fantasy is for the world to have it's own "history" or "mythos," so that we can all sit down in the future and talk about how horrible the launch was! or something to that effect.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Still does not fix the integrity issues that have occured. Another horrible start like mo1 where integrity was never a concern of SV. People are just allowed to abuse and cheat and henrik pretends its not happening.

Days from now people might be able to get in while others have been playing on myrland getting ahead all that time.

One reason MO1 died was just how much abuse and the lack of integrity to the game. Nothing you didnt fairly mattered because others would cheat and abuse systems to get ahead. Why play mo2 when all concerns are ignored and people get to get ahead of you.

The longer they wait on not wiping the worse the situation they are creating and the worse they are hurting their image and the integrity this game could have as a fresh start.

SV had a chance to earn some respect which they desperately need. No one really respect Henrik;s choices for a reason and he honestly doent deserve a lot of respect. Especially when he ignores concerns of the community and then pretends the issue are not happening.

He needs to just suck it up and wipe the server and start fresh again. If hes doesnt it going to continue to ruin the potential this game could have.
There was a group of people not reporting bugs in beta. I think you know who they are. Not sure why you're talking about abuse.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
CTX doesn't approve of a wipe.

The situation is shit as it is, but wiping the game / servers again would be literal suicide for the company. People would grip and grit their teeth about it and still play, but that would make soooooooo many people quit in a heart beat.

In my opinion it is better to just roll with the punches. They had all this time to prepare.

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
Well,many of us were inteligent and patient enough to stay in heaven, and have put many hours already. If they wipe, I would lose about 30hrs of progress, and that is a lot for me.

On day 2, many players in chat wrote to stay in heaven. The devs also askped players to stay in heaven.

If you did not listened to the warnings, then why penalize those that listened to those warnings?

Reactions: Melhisedek

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
I don't suppose you'd consider quoting all or most of it, please?

Dear Mortal Online community.

First of all, I want to apologize for our rocky login and myrland issues that have affected most of you the past few days.
We underestimated the login pressure from players traveling to Myrland from Haven, and the current results we are getting now compared to our stress test are quite different. This is by far the biggest challenge in the entire project so far.
The team has been working 24/7 to add fixes and improvements in this area as soon as possible during the release with some progress, but not nearly enough.
We have today had a specific meeting with additional networking experts to help us faster solve the issues we are currently facing. The good news is that we now have a very good picture of the main issues and how we need to solve them. This requires a few days before it’s fully implemented the way we need it to work. This means we will have a queue number and a fully working login step. The login bounces we have had so far have been identified and we know what we need to do so solve this as well.
We fully understand the frustration of not being able to login to Myrland, and we feel the same pain as you do here.
We will pause all subscription time that is included in the game and make sure this is not enabled again until these issues are solved. If it’s possible we will also give the option to players to go back to Haven if you are in queue. There are a few cases we need to clear such as guild status when going from Myrland to Haven, so we may only start with being able to go back if you haven’t entered Myrland yet while we wait on the fixes for Myrland.
Right now we get a lot of DMs and questions regarding the login status, and we understand your frustrations. We ask you to read our updates on this matter as we cannot read all DMs we are getting sent to our devs, they need to focus on the development now and don’t want to ignore any questions you may send us, but please understand that we need to focus on the issues to be able to solve it as soon as possible, so we ask everyone to follow our update sections on this matter. We are fully aware of all reports and issues currently. We will make sure we do regular updates on our progression so you can follow that on discord/website and on steam.
We strongly suggest any new players remain on Haven so you are able to continue playing until we have further updates with the transition to Myrland.
Thank you for all your support, we will keep you updated on our progress and steps to solve this. We know you’re all eager to get into the game and we’re working very hard on making that happen as fast as possible.

Sincerely,
Henrik Nyström & The Star Vault Team

Reactions: Najwalaylah
D

Deleted member 44

I agree. I don't care about some BS marketing about how you'll never wipe the game. The game hasn't even released yet IMO with how this "launch" is going. Most of your player base can't even play. Also, disable keep placement FFS.

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Also, disable keep placement FFS.
Yeah, its crazy how fast guilds that were a part of testing rushed in and placed keeps. And now no one can log in to contest, if they wanted to. They should have also capped skill gain in Haven so you cannot come out with most of what you need at 100.

D

Deleted member 44

Yeah, its crazy how fast guilds that were a part of testing rushed in and placed keeps. And now no one can log in to contest, if they wanted to. They should have also capped skill gain in Haven so you cannot come out with most of what you need at 100.
My guild stopped BEAR from building their keep today, but guess what, we didn't actually do shit as after we wiped their group we can't do any damage to tear down the astronomical amount of HP it has (even at only 10%). And by "we" I mean them as I haven't been able to play all day. Describing SV as incompetent would be putting it lightly.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
My guild stopped BEAR from building their keep today, but guess what, we didn't actually do shit as after we wiped their group we can't do any damage to tear down the astronomical amount of HP it has (even at only 10%). And by "we" I mean them as I haven't been able to play all day. Describing SV as incompetent would be putting it lightly.
We all knew this system was gonna be dog shit for over 6 months now.

what changed that you’re so upset about it now?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Damn. At least in Shadowbane you could just run a dagger over a wall and cause damage to it. Clarify for me, please: You cannot damage the building at all? Or just not damage it significantly?

Last edited:

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Most people rushed haven because house and keep placement was not locked which was highly requested.
Next it was extremely easy to rush out of haven untill the clade exp requirment.

Now you have a queue full of people who can not play the game and can not delete the character to go back to haven.

You front loaded your resources on to haven and these resources still exist. All you have to do is wipe and people will be in haven instead of queue which would free up myrland queue. Then you lock house placement for a week untill so people wont have a reason to leave haven.

This will literally fix all your issue in a day and people would be able to play and since you already caught a lot of the abuses of Haven you would have more integrity in the new nave your have made.
Be honest, a wipe would not affect the login problems one bit. Their system is broken and would continue to be.

As for the rest, the community is bound to be heavily split over what SV should do.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Be honest, a wipe would not affect the login problems one bit. Their system is broken and would continue to be.

As for the rest, the community is bound to be heavily split over what SV should do.
As I explained Haven has all the server infrastructure. Haven can handle everyone who is in queue. If you wipe and then gate people leaving haven by requiring clades or even just locking myrland until they fix the servers then people will be able to have a fair start and people would be in haven instead of the very limted population Myrland.

Plus their persistent world is tainted and has no integrity so what does it matter if its persistent. You get a more honest game with the fresh start you should be having with a new launch.

Day six of a corrupt and incompetent launch still no wipe, still most people stuck in queue not being able to even go back to haven, still people getting in to the game and getting ahead of everyone else. Devs didnt learn anything from MO1 about having integrity in their game.

Reactions: Draed and Starz