Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Yes, that's what I said.

Having the coders tied up addressing the queue and server issues means they weren't fixing bugs.

Now they'll be fixing bugs.
But bugs in the game dosent matter if people cant get into the game.

Also fixing the server as its not working as inteded, isnt that fixing a bug? ;P

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Sure, but I am referring to the common bugs encountered during normal gameplay. The ones that actually make people quit.
So not getting into the game for several weeks dosent make people quit, is that what you are saying?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That's exactly what they have said they're addressing. They're literally telling you they're going to do what you're asking for here in this comment.

The reason given as to why we got so many unfinished and unpolished additions to the game was that they released the patches too early to meet the deadlines on the roadmaps they gave.

Obviously that's due to a lack of proper planning, resource allocation, project management and accurate time and effort estimation, but that's why we aren't getting dates on the next roadmap.

We'll get things when they're ready, which will of course take longer than two weeks per patch.
Ive played many games, some of them failed, some of them succeed eventually. They didnt succeed because the people who made the same mistakes over and over said we are polishing the game.

Didn't play mo1, but I've played thousands of hours of mo2 for over a year now. I wont hold my breath when Henrik says they are sorry and will try a different path to make the game the best mmorpg sandbox for the 50th time.

Henrik says many thing and I have yet to be satisfied with the product he produced after "coming to terms with the games condition"

Same old bullshiting from Henrik. Need to stop defending a dude that has only shown you disappointment. People should continue to light the fire under his behind so he held to a standard.

The games unpolishedness is a issue, but they need to work on the core gameplay loops and mechanics. Which I dont expect they would look into because Henrik is concerned with more shallow things.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
That's exactly what they have said they're addressing. They're literally telling you they're going to do what you're asking for here in this comment.

The reason given as to why we got so many unfinished and unpolished additions to the game was that they released the patches too early to meet the deadlines on the roadmaps they gave.

Obviously that's due to a lack of proper planning, resource allocation, project management and accurate time and effort estimation (name a game company that always keeps to their deadlines), but that's why we aren't getting dates on the next roadmap.

We'll get things when they're ready, which will of course take longer than two weeks per patch, and is how it should have been done from the beginning.
But they did promise this before, doesn't matter what they "Say" we can only measure with results.

Those are no reasons. Theres no reason on not having enough time to develop content and release it anyways in whatever state they managed to get it.
If they can't finish with the deadline why would you release a placeholder bullshit and move on to the next thing that Will have the same level of brokeness.
Do they have such a shit criteria that cant be sincere with themselves and the community and say "hey guys we missing a couple of weeks for finishing testing this content" so when it comes out is not total dog ass dead wasted time.

All i want is to see them try to get better, not to continue releasing garbage content.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Sure, but I am referring to the common bugs encountered during normal gameplay. The ones that actually make people quit.
People quit for many reasons. Bugs do turn people off. Some gamebreaking bugs do affect the population like the old razorback fur crashes of beta.
That literally prevented people from playing the game. Or when lights for priest were removed (bug) which made noobs end up in bad situations, you could see the pop drop super hard.

But in my experience in playing beta/alpah/indie games. Bugs annoy people a lot but don't really make people quit if they have been playing for a while. bugs just hurt "immediate retention" as in people who only play for a day or two and do not understand the game at all yet.

SV needs to look at why a lot of their long term players keep falling off, which reasons have been given for the past 8 months as ignored feedback.

Project polish is just PR. and facts of this backed up by history of SV/Henrik would be denied only by the blind and ignorant.
PR that is merely a excuse to get subs into the game but Henrik doesnt understand the community or player or game so he will still lose players when subs come in after Project Polish.

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
I agree with everything Farligbonde said. Sometimes to win an argument it's just nice to admit your wrong and then people will listen. The same way to the 13 steps of recovery are starting with admitting you have a problem. The thing is anyone that defends MO2 is obviously new and are drunk on the massive world and the possibilities. But once upon a time the game was actually way more fun with less features.

I'm not saying let's go backwards... But I argued with SV that of they're going to release with subs that it would not be a good idea to release with early access slapped on there AND a subscription fee. But now due to the disastrous release (yes it was a disaster) and having halted subs for these past few months. It would do them justice to admit they were wrong, apologize, slap Early Access on the Steam page, continue their polish phase for the next few months and re-release.

Once Necromancy drops we all know the story..... Everyone will eventually get bored with no new content after everyone has obtained what they wanted this patch for the next few months and we will have even less active members. We are at 400 now from 10k at launch and more than half those people didn't even get to experience the game.

I like that Farligbonde was very classy about this post because everyone wants the game to succeed but it's almost like SV is their own worst enemy on this game.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
But they did promise this before, doesn't matter what they "Say" we can only measure with results.

Those are no reasons. Theres no reason on not having enough time to develop content and release it anyways in whatever state they managed to get it.
If they can't finish with the deadline why would you release a placeholder bullshit and move on to the next thing that Will have the same level of brokeness.
Do they have such a shit criteria that cant be sincere with themselves and the community and say "hey guys we missing a couple of weeks for finishing testing this content" so when it comes out is not total dog ass dead wasted time.

All i want is to see them try to get better, not to continue releasing garbage content.
I agree, just because you miss your deadline you shouldn't release anyway. In those instances they should have restructured the roadmap to accommodate the new amount of time they think they'll need.

I don't think anyone should ever release an unfinished update.

I see them trying to get better by announcing they're fixing all of the problems that lead to our current situation. Whether or not people choose to believe it will work before we have any evidence that it will or won't is up to them.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Project polish is just PR.
We'll have to wait and see.

I for one, don't see any reason why it will fail save for some uncanny alternate dimension where working on fixing bugs for months results in no bugs being fixed.

Unless they simply don't do what they said they're doing, it should work.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
I agree with everything Farligbonde said. Sometimes to win an argument it's just nice to admit your wrong and then people will listen. The same way to the 13 steps of recovery are starting with admitting you have a problem. The thing is anyone that defends MO2 is obviously new and are drunk on the massive world and the possibilities. But once upon a time the game was actually way more fun with less features.

I'm not saying let's go backwards... But I argued with SV that of they're going to release with subs that it would not be a good idea to release with early access slapped on there AND a subscription fee. But now due to the disastrous release (yes it was a disaster) and having halted subs for these past few months. It would do them justice to admit they were wrong, apologize, slap Early Access on the Steam page, continue their polish phase for the next few months and re-release.

Once Necromancy drops we all know the story..... Everyone will eventually get bored with no new content after everyone has obtained what they wanted this patch for the next few months and we will have even less active members. We are at 400 now from 10k at launch and more than half those people didn't even get to experience the game.

I like that Farligbonde was very classy about this post because everyone wants the game to succeed but it's almost like SV is their own worst enemy on this game.
I don't think anyone at SV thinks the Necromancy patch will be the saviour of the game.

I believe the goal is to release this patch, making good on the last item of their previous roadmap before moving on to fix the core issues in the game, both involving bugs and design pain points.

Once that happens, we should theoretically see a slow growth in population as new players stick around more often.

Of course it might not go that way, but that's what appears to be the plan at least. I think it's a solid one.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I agree, just because you miss your deadline you shouldn't release anyway. In those instances they should have restructured the roadmap to accommodate the new amount of time they think they'll need.

I don't think anyone should ever release an unfinished update.

I see them trying to get better by announcing they're fixing all of the problems that lead to our current situation. Whether or not people choose to believe it will work before we have any evidence that it will or won't is up to them.

I know all this, and i've seen them "say" many things before. More than empty words i wanna see results, so yeah we will see what they come up with. They have failed to keep up with their word before so i don't have any reason to believe them this time either, i will give them the benefit of the doubt as i allways did.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Some fucking peasant troll made a thread and now all the boo trolls are having a nutcup. Fucking peasants, cant wait for subs to regulate peasants out of both forums and game.
And half the population from 700 average to about 400. It’s always the people, players. Never starvault fir consistently delivering a bad game.

110k sold. Maybe MAYBE. 3-4k logins counting their alts a day. The overwhelming majority says bad game. But you can stick to your copium storyline. Game gud player bad.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
We'll have to wait and see.

I for one, don't see any reason why it will fail save for some uncanny alternate dimension where working on fixing bugs for months results in no bugs being fixed.

Unless they simply don't do what they said they're doing, it should work.
For someone that’s been with MO since 2011. Your memory must be fuzzy. They always break more than they fix. There are literal bugs, exploits and dupes in MO1 that are in MO2.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
And half the population from 700 average to about 400. It’s always the people, players. Never starvault fir consistently delivering a bad game.

110k sold. Maybe MAYBE. 3-4k logins counting their alts a day. The overwhelming majority says bad game. But you can stick to your copium storyline. Game gud player bad.
Maybe you are right, idk. But I do know that I hate peasants like the OP. Peasants should stay at their farms. Live and let live. Stay at home and stfu.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i just wonder how much it will drop when they ask for sub with game still in same state :d

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Why would they admit defeat? Defeat from what? They havent lost anything, other than players.... but that is besides the point. They are still working on the game its not like the game is going anywhere, its not like they are charging subs yet.

But I guess people dont like having to watch their mouth instead of running around like a bunch of hopped up xbox live gamers from the early 2000s.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why would they admit defeat? Defeat from what? They havent lost anything, other than players.... but that is besides the point. They are still working on the game its not like the game is going anywhere, its not like they are charging subs yet.

But I guess people dont like having to watch their mouth instead of running around like a bunch of hopped up xbox live gamers from the early 2000s.
tha fuck is wrong with you?

• Haha

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022

winner winner chicken dinner haha