Would accepting defeat be the better choice right now for the game long term?

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
They haven't been dedicating time to fixing things for 6 months, they have been dealing with server optimisation and creating new content for the current roadmap about to end.

If the developers are allowed to focus completely on bug fixing and polish I have no doubt we will see great results in a short period of time.

That means the art team can focus on polishing things as well, working on the new points of interest and redoing some of the less aesthetically pleasing areas of Myrland, bringing everything up to a good standard.

This opportunity to go back and fix things is extremely rare in game development, as most companies get stuck thinking that if they don't always work on new content they'll die, but it's a trap because if you fix the game then more new players will stick around and there's hardly a shortage of people trying the game.

If the core game is fixed, they can then focus on adding new content without worrying about dedicating dev time each sprint to fixing annoying legacy bugs because there hopefully won't be any. That means more time to focus on making the current patch good, which means less bugs being introduced to the live game.

It's a win-win, except for the impatient people who would rather the game stay broken if it means they get their favourite content sooner.

It's the only choice for the game's health long term and I'm over the moon that they're actually doing it.
The "never stopping creating" content"" killed MO1. Nobody wanted a themepark of placeholder bullshit, they were told this but they didn't care about anything because the agenda was to "make" content for MO2.
Piling up layers and layers of incomplete content that most of it never made sense, why invest time and effort on incomplete systems we won't ever know, but it's the same now, name 5 features that seem complete.
Idk about you, but when i do anything i do it 100% so i don't have to come back and re-do again the same shit, maybe i have to go back and check some particular things but i wouldn't have to do 50% remaining cuz i didn't do it well the first time, thats optimizing resources.
Then a question emerges, is that placeholder content intentionally made like that as a scam resource or they actually lack the structure and professionals involved to produce good stuff.
Anyways it's wrong and as long as it aint addressed the game will continue to go down the toilette.

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
They haven't been dedicating time to fixing things for 6 months, they have been dealing with server optimisation and creating new content for the current roadmap about to end.

If the developers are allowed to focus completely on bug fixing and polish I have no doubt we will see great results in a short period of time.

That means the art team can focus on polishing things as well, working on the new points of interest and redoing some of the less aesthetically pleasing areas of Myrland, bringing everything up to a good standard.

This opportunity to go back and fix things is extremely rare in game development, as most companies get stuck thinking that if they don't always work on new content they'll die, but it's a trap because if you fix the game then more new players will stick around and there's hardly a shortage of people trying the game.

If the core game is fixed, they can then focus on adding new content without worrying about dedicating dev time each sprint to fixing annoying legacy bugs because there hopefully won't be any. That means more time to focus on making the current patch good, which means less bugs being introduced to the live game.

It's a win-win, except for the impatient people who would rather the game stay broken if it means they get their favourite content sooner.

It's the only choice for the game's health long term and I'm over the moon that they're actually doing it.
Dude... They spent the first month on remaking the Queue system that should have been there from the start.
3-4 months trying to get the capacity up. And still fighting various issues with housing system.
Cut the crap.

Reactions: Daikos and tal0s

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I just think its funny, you have one dude saying not the "real community". Yet in this thread is pretty much every facet of the community mostly agreeing.

To these people the real community is a bunch of noobs that haven experienced StarVault long enough to understand the communities frustration.

StaryVault seems to still be at odds and blames their community for the games problems. I feel like they just want to get rid of the community and get a new one because the old community is rightfully saying things that hurt SVs pride.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
How do you know this if we haven't seen the fruits of these changes yet?

As Henrik and Robmo have said, essentially the entire team has moved over to a new workflow which includes the QA process.

The next patch will show if we're in a better state now than we were before.

Also have you seen the announcement SV put out yesterday that they will be dedicating substantial time to fixing bugs and polishing the game after the Necromancy patch, to fix all the major issues people are having?

That's not a band-aid that's a greater heal.

we shall see. But 12 years of consistent broken content prove the point.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022

You must be new here. SV has had these “let’s fix things” moments several times. It never panned out.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
They really need to just go back and make the core systems of the game better.

Make the task/quest system better and with actual content. Running parcels sucks. Every one dislikes doing it unless they were going to the next town anyways. Still dont have that finding the

Keep ignoring peoples issues with the god awefull lighting which is burning hotbars into peoples monitors.

Im glad they are working on polish, but I don't have any hope that they do the right things. Henrik is very superficial in his wants, so the polish will just be making a polished turd. Then they will say they did a good job, path them selves on the backs before doing the same BS that they did before operation polish.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
Dude... They spent the first month on remaking the Queue system that should have been there from the start.
3-4 months trying to get the capacity up. And still fighting various issues with housing system.
Cut the crap.
Who would of thunk an mmo launched in 2022 with no que system in place. Oh wait it was SV. A player had to make their patcher for the launch of MO1 cause they couldn’t do it.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You must be new here. SV has had these “let’s fix things” moments several times. It never panned out.
yeah SV always says we fixed X!

But in truth they just are pretending and hoping that people just stop trying to do X. It works for a little bit then people go back to doing X. Or being hurt by X if its a bad bug.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Cut the crap.
lmao yes, the day before launch Henrique said on stream and i've seen him say it and a bunch of deniers still defend him. "WE ARE PROUD BECAUSE THE GAME CAN HANDLE 100K PEOPLE".

Not having a log in, a backup plan. But they didn't wanna really stress test or delay launch, man this happened exacly the same to the letter on MO1 launch. This people don't have memory?

Reactions: Daikos

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
I just think its funny, you have one dude saying not the "real community". Yet in this thread is pretty much every facet of the community mostly agreeing.

To these people the real community is a bunch of noobs that haven experienced StarVault long enough to understand the communities frustration.

StaryVault seems to still be at odds and blames their community for the games problems. I feel like they just want to get rid of the community and get a new one because the old community is rightfully saying things that hurt SVs pride.
Well you get to use the same old promises on the new community and they gobble it up like it was never used before. Like “let’s slow down and fix things”. Never heard that before. Or the 12 year promise on ships.

• Haha

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
lmao yes, the day before launch Henrique said on stream and i've seen him say it and a bunch of deniers still defend him. "WE ARE PROUD BECAUSE THE GAME CAN HANDLE 100K PEOPLE".

Not having a log in, a backup plan. But they didn't wanna really stress test or delay launch, man this happened exacly the same to the letter on MO1 launch. This people don't have memory?
Fanbois will fall over themselves making up excuses as to why Henrik didn’t lie or he really meant to say this or that.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Well you get to use the same old promises on the new community and they gobble it up like it was never used before. Like “let’s slow down and fix things”. Never heard that before. Or the 12 year promise on ships.

So true roflmao, helpchat is a shitshow of salty pvp noobs and wishy thinkers that ask every 10 minutes when boats and mounted bears are going to be added since Henrique mentioned on the stream, how negligent you gotta be to lie to those poor noobs that will last 1 more week of gameplay after they realize no boats and mounted bears.

Pocketss

May 21, 2022
So true roflmao, helpchat is a shitshow of salty pvp noobs and wishy thinkers that ask every 10 minutes when boats and mounted bears are going to be added since Henrique mentioned on the stream, how negligent you gotta be to lie to those poor noobs that will last 1 more week of gameplay after they realize no boats and mounted bears.
His streams are the greatest hits of Hopium from MO1. Like he is literally saying the same exact promises from the launch of MO1. I mean. I know they are porting over the content from it and calling it MO2. But the same exact promises?!? Lol. Get new material. I’ll lose my shit if he starts hyping up “dynamic weather”.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
His streams are the greatest hits of Hopium from MO1. Like he is literally saying the same exact promises from the launch of MO1. I mean. I know they are porting over the content from it and calling it MO2. But the same exact promises?!? Lol. Get new material. I’ll lose my shit if he starts hyping up “dynamic weather”.
He already did mentioned it before several times, but people likes more boats i guess 🤣

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Some fucking peasant troll made a thread and now all the boo trolls are having a nutcup. Fucking peasants, cant wait for subs to regulate peasants out of both forums and game.
Shuush why such fanboi grendel, all thats been said are fair points want it or not.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
The "never stopping creating" content"" killed MO1. Nobody wanted a themepark of placeholder bullshit, they were told this but they didn't care about anything because the agenda was to "make" content for MO2.
Piling up layers and layers of incomplete content that most of it never made sense, why invest time and effort on incomplete systems we won't ever know, but it's the same now, name 5 features that seem complete.
Idk about you, but when i do anything i do it 100% so i don't have to come back and re-do again the same shit, maybe i have to go back and check some particular things but i wouldn't have to do 50% remaining cuz i didn't do it well the first time, thats optimizing resources.
Then a question emerges, is that placeholder content intentionally made like that as a scam resource or they actually lack the structure and professionals involved to produce good stuff.
Anyways it's wrong and as long as it aint addressed the game will continue to go down the toilette.
That's exactly what they have said they're addressing. They're literally telling you they're going to do what you're asking for here in this comment.

The reason given as to why we got so many unfinished and unpolished additions to the game was that they released the patches too early to meet the deadlines on the roadmaps they gave.

Obviously that's due to a lack of proper planning, resource allocation, project management and accurate time and effort estimation (name a game company that always keeps to their deadlines), but that's why we aren't getting dates on the next roadmap.

We'll get things when they're ready, which will of course take longer than two weeks per patch, and is how it should have been done from the beginning.

Last edited:

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Cut the crap.
Yes, that's what I said.

Having the coders tied up addressing the queue and server issues means they weren't fixing bugs.

Now they'll be fixing bugs.

Valoran

May 28, 2020
Quite new, I've only played MO1 since around 2011 and MO2 since day one of the combat alpha.