What's the argument of nothing having the Server or starting contintent in NA?

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
I'm curious what argument against this.

If we're only going to have one server, NA east coast. The west of europe still gets respectable ping, and west coast of NA aren't gimped out.

Even Australians get better ping to the server.

"What bout the eastern bloc you ask?" Those commies are still living in the 80s; yuck to them I say!

Same goes with the two regions to continent argument. Why shouldn't the first be north american? I mean the game is releasing on STEAM, not xsolla. Can you imagine the steam reviews when people realize there isn't / won't be a north american server? Even LiF had the foresight to release with a north american server.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
Because you could keep the game in EU and East Coast, EU, and Eastern Europe would have good ping while the commies in California still living in the 80s can yuck themselves.

Also, Starvault is a company based in Sweden. Why would they make their ONLY SERVER on the wrong continent? That is not with Henrik's The Vision

WesleySnipes

Jul 8, 2020
Because you could keep the game in EU and East Coast, EU, and Eastern Europe would have good ping while the commies in California still living in the 80s can yuck themselves.

Also, Starvault is a company based in Sweden. Why would they make their ONLY SERVER on the wrong continent? That is not with Henrik's The Vision

There's no commies on the west coast, just yuppies and zoomers.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
In a perfect world, they'd start the game with two continents connected in a fashion similar to how the two continents are connected in Mo1. Difference being one server hosted in the EU and one in NA.

That way the only reason you'd ever lose players would be either that the game sucks and people dont want to play. Or people leave because there are not enough people around.

If the game could be fun without relying on a massive server population and even very small groups of players still can have fun, meaning good/fun PVE, resource gathering and crafting then even with a dwindling population the game would still be fun to play and when the population booms it can only get better. Until we get a repeat of mo1 release /steam release and no one can play because their tech is not up to snuff.

Also even with this, they'd still have to put down some work towards high ping players, due to obvious reason. But it wouldn't be as mandatory as it is now.

To answer your question?
Money, probably.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
In a perfect world, they'd start the game with two continents connected in a fashion similar to how the two continents are connected in Mo1. Difference being one server hosted in the EU and one in NA.

That way the only reason you'd ever lose players would be either that the game sucks and people dont want to play. Or people leave because there are not enough people around.

If the game could be fun without relying on a massive server population and even very small groups of players still can have fun, meaning good/fun PVE, resource gathering and crafting then even with a dwindling population the game would still be fun to play and when the population booms it can only get better. Until we get a repeat of mo1 release /steam release and no one can play because their tech is not up to snuff.

Also even with this, they'd still have to put down some work towards high ping players, due to obvious reason. But it wouldn't be as mandatory as it is now.

To answer your question?
Money, probably.
Hey you know what that first part ain't a bad idea. Imagine they started off with Myrland as an EU server, Sarducca to the west is an NA server, whereever the hell Oghmirs come from... past Gaul Kor would be the Russian server, and South of the Jungle is for all the Nigerian Princes that play on the African server.

Rennuir

May 28, 2020
hmm cool but how about nordveld is NA and sarducaa is SA gotta give the latinos something and not give NA a boring continent

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I'm curious what argument against this.

If we're only going to have one server, NA east coast. The west of europe still gets respectable ping, and west coast of NA aren't gimped out.

Even Australians get better ping to the server.

"What bout the eastern bloc you ask?" Those commies are still living in the 80s; yuck to them I say!

Same goes with the two regions to continent argument. Why shouldn't the first be north american? I mean the game is releasing on STEAM, not xsolla. Can you imagine the steam reviews when people realize there isn't / won't be a north american server? Even LiF had the foresight to release with a north american server.
Pure speculation but they may receive some grants from the EU, to support EU content. Canada does that all the time even though all our media sucks.

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Hey you know what that first part ain't a bad idea. Imagine they started off with Myrland as an EU server, Sarducca to the west is an NA server, whereever the hell Oghmirs come from... past Gaul Kor would be the Russian server, and South of the Jungle is for all the Nigerian Princes that play on the African server.
You wanna know the God-Henrikin Truth? We should be glad to get our brains dunked in by euros. Maybe they'll dunk some skill into the brains of the NA scene.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Earth is flat and Europe is in the middle. So the most central location.

kHGBAaGn2sbVhGnSuFNpQa.jpg

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
So we need to put the server in the Central Sun to make it fair for everyone?
Ah yes still using that flat earther mentality I see.

No, it is much more complicated. You would need to set up 4 servers 90 degrees apart from each other surrounding the sun that would take turns being on in order to avoid the quantum plasma storms generated from prolonged 5G radiation entering from the surface world (the one we're in).

The servers would then send signals along platinum flux cored cable to either Shambala or Atlantis depending on Henriks mood (because the world revolves, or shall I say, rotates around Henrik), which have exit nodes at the Bermuda triangle or at the ex-Nazi base in Antarctica.

However since there are no land lines to Antarctica nor Bermuda, a 5th relay server would need to be created and maintained at an altitude no less than 15000 feet via flying saucer technology in order to avoid the heavy traffic from the psychic vampires sucking energy from kids traveling from Argentina and South Africa.

It is then, and only then, may mankind finally achieve pings that truly make all men equal as decreed from the US Constitution our Founding Fathers have prophesized centuries ago.

Reactions: Rhias

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.

They certainly wouldn´t bitch and moan as much. So I vote yes!

On a more serious note: I actually played quiet a bit of shooters like Squad on NA Eastcoast servers. Was completely fine. Then again in terms of potential costumer base London covers alot more people. Looking at maps pop density is higher on the US eastcoast and the EU has more citizens total compared to the US. All those people can play fine on a london based server.

Last edited:
Reactions: bbihah

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Heres the deal Muricans.

Bring enough NA players to MO so they need another server based in NA.
Do your duty! Bring them players!

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Heres the deal Muricans.

Bring enough NA players to MO so they need another server based in NA.
Do your duty! Bring them players!
There's already more NA than everyone else. You know that isn't the issue.